since I have been in private practice.
好的 再见
Well, goodbye.
再见 洛拉 不要忘了周四的晚餐
Goodbye, Lola, and don’t forget that you’re dining with me on Thursday.
再见
Goodbye.
怎么了?
What is it?
没什么 只是那个人说话的声音…
Pardon me. It was nothing. It was just for a moment, that voice…
– 很熟悉吗? – 也不是 实际上
– Was familiar? – Not that, exactly…
我好像想起了什么东西 但又说不上来
but it seemed to remind me of something that I didn’t have time to get a grip on.
我有时候突然会有这种感觉
That happens to me sometimes.
转瞬即逝的记忆
A sort of wisp of memory that can’t be caught before it fades away.
– 失踪那一段的记忆吗? – 有可能
– From those lost years? – Perhaps.
我们说到哪里了?
Now, what were you saying?
你应该去度假 你现在已经不缺钱了
That you should take a holiday. You’ve got money enough, heaven knows.
– 不缺钱 缺时间 – 胡说
– Money, yes, but not the time. – That’s nonsense.
你有的是时间 你多大了?
You could make the time. How old are you?
不告诉你
None of your business.
– 你看起来很年轻 查尔斯 – 谢谢
– You’re awfully nice-looking, Charles. – Thank you.
你聪明 风趣
Clever, interesting.
这不公平
It’s not fair.
为什么?
Why?
你关心所有人 却不关心我
Because you’ve spoiled me for other men, that’s why.
基蒂
Kitty.
我一直都很爱你 这已经不是秘密了
It’s no secret, is it? I’ve always been mad about you…
我从读书的时候就开始爱你
even as a schoolgirl.
你爱我吗?
It might be fun if you loved me now.
你知道 我们有很多共同点
We’re a lot alike, you know.
我们志趣相投
We laugh at the same things.
我们在一起的时候总是很开心
We have marvelous times together.
有时候 我真不知道你为什么不爱我?
I sometimes wonder why you don’t.
我在感情上比较迟钝…
In my slow and careful way…
我也不知道我是不是爱…
I’ve wondered sometimes, too.
为什么不爱我呢?我想知道
Why don’t you? Just to be curious.
我没说过我不爱你
I haven’t said that I don’t.
什么?
Oh, no.
这是不是太突然了?
Would it be too incredible?
– 这太美妙了 – 确实是
– It would be fantastic. – Then it is fantastic.
但我还是不敢相信 不敢相信你是认真的
But I don’t believe it. I don’t believe that you mean it.
你能再说一遍吗?
That you’ll go on meaning it.
我是不是在做梦?
I shall wake up and find it isn’t real at all.
– 这只是个梦 – 这是真的
– It’s just a dream. – No.
你爱我?我在你眼中不再是一个小女孩了吗?
You do want me? I’m not just a schoolgirl to you?
亲爱的 你总是这么美丽甜蜜
Darling, you’re very sweet and dear to me.
我对你一直都抱有很大的期望
I’m building a great hope on you.
我一句话都不信
I don’t believe any of it.
明天早上 你会忘掉所有今天你说过的话
At the office tomorrow, you’ll have forgotten all about it.
那我会叫汉森小姐提醒我的
I’ll have Miss Hanson remind me.
查尔斯 亲爱的 这太美妙了
Charles, darling, it’s too wonderful.
我们离开这里吧
Take me out of here.
去一个你可以吻我的地方
Take me somewhere and kiss me.
– 什么事? – 雷纳先生 我可以进来吗?
– Yes? – Mr. Rainier, may I bring in…
汉森小姐 请进
Yes, Miss Hanson. I’m sorry. Bring it in, please.
这份文件你可以整理一下吗?还有这个
I’ve scribbled a note here. Will you take care of it? And this.
雷—纳伍的资料准备好了吗?
Is the Ray-Novaille prospectus ready yet?
他们说4点钟送来
They promised it for 4:00. I’ll send it in as soon as it arrives.
你看过哈伍德和威廉斯公♥司♥送来的报价单了吗?
You saw this offer from Harwood and Williams?
看过了 雷纳先生
Yes, Mr. Rainier.
我知道你曾经在那边工作过
You worked for Harwood and Williams once, I believe.
和他们做生意得小心
They’re driving a hard bargain.
– 你认为他们会骗我们吗? – 我想不会
– Do you think they’re bluffing? – I think not.
我很了解威廉斯先生
I used to know Mr. Williams pretty well.
– 我过去是他的秘书 – 他这个人脾气比较暴躁
– I was his secretary. – Yes. I remember he was quite annoyed…
你跳槽过来的时候 他认为都是我搞的鬼
when you came to me. He called me a pirate.
不关你的事 是我想过来工作的
That was not fair. It was really all my doing.
真的?
Indeed?
我知道林蒂小姐离职后 就申请了这个职位
I’d heard Miss Lindy was leaving you, and I applied for the position.
为什么呢?
May I ask why?
几周前 我在杂♥志♥上看到你的照片
A few weeks before, I’d come across a picture of you in a magazine.
上面写着“英格兰的工业王子”
Underneath, it said, “Industrial Prince of England.”
– 哈哈 – 这对我影响很大
– Dear me. – I was impressed.
于是我决定离开哈伍德和威廉斯公♥司♥ 寻求更好的发展机会
I decided then I must leave Harwood and Williams to better myself.
感谢你做出这个决定 你是一个出色的秘书
I’m sincerely glad you did. You make things much easier for me.
这是什么?
What’s all this?
这是内陆一家工厂的报告
That’s the report on that firm in the Midlands.
梅桥电缆公♥司♥
The Melbridge Cable Company.
我想起来了 我哥哥认为我们应该投资这家公♥司♥
Yes, my brother thinks this would be a very valuable subsidiary.
我这里有这家工厂的图片
I have a large file. Photographs of the works.
– 你要看吗? – 好的
– Would you care to see it? – Please, yes.
把梅桥电缆公♥司♥的图片给我
Bring me the Melbridge Cable Company report.
是 汉森小姐
Yes, Miss Hanson.
你好
Hello.
是的 我是 曼达斯先生 你能4:30再过来吗?
Yes, I did, Mr. Manders. Can you make it 4:30 this afternoon?
那太好了 他现在很忙 谢谢你
That would be splendid. He’s very busy. Thank you.
市场报告?
Market reports?
再等10分钟 谢谢你的花 很漂亮
In 10 minutes, and thanks for the flowers. They’re lovely.
我想你会喜欢的
I thought you’d like them.
谢谢 希拉
Thank you, Sheila.
设备都是最新的
Their equipment’s up-to-date.
厂房♥也很大
And they seem to have plenty of space.
看起来确实值得投资
It does seem worth investigating.
我会叫我哥哥负责的
I’ll get my brother to run down.
我最近要度一个长假
I’m taking a long holiday.
– 马上吗? – 大概一个月后
– Are you? At once? – In about a month or so.
我想这是个好主意
Why, I think that’s a very good idea.
如果一切顺利的话 我会离开一年
I may be gone a year. If things can be arranged.
一年?
A year?
人之常情…
If it’s humanly possible.
因为我要结婚了 汉森小姐
I’m being married, Miss Hanson.
你是第一个知道的人
You’re the first to hear my news.
我担心如果我离开的话…
I’m afraid it’ll mean a lot of extra work for you…
你会更忙的
putting things in order so I can get away.
– 是切克特小姐吗?我猜 – 是的 基蒂
– It’s Miss Chilcet, I suppose. – Yes, it’s Kitty.
– 不合适吗? – 不 她是个迷人的女孩
– Was it so obvious? – Not at all. She’s a very charming girl.
是的
Yes, I fully agree.
汉森小姐 你可不能随便结婚
I hope you won’t take it into your head to follow my example, Miss Hanson.
我们公♥司♥离不开你
I don’t know what I should do without you.
我结过婚的 雷纳先生
I have been married, Mr. Rainier.
我以前告诉过你
Remember, I told you when I took the position.
对不起 我忘了
Yes, to be sure. It slipped my memory.
我记得你还有个小孩
You had a child, I believe.
是的 男孩 不过已经死了
Yes. A little boy. He died.
对不起
Yes. I remember. I’m sorry.
你先把这个交给切特先生 好吗?
You’ll see that Mr. Chetwynd gets this, will you?
迟些我再把别的给他
And I’ll let him have the file later.
你好
Hello?
是的 他在 是切克特小姐
Yes, he’s here. Miss Chilcet.
你好
Hello.
难道你还要我签字保证吗?
Definitely. You want me to confirm it in writing?
你这个小鬼
You absurd young person.
什么?不 基蒂 当然不会
What’s that? No, Kitty. Of course not.
– 保拉 别这样 – 约翰 让我告诉他吧
– Paula, don’t. – John, let me tell him.
– 告诉他你是他妻子吗? – 是的
– That you’re his wife? – Yes.
这很冒险
You can risk it, if you wish.
我希望你不要这样
I hope you won’t.
那我应该怎么办?
But what do I risk now?
这要看你想要什么?保拉 他的名字?还是他的保护?
What do you want of him, Paula? His name? His protection?
我要他像过去那样对我
I want him as he was.
我要他的爱
I want his love.
保拉 两年前你走进他的办公室
Paula, two years ago, you walked into his office.
但你当时的出现并没有唤起他的记忆
If the sight of you did nothing to restore his memory…
现在又怎么行呢?
what can words do?
他失踪以后 你到梅桥来找我

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!