花钱如流水
losing the money at bridge, playing all day and all night,
浑身都是铜臭味
smelling of money.
唯一值得引以为荣的 是她们的珠宝
Proud of their jewellery, but of nothing else.
讨厌衰老肥胖 贪心的女人
Horrible, faded, fat, greedy women.
但她们是人啊! 活生生的人啊!
But they’re alive! They’re human beings.
是吗?是吗查莉?
Are they? Are they, Charlie?
她们不像贪得 无厌的动物吗?怎么样?
Are they human, or are they fat, wheezing animals? Hm?
动物变老 肥得不能动了又怎么样?
And what happens to animals when they get too fat and too old?
我好像在这就演讲了
Well, I seem to be making my speech right here.
不要在俱乐部说这些! 你会被赶下台的
Don’t talk about women like that in front of my club! You’ll be lynched.
波特太太也去 她跟我提起你
That nice Mrs Potter’s going to be there. She was asking me about you.
格林把她带去俱乐部 演讲后我帮你介绍
The Greenes are bringing her here to the party I’m having for you afterwards.
祖贺博来了
Joe, it’s Herbert.
他总是在我们吃饭时来
He always comes when we’re eating.
晚安牛顿太太
Good evening, Mrs Newton.
– 晚安奥克里先生 – 晚安
– Good evening, Mr Oakley. – Good evening.
贺博你妈妈还好吗?
Well, Herb, how’s your mother?
噢一般吧
Oh, she’s just middling.
– 吃饭了吗? – 一小时前吃过了
– Had your dinner? – Oh, I had mine an hour ago.
你们果然新潮 这么晚才吃饭啊
You folks are getting pretty stylish. Having dinner later every evening.
哈哈!
Ha ha!
– 祖 – 怎么啦?
– Joe. – Huh?
– 祖我摘了些蘑菇 – 你没告诉我
– Joe, I-I picked some mushrooms. – You don’t say?
蘑菇令你想起什么吗?
Mushrooms mean anything to you, Joe?
我在外面吃的肉排 还不如这个美味呢
I eat ’em on my steak when I’m out and the meat’s not good enough as it is.
我送你些蘑菇 你会吃吗?
If I brought you some mushrooms, would you eat ’em?
可能会吧 为什么这样说?
Suppose I would. Why?
对了我最多只会 被判一般杀人罪
Then I’ve got it. The worst I’d be accused of would be manslaughter.
造成意外死亡 干净利落
Doubt if I’d get that. Accidental death, pure and simple.
一篮子的蘑菇里… 只有两三个有毒
A basket of good mushrooms and… two or three poisonous ones.
不无知的陪审团 只会注意有毒的
No, no. Innocent party might get the poisonous ones.
我在刮胡子时想到一方法
I thought of something better when I was shaving.
浴盆把你倒挂着 而你的腿放在外面 这有人做过了但兵不厌诈
A bath tub. Pull the legs out from under you, hold you down.
你们怎么了?
Oh, what’s the matter with you two?
非得整天都说着杀人吗?
Do you always have to talk about killing people?
我们不是说杀其他人
We’re not talking about killing people.
贺博想杀我 而我想杀他
Herb’s talking about killing me, and I’m talking about killing him.
这是你♥爸♥爸的娱乐方式
It’s your father’s way of relaxing.
他就不能用其他方式吗?
Can’t he find some other way to relax?
除了研究毒药 就不能有点安宁吗?
Can’t we have a little peace and quiet without dragging in poisons all the time?
查莉!她在胡说八道
Charlie! She doesn ‘ t make sense talking like that.
真令人担心罗杰 找她回来
I’m worried about her. Roger, bring her back.
我跟着她 你们继续吃
I’ll go. You stay and finish dinner. I’ll catch up with her.
她怎么了?
What’s wrong with her?
– 对不起诺顿警官 – 你总是在街上乱跑
– Excuse me, Mr Norton. – You’re always running around at night.
– 你昨晚匆匆忙忙去哪? – 只是有点事做
– Where were you hurrying to last night? – Just doing an errand.
– 这位是你的叔叔吗? – 是的
– Is this your uncle I’ve heard about? – Yes.
– 诺顿警官这是查理叔叔 – 很高兴认识你你叫?
– Uncle Charlie, Mr Norton. – Glad to know you. What’s the name?
查理.奥克里 很高兴认识你
Oakley. Charles Oakley. Nice to meet you.
管好你的外甥女 下次我可要给她开罚单
Better keep your eye on your niece. I’ll have to give her a ticket for speeding.
在马路上横冲直撞 是违法的知道吗?
– City ordinance about running. – Hear that, Charlie?
不要知法犯法 我会看好她的了
Don’t want to break the law. I’ll take care of her.
晚安
– Good night. – Good night.
查莉怎么了? 发生什么事了?
What’s the matter, Charlie? What’s wrong?
– 我要跟你谈谈 – 你又弄痛我了
– I want to talk to you. – You’re hurting my arm again.
– 跟我来 – 不我没来过这些地方
– Come in here with me. – I can’t. I don’t go to places like this.

Go on in.
– 带我来这干嘛? – 在哪里又有什么关系呢?
– Why’d you bring me here? – What does it matter where we are?
– 你好查莉 – 你好
Hello, Charlie. Hello.
路易斯你好查理叔叔 这是路易斯.菲治你好
Hello, Louise. Uncle Charlie, Louise Finch.
– 这是我的叔叔 – 我是查莉的同学
– This is my uncle. – I was in Charlie’s class in school.
没想过你会来这里
I sure was surprised to see you come in. I never thought I’d see you here.
我来这里有两周了
I been here two weeks. Lost my job over at Kern’s.
我在全镇一半的酒吧干过 要点什么?
I’ve been in half the restaurants in town. What’ll you have, Charlie?
不了给她一杯 姜汁我要白兰地
– Nothing, thank you. – A ginger ale for her, a brandy for me.
– 查莉怎么了 – 怎么了?
– Well, Charlie? – Well?
你知道很多吗? 那家伙告诉你些东西
Think you know something, don’t you? That young fellow told you something.
杰克?凭什么说 他知道你的事?
Jack? Why should he know anything about you?
– 查莉我不想 我们之间有什么误会
Charlie, something’s come between us. I don’t want that to happen.
因为我们是老朋友啊 而且…
Why, we’re old friends.
我们就像双胞胎
More than that. We’re like twins.
– 是你自己说 – 查理叔叔别碰我
– You said so yourself. – Don’t touch me, Uncle Charlie.
他跟你说了什么?
What did that boy tell you?
他没说什么 我也想他不知道你的事
He’s got nothing to do with it. I hope he never knows anything about you.
查莉 你真是细心可爱的女孩
Charlie, you’re a pretty understanding sort of girl.
如果你听到 关于我的传闻
If you’ve heard some little things about me,
我想你肯定 不会把它当真
I guess you’re a woman of the world enough to overlook them.
人人都看出 你是家里的支柱
You’re the head of your family, Charlie. Anyone can see that.
我老了我十六岁 就开始到处漂泊
I’m not so old. I’ve been chasing around the globe since I was sixteen.
我做了些蠢事
I guess I’ve done some pretty foolish things,
犯了愚蠢的错误
made some pretty foolish mistakes.
没什么大不了 只是…可笑的错误
Nothing serious, just… foolish.
查莉别妄自猜测
Oh, Charlie, now, don’t start imagining things.
你怎么能做出这种事? 你是我的叔叔
How could you do such things? You’re my uncle,
我妈的弟弟
my mother’s brother.
我们都认为 你是很成功的人
We thought you were the most wonderful man in the world.
– 世界上最成功的人 – 查莉你知道什么?
– The most wonderful and the best. – Charlie, what do you know?
让你们久等了 我们真的很忙
I’m sorry I was so long. We’re awful busy.
这是谁的? 不是很漂亮吗?
Whose is it? Ain’t it beautiful?
我一直都想 拥有这样的戒指
I’d just die for a ring like that.
这戒指简直让我目眩
Yes sir, for a ring like that, I’d just about die.
我最爱珠宝- – 真的珠宝
I love jewellery, real jewellery.
我根本不用就能辩出真假
Notice I didn’t even have to ask if it was real. You can tell.
– 我知道 – 我要多一杯白兰地
– I can. – Bring me another brandy.
坐下
Sit down.
坐下!
Sit down!
你认为自己知道多少?
You think you know something, don’t you?
你以为你很聪明
You think you’re the clever little girl who knows something.
但你不知道的还多着呢
There’s so much you don’t know. So much.
你知道什么?
What do you know, really?
你只不过是个普通的女孩
You’re just an ordinary little girl living in an ordinary little town.
每天从床上醒来 无u3000无虑
You wake up every day and know there’s nothing in the world to trouble you.
平平淡淡地过日子…
You go through your ordinary little day.
晚上睡在安稳的床 做些无聊的梦
At night, you sleep your ordinary sleep filled with peaceful, stupid dreams.
是我给你带来噩梦
And I brought you nightmares.
对吗?还是一个谎言?
Or did I? Or was it a silly, inexpert, little lie?
你生活在梦境里 看不到现实
You live in a dream. You’re a sleepwalker, blind.
你知道外面的世界是怎样吗?
How do you know what the world is like?
你能想像那就像 猪圈般肮脏吗?
Do you know the world is a foul sty?
你知道周围是带着 面具的卑贱小人吗?
Do you know if you ripped the fronts off houses, you’d find swine?
这个该死的世界 有谁在乎发生什么?
The world’s a hell. What does it matter what happens in it?
醒醒吧查莉 你的聪明去哪了?
Wake up, Charlie. Use your wits. Learn something!
查莉你走了吗?
You goin’, Charlie?
– 查莉你会帮我吗? – 帮你?
– Charlie, will you help me? – Help you?
我们身上淌着一样的血 一周前我几乎绝望
The same blood flows through our veins. I was at the end of my rope.
我太累了我受够了
Oh, I’m so tired. There’s an end to the running a man can do.
你没法想像那种累 我准备- –
You’ll never know what it’s like to be so tired. I was going to…
嗯…我想离开这里 帮帮我查莉
Then I got the idea of coming out here. It’s my last chance, Charlie.
给我一次机会
Give it to me.
格翰和那个家伙不知道
Graham and the other fellow, they don’t know.
如果抓到东部的那个 嫌疑犯我就- –
There’s a man in the east they suspect, and if they get him, I’ll…
查莉给我一次机会
Charlie, give me this last chance.
好吧那你走!
Take your chance. Go!
我会走的查莉 给我几天时间
I’ll go, Charlie. Just give me a few days.
为你妈妈着想 她知道后会疯的
Think of your mother. It’ll kill your mother.
我知道她会受不了的
Yes, it would kill my mother.
那你几天后要离开这里
Take your few days. See that you get away from here.
你知道如果 我被抓了后果是什么?
You realise what it’ll mean if they get me?
坐电椅
The electric chair.
查莉全靠你了 你要帮我啊
Charlie, you’ve got to help me.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!