我只是在胡言乱语
l suppose l’m just talking nonsense.
我想也是
l suppose so.
你可以再唱一次那首歌♥吗 唱慢一点
Suppose you sing that song again. Slowly.
我以为你们俩私奔了 我不介意但可别用我的车
Hi! l thought you two had eloped. l wouldn’t mind, but not in my car.
-你好 大卫 -你玩得开心吗
-Hello, David. -Did you have a good time?
-还好 -你们去了哪里
-So-so. -Where did you go?
我们去看 七年之痒 然后又去伊朗餐厅
We saw The Seven Year ltch and went on to The Persian Room.
-他跳舞很差劲吧 -还好
-Lousy dancer, isn’t he? -So-so.
我打赌他看戏时睡着了 然后又跟你大谈一些
l bet he slept through the show then bent your ears
道琼指数和营业税的事
about Dow Jones averages and profits taxes.
我们谈了很多
We talked about a lot of things.
你的伤口如何了
How’s your little mishap?
复原的很完美 医生还要我展示给医科学生看
Shaping up beautifully. Dr Calaway wants to show it to his class.
-不好意思 莎宾娜 -很有趣
-l’m sorry, Sabrina. -lt’s very funny.
莱纳斯 当我躺在吊床时 我想到个好主意
Say, Linus, while l was lying in that hammock l got a great idea.
他认为我没有生意头脑 你听听我这个想法如何
He thinks l’m an idiot. How does this strike you?
塑胶香槟杯子 以防万一
Plastic champagne glasses, just in case.
很不错的点子 医生还说了什么
Brilliant. What else did Dr Calaway say?
-星期四可以拆线了 -星期四
-Stitches come out Thursday. -Thursday?
-我复原的很快 -没错
-l’m a fast healer. -You sure are.
如果你们俩有远程的计划
So if you two have long-range plans…
我猜她可能想来看看 股票交易所和工厂
l thought she’d like to see the Stock Exchange and our Jersey plant.
我不太想去
Oh, l don’t think so.
那么我们就去吃顿晚餐看场戏
Then we’ll just have dinner and go to a show.
这个星期四我会接手
But that’s all. Come Thursday, the first team takes over.
你的帽子怎么了
What’s with the homburg?
我想就交给你来接管了
l guess the undertaker had better turn in.
你最好爬上你的吊床休息去了
You’d better crawl back into that hole in your hammock.
-晚安 莎宾娜 -晚安 莱纳斯
-Au revoir, Sabrina. -Good night, Linus.
他这个人虽有点无聊 但还是会不由自主的喜欢他
He’s a little on the dull side, but you can’t help liking him.
-吻我 大卫 -我很乐意
-Kiss me, David. -l’d love to, Sabrina.
再一次
Again.
那样好多了
That’s better.
你不是在担心我俩的事吧 我可不担心
What’s the matter? You’re not worried about us? l’m not.
一定会引起一场大纠纷的 谁在乎
There’ll be a big stink. Who cares?
我可能不会跟莱纳斯出去吃饭
David, l don’t think l’m going to have dinner with Linus.
-我不想再跟他出去了 -为什么
-l don’t want to go out with him. -Why not?
我想留在你身边
l want to be near you.
我知道你的感觉 你一定感觉非常无聊
l know how you feel. lt must be an awful bore.
但如果莱纳斯想带你出去 就接受吧
But if Linus wants to take you out, be nice about it.
这非常重要 只有他支持我们
lt’s important. He’s our only ally.
爸爸一定会取消我的零用钱
Father will try to cut off my allowance
然后把我送去蒙大拿州
and send me to Larrabee Copper in Montana.
你不想去蒙大拿州吧
We don’t want to go to Butte, Montana, do we?
抱紧我 大卫
Hold me close, David.
我们一定会过得很开心的
We’ll have a wonderful time, darling.
我们会乘木筏横越太平洋
We’ll build a raft and drift across the Pacific like Kon-Tiki.
或是爬越最高的山 就只有我俩
Or climb the highest mountain, like Annapurna, just the two of us.
继续说 大卫
Keep talking, David.
我们想用粉红色玫瑰装饰天使 白色的栀子花排成名字
We thought pink roses for the cherubs and white gardenias for the names.
将需要二千朵栀子花 让它们浮在游泳池上
lt’ll take 2,000 gardenias. We’ll float it in our pool.
-室内还是室外 -室外
-lndoor or outdoor? -Outdoor.
我们吸干室内游泳池的水 来放礼物
We drained the indoor to make room for presents.
投资金额跟控股权比例
Where’s the provision determining
写在哪里
the ratio of investment to controlling interest?
在62页第六段B单元
Page 62, paragraph six, subdivision B.
-爸爸 宾客名单在哪 -在这儿
-Father, where’s the list? -Here you are, darling.
你想看看宾客名单吗
Would you like to see the invitation list?
伊利诺州占了740
..7 40 under trust of lllinois, 550…
这就是合并的内容
The way this merger’s worked out,
我拥有头衔而你拥有管理权
l have all the titles and you have all the controls.
我一直很重视公♥司♥的管理权
l always make it a point to have controls.
你真幸运 这两个年轻人彼此相爱
lt’s your good luck the kids are fond of each other.
我一直很重视寻找真爱
l make it a point to be lucky, too.
走了 爸爸 莱纳斯 别忘了栀子花
Come along, Father. Linus, you won’t forget the gardenias?
汤尼有个很不错的点子
Tony has a sweet idea.
他会驾驶飞机飞过教堂 然后投下米
He’ll fly over the chapel and throw rice from his plane.
有大卫这种新郞 他最好是用野米
With David the bridegroom, maybe he’d better use wild rice.
我只能说大卫最好出席婚礼
All l can say is David better show up at this wedding.
我脑海中浮现可怕的影像 伊莉莎白独自站在圣坛前
l have a horrible vision of Elizabeth waiting at the altar,
而游泳池里的栀子花 排成 大灾难
and 2,000 gardenias floating in the pool spelling “disaster”.
备忘录 首先通知赖瑞毕海运
Memo to Miss McCardle. First, call Brunson in Larrabee Shipping.
我们需要二千朵栀子花
We need 2,000 gardenias.
要他们全面收♥购♥
Tell him to start cornering the market.
那个谁不会有问题吧
We’re not having trouble with…
我永远都记不得 那个车房♥女孩的名字
l can’t remember that garage girl’s name.
莎宾娜
Sabrina.
司机有什么权利 帮他女儿取这种名字
What right has a chauffeur got to call her that?
你有什么好建议艾瑟儿吗
What would you suggest? Ethel?
你连续三晚都带她出去 情况顺利吗
You’ve taken her out three nights in a row. ls that situation in hand?
没问题吧 我想将她送出国
l think so. lt’s resolving itself into a straight export deal.
我要两张自♥由♥号♥的船票
l want two accommodations on the Libert.
一张给莎宾娜费契 另一张给我
One in the name of Sabrina Fairchild. One in my name.
什么你跟她要乘船私奔
What? You and that girl going off on a boat together?
我是不是生了两个笨儿子
Have l spawned two idiot sons?
谁说我要离开是她要离开 只有她会以为是这样
Who said l was going? She is going. She’ll think l am, but l’m not.
-这样明白了吗 -不明白
-ls that clear? -lt is not!
我会告诉她我会在船上等她
l’ll tell Sabrina that l’ll meet her on the boat.
当船开走后 她才发现我不在船上
When the boat is ten miles out, she’ll find out l’m not on the boat.
我的舱房♥里没人 只有一张道歉的纸条
My cabin will be empty. Just a note of apology
还有一些礼物来安抚她
and a few presents to soften the blow.
-太聪明了 -我就知道你会喜欢
-Excellent. -Yes, l thought you’d like it.
麦卡多小姐 我要花送进费契小姐的舱房♥里
Miss McCardle, l want flowers in Miss Fairchild’s cabin.
还有糖果和水果篮之类的东西
Candy, fruit and the usual what-have-yous.
帮她在巴黎安排车跟公♥寓♥
Cable Michot to get her a car in Paris. Also an apartment.
还有巴黎银行的信用状
A letter of credit on our Paris bank.
-她可以提领五万元 -别太冲动
-She can draw up to 50,000. -Easy, now.
将赖瑞毕普通股票一千股 送给汤玛斯费契
Transfer to Thomas Fairchild 1 ,000 shares, Larrabee Common.
一千股
1 ,000 shares?
一千五百股赖瑞毕特别股票
Make it 1 ,500 shares, Larrabee Preferred.
一定有不这么浪费的方法
There must be a less extravagant way
可以一次甩掉司机的女儿
of getting a chauffeur’s daughter out of one’s hair.
换做你会怎么做 你甚至无法取出一颗橄榄
How would you do it? You can’t even get a little olive out of a jar.
吃下去
Eat it.
上楼吗
Going up?
不 谢谢你
No, thank you.
-什么事 -费契小姐找你
-Yes? -Miss Fairchild for you.
-请她进来 -她打电♥话♥给你
-Send her in. -She’s on the phone. lt’s on five.
莎宾娜发生了什么事 已经8点20分了
Sabrina? What happened to you? lt’s twenty past eight.
莱纳斯 我知道我已经迟了
Good evening, Linus. l know l’m late.
我应该早点打给你的
l guess l should have called you earlier.
我今晚无法见你了
l can’t see you tonight.
我无法来了 我有要事走不开
l’m sorry. l just can’t make it. l tried but l’m all tied up.
我不在长岛 我人在纽约
No, l’m not in Long lsland. l’m in New York.
在一幢大厦的电♥话♥亭里
Downtown in a phone booth. ln a building.
哪幢大厦又有什么关系
What difference does it make what building?
我今晚无法见你
l can’t see you tonight.
好吧 我在你们公♥司♥楼下 但我不上去
All right, it’s the Larrabee Building, but l’m not coming up.
莎宾娜 有话慢慢说
Look, Sabrina, suppose you tell me
究竟发生了什么事
exactly what’s on your mind, slowly and clearly?
你慢慢说给我听
You talk and l’ll listen.
大卫要你帮他 所以叫我跟你出去
lt was really David’s idea l go out with you. He wants you to help him.
但我实在不该再见你
But it’s not helping me. l shouldn’t have been seeing you.
我也不该跟你通电♥话♥
l shouldn’t be talking to you on the phone.
我只是打来跟你说再见的
ln fact, l’m really only calling to say goodbye.
明天你要去巴黎了
Tomorrow, you’ll be on the boat to Paris.
我很替你高兴
ln a way, l’m glad you’re going.
你知道我在说什么吗
You do know what l mean, don’t you?
莱纳斯你还在吗
Linus? Hello, Linus?
你在哪里
Where are you?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!