他不能在那里使我做一个快乐的新娘!
he shall not make me there a joyful bride!
不!不!
No! No!
所以,就这样决定了
So, it is concluded.
贤婿巴利斯
Son, Paris.
怎样了,太太!你把我的主张告诉她了吗?
How now, wife, have you delivered to her our decree?
是的,但是她不肯,她谢谢你的好意
Ay, sir,but she will none,she gives you thanks.
这傻孩子真是不如死掉
I would the fool were married to her grave.
慢一点!
Soft…
我不大懂你的意思
take me with you.
我不大懂你的意思,太太
Take me with you, wife.
怎么!她不肯?
How? Will she none?
她不感激我们?她不觉得荣耀?
Doth she not give us thanks?Is she not proud?
她还不觉得是福气吗?
Doth she not count her blessed,unworthy as she is,
我们给她物色到这样体面的一位绅士做她的新郎
that we have wrought so worthy a gentleman to be her bridegroom?
该死的傻丫头!让我看看她!
Wretched fool!Let me see her!
不知感恩的贱♥人♥
Ungrateful baggage!
随便你到什么地方去觅食,不要和我住在一起
Say what thou wilt,thou shalt not house with me!
嗨!怎么,你疯了吗?
Fie! What, are you mad?
你该死,你这小贱♥人♥,不孝顺的东西!
Hang thee,young baggage!Disobedient wretch!
我告诉你说,星期四到教堂去
I tell thee what,get thee to church on Thursday,
否则永远不要见我的面
or never after look me in the face.
父亲,我求你!- 不用作答
Oh, father, good father,I beseech you. -reply not,
不要对我回嘴,我的手指正在发痒- 上帝保佑她!
Do not answer me.My fingers itch.God in heaven bless her!
你这样骂她,是你的不对- 为什么,明智的老太婆?
You are to blame, my lord,to rate her so.And why,my lady wisdom?
闭上你的嘴,谨慎的女人!去!
Hold your tongue!Good prudence, smatter with your gossips, go!
我没有说什么不对的话,哦,神哦,不准人说话吗?
I speak no treason.O,God ye god-de.May not one speak?
冷静!你这唠唠叨叨的蠢婆子!
Peace!You mumbling fool!
和老太婆喝酒的时候再说你那些老话吧
Utter your gravity o’er a gossip’s bowl,For here we need it not.
你火气太大了
You are too hot.
圣餐的面包!可把我气疯了
God’s bread,it makes me mad.
星期四快要到了,把手放在胸口上,仔细盘算一下
Thursday’s near.Lay hand on heart, advise.
如果你是我的女儿,我就把你嫁给我的朋友
An you be mine,I give you to my friend;
如果你不是我的女儿
And you be not,
随便你上吊,要饭,挨饿,倒毙在街上
an you be not,hang, beg, starve,die in the streets.
凭着我的灵魂起誓,我是再也不会认你这个女儿的,
For by my soul,I’ll ne’er acknowledge thee,
你也别想我会分一点什么给你。
nor what is mine shall never do thee good!
父亲!- 我不会骗你,你想一想吧。
Father!Trust to’t, bethink you,
我决不反悔
I’ll not be forsworn.
噢,不!不!
Oh, no! No!
啊,我的好妈妈,不要丢弃我
Oh sweet, my mother,cast me not away.
把这婚事延缓一个月
不要对我说,因为我没有话说!
Talk not to me,for I’ll not speak a word.
随便你怎样做,因为我是不管你了
Do as thou wilt,for I have done with thee.
啊上帝!
Oh, God!
啊奶妈!
Oh, nurse?
怎样阻止这件事呢,你怎么说?
How shall this be prevented?What sayest thou?
你没有一句使我高兴的话吗?给一点安慰吧,奶妈?
Hast thou not a word of joy?Some comfort, nurse.
好,这就是安慰
Faith, here it is.
罗密欧是被放逐了
Romeo is banished…
什么赌我都敢打,
And all the world to nothing,
他绝不敢回来要求和你团聚
that he dares ne’er come back to challenge you;
就是敢回来,也只能偷偷摸摸的
or if he do, it needs must be by stealth.
事已至此
Then since the case so stands as now it doth,
我想你最好就嫁给这位伯爵
I think it best you marry with the county.
是啊
True.
啊!他是一位很可爱的绅士
O he’s a lovely gentleman.
罗密欧和他比起来只好算是一块破抹布
Romeo’s a dishclout to him.
小姐,就是一只鹰也没有像巴利斯
An eagle, madam,hath not so green,
那样绿,那样锐利,那样好看的眼睛
so quick, so fair an eye as Paris hath.
我真心的以为你这第二次结婚是很幸运的
Beshrew my heart,I think you happy in this second match.
因为比第一次的好
It excels your first.
就是不比他好,你的第一个丈夫是已经死了
For if it did not,your first is dead,
和死也差不多,活在世上而你无法享用他
or ’twere as good he were as living here,and you no use of him.
你说的是心里的话吗?
Speakest thou from thy heart?
而且是灵魂里的话
And from my soul, too…
否则让我的心和灵魂一齐受诅咒- 阿门!
Or else beshrew them both.-Amen.
怎么?
What?
好,你已经给了我很大的安慰
Well, thou hast comforted me marvelous much.
进去,告诉我的母亲,就说
Go in, and tell my lady I am gone,
我得罪了父亲,到劳伦斯的修道院
having displeased my father,to Laurence’s cell,
去做忏悔请求赦罪去了
to make confession and to be absolved.
我一定去说
Marry, I shall,
这做得聪明- 去吧!
and this is wisely done.-Go!
你说你不知道小姐的意思
You say you do not know the lady’s mind.
这件事办得不平稳,我不喜欢
Uneven is the course,I like it not.
为了提伯特的死,她哭得过度伤心
Immoderately she weeps for Tybalt’s death,
所以我对她不便多说爱慕的话
and therefore have I little talked of love,
因为一个流泪的家庭里爱神是无法露出笑脸来的
for Venus smiles not in a house of tears.
恰好遇到了,我的小姐,我的妻子
Happily met,my lady and my wife.
等我可以做你妻子的时候,你可以这样说
That may be, sir,when I may be a wife.
你是来向这位神父做忏悔的吗?
Come you to make confession to this father?
神父,你现在有空吗
Are you at leisure,holy father, now,
还是让我晚祷时过来?
or shall I come to you at evening mass?
我现在有空,忧愁的孩子
My leisure serves me,pensive daughter, now.
伯爵,我们必须请你离开一下
My lord, we must entreat the time alone.
我怎么可能打搅你们的祈祷呢!
God shield I should disturb devotion.
茱丽叶,星期四一清早我来接你
Juliet, on Thursday early will I rouse thee.
目前我告辞了
Till then, adieu…
请收下这神圣的一吻
and keep this holy kiss.
啊!关上门!你关门之后,来陪我哭吧
Oh, shut the door,and when thou hast done so,
没有希望,不能补救了,无可挽回了!
come weep with me,past hope,past care, past help.
茱丽叶,我已经知道你的苦痛了
Oh, Juliet, I already know thy grief.
神父,不要告诉我你已听说这件事
Tell me not, Friar,that thou heard’st of this,
除非你能告诉我如何可以避免
unless thou tell me how I can prevent it.
如果凭你的智慧想不出挽救的法子
If in thy wisdom thou cans’t give no help…
且慢,孩子!
Hold, daughter.
我发现了一线希望
I do spy a kind of hope,
和我们所要避免的事一样的危险
as that is desperate which we would prevent.
如果为了不和巴利斯伯爵结婚
If rather than to marry county Paris,Thou hast the strength of will to
要我嫁给巴利斯
bid me leap,rather than marry Paris,
还不如要我从那城门楼上跳下去
from off the battlements of any tower,
或是要我走进一座新坟
or bid me go into a new-made grave
把我藏在一个死尸的敛衣里
and hide me with a dead man in his shroud.
那么,不要急
Hold then.
回家去
Go home.
做出快乐的样子
Be merry.
答应嫁给巴利斯
Give consent to marry Paris.
噢,不。
Oh, no.
明天是星期三
Wednesday is tomorrow.
明天晚上你要一人独卧
Tomorrow night look that thou lie alone,
不要让你的奶嘛睡在你的寝室里
let not the nurse lie with thee in thy chamber.
你上♥床♥之后便拿出这个小瓶
Take thou this phial,being then in bed…
服下这蒸馏过的药水
And this distilling liquor drink thou off…
一股寒冷昏沉之感即将透过你的周身血脉
When presently through all thy veins shall run a cold and drowsy humor
全身脉搏无法继续活动必将停止
for no pulse shall keep his native progress,but surcease.
体温呼吸均将不能证明你还活着
no warmth, no breath shall testify thou livest…
在这假死的状态中
And in this borrowed likeness of shrunk death
你需要继续四十二小时
thou shalt continue two and forty hours…
然后像从一场酣睡中醒来一般
And then awake as from a pleasant sleep.
同时
In the meantime,
在你将醒之前
against thou shalt awake
我写信给罗密欧告诉他我们的计划
shall Romeo by my letters know our drift,
他就会到此地来,他和我将守着你醒来
and hither shall he come,and he and Iwill watch thy waking,
当晚罗密欧就可以把你带到曼酋亚去
and that very night shall Romeo bear thee hence to Mantua.
给我,给我!不要对我说什么恐惧!
Give me, give me!Tell me not of fear.
拿好了
Hold, then.
你去吧,要坚强起来,这决心必定要成功
Get thee gone.Be strong and prosperous in this resolve.
怎么啦,我的倔强的孩子
How now, my headstrong.
你又放荡到什么地方去了?
Where have you been gadding?
因为我违抗了您的意旨,我去找个地方去忏悔赎罪
Where I have learnt me to repent the sin of disobedient opposition.
原谅我吧