She was Tom Cruise from Risky Business.
接下来一个月,她每天放学回家
And for the next month, she would come home from school every day,
都会穿上汤姆的上衣 穿着袜子在屋裡滑来滑去
put on one of Tom’s shirts and slide around the house in her socks.
让三年级女童打扮成经营妓院的人
Hmm. Letting a third-grade girl dress up as a kid who runs a brothel.
妳真前卫,妈
That’s very forward-thinking, Mom.
没错,因为我现在就能拿这麽可爱的照片 来恐吓妳
Yeah, it was. Because now I have this adorable picture to blackmail you with.
曼蒂说得对,我们该走了
Uh, Mandy’s right. We should head out.
杨先生、杨太太,很高兴认识你们
Mr. and Mrs. Yang, it was nice meeting you.
两点前送她回来
Have her back by 2:00.
两点? -三点
2:00? -Oh, 3:00.
他午夜前就会送我回来
He will have me back by midnight.

Yes.
好好去玩吧
Have fun.
拜託,两点,汤姆?认真吗?
Come on. 2:00 a.m., Tom? Really?
她以前又没约会过
She’s never gone on a date before.
我哪会知道?
How am I supposed to know?
有够奇怪
Well, that happened.
那些照片就是我噩运连连的源头
Those photos are the bane of my existence.
不,我喜欢
No. I liked it.
拜託,那称不上是名人牆
Please. It’s not exactly the wall of fame in there.
妳在说什麽?你们整个屋子都是名人牆
What are you talking about? Your whole house is a wall of fame.
妳做什麽他们都爱,不一定要是成就
They love everything you do. No achievements necessary.
那你决定要念哪所大学了吗?
So, have you decided where you wanna go to college?
还没
Uh, no, not yet.
教练想要我去华盛顿州立大学打球
Coach wants me to play ball at State.
欧文要我去亚利桑那州立大学 这样我们就能当室友
Owen’s pushing for ASU so we can room together.
然后我爸希望我去德州大学
And then there’s my dad’s choice, UT.
「备受敬重又能够毕业的 公立长春藤大学」
“A respectable yet attainable Public Ivy.”
但你想要念哪一间?
Hmm. But where do you wanna go?
我不知道
I don’t know.
现在我只是很开心能来
Right now, I’m just happy to be here.
谢谢你
Thank you.
菈托雅雷诺斯
LaToya Reynolds!
班,不要再大吼我的名字了
Ben, you have got to start saying my name at a normal volume.
抱歉,我…妳…妳来了
Sorry. I– You’re– You’re here.
当然啊,你邀请了我
Well, yeah, you invited me.
我知道,但妳真的来了
I know, but then you came, so…
我们应该去请他们带位吗?
Should we go get a table?
没错,接下来就该这麽做
Yeah, we should. That’s what happens next.
我以前真的来过餐厅
I promise I’ve been to a restaurant before, so…
(朗辛参议员欢迎各位莅临 年度募资晚宴)
SENATOR LANSING WELCOMES YOU TO OUR ANNUAL FUNDRAISING EVENT
天啊
Wow.
来吧
Come on.
重点就是低着头,继续往前走
So, the key is to keep your head down and keep moving.
不要对上别人的视线
Don’t make eye contact with anyone.
一旦对上视线,妳就会被无趣的对话困住
Because if you do, you’ll get stuck in some boring conversation
那些无聊的金主都想说妳好话
with some boring donors who just wanna butter you up
进而得到朗辛参议员的协助
to good ol’ Senator Lansing.
你太夸张了
All right. You’re exaggerating.
才没有,我哥哥现在都被困住了
No, I’m not. My brothers are all trapped right now.
泰迪在那
There’s Teddy.
还有奈特
And Nate.
罗根刚刚脱困
Oh. Logan just got free.
罗根
Logan.
跟别人对上视线,菜鸟才会犯的错
Made eye contact. Rookie mistake.
你们在这个圈子真抢手
You guys are quite the hot commodity at these things.
对,我爸爱死了
Yep. My dad loves it.
妳今天遇到他时
So when you meet him tonight,
要马上提到哈佛,以免有人打岔
mention Harvard right away before anyone with money swoops in.
葛兰
Hey, Graham.
我们被盯上了,我们得走了
Ah, we’ve been spotted. We gotta move.
不行
Oh, no.
我不喜欢跳慢舞
I’m not slow-dancing.
好啦,就当是一世代的歌♥
Oh, come on. Just pretend it’s 1D.
妳是天生好手呢,就像在球场上一样
Oh, you’re a natural. Just like on the court.
妳回想高中时期时
So, when you look back on high school,
妳觉得妳最大的后悔是什麽?
what do you think your biggest regret will be?
体育课拿了94分,害我没有第一名毕业
The 94 in PE that cost me valedictorian.
你呢?
You?
我一直以为是在全市篮球总决赛上 罚球没有进
I always thought it would be missing the free throw in the City Finals.
但现在呢?
But now?
我后悔我到现在才找家教
That I took so long to get a tutor.
这种撩妹金句真的有用吗?
Do lines like that work for you?
我不知道,我一向不需要
I don’t know. I never needed a line.
大家接近我时,已经预期了
People just come to me with their expectations
我是怎样的人或我应该是哪种人…
of who I am or who I should be…
但我不知道,跟妳在一起时…
but I don’t know. With you, it’s…
一切都不一样
Everything’s different.
是好是坏?
Good different or bad different?
肯定是好的
Definitely good different.
还在介意体育课拿94分吗?
Still thinking about that 94 in PE?
有点,你应该再亲我一次
A little bit. You should probably kiss me one more time.
为什麽你决定要去凯拉杰各森的派对?
So, why did you come to Kayla Jacobson’s party?
除了收大家的垃圾
I mean, besides to collect people’s trash.
对,我…
Right, um, uh, well, I–
我只是觉得
I guess I just felt like
我完全没有体验到真正的高中生活
I was letting the authentic high school experience pass me by.
就像大家都做的事
Like, um, you know, what you all do.
例如,尽情享乐、去看球赛或参加派对
Like, uh, with the fun and the games and, um, uh, going to parties.
我想要看看那是什麽样子
I wanted to see what that was like.
然后呢?
And?
我不适合
Not for me.
我也渐渐觉得那种生活不适合我
I’m beginning to think it’s not for me either.
敬妳
Cheers.
葛兰朗辛?
Graham Lansing?
我以为我们甩掉他了
Oh, I thought we lost him.
妳快逃吧,我等一下回去餐桌那裡找妳
Go. Save yourself. I’ll meet you back at the table.
这一季是怎麽了?
What happened this season?
我不知道
I don’t know.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
朗辛参议员 -对
Senator Lansing. Uh– -Yeah. Uh–
这就是穿深色西装喝酒的好处 泼到酒也看不出来
Well, that is the beauty of drinking in dark suits. Hides all the spills.
妳是跟我儿子一起来的吗?
Um, did I see you here with my son?
对,我是杨曼蒂,幸会
Yes, uh, Mandy Yang. It’s very nice to meet you.
妳是他的家教,对吧? -对
You’re tutoring him, right? -Yeah.
我以前常常考他九九乘法表
Yeah, well, as the man who used to quiz him on his times tables,
我知道这个工作很辛苦
I know that is not an enviable task.
他其实表现得很好,根本不需要我
Oh, he’s actually doing very well. Barely even needs me.
妳这麽说真好心
Oh, you’re very sweet to say so.
我妻子告诉我,妳申请了哈佛大学吗?
Now, my wife tells me that you are applying to Harvard?
对,的确是
Yes, sir, I am.
那是我的母校
Well, that’s my alma mater.
为了感谢妳,有什麽能帮忙的地方 儘管告诉我
If there is anything I can do to say thank you for the help, I’m happy to.
不过,就算是帮妳申请上哈佛
Although, I’m not so sure even Harvard is enough payment
应该也不足以答谢妳教葛兰
for what you’re putting yourself through with Graham.
那小子喔
That boy.
那小子很不同凡响,你应该以他为荣
That boy is incredible. And you should be proud of him.
他幽默又善良
He’s funny and kind.
他让每个跟他讲话的人觉得
And he makes every person he talks to feel like
他们是那裡最重要的人
the most important person in the room.
特别是我
Especially me.
我很感谢你的提议
And so, I– I appreciate the offer…
但我不需要任何谢礼
I don’t need anything as a thank-you.
我很好
I’m good.
朗辛参议员 -比尔
Senator Lansing. -Bill.
很高兴认识妳,曼蒂
Very nice to meet you, Mandy.
我也是
You too, sir.
你们有看到 葛兰在舞池跟那个女生接吻吗?
Did you see Graham making out with that girl on the dance floor?
先别动,抱歉 -我真的得称讚他
Don’t move. Sorry. – Gotta hand it to him.
那小鬼很敬业耶 -什麽意思啊?
The kid commits to a bit. -What’s that supposed to mean?
拜託,葛兰从没带女生出席这种场合

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!