Yeah. I just wanted to say it’s been a pleasure working with you.
谢谢
Thanks.
你之前说过你是史上最忠实的圣母大学橄榄球迷
You said before you were the greatest notre dame football fan in history.
但我却认为我才是 所以我想我们有些共同点
I thought I was, so I guess that means we got something in common.
事实上 明年秋天我就会为圣母大学效力了
In fact, I’m gonna be playing football for the irish next fall.
我已经和帕斯基恩教练谈过此事了
I’ve talked to coach parseghian about it.
我在圣十字学院待了一学期 或许至多两学期
You see, I’m at holy cross for a semester, maybe two at the most.
卡维纳神父说如果我能得到学分
Father cavanaugh says if I make the grades…
我就有很大的机会进入圣母大学
…i’ll have a real good shot at getting in.
我有生以来第一次有这么好的成绩
And for the first time in my life, my grades have been really good.
你不是圣母大学的学生?
You’re not a notre dame student?
不是正式的
Not officially.
-但下学期就是了 -你不能成为后勤的一员
-but I will be next semester. -you can’t be a part of the boosters.
-抱歉 -玛丽 等一下
-i’m sorry. -mary, wait a minute.
你能忘掉我刚才所说的吗?
Will you please forget I said that?
-你知道我是个多么忠实的球迷 -这是规定
-you know what a tremendous fan I am. -it’s the rules.
我知道 但是…
I know, but–
该死
Damn!
我想买♥♥张票
I need one ticket.
不可能了
No way.
-先生 我出10元买♥♥张票 -10元? 你还差90元呢
-mister, I got 1 0 bucks for a ticket. -ten bucks? you’re 90 short.
-小孩 我能买♥♥你的票吗? -可以 20元
-kid, can I buy that ticket from you? -yeah, for 20 bucks.
-拜托 我能进去吗? 我有10元 -我不能这么做 我会丢饭碗的
-please, can I get in? I got $1 0. -i couldn’t do it. I’d lose my job.
真的吗?
Really.
我也想帮你 伙计
I’d like to, buddy.
递球给艾瑞克.帕尼克 圣母大学达阵
–hands off to eric penick for the notre dame touchdown.
你有多余的票吗? 请问?
Do you have an extra ticket? please?
-一张票 我只需要一个位置 -抱歉 没有
-one ticket. I just need one seat. -i’m sorry, no.
圣母大学 7分 西北大学 0分
Irish, 7, northwestern, nothing.
福特恩 你昨天看到艾瑞克.帕尼克接开球后的回攻吗?
Fortune, did you see eric penick’s kickoff return yesterday?
我在电视上看的
I saw it on tv.
他在这个位置摆脱防守
He broke free right about here.
40码 35码 30码
The 40. the 35. the 30!
25码 20码 15码
The 25! the 20! the 1 5!
10码 5码 圣母大学达阵
The 1 0! the 5! touchdown irish!
嘿嘿嘿 我们有活要干呢
Hey, hey, hey, we got work to do.
进攻开始 准备 开球
Down, set, hut!
-你在这里面看过比赛吗? -没有
-you ever see a game from in here? -nope.
那等我入队上场了你一定要来看第一场比赛
Well, then your first game will be one I’m playing in.
随便你说什么 孩子 你是要在边上看还是来帮我?
Whatever you say, kid. you gonna watch me or help me?
谢谢毯子和钥匙
Thanks for the blanket and the key.
我对此一无所知
I don’t know nothing about it.
那是谁把钥匙放在床上的?
Then who put the key on the cot?
你听见我刚才说的话了吗?
You hear what I just said?
是的
Yeah.
全是B
All b’s.
有一个A
And an a.
我知道我的成绩下降了 神父 但是
I know my grades have gone down, father, but…
我参加了很多课外活动
…i have a lot of extracurricular activities.
你干得不错 孩子
You did a good job, kid.
录取官 你永远说不清楚 他们是一群捉摸不透的人
Admissions people, you never can tell. they’re a funny bunch of squirrels.
我还能做些什么吗?
Have I done all I can?
抱歉
Excuse me.
请帮我查一下620信箱
Hi, I need box 620, please.
谢谢
Thank you.
亲爱的鲁帝格先生 你递交给圣母大学的
Dear mr. ruettiger, your application for admission…
入学申请已经被审核…
…to the university of notre dame has been evaluated by….”
-圣诞快乐 -圣诞快乐
-merry christmas. -merry christmas to you.
汤米 那玩意儿是从哪搞来的? 瞧你都汗湿衣服了
Tommy, where did you get that? oh, you’re all sticky.
没关系 只是东西扔得到处都是
It’s okay, but it’s just gonna get everything all over the place.
鲁迪
Rudy!
你这么长时间到哪儿去了?
Where have you been for so long?
我去圣十字学院读书了 就在南本德
I’ve been going to college at holy cross. it’s in south bend.
既然你去的是圣十字 为什么穿着圣母大学的夹克?
If you’re going to holy cross, why do you have a notre dame jacket?
-我明年会去那儿读书 -我以后也会去的
-i’ll go there next year. -then that’s where I’ll go too!
你想吃点什么吗?
Do you want something to eat?
一个A三个B
An a and three b’s.
对你来说不错了
Good for you.
这学期我没能进入圣母大学球队 我看了几场主场比赛
I didn’t make it into notre dame this semester. I saw a few home games.
我很想念你 你一直很喜欢的 你可以过来看场比赛
I thought about you. you’d have loved it. you gotta come over for a game.
太激动人心了 你从未见过…
It’s so exciting. you’ve never seen anything–
我在家里的电视上看比赛 对我来说不错
I watch the games here on my television. that’s fine for me.
我知道 但这并不相同
I know, but it’s not the same thing.
万一我出现在球场上呢?
What if I were in the game?
天哪 我们还要继续听这些废话?
Jesus, we still have to listen to this crap?
你在大学读了一学期并没有变聪明
That semester at college didn’t make you smarter.
我很高兴你取得了好成绩
I’m glad you made good grades.
好了 约翰 快告诉我
Come on, johnny. please tell me.
如果说出来就不是惊喜了
It wouldn’t be a surprise if I tell.
你不必完全说出来
You can do better than that.
好吧 再给你一个提示
Okay, one more hint.
嘿 约翰 你不该祝你兄弟圣诞快乐吗?
Hey, johnny-boy, aren’t you gonna wish your brother a merry christmas?
近来过得如何 鲁迪?
How you doing, rudy?
还不错
Fine.
我只是想告诉你 你去读大学
I just want to tell you that you going to college and all…
是件很棒的事
…i think that’s great.
谢谢 约翰
Thanks, johnny.
我要去厨房♥了
I’ll be in the kitchen.
我要走了
I gotta go.
你为什么不再待一会儿?
Why don’t you stay for a while?
我得去工作
I have to go to work.
鲁迪 我很抱歉
Rudy, I’m sorry.
我只想告诉你我希望你能成功 我真是这么想的
I just want to tell you that I hope you make it. I do.
你好
Hi.
你好
Hi.
12点了 要关门了
Tweive o’ciock. closing time.
-谢谢 麦肯锡夫人 -不客气
-thanks, mrs. mackenzie. -you’re welcome.
谢谢
Thanks.
假期 我尽听你说这来着 我要去度假了
Vacation, that’s all I hear from you. ‘i’m gonna go on vacation.”
这场比赛之后你会付我工钱的 对吗?
After this game you’re gonna pay my money, right?
这个月底如何?
What about the end of the month?
太失败了
Total failure.
我所做的一切
Everything I did.
工作 学习 在地牢里每晚四小时的睡眠
Work, the studying, four hours a night’s sleep in a dungeon.
我又失去了一年参赛的资格
I’ve brown another year of eligibility.
这一年简直就是浪费
This entire year’s been a waste.
浪费吗?
A waste, huh?
你脑袋里只想着要进入那个什么橄榄球队
You got your head so far up your ass about that damn football team…
你并没有意识到你已接受了一年高质量的教育
…you don’t get that you just got one year of top-quality education.
浪费
Waste.”
别在这儿浪费我的时间
Don’t be wasting my time.
你难道没有工作要做吗?
Ain’t you got some work to do?
下周讲前三章 可以开始预习了
First three chapters for next week. start thinking about those.
谢谢
Thank you.
混♥蛋♥
Damn it!
你得负责我们的烹饪和洗衣工作
We gotta do our own cooking and laundry.
我两者都不擅长
I’m not very good at that either.
你想请我做吗?
You gonna invite me?
你当然是首选
You’ll be the first one.
-首选? 要把我当成小白鼠吗? -既然你经历过 为什么…
-first? I’m gonna be the guinea pig? -if you live through it, why….
-抱歉 -没关系
-excuse me. -sure.
你可以向上帝诉说一下
Taking your appeal to a higher court.
我绝望了
I’m desperate.
如果我下学期还不能进入圣母大学 一切就都结束了
If I don’t get in next semester, it’s over, done.
圣母大学并不接受大学三年级的转校生
Notre dame doesn’t accept senior transfers.
孩子 你已经为了自己的梦想做了很多
Well, you did a hell of a job, kid, chasing down your dream.
我不在乎 如果没有好的结果 一切都是徒劳的
I don’t care. if it doesn’t produce results, it doesn’t mean anything.
我想你会发现付出总会有回报的
I think you’ll discover that it will.
或许我并没有做足够的祈祷
Maybe I haven’t prayed enough.
我肯定这并非问题所在
I’m sure that’s not the problem.
我们能做的就是祈祷

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!