在罗伦斯神父的斋房♥里
and there she shall at Friar Laurence’s cell
她可作忏悔,然后行婚礼
be shrived and married.
这是酬劳你的
Here’s for thy pains.
不,真是的,先生,一文钱都不能 -瞎讲,请你收下吧
No, no truly, sir,not a penny.Go to,I say you shall.
好…
Well…
先生,我家的小姐是最可爱的姑娘
Sir, my mistress is the sweetest lady.
那时候她还是一个爱多嘴的小东西…- 再见!
Lord, Lord, when she were a little prating thing.Goodbye!
有一位贵族叫巴利斯的,很想把她弄到手
There is a nobleman, Paris,that would fain lay knife aboard.
有时候我触怒她,说巴利斯是个很漂亮的人
I anger her sometimes and say that Paris is the properer man.
奶妈,请代我向你家的小姐致意- 替你说一千回
Commend me to thy lady.- A thousand times.
我派奶妈去是在九点钟
The clock struck nine when I did send the nurse,
她答应我在半小时内回来…
in half an hour she promised to return…
也许她遇不到他
perchance she cannot meet him;
不会的,啊!她是个跛子
ahh, that’s not so,oh, she’s lame,
恋爱的使者应该像是思想一般
love’s heralds should be thoughts!
如果她有热情,有滚热的青春的血
Had she affections and warm youthful blood,
她动作起来会像一只球似的快
she would be as swift in motion as a ball.
但是老年人
But old folks,
好像死了一般,迟钝,缓慢
many feign as they were dead,unwieldy, slow, heavy…
沉重苍白得像一块铅
And pale as lead.
啊天呀,她来了,啊亲爱的奶妈,有什么消息?
O God, she comes.O honey nurse,what news?
天啦!你为什么是忧愁的样子
O Lord, why look’st thou sad?
噢!
Oh!
纵然消息不好,也要快快活活的讲出来
Though news be sad,yet tell them merrily.
让你的佣人走开
Send the man away.
彼得,到门口去等着- 快…
Peter, stay at the gate.Go on.
你见到他了吗?- 我疲倦了,让我休息一下
Hast thou met with him?Oh, I am aweary.Give me leave awhile.
呸,我的骨头好痛!
Fie, how my bones ache!
好,好奶妈
Sweet, sweet…Sweet nurse.
告诉我,我的爱人说些什么?
Tell me, what says my love?
你的爱人,像是一位诚实的君子
Your love says like an honest gentleman,
一位有礼貌的
and courteous,
挺和气的,漂亮的…
and kind,and handsome,
而且我敢说是很有德性的
and, I warrant him,a virtuous-
你的母亲在哪里?- 我的母亲在哪里?
Where is your mother?-Where is my mother?
噫?她在里面呢,她还能够在哪里?
Why, she is within.Where should she be?
你的话好奇怪!
How oddly thou repliest!
“你的爱人,像是一位诚实的君子,
“Your love says like an honest gentleman,
你的母亲在哪里?”
where is your mother?”
你怎么这样性急?好,算了吧
Oh, God’s lady,are you so hot?Marry, come up I trow.
这就是你给我的酸痛的骨头贴的膏药吗?
Is this the poultice for my aching bones?
以后你自己去送信吧!
Henceforward do your messages yourself.
你怎么这样麻烦!好!罗密欧说些什么?
Here’s such a coil!Come! What says Romeo?
你今天得到允许去作忏悔吗?
Have you got leave to go to shrift today?
得到了
I have.
那么你赶快到罗伦斯神父的斋堂去
Then, hie you hence to Friar Laurence’s cell,
那里有一个丈夫等着让你成为妻子
there stays a husband to make you a wife.
现在你的脸上泛起了红晕了…
Now comes the wanton blood up in your cheeks.
你听到任何消息都会脸红
They’ll be in scarlet straight at any news.
赶快到教堂去!
Hie you to church!
我要吃饭去- 好奶妈,再见!
I’ll to dinner.Honest nurse, farewell!
愿上天赞许对神圣的结合
So smile the heavens upon this holy act,
不要让我们日后受烦恼之苦
that after-hours with sorrow chide us not.
阿门!阿门!
Amen, amen.
日后尽管有什么烦恼来….也不能抵消我
But Come what sorrow can,it cannot countervail the exchange of joy
和她见面时片刻的欢欣
that one short minute gives me in her sight.
这突然的快乐会有突然的结局…
These violent delights have violent ends,
就像火和火♥药♥,一接吻,立刻炸光
like fire and powder,which as they kiss consume.
最甜的蜜固然本身是美味
The sweetest honey is loathsome in its own Deliciousness.
可是不免有一点腻,吃起来要倒胃口
And in the taste confounds the Appetite.
所以要温和的爱
Therefore love moderately…
这样爱才能持久
Long love doth so.
小姐来了,啊
Ah, here comes the lady.
噢,这样轻盈的脚步,永远磨不坏
O, so light a foot will ne’erwear out
这铺地的坚石板。茱丽叶
the everlasting flint.Juliet!
听我忏悔的神父,你晚安
Good even to my ghostly confessor.
孩子,罗密欧会代表我们两个向你答礼
Romeo shall thank thee,daughter, for us both.
啊!茱丽叶,如果你的欢乐之情是和我一般的洋溢
Ah, Juliet,if the measure of thy joy be heaped like mine,
如果你有更大的本领加以描绘
that thy skill be more to blazon it,
那么请你用你的谈吐来薰香这四周的空气
then sweeten with thy breath this neighbor air.
只有乞丐才计数他的家财
They are but beggars that can count their worth.
我的爱情太充足了
But my true love is grown to such excess,
我无法数清我的财产的一半
I cannot sum up sum of half my wealth.
和我来…
Come, come with me…
我们要赶快办事,在教会把你们结合起来之前
We will make short work.for you shall not stay alone
你们不该长久的在这里私下会面
till Holy Church incorporate two in one.
我求你,好茂丘西奥,我们回去吧
I pray thee,good Mercutio, let’s retire.
天气热
The day is hot.
凯布雷家的人都出来了
The Capulets abroad!
如果我们遇到,不免一场恶斗
If we meet we shall not ‘scape a brawl.
因为在这大热天的,脾气容易发作
For now these hot days,is the mad blood stirring.
茂丘西奥,我们回去吧
Mercutio,let’s retire.
你就像是那种人,走进酒店….
Thou art like one of these fellows that when he enters a tavern
把剑往桌上一拍,说:
claps me his sword on the table,and says,
“愿上帝别令我需要你!”
“God send meno need of thee!”
可是第二杯一下肚
and by the operation of the second cup,
他无缘无故的抽出剑来向酒保找麻烦了
draws him on the drawer,when indeed there is no need.
如果有两个这样的人,
Am I like such a fellow?
很快的一个也剩不下因为这一个会把那一个杀死的
If there were two such we’d have none shortly, for one would kill the other!
一个人在街上咳嗽,你就和他吵架
Thou hast quarrelled with a man for coughing in the street,
只因他惊醒了你的阳光下睡觉的狗
because he hath wakened thy dog that hath lain asleep in the sun!
芭乐,你居然还教训我不要和人吵架?
Blah, blah, blah! And thou wilt tutor me from quarrelling? Hah!
茂丘西奥
Mercutio…
用我的脑袋起誓,凯布雷家的人来了
By my head,here come the Capulets.
用我的脚跟起誓,我满不在乎
By my heel,I care not.
二位晚安!
Gentlemen, good den.
晚安- 我要和你们随便哪一位说一句话
Good den.A word with one of you.
只要和我们一个人说一句话吗?
And but one word with one of us?
再加上一点什么吧,一句话之外再加上一拳吧
Couple it with something,make it a word and a blow.
如果你们给我机会,先生,
You shall find me apt enough for that, sir,
我很愿意那么做的
and you will give me occasion.
不给你机会你就不能找个机会吗?
Can you not take some occasion without the giving?
茂丘西奥,你是罗密欧的同道….
Mercutio, thou consortest with Romeo.
同道!哈哈哈!你把我们当作沿街卖♥♥唱的人吗?
Consort? Ha ha ha!What dost thou make us minstrels?
如果你把我们当作沿街卖♥♥唱的人
If you make minstrels of us,
你只好听一听刺耳之音
you look to hear nothing but discords.
这便是我的弦弓
Here’s my fiddlestick.
这就是使你起舞的家伙,混帐!沿街卖♥♥唱!
Here’s that shall make you dance.Zounds! Consort!
这大众聚会的地方不便谈话
We talk here in the public haunt of men.
或是找个僻静的地方。
Either withdraw unto some private place,
或是冷静的理论
or reason coldly of your grievances,
再不走的话,这里所有的眼睛都在看着我们呢?
or else depart;here all eyes gaze on us.
人的眼睛就是为看的,让他们看
Men’s eyes were made to look,and let them gaze.
我绝不为了讨人欢喜而移♥动♥一步,我…
I will not budge for no man’s pleasure, I.
好了,你且稍安勿躁,先生,我的人来了
Well, peace be with you, sir,here comes my man.
茂丘西奥!
Mercutio!
提伯特.
Tybalt.
罗密欧,我对你的仇恨使我只能这样称你….
Romeo, the love I bear thee can afford no better term than this–
你是一个坏蛋.
thou art a villain.
提伯特,我有爱你的理由
Tybalt, the reason that I have to love thee
所以你这样称呼我,我也不动火
doth much excuse the appertaining rage to such a greeting
我不是坏蛋
villain am I none.
所以再会吧,我看你是不了解我
Therefore farewell,I see thou knowest not me.
小子
Boy…
这不能弥补你对我的伤害
This shall not excuse the injuries thou hast done me,
所以转身拔剑吧
therefore turn and draw.
我要声明我从来不曾伤害你
I do protest I never injured thee,
而且我爱你之深是你所不能想像的
but love thee better than thou canst devise.
除非你知道我所以爱你的原故
Till thou shalt know the reason of my love.
所以,好凯布雷,
And so, good Capulet,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!