普 罗 米 修 斯
去叫查理
Get Charlie.
霍罗威博士
Doctor Holloway!
查理
Charlie!
-怎么了 -快来
– What?! – Come quick!
苏格兰 斯凯岛 2089年
-鉴定年代了吗 -至少35000年
– Did you date it? – 35,000 years, maybe older.
不是吧
You got to be kidding me.
同样的图形
It’s the same configuration.
不过比别的要早上一千多年
Only it’s got to predate the others, by a millennium.
这大概是想让我们去找他们
I think they want us to come and find them.
科学考察飞船 普罗米修斯号♥
成员 十七人
日期 2093年12月21日
距离地球 327万亿公里[约105光年]
目的地 不明
伊丽莎白·肖博士
-那人怎么了 -死了
– What happened to that man? – He died.
你为什么不帮他
Why aren’t you helping him?
他们不要我帮 因为信仰不同
They don’t want my help. Their God is different than ours.
他为什么死了
Why did he die?
-人迟早会死 -像妈妈吗
– Sooner or later everyone does. – Like mommy?
就像妈妈
Like mommy.
他们去哪里
Where do they go?
说法不一
Everyone has their own word.
有的叫天堂 有的叫极乐
Heaven, Paradise…
不管叫什么 总之很美
Whatever it’s called, it’s someplace beautiful.
你怎么知道那里很美
How do you know it’s beautiful?
因为这是我的信仰
Cos that’s what I choose to believe.
你信仰什么呢宝贝
What do you believe darling?
大卫 早上好
Good morning, David.
正在传输信息
Transmitting message.
无应答
No response.
日后 这种发音方法得到证实
Whilst this manner of articulation is attested indeed in the
的确沿袭了印欧语系的发音体系
Indo-European descendants as a purely paralinguistic form,
我们据此推断出了
it is phonemic in the ancestral
五千年前古语的音位
form dating back five millennium or more.
19世纪印欧语复兴运动中,由施莱彻使用古印欧语编写的童话故事。
现在一起来试读施莱彻寓言
Now let’s attempt Schleicher’s Fable.
跟我读
Repeat after me:
非常好
Perfect.
英国经典电影《阿♥拉♥伯的劳伦斯》
-劳伦斯先生 -什么
– Mr. Lawrence? – Yes?
-我是弗莱西 -谢谢
– Flimsy, sir. – Thank you.
你只是血肉之躯 怎么做到的
You’ll do that once too often. It’s only flesh and blood.
迈克尔·乔治·哈特利 你是个哲学家
Michael George Hartley, you’re a philosopher.
过奖了
And you’re balmy!
-噢 真疼 -当然疼
– Ow! It damn well hurts. – Certainly, it hurts!
那诀窍是什么
Well, what’s the trick then?
诀窍在于 威廉·波特 不要在乎疼
The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.
诀窍在于 威廉·波特 不要在乎疼
The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.
注意 即将到达目的地
Attention! Destination threshold.
注意 即将到达目的地
Attention! Destination threshold.
袍子
Robe.
多久了
How long?
两年 四个月 十八天 三十六小时 十五分钟…
2 years, 4 months, 18 days, 36 hours, 15 minutes…
-有伤亡吗 -什么是伤亡
– Any casualties? – Casualties, ma’am?
-有人死吗 -没有 大家都很好
– Has anyone died? – No ma’am, everyone’s fine.
那就叫他们起来
Well, then wake them up.
放松点 肖博士
Try to relax Dr. Shaw.
我是大卫
My name is David.
你的精神和身体刚刚苏醒
Your mind and body are in the state of shock,
正在适应环境 这很正常
as a result of stasis. All that is perfectly normal.
艾丽 我们到了
Ellie, we’re here baby.
多喝水 多补充水分
Drink plenty of water, drink plenty of fluids.
水有助恢复肌肉群
Hydration aids muscle mass.
这是干嘛
What the hell is that?
搞点圣诞气氛 免得失去时间感
It’s Christmas, need a holiday to show time is still moving.
任务简报要开始了 船长
Mission briefing is about to start captain.
还不快点下去
You might want to make your way down.
我还没吃早餐呢
I haven’t had breakfast yet.
这位子没人吧
Is this seat taken?
我是米尔本 生物学 你好
I’m Millburn, biology, nice to meet you.
无心冒犯 不过我睡了两年才醒来
No offence, but, I’ve been asleep two years.
可不是为了认识你
I ain’t here to be your friend.
我是来挣钱的 懂了吗
I’m here to make money, you got that?
好吧
Ok.
我赌一百块 这是为改造行星做勘察
I bet a hundred credits it’s a terraforming survey.
如果是做勘察 大可以告诉我们
If it’s a survey, they would just tell us.
这是集体行动
This is a corporate run.
他们什么都不告诉我们
They’re not telling us shit.
-来吧 -一百块 说定了
– Come on. – A hundred, alright, you’re on.
艾丽 你好像很紧张
You look nervous, Ellie.
想找回脚踏实地的感觉
Trying to keep my feet on the ground.
-我知道 -早上好
– I know you are. – Good morning.
我亲自聘请的先生女士们
For those of you I hired personally,
很高兴又见面了
it’s nice to see you again.
其余各位 我是美瑞迪斯·威克斯
For the rest of you, I am Meredith Vickers
我的职责是要你们尽到职责
and it’s my job to make sure you do yours.
好 我们开始吧
OK then, on with the show.
威兰集团 让世界更美好
Weyland Corporation, building better worlds.
朋友们好
Hello friends.
我是彼得·威兰
My name is Peter Weyland.
你们的雇主
I am your employer.
我说话的时间是2091年6月22日
I am recording this 22, June, 2091.
看到这段片子 说明你们到达了目的地
If you’re watching it, you have reached your destination.
而我也死了很久
And I am long dead.
愿我安息
May I rest in peace.
你们中间坐着的一位 名叫大卫
There’s a man sitting with you today, his name is David.
他像我的亲儿子一样
He is the closest thing to a son I will ever have.
可惜他不是人类
Unfortunately he is not human,
他永远不会老 不会死
he will never grow old, and he will never die.
但他也没法理解凡人的幸福
Yet he is unable to appreciate these remarkable gifts,
因为有一样东西他永远没有
for that would require the one thing that David will never have.
灵魂
A soul.
我花了一生的时间来思考
I have spent my entire lifetime contemplating these questions.
我们从哪里来 为了什么
Where do we come from? What is our purpose?
死后会怎样
What happens when you die?
终于我遇到了两个人
And I have finally found two people who have convinced me
他们让我相信很快能找到答案
they are on the verge of answering them.
霍罗威博士和肖博士 请起身
Doctors Holloway and Shaw, if you would please stand.
他们俩是负责人
As far as you’re concerned they are both in charge.
当年普罗米修斯
The Titan, Prometheus,
因为试图让人类与神并肩
wanted to give mankind equal footing with the gods,
而被驱逐出奥林匹斯山
for that he was cast from Olympus.
而现在 我们要与他携手重上顶峰
Well, my friends, the time has finally come for his return.
博士们 请
Doctors, please.
这里交给你们
Floor is yours.
好的
Ok…
我还没听过幽灵的吩咐
Never had to follow a ghost before.
好 让我说明一下大家来这里的原因
OK, let me show why you guys are here.
这是世界各地考古发掘的图片
These are images of archaeological digs, from all over the Earth.
分别来自埃及 玛雅 苏美尔 巴比伦
That’s Egyptian, Mayan, Sumerian, Babylonian,
还有夏威夷和美索不达米亚
that’s Hawaiian there at the end, and Mesopotamian.
这幅是我们的最新发现
This one here is our most recent discovery.
苏格兰斯凯岛山洞里
It’s a 35,000 year old cave
35000年前的壁画
painting from the Isle of Skye in Scotland.
这些古老的文明
These are ancient civilizations,
相隔数个世纪
that were separated by centuries,
互相毫无关联 然而
they shared no contact with one another, and yet…
每组壁画中都有人类
the same pictogram showing men worshiping giant beings
敬拜手指星星的巨人的象形符号♥
pointing to the stars was discovered at every last one of them.
唯一与壁画中图形吻合的星系
The only galactic system that matched,
距离地球之远 不是这些上古文明
was so far from earth that there’s no way that these primitive
有能力认知的
ancient civilizations could have possibly known about.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!