Eat your cake, Jane.
辛西娅 这不是合适的时机
You don’t half-choose your moments, Cynthia.
什么才算是合适的时机?
Well, when’s the right moment, Maurice? You tell me that.
波尔 外套拿来 咱走 – 别走
Paul, get my coat. We’re going. – Oh, don’t go.
你怎么不告诉我 – 我以为你知道
Why didn’t you tell me, Maurice? – I thought you knew.
你以前什么都告诉我!-对不起
You used to tell me everything! – I’m sorry.
妈的,真让我失望! – 别这样说
Well, you’ve fuckin’ well let me down! – Oh, don’t say that.
还有你 谢谢你的礼物!
As for you, well, thanks for the present!
生日被你搞砸了 开心了吧!
You’ve ruined my party, and I hope you’re happy!
罗克珊!
Roxy… Roxanne?
她不是故意的 她只是太激动
She don’t mean it, darlin’.She’s just little bit upset.
你去哪? – 不知道
Where are you goin’? – I don’t know.
这真叫人惊讶吧?
It’s all been a bit of a shock, innit?
你不懂 你认识她吗?
Look, I don’t get it. Did you know about her?
我还以为是个男孩 – 她真混♥蛋♥
I always thought she’d had a boy.- She’s a slag.
她不是 – 妈的她是!
Yes, she fuckin’ is!No, she’s not.
她疼爱你 我们都疼你
She loves ya. We all love ya.
回来吧? – 不
You coming back? – No.
你得回去 – 为什么?
You got to. – Why should I?
总得面对 – 面对什么?
You gotta face up to it. – Face up to what?
她把礼物也忘了
She’s left her card.
我们寄给她吧 – 我帮她拿
Oh, well, I’ll post it on to her. – I’ll take it.
她这样子 恐怕不想见你
The state she’s in, you’ll be lucky if you ever see her again.
这是你希望的吧
Oh, you’d like that, wouldn’t you, sweetheart?
是吗?
Would I?
你18年来就等这一刻吧?
You’ve been workin’ at it for 18 years, ain’t you, Monica?
你让我父亲讨厌我
You turned my father against me.
你让莫里斯讨厌我
You turned my Maurice against me,
接着你让我女儿讨厌我
and you turned me daughter against me.
下一个矛头就指向她吧?
You’ll be havin’ a go at her next, I expect.
荷藤斯 不好意思 简 吃完了吗?
I’m sorry about this, Hortense. You finished now, Jane?
坐下吧 – 你真健忘
Why don’t you sit down? – You got a short memory, ain’t ya?
你说什么? – 要不是我把钱给了莫里斯
What are you talkin’ about now? You wouldn’t have none of this
你哪里会这么风光?
if I hadn’t given Maurice the money to start with!
钱也不是你的 那是你老爸的保险金
That money wasn’t yours to give!That was your father’s insurance money!
钱是留给我和罗克珊的 – 还有莫里斯
That money was for me and Roxanne. – And Maurice!
他原不想要 是你叫他要的
He didn’t want none of it till he come home and talked to you!
他这样也合情合理 – 我早上5点去扫地
He was entitled to it!I was going out cleaning at 5:00 in the morning,
接着回家送她上学
coming home, taking her to school!
还有一天的工作 – 我们不知道吗?
And then going out again to do a full day’s work!And didn’t we know it!
你就想要钱 只知道怎么花那笔钱
You’ve done nothing but spend his money since the day you clapped eyes on him!
有钱难道不花吗?
Well, what are you supposed to do with money but spend it?
至少我们过得充实
At least we’ve made something of ourselves!
是吗?那你怎么不生个孩子!
Oh, haven’t you just…You want to try bringing up a kid on your own!
她也没办法 没有人疼她
She can’t help it. She’s never had enough love.
你们总是相处不好 – 这不是我的错
And you’ve never got on.- That ain’t my fault.
我知道
I know, I know.
但她需要你
But she needs ya.
来吧 – 我不要
Come on. – I don’t want to.
波尔 你认为呢?
What do you think, Paul?
亲爱的 他说得对
I think he’s right, darling.
是吗? – 是的
Do you? – Yeah.
我不会跟她说话 – 不用跟她说话
Well, I ain’t sayin’ nothin’. – You won’t have to.
你听就好了
You just have to listen. Come on.
对不起 罗克珊
I’m sorry, Roxanne.
亲爱的 情使于然
It just came out, darlin’.
我不是存心搞砸你的生日
I didn’t mean to spoil your party.
莫里斯 阻止她! – 辛西娅 放开她 说出真♥相♥吧
Tell her, Maurice! – Now, leave her alone, Cynth.Just tell her the truth.
亲爱的
Darlin’…
我15岁就怀孕了
I got pregnant when I was 15.
你爷爷把我送去疗养院
And your granddad sent me away to this place,
莫里斯 不是吗?
Didn’t he, Maurice?
我也不知道她会来找我
I didn’t know she was gonna come lookin’ for me, did I?
亲爱的 我向你坦白
But I gotta tell you the truth, darlin’,
我很高兴她来找我
I’m glad she did.
这也不是她的错
It ain’t her fault, sweetheart!
她今天甚至不想来 不想伤害你 我也不想
She didn’t even wanna come!She didn’t wanna hurt you, no more than I did!
甜心 告诉她吧 – 是真的
Oh, you tell her, sweetheart. – It’s true.
她不想你心烦意乱
She didn’t wanna upset you.
对不起
I’m sorry.
你没事吧?
All right?
她说你再也不回来了
She said you weren’t never gonna come back.
谁? – 我没这样说
Who did? – I never said any such thing.
她又在添油加醋 – 蒙妮卡 你有
She’s twisted everything as usual.Yes, you did, Monica.
但你说错了 她不是回来了吗?
Well, you was wrong, wasn’t ya?’Cause she has come back, ain’t you, sweetheart?
罗克珊 我以为你早知道了
I always thought you should’ve known, Roxanne.
辛西娅 你早该告诉她 – 她是应该知道
You should’ve told her, Cynth.Of course I should’ve told her, Maurice.
但我以为不必说出来
But I didn’t think there was ever gonna be no need to.
你们不是什么都告诉她了?
You seem to have told all and sundry.
关我什么事 他为什么要说?
Meaning me, I suppose.And why shouldn’t he?
我只是他老婆 – 那你怎么不像个老婆呢?
I am his wife, after all!Then why don’t you behave like his wife?
什么? – 怎么不给他生孩子?
What? – Why ain’t you give him no kids?
辛西娅 别说了 – 这是我和莫里斯之间的事
Be quiet, Cynthia. – That’s between Maurice and me.
蒙妮卡 你太自私了!你不要孩子 他要
You’re so selfish, Monica. You might not’ve wanted them,but he did.
妈 闭嘴!
Shut up, Mum!
你不知道自己在说什么
You don’t know what you’re talkin’ about.
是吗? – 有些事情你不知道
Don’t I? – There’s things you know nothing about.
莫里斯 – 例如呢?
Maurice.Like what?
告诉她
Tell her.
告诉我什么?
Tell me what?
怎么不告诉她?
Why can’t you tell her?
她不育 就这么简单
She can’t have kids. Simple as that.
她生理上不能怀孕
She’s physically incapable of having children.
已经接受过所有的医学治疗
We’ve had every test known to medical science.
四处求医 检查 打♥针♥ 做手术
She’s been pushed around, prodded, poked, had operations.
我们努力了15年 还是不能怀孕
We’ve had 15 years of it, and she can’t have a baby.
我是很爱你
I love you to bits…
但这几乎让我们离异
But it’s almost destroyed our relationship.
这你也知道
You know it has.
好了
There…
说出来了
I’ve said it.
有什么惊天动地?
So where’s the bolt of lightning?
秘密与谎言
Secrets and lies.
我们都苦痛着
We’re all in pain. Why can’t we share our pain?
为什么不能让别人分担?
I’ve spent my entire life trying to make people happy!
我这一辈子只求让别人快乐
And the three people I love the most
但世上我最疼爱的三个人互相痛恨
in the world hate each other’s guts!
我被夹在中间 再也受不了了!
I’m in the middle, I can’t take it any more!
荷藤斯 对不起 你很勇敢
I’m sorry, Hortense. You are a very brave person.
也很愚蠢 – 你没有
A very stupid person. – No, you’re not.
要真♥相♥大白就要有心理准备
You wanted to find the truth and you were prepared to suffer the consequences.
我尊敬你这点
And I admire you for that.
我说真的
辛西娅 你很幸运
You are so lucky, Cynthia.
你真的在工厂上班吗?
So you’d really been working in the factory?
不是
No.
你是干什么的? – 我是个验光师
What do you do, then? – I’m an optometrist.

Em
欢迎加入这家庭
Welcome to the family.
莫里斯 我希望有你这样的父亲
Maurice… I wish I’d had a dad like you.
可亲可敬
You’re lovely.
你父亲叫宾厄姆
His name’s Bingham.Your father.
美国来的
He’s from America.
放假时我们相认识
I met him on holiday. Benidorm.
他是医科学生
He’s a medical student.
突然有一天 他不辞而别
And one morning I come down, and he wasn’t there no more.
他人还不错
But he was a nice man.
曾经如此
He was.
我父亲人也不错吗?
Was my father a nice man?
亲爱的 别刺痛我了
Oh, don’t break my heart, darlin’.
我没事
I’m all right.