但现在我觉得不需要了
but now I don’t want another thing.
– 她傻了 – 她并不是傻了
– She’s crazy. – She doesn’t mean it.
她其实是在假装 像小说里面的女孩那样
If you ask me, I think she’s putting on, like girls in books.
口里说不需要 而后来就什么都想要
The ones that say they don’t want anything always get more in the end.
– 她是这样想的 – 她不傻啊
– That’s what she’s hoping. – She’s not crazy.
在班里她是最聪明的
The smartest girl in her class at school.
– 独自一人在辩论赛中赢了里奇门中学辩论队 – 她很有头脑的
Won the debate against theEast Richmond HighSchool. She’s got brains.
我是认真的 不必给我任何东西
I meant it. Please don’t give me anything.
– 为什么? – 我不知道怎么解释
– Nothing? – Oh, I can’t explain it.
你来了之后 妈妈很开心…
But you came here and Mother’s so happy and…
噢我很高兴我们名字一样
Oh, I’m glad that she named me after you and that she thinks we’re both alike.
我想我们是相同的
I think we are, too. I know it.
你送我东西的话 会破坏事情的
Oh, it would spoil things if you should give me anything.
你真是个奇怪的女孩 那会破坏什么事呢?
You’re a strange girl, Charlie. Why would it spoil things?
因为我们并不仅 是叔叔和外甥女关系
Because we’re not just an uncle and a niece. It’s something else.
我了解你 别人了解你不多
I know you. I know that you don’t tell people a lot of things.
我觉得在你身上有些事情…
I don’t either. I have a feeling that inside you somewhere,
没有其他任何人知道
there’s something nobody knows about.
没有人知道?
Something… nobody knows?
是一些很惊奇的事情 我会知道的
Something secret and wonderful and… I’ll find it out.
知道太多并不好啊查莉
It’s not good to find out too much, Charlie.
我们就像双胞胎 不是吗?
But we’re sort of like twins. Don’t you see?
– 我们都知道的 – 把手给我查莉
– We have to know. – Give me your hand, Charlie.
谢谢你
Thank you.
– 你不看一眼啊 – 我不需要看了
– You didn’t even look at it. – I don’t have to.
你送我什么都是一样的
No matter what you gave me, it’d be the same.
让我给你看看吧
Here. Let me show you.
这是一颗绿宝石 很漂亮的
It’s a good emerald. A really good one.
绿宝石是世上 最美丽的东西
Good emeralds are the most beautiful things in the world.
– 你刻了一些字在上面 – 没有啊如果你要我帮你拿去刻
– You’ve had something engraved. – I haven’t, but I will if you like it.
有的查理叔叔 不过有点模糊
Yes, you have, Uncle Charlie. It’s very faint.
B.M赠予T.S
“T.S. From B.M.”
像是人名的缩写啊
But… Why, it must be someone’s initials.
那么我是给珠宝商骗了
Well, I’ve been rooked. The jeweller rooked me.
– 噢没所谓的 – 先还我吧我叫人把字去掉
– Oh, it doesn’t matter. Really. – Give it back. I’ll have it taken off.
不我喜欢
No, No. I like it this way.
其他人可能会 很喜欢这个的
Someone else was probably happy with this ring.
噢真的很美
Oh, it’s perfect the way it is.
你端咖啡吧
You bring the coffee.
在餐桌上唱歌♥ 会嫁一个呆丈夫的
Sing at the table, you’ll marry a crazy husband.
迷信已被证明 是绝对错误的
Superstitions have been proved 100% wrong.
对了我想把一些钱 转来这里
Yes, I’ve been thinking of transferring some money out here from the East.
在我有计划前 先存在你们银行里祖
I could put it in your bank, Joe, until I found out what’s what.
我想你们银行 可以存钱的吧?
Uh, I suppose your bank does take money, huh?
那是我们的一项 赚快钱的业务啊
That’s one thing we do. Rake in the dough.
但不保证可以拿回来
Can’t promise to give it back.
我明天早上 就去开一个户口
Well, I’ll go downtown in the morning and open an account.
– 4万美金应该够了吧? – 那是很大的一笔钱啊
– 30 or 40,000 just to start things off? – That’s a lot of money.
他不会保留很久的 政♥府♥会拿走他的钱
He won’t have it long. The government will get it.
– 政♥府♥只会… – 不要说些反政♥府♥的话啊罗杰
– The government gets – – Don’t talk against the government.
天啊
The way men do things.
我的脑子里总是出现那首曲
I can’t get that tune out of my head.
可能有人告诉过我 但我忘记了
Maybe if somebody tells me what it is, I’ll forget it.
– 是一首华尔兹 – 我知道但是哪一首呢?
– It’s a waltz. – I know it is, but what one?
真的很奇怪
You know, it’s the funniest thing.
我脑子里总是 出现那首曲…
Sometimes I get a tune in my head like that
不久我好像听到有人也在哼
and pretty soon, I hear somebody else humming it too.
我想那首曲一定 在大脑里传来传去
I think tunes jump from head to head.
你知道那是什么吗 查理叔叔?
Do you know whatit is, Uncle Charlie?
不我不知道
Uh, no. No. I-I-I don’t know what it is.
让我想想…
I remember. Uh… It’s on the tip of my tongue.
应该是维克托.贺伯特
It’s a waltz and it’s Victor Herbert.
– 维克托.贺伯特不是华尔兹啊 – 应该是蓝色多瑙河吧
– Victor Herbert wasn’t a waltz. – It’s the Blue Danube Waltz.
噢是啊
Oh, yes. Of course it is.
不不是的查理叔叔 我知道了是快乐…
No, it isn’t, Uncle Charlie. I know what it is. It’s the Merry –
对不起搞得一团糟
– I’m terribly sorry, Emmy. – Nothing to make a fuss about.
查理我们洗碗的时候 你去客厅那里…
Charles, while we do the dishes, why don’t you come in the living room
坐在沙发上看看报纸吧
and stretch out on the sofa and read the evening paper?
你也帮不了什么
You never were much on helping.
– 祖贺博来了 – 安妮罗杰来帮我
– Joe, here’s Herbert. – Ann, Roger, help me here.
贺博是祖的朋友 他们是评论家
Herbert’s a friend of Joe’s. They’re literary critics.
你好啊贺博 吃过晚饭了吗?
Hello, Herb. Had your supper?
– 一小时前就吃了 – 是吗?
– Had mine an hour ago. – Hour ago, huh?
– 噢手表 – 是礼物
– Oh. A watch. – Yeah, a present.
贺博这位是我内弟
Here, Herb. I’d like you to meet my brother-in-law.
– 查理这位是贺博 – 你好贺博
– Charles, this is Herb Hawkins. – Nice to know you, Mr Hawkins.
– 谢谢 – 贺博你母亲还好吗?
– Fine, thank you. – How’s your mother, Herb?
噢还在恢复
– Oh, uh, just middling. – Uh-huh.
不好意思贺博
– Excuse me, Herb. – Oh.
– 噢 – 你妈妈的事我很难过
Thank you. I’m sorry your mother’s not better.
– 谢谢你 – 谢谢
– Thank you, dear. There, now. – Thank you.
过一种清闲的生活吧
Lead a life of luxury.
我要去看查莉在做什么
Well, I must go and see what Charlie ‘ s doing.
我内弟从东部来 纽约人
Wife’s brother from the East. New York man.
对孩子们好啊 明白我的意思吗?
Good for the children. You know what I mean?
在生意上? 他可是一个很出众的人
In business? Well, he takes himself very seriously.
你的事怎么了?
Well, how’s everything?
你看过这本书吗?
Say, ha-have you read this one? Huh?
那个法国人把难题都解决了
That little Frenchman beats them all.
就像福尔摩斯那样
You can talk all you like about Sherlock Holmes.
那个法国人把难题都解决了
That little Frenchman beats ’em all.
我看过了 但注射气泡未必可以致命
I read it. Air bubbles don’t necessarily kill a person.
那些作家想像力太丰富了
Those writers from the other side get too fancy.
– 谋杀的最好方法就是… – 我知道我知道
– The best way to commit a murder- – I know, I know.
用硬器打击头的后部
Hit ’em on the head with a blunt instrument.
对极了不是吗?听着
Well, it’s true, isn’t it? Listen.
如果我想明天谋杀你
If I wanted to murder you tomorrow,
我还会浪费时间 去给你做皮下注射吗?
do you think I’d waste my time on fancy hypodermics?
– 或者是伊尼? – 那是什么?
– Or on Inee? – What’s that?
伊尼是一种 印度毒箭上的毒药 哦
– Inee. Indian arrow poison. – Oh.
如果我发现你一个人走着
Listen, I’d find out if you were alone, walk in,
我就用铁管给你的头几下
hit you on the head with a piece of lead pipe or a loaded cane –
那有什么意思?
What’d be the fun of that?
你的计划呢? 你的线索呢?
Where’s your planning? Where’s your clues?
我不想有什么线索 我只想谋杀你
I don’t want any clues. I want to murder you.
我要线索来做什么?
What do I want with clues?
如果没有线索那怎么成书?
Well, if you haven’t got any clues, where’s your book?
我不是在说写书 我说的是要谋杀你!
I’m not talkin’ ’bout writing books. I’m talking about killing you!
如果我要谋杀你的话 我才不会用那些笨重的工具
If I was going to kill you, I wouldn’t do a dumb thing like hitting you on the head.
首先 我不想被人找到指纹
First of all, I don’t like the fingerprint angle.
我会戴手套 将你的手按在那铁管上…
Of course, I could always wear gloves, press your hands against the pipe
造成是你自杀的情形,噢!
after you were dead and make you look like a suicide.
但那是很难让人相信你是自杀的 所以我要谋杀你而不被看出是谋杀
But you wouldn’t beat yourself to death. I’d do it so it didn’t look like murder.
– 安妮?
Oh, Ann?
– 什么? – 来这里
– What? – Come here.
你见过怎样用报纸 做一间房♥子吗?
Did you ever see a house made out of newspapers?
看好了
Well, watch.
先拿一张报纸出来
You-You take one sheet here.
然后在这里撕开
OK? And you tear it down here.
那里也撕开
And you tear it there.
然后从两边折起来
You fold it over here at the side.
叠在一起
Fold over the other side here.
这样竖起来
And turn it up there.
然后门口…
Now with… the door…
就是这里了
Right off… and there.
我已经不是小孩了 而且这是爸爸的报纸
I’m not a baby any more. Besides, that’s Papa’s paper.
罗杰看看这是什么 一间可爱的小棚子
Oh, Roger, look what we ‘ ve got. A nice, little red barn.
– 那是爸爸的报纸啊 – 没什么的
– You’ve got Papa’s paper. – Oh, that’s alright.
再摊开就没事了 – 没人会看出来的
Simply unfold it. Nobody will ever know the difference.
– 你们在做什么?
What are you two doing?