…i’ve been working at a steel mill for about four years.
攒了一笔钱
And I’ve been saving up my money.
一直计划着来这儿 但…
And I’ve been planning on coming here. but….
我朋友彼得很了解我的梦想
My friend pete really understood what my dream was.
他劝我别再浪费时间
And he told me not to waste any more time.
但我不知道 出于某种原因 我不能…
But I don’t know. for some reason, I couldn’t–
周五他死于一场事故
See, he died in an accident on friday.
而我在葬礼之后就赶到这儿
And I came here right after the funeral.
你明白我说的吗?
You see what I mean?
孩子
Son…
我想你来错办公室了
…i think you’re in the wrong office.
过来
Come on, now.
我不明白
I don’t understand.
你可能会想找卡维纳神父谈谈
You might want to go and talk to father cavanaugh.
我之前和他谈过了 是他让我进圣十字学院的
I talked to father cavanaugh. he got me into holy cross.
是吗?
He did?
他说如果我在圣十字学院成绩好
He said that if I got good enough grades at holy cross–
我发誓我会的 我会被圣母大学录取的
–and I will, I promise– that I’d be admitted here officially.
我就是来这做个自我介绍 表达一下对参加练习的渴望
I just wanted to introduce myself and say I look forward to practice.
-谢谢 -再见
-thank you. -so long.
抱歉
Sorry.
对我们来说 神的旨意并不意味上帝支配一个人
For us, divine inspiration does not mean that god possesses a man…
然后直接向他口述旨意
…and simply dictates the inspired text to him.
而是
Rather…
向他的心灵灌输一般概念
…that god implants into a man’s mind the general concept.
当上帝这么做的时候
When god does that…
他允许那个人根据自己的历史环境笔录下所说的内容
…he allows the man to write that in his historical context.
这就是生活处境
The sitz im leben, or, ‘that is the setting in life.”
所以一个人可能会犯下历史性错误
So a man may have historical inaccuracies…
但上帝允许记录时那些错误的存在
…but god allows the man to write with those misunderstandings…
因为重要的内在的是
…because what is important and what is inherent…
上帝传达给人类的神学观念
…is the theological concept that god is trying to get across to mankind.
今天就到这儿吧 同学们
I think that’s all for today, ladies and gentlemen.
下周一会有个测验 大家准备一下
We will have a quiz on monday, so please prepare yourselves for it.
讲得不错 神父
Well done, father.
请帮我把这些批阅一下
Please grade these for me.
-谢了 -交给我吧
-appreciate it. thank you. -certainly.
你在学速记还是其他什么?
You learning stenography or what?
他说的每句话都在书上
Everything he’s mouthing is in the book.
这个课我要考A
I gotta make an a in this class.
只要记住你的生活处境 就应该不成问题
Just remember your sitz im leben, and it shouldn’t be a problem.
我不想和你说话 特别是在你做了那以后
I’m not talking to you, man. not after what you did.
你给我介绍了一个女孩
You brought a girl to meet me…
接下来你知道的 她坐在了布莱恩边上
…and the next thing you know, she sits next to brian–
你好 能帮我拿一下吗?
Hi, could you hold this?
-当然 -谢谢
-yeah, sure. -thanks.
你想租♥房♥♥吗?
So you’re interested in a room to rent?
我不知道 也许吧
I don’t know. maybe.
我哥哥在离校五个街区的地方有个房♥子
My brother has a house about five blocks from campus.
我厌倦了…
I’m sick and tired of–
-我有张多余的名片可以给你 -别提了
-i have an extra card I can give you. -just forget it.
别提了 再见
Forget it. see you.
如果你感兴趣的话 尽快打电♥话♥给我
So if you’re interested, call soon.
也许就今晚 就这样 再见
Maybe tonight. all right, bye.
你一点儿头绪都没有吧?
You don’t have a goddamn clue, do you?
什么?
About what?
怎么在那课上拿A
About how to get an a in that class.
我能帮助你
I could help you.
除了是名圣母大学优等生
Look, besides being an honor student at notre dame…
以及神父的助教
…and a ta in father–
我还是个雇用家教
I’m also a tutor for hire.
我连租♥房♥♥的钱都没有
I can’t even afford a room to rent.
等等 也许我们能做些其他交易
Wait, maybe we can make some other kind of deal.
什么样的交易?
What kind of deal?
嗯…
Well…
我对圣母大学观察得很透彻
…i got notre dame pretty well staked out.
观察透彻?
Staked out?
对女生
Girls.
-我不了解 -请让一下
-i don’t know here– -excuse me.
-抱歉 -抱歉
-sorry. -sorry.
我不认识圣十字学院的女生
I don’t know the girls here at holy cross.
-你想说什么? -也许你能…
-what’s your point? -well, maybe you could….
什么?
What?
-给我介绍一些 -这里的女生我一个都不认识
-introduce me to a few– -i don’t know any girls here.
那算了
So be it.
等等
Wait a minute.
喂 等一下
Hey, wait!
等一下
Hey, wait a minute.
也许我确实认识些女孩
Maybe I do know some girls.
事实上我认识很多
In fact, I know a lot of girls.
-我正要去找她们呢 -这才对嘛
-i just gotta find them. -that’s the spirit.
很明显 我快要绝望了
As you can see, I’m pretty goddamn desperate.
我叫帝鲍勃
I’m d-bob.
-鲁迪 -我正在找对象
-rudy. -and I’m in love.
-你好吗? -别说话
-hey, how you doing? -don’t say anything.
你的毛衣很好看 这是帝鲍勃
Pretty sweater you’re wearing. this is d-bob.
他有点儿问题
He’s feeling not well.
你能停下吗?
Will you cut it out?
Branski的膝盖扭伤了
Branski twisted his knee.
他可能不会…
He’s not gonna make–
-这是训练场吗? -所有训练都不允许观看
-is this the practice field? -all practices are closed.
-我认识帕斯基恩教练 -你是…
-i know coach parseghian. -are you–
-我之前和他谈过 -小心
-i talked to him the other day. -watch out.
-退后 好吗? -好的
-step back, okay? -all right.
教练
Hey, coach!
把眼睛睁大些 孩子
You gotta keep your eyes open around here, kid.
嘿 教练
Hey, coach!
帕斯基恩教练
Coach parseghian…
如果有什么我能帮助球队的就直接告诉我好了
…anything I can do to help the team, you just let me know.
再见
See you.
-那是谁? -你午休得太久了
-who’s that? -your lunch breaks are too long.
去接通端区的电源
Go plug in the end zone.
-告诉杰克我要和他谈谈 -好的 头儿
-tell jake I need to talk to him. -all right, boss.
-不是告诉过你不能随便进来吗? -我有事找你
-what did I tell you about trespassing? -you’re the guy I need to talk to.
-我需要你的帮助 -我为什么要帮你?
-i need your help. -why should I help you?
-我想做你的助手 -我不需要什么助手 人员已经满了
-i want to be your assistant. -i don’t need an assistant. i’ve got a full crew.
你就不能再录用一个吗? 我的意思是你不用付我薪水
Couldn’t you use somebody else? I mean, I’ll work for free.
你这么做是为了什么?
What’s in it for you?
我自愿为球队效力 做任何事 但是
I volunteered to help the football team. I’ll do anything I can, but…
我不能 因为我不是这儿的学生
…i can’t, because I’m not a student here.
但我会是的
But I will be.
我想如果我要在这打球 我需要熟悉地形
I figured if I’m gonna play here, I need to know the lay of the land.
你疯了
You’re nuts.
我已经听很多人这么说过了
I’ve heard that a lot.
就愿意无偿工作而言 你就是个疯子
Well, you’ve got to be nuts to want to work for nothing.
我只是想成为这所大学的一员
I just want to be a part of this university.
好吧
Okay.
明早十点在这见我
Meet me here tomorrow, 1 0 a.m.
-谢谢 -最低工资
-thanks. -minimum wage.
-再次感谢你 -没事儿
-thanks again. -all right.
你明白我刚说的吗?
Did you understand what I was trying to say?
你不明白
You don’t understand.
-让我帮你吧 -你确定?
-let me give you a hand. -are you sure?
-没问题 这边 -我来拿
-no problem. here. -i got it.
-保持直线 孩子 -好的
-keep it straight, kid. -okay.
-诗人 学者 -迪根森 迪根森
-poet. scholar. -dickinson. dickinson.
开球 开球 圣母大学 加油
Hut, hut. blue and gold, let’s go.
-你好 你叫什么? -堂娜
-hi there, what’s your name? -donna.
-我叫鲁迪 鲁帝格 -你好 我叫珂琳
-great. my name’s rudy ruettiger. -hi, I’m colleen.
-我认识这家伙 帝鲍勃 -那个戴两只手表的帝鲍勃?
-i’ve got this buddy, d-bob. -d-bob with the two watches?
马歇尔.菲尔兹先生?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!