Nobody could reconcile that our team
几乎是白手起家的 而我们正在赢得比赛
had come from almost nowhere and we’re winning races
并发起对锦标赛的挑战
and mounting a championship challenge.
迈克尔·舒马赫在赛道上驾驶着赛车
Michael Schumacher sliding that car around the circuit.
这是你们的领跑者 迈克尔·舒马赫
This is your race leader, Michael Schumacher.
在胜负未定的日子里 他会发挥作用
He’ll make the difference on those days when a winner’s in the balance.
那艾尔顿·塞纳在哪儿呢 这是个问题
Where is Ayrton Senna? That’s the question.
塞纳旋转了 塞纳出局了
Oh! And Senna spun. Senna is out of the race.
他来了
There he comes.
这回不会有错 格子旗亮出来了
This can’t go wrong. The checkered flag is out.
迈克尔·舒马赫赢得了太平洋大奖赛
Michael Schumacher wins the Pacific Grand Prix.
天啊
And oh boy,
今年的一级方程式 会是一个怎样的赛季啊
what a season are we gonna have in Formula One thisxa0year.
我们现在是锦标赛挑战者
We were now championship challengers,
我们还不习惯这样 我们不知道该怎么处理
and we weren’t used to it. We didn’t know how to deal with it.
当你打败法拉利和迈凯轮的时候
And when you’re beating Ferrari, and you’re beating McLaren,
你打败了威廉姆斯… 这些都是已经成型的团队
and you’re beating Williams… These are established teams.
这边则是个短袖制♥造♥商
And here was this, uh, you know, T-shirt manufacturer
带着这个德国孩子参与进来 然后突然打败了所有人
coming in with this kid from Germany and suddenly beating everyone.
他在日本赢得了比赛
So, he won the race in Japan.
我们当时在机场等
We were waiting in the airport.
迈克尔非常自信 他有足够的速度击败艾尔顿
And Michael was very confident he was quick enough to beat Ayrton,
也许还能赢得锦标赛
and maybe to win the Championship.
当你和迈克尔说话时 就像某人在…
When talking with Michael, it’s like somebody with…
就好像他这辈子都在干这个
Like he’s done this job all life, you know.
这是正常的 塞纳…
This was normal. And Senna–
五年前或四年前
You know, five years before or four years before,
他卧室里有一张塞纳的海报
he had a poster of Senna in the bedroom.
(意大利 伊莫拉 1994年5月1日)
进入伊莫拉后 迈克尔速度很快
Going into Imola, Michael was very, very fast,
看起来态度很强硬
looking very strong.
塞纳知道他必须赢得伊莫拉赛事
And Senna knew that he had to win Imola.
他必须开始缩小与迈克尔的差距
He had to start to close the gap against Michael.
他必须强迫自己赶上迈克尔
He hadxa0to impose himself on Michael,
否则迈克尔将在锦标赛上 从他身边飞驰而过
because otherwise, Michael was gonna get away from him in the Championship.
塞纳紧随其后的是舒马赫
Senna followed by Schumacher.
舒马赫是艾尔顿·塞纳的主要对手
Schumacher is the chief rival to Ayrton Senna.
塞纳穿过去了 舒马赫紧随其后
Senna goes through. Followed by Schumacher.
进入了塔布里罗弯
And into Tamburello.
到底发生了什么 我不知道
What on earth happened, Ixa0don’t know!
塞纳还在车里
Senna is still in the car.
比赛已经停止了 红旗亮了出来
The race has been stopped. Red flag out.
我要说 在塔布里罗弯的出口
Well, I say, that’s about 190 miles an hour at that point,
时速大概到了每小时305千米
the exit from the Tamburello.
大家都沉默了
Everybody was silent.
当时的气氛非常奇怪
It was a very strange atmosphere, you know.
迈克尔·舒马赫停了车后走下来
Michael Schumacher has, uh,xa0stopped and got out of his car.
摘下头盔 面无表情
Helmet off, uh, grim-faced.
事实上 当他撞车的时候
Fact is that what he was doing when he crashed,
当他冲出赛道的时候
when he went off the circuit,
他在努力保持在舒马赫的前面
he was trying to stay ahead of… of Schumacher.
我们已经见过太多这样的撞车 更糟糕的撞车也时有发生
We’ve seen many crashes like this, even crashes that were worse.
很多看起来比他的撞车还严重
Crashes that, they seem to be worse than-than his crash, and…
你想不到会发生这样的事
and you don’t expect anything like this.
你只是想:“是的 也许他胳膊上有淤青
You just think, “Yeah, maybe he has a bruise on the arm
也许他的腿断了”
or maybe he has a broken leg.”
然后你回去 他们摆起了隔离网 你不知道发生了什么
Then you go back. They put up the grid. You don’t know what’s going on.
没人来跟你解释情况
Nobody comes to you and explains the situation.
我们就是 你心想:“是的 比赛必须要继续”
And we just, you just think that “Yeah. The race has to go on.”
“每个人都要比赛 所以你也要比赛”
“Everybody’s going to race, so you’re going to race.”
你不明白为什么你不该参加比赛
You don’t see why you shouldn’t race.
当时没人知道塞纳是否死了
Nobody knew at that pointxa0if Senna was dead.
如果他在赛道上被宣布死亡 他们将必须停止比赛
Had he been declared dead at the circuit, they’d have had to stop the race.
迈克尔·舒马赫赢得了 1994年圣马力诺大奖赛冠军
The 1994 San Marino Grand Prix has been won by Michael Schumacher.
在我走上领奖台之前
Before I went to the podium,
我对迈克尔说:“没有香槟 什么都没有”
I said to Michael, “No champagne, nothing.”
他问我:“艾尔顿怎么样 ” 我对他说:“状态不太好”
He asked me, “How is Ayrton?” I told him, “Not in good shape.”
那是我第一次看到迈克尔变了一个人
That was the first time I saw Michael as a different guy.
我们走上领奖台
We went up to the podium.
他告诉我们:“是的 他在昏迷中”
He told us, “Yeah, he, uh, he’s in a coma.”
但昏迷有很多原因
But a coma can be many things.
可能是一些第二天就会好的情况
It can just be something that is going to be okay the next day
也可能是非常糟糕的情况 你无法判断
or very bad. But you don’t judge it.
因为你仍不相信 有什么特殊的事
And because you still don’t believe that there is something
或非常危险、非常沉重的事 你完全不能相信
particular or very dangerous or very heavy, you don’t believe it.
我仍然…
And I… I still–
我记得是在比赛后两个小时
I… I think it was two hours after the race
瓦尔金肖先生走到我面前说 “情况看起来很糟糕”
when Mr. Walkinshaw came up to me and said, “It’s looking very bad.”
我心想:“不要 他是在昏迷 但昏迷并不意味着糟糕的结果”
And I thought, “No! He’s in a coma, but coma doesn’t mean anything bad.”
他说:“不是 看起来真的不太好”
He said, “No, it looks not too good.”
后来有人过来跟我说:“他死了”
And then somebody came to me later and said, “He’s dead.”
一分钟后 又有人过来跟我说
And one minute later, uh, the next one came to me and said,
“没有 他还在昏迷中”
“No, he’s in a coma.”
但当时的信息太少了
But there was so little information at this time
你不知道自己应该怎么想
that you didn’t know what you… what you should think about this.
我还是不相信他会死
And I still… I still didn’t believe that he’s gonna be dead.
那时我就是不能那样想
I… I just couldn’t… couldn’t think of thatxa0at that point.
我就是想:“是的 不是 他会成为冠军”
I just thought, “Yeah, no, he’s going to be the champion.”
“他可能会错过一两场比赛 然后他会回来的”
“He maybe misses one or two races, and then he’s coming back again.”
但最糟糕的是在这之后的两周
But the worst… the worst was really the two weeks after this.
我是说 那时我必须接受事实 他已经死了
I mean, once I really had to accept that it is, that he is dead.
我是说 这简直…
I mean, this… this was…
简直太疯狂了
just something crazy.
随着塞纳的去世 迈克尔·舒马赫现在是
With Senna gone, Michael Schumacher was now
这项运动的第一名
the number one figure in the sport.
虽然他还没有赢得过世界锦标赛
Although he hadn’t yet won a World Championship.
再次开赛车很容易吗
Was it is easy to… to drive again?
我是说 在银石 我去到那里…
I mean, in Silverstone, I went there…
你会突然用不同的眼光 来看待许多事物
and you suddenly saw many things with different eyes.
我在银石赛道上开着一辆公路车
I went around with a road car in Silverstone through the circuit,
我当时就想 “这是一个你可能会死的地方”
and I just thought, “This is a point you could be dead.” “This is a point you could be dead.”
我心想:“太疯狂了 你总是在这里测试
I thought, “Crazy, you always tested here, you always raced here.”
你总是在这里比赛 但有那么多地方你可能会撞车
“But there are many points you can crash and you can be immediately dead.”
你可能会立马死亡” 这是我唯一在想的事
That’s the only thing I was thinking of.
我不知道如果我要开一辆赛车
And I didn’t know what’s gonna be the situation
那会是什么情况
if I’m going to be in a race car.
我不确定 我能不这么想就开车吗
I wasn’t sure. Can I drive without thinking that,
或者我现在就驾驶 然后一直想 “你可能会死在这里”
or I am going to drive now, always thinking, “You can be dead here.”
“如果你开出这里 情况会非常糟糕 然后…”
“If you go off here, it’s going to be bad and–”
那是非常奇怪的事
That was… something very strange.
我会在夜里醒来
I wake up during the night,
然后我
and I, like,
每晚只能睡三个小时之类的
sleep maybe three hours a night and stuff like this.
当然 我们完全震惊了
We were totally shocked.
我们问自己这怎么可能发生
We asked ourselves how it could have happened.
迈克尔真的问自己 每个人的行为是否正确
And Michael really asked himself if everyone was acting correctly.
情况真的很艰难
It was really, really reallyxa0difficult.
这真的让他非常纠结
It was a real struggle for him,
但他是两耳不闻窗外事的大♥师♥
but he was a master at blocking things out.
他能如此专心地 专注于他正在做的任何事情
He was able to focus so intently on whatever he was doing
以至于忘记其他一切事
that he blocked out everything else.
所以我认为他的精神非常强大 这是他独有的品质
So I think that mentally he’s very strong. It’s something he just has.
极其强大 他每天都在向我展示 他到底有多强大
Extremely strong. He still shows me every day just how strong he actually is.
戴蒙·希尔现在领导着威廉姆斯队
Damon Hill was now leading the Williams team.
他在和迈克尔抗衡
And he gave Michael a fight.
戴蒙·希尔赢得了英国大奖赛
Damon Hill wins the British Grand Prix.
太棒了
Magnificent!
戴蒙·希尔赢得了意大利大奖赛
Damon Hill wins the Italian Grand Prix.
他去年在这里赢了 这是帽子戏法的终结…
He won here last year. It was the end of a hat trick…
这是一个复杂、动荡
It was a complex, turbulent,
人类脚步匆忙的赛季
human whirlwind of a season.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!