*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌时 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌时 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*一如呼吸是人的本能 一如眼睛生而可见*
*As men can breath and eyes can see,*
*它将赐你以生命*
*this gives life to thee.*
*过去只是开场白 所以理所当然*
*What’s past is prologue, so it makes sense*
*在你死后4个世纪我们再次相聚在这里*
*we are gathered here four centuries after your death.*
*重复着你的话语 如同那出自我们之手*
*Speaking your words, as if produced by our sweat,*
*你是文学之王 但我对你的话略有质疑*
*Though you are king with the pen I have some questions on what you have said.*
*若布鲁特斯都是高尚之人 还有什么是卑劣*
*If Brutus is honorable, what then is horrible?*
*写下那些字句的你可曾想到今天的这一切*
*When you wrote it did you know that all this was possible.*
*它是否已深入你的骨髓*
*Did you feel it in your bones,*
*或者你的伟大根本就是与生俱来*
*Or did you have this greatness thrust upon you?*
*我觉得你早都知道 我是否该一视同仁*
*I feel that you knew, should I really give the devil his due,*
*别人的话听得多 自己的话说得少*
*listen to many and speak to few.*
*还是你只是如此一说却并没有这么做*
*Or so you said but your false tongue speaks daggers,*
*因为你已经触动过亿万心魂*
*as you have touched uncountable millons with no utterance.*
*文字永远不会稀缺 也不会是白费口舌*
*Your words are never scarce, nor spent in vein,*
*他们叫你莎士比亚 但一个名字有何蕴藏*
*They call you Shakespeare, but what’s in a name?*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*一如呼吸是本能 一如眼睛生而可见*
*As men can breath, eyes can see,*
*它将赐你以生命*
*this gives life to thee.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*地狱天黑黑 指引我找到世界之光*
*Hell and night, guide me to the world’s light,*
*文字在笔下流淌 连这牢狱也明亮了几分*
*when I write, it could turn this prison cell bright.*
*一如呼吸是本能 一如眼睛生而可见*
*As men can breath, eyes can see,*
*它将赐你以生命*
*this gives life to thee.*
*如果世界是个大舞台*
*If all the world’s a stage,*
*请照亮我的路*
*then light my way.*
*因为没有 还没有*
*Because out, out,*
*那星星烛火还没有熄灭*
*the brief candle is not.*
*几个世纪过去 但我却仍无法*
*For centuries past, yet I still cannot grasp*
*一窥那未知的*
*that undiscovered country*
*让文字永恒的世界*
*that makes words immortal.*
*如果善行是人与生俱来的天分*
*If the good that men do is interred with their bones,*
*那这快美玉则是后天努力的成果*
*then this precious stone is a beauty to rich.*
*对我来说它就是一颗宝石*
*Me thinks it’s a jewel in the air of us all,*
*因为最智慧的话语*
*as the wisest words spoken*
*往往出自最愚钝的人*
*are spoken by fools.*
一年有四季变换 人心也千变万化
As Spring turns to Summer, Love can turn to Madness:
爱绝对有让人疯狂的力量
And Love certainly does mad things to people,
接下来的三场片段分别来自《皆大欢喜》
in these three scenes from As You Like It,
《第十二夜》和《仲夏夜之梦》
Twelfth Night and A midsummer Night’s dream.
罗莎琳德女扮男装 向她心爱的奥兰多求爱
Rosalind, dressed as a boy, woos her beloved Orlando,
而后者居然没有认出她来
who somehow fails to recognize her.
管家马伏里奥爱上了他的女主人奥利维娅
The Steward Malvolio who lusts after his mistress, Olivia,
他中计穿上一双黄色长袜以博美人青睐
has been tricked into dressing up in yellow stockings to impress her;
还有仙后泰坦尼娅
And Titania, the queen of the fairies,
中了魔法爱上了可怜的织工博顿
finds herself enchanted by a poor old weaver called Bottom,
后者被变成了一头驴
who has been transformed into a donkey.
早上好 亲爱的罗莎琳德
Good day and happiness, dear Rosalind!
《皆大欢喜》
亚历克斯·沃达迈 皮帕·尼克森
这不是奥兰多吗
Why, how now, Orlando?
这么半天你去哪了
Where have you been all this while?
你是我的爱人
You, a lover,
如果你再给我来这套 就再也别见面了
and you serve me such another trick, never come in my sight more.
我的好罗莎琳德 我晚了还不到一小时呢
My fair Rosalind, I come within an hour of my promise.
在恋爱中居然迟到了一个小时
Break an hour’s promise in love.
一个人如果将一分钟分成一千份
He that will divide a minute into a thousand parts
在与恋人约会时迟到一分钟的
and break but a part of the thousandth part of a minute
千分之一
in the affairs of love,
也许有人会说丘比特曾拍过他的肩膀
it may be said of him that Cupid hath clapped him o’ the shoulder,
但我敢说爱神之箭肯定没射中他的心房♥
but I’ll warrant him heart-whole.
原谅我 亲爱的罗莎琳德
Pardon me, dear Rosalind.
不要 你再这么磨磨蹭蹭的
Nay, an you be so tardy,
就别来找我了
come no more in my sight:
我宁愿找只蜗牛来跟我献殷勤
I had as lief be wooed of a snail.
一只蜗牛
Of a snail?
是的 蜗牛
Ay, of a snail,
不过现在 我做你的罗莎琳德
but come, now I will be your Rosalind
乖巧温柔的罗莎琳德
in a more coming-on disposition,
大胆提出要求吧
and ask me what you will.
我会答应的
I’ll grant it.

Then…
爱我吧 罗莎琳德
Love me, Rosalind.
好的 我爱你
Yes, faith, will I,
一周7天一天不落
Fridays and Saturdays and all.
那你愿意和我在一起吗
And will thou have me?
你这样的20个我都愿意
Ay, and twenty such.
你这话什么意思
What sayest thou?
你不是好人吗
Are you not good?
我希望是的
I hope so.
那好的东西难道不是多多益善吗
Why then, can one desire too much of a good thing?
告诉我你得到她以后会和她在一起多久
Now tell me how long you would have her after you have possessed her.
比永远还远一天
Forever and a day.
只要一天 不要永远
Say ‘a day,’ without the ‘ever.’
不 不 奥兰多
No, no, Orlando;
男人求爱时是四月天
Men are April when they woo,
结了婚就成了十二月天
December when they wed:
姑娘们的处子之身宛如五月天
maids are May when they are maids,
一旦为人♥妻♥ 天也就变了脸
but the sky changes when they are wifes.
我对你要比一只巴巴里雄鸽
I will be more jealous of thee
对待它的雌鸽还要半信半疑
than a Barbary cock-pigeon over his hen,
比雨前的鹦鹉更加吵闹
more clamorous than a parrot against rain,
比猩猩更喜新厌旧
more new-fangled than an ape,
比猴子更反复无常
more giddy in my desires than a monkey:
我要在你高兴时像喷泉钟的
I will weep for nothing, like Diana in the fountain,
狄安娜女神一样无端哭泣
and I will do that when you are disposed to be merry;
我要在你想睡觉的时候
I will laugh like a hyena,
像土狼一样纵声大笑
and that when thou art inclined to sleep.
但我的罗莎琳德会这样吗
But will my Rosalind do so?
我发誓她肯定
By my life,
会做我说的这些事
she will do as I do.
但她可聪明呢
Oh, but she is wise.
不聪明她哪来的本领做这种事
Or else she could not have the wit to do this:
越聪明才越淘气
The wiser, the waywarder.
你用门锁住女人的智慧 它会从窗户飞出来
make the doors upon a woman’s wit and it will out at the casement;
你关上窗户 它会从钥匙孔钻出来
shut that and ’twill out at the key-hole;
你塞住钥匙孔 它会像烟一样从烟囱飘出来
stop that, ’twill fly with the smoke out of the chimney.
罗莎琳德 我要离开你两个小时
For these two hours, Rosalind, I will leave thee.
亲爱的 我可离不了你两小时啊
Dear love, I cannot lack thee two hours.
两点钟我就回来找你
By two o’clock I will be with thee again.
好 你去吧 去吧
Ay, go your ways, go your ways;
我就知道你会这样
I knew what you would prove:
我的朋友也告诫过我 我也清楚
my friends told me as much, and I thought no less:
你用花言巧语骗到了我
that flattering tongue of yours won me:
到头来还是会抛弃我
’tis but one cast away,
死就死吧
and so come death.
你说的两点钟哦
Two o’clock is your hour?
是的 亲爱的罗莎琳德
Ay, sweet Rosalind.
摸着良心 毫无虚言
By my troth, and in good earnest,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!