快起来,我有个点子
Now, get up. New plan.
妳花很多时间帮我家教 现在换我教妳一些东西
You have spent all this time tutoring me. Now let me tutor you.
不了,我不会打篮球
No, I don’t play basketball.
什麽?妳一定要会
What? You have to.
妳说我们储存记忆时 也会记得当下的情绪
You said that when we store memories, we store the emotion we felt at the time.
妳可不希望我想到心理学时 觉得很伤心吧?
And, well, you don’t want me associating psychology with being sad now, do you?
好,好啦,我来学
Okay, okay. I’ll do it.
不要再做那个表情了
Just stop making that face.
好,我们用来教投球的口诀 有「牛肉」的意思
Okay. So the acronym we use to teach shooting is BEEF.
如果妳吃素,我很抱歉
Now, I’m sorry if that offends you as a vegetarian.
你怎麽知道我吃素?
How did you know I was a vegetarian?
我猜的
Just assumed.
好,「牛肉」
Okay. BEEF.
平衡,双脚与肩同宽
feet shoulder width apart.
眼观,往上看着篮框
up and on the hoop.
手肘,比球低
under the ball.
最后,顺势投球
And, finally, follow-through.
球离手后,把手带出去,让球顺势投出
Keep moving your hand after you release the ball to finish your shot.
有够可悲
Well, that was pathetic.
喂
Hey.
如果我说妳很棒 妳就不会尊敬我这个教练
What? If I said that was good, you would lose all respect for me as a coach.
好,再试一次
Okay, let’s try again.
平衡
Balance.
眼观
Eyes.
手肘
Elbow.
顺势投球
Follow-through.
詹皇降临了吗?
Whoa! Did LeBron just get here?
好,准备好了
Okay, get ready.
我再调整一个地方
Let me just make one more tweak.
妳允许我碰妳的手臂吗?
Do I have permission to touch your arm?
可以
Yes.
把手肘伸出去一点
You flare out just a little bit here.
好,可以了
Okay. You’re good.
看着篮网
Eyes on the basket.
如果妳成功进球 就代表我心理学考试会拿高分
You sink this, it means I’m acing my psych test.
不要有压力
No pressure.
我进了,大家都看到了
I did it! Everyone here saw it.
我是冠军
I leave here a champion!
「葛兰,非常感谢你帮我
“Oh, Graham, thank you so much for all your help.
没有你,我也无法成功」
I-I couldn’t have done it without you.”
谢谢你,你是个好教练
Oh, thank you. You are a good coach.
希望如此,我在活动中心教打球
Well, I’d hope so. I coach at the rec center.
真的吗? -对
Really? -Yeah.
我很荣幸能成为
I am the proud head coach
在西区九岁组夺冠的小斗牛犬队教练
of the nine-year-old West Division Co-Champ Lil Bulldogs.
真的吗?
Really?
我从他们六岁时就开始教他们
I’ve been with them since they were wee six-year-old pups.
真的吗? -可以不要一直很惊讶吗?
Really? -Could you stop sounding so surprised?
我没有在上衣上大肆宣传
Just ’cause I don’t advertise it on my T-shirt,
也不代表我不是好人
doesn’t mean I’m not a good person.
如果一定要眼见为凭,那就跟我来吧
But if you need to see it to believe it, come with me.
什麽?
What?
带球走步
Traveling!
不 -好耶,好棒
No! – Yes! Yes!
做得好
Nice job.
好,你们今天表现得很好
Okay, you guys were amazing today.
所以我要跟你们打赌
So amazing, I’ll make you a deal.
如果我进了这一球
If I make this shot…
下次练习,我就带甜甜圈来
I’ll bring doughnuts to the next practice.
太好了
Yeah.
大家都能吃甜甜圈了
There will be doughnuts for everyone.
妳跳得很高耶 -真的吗?
You got hops. -Really?
才怪,但教练常跟我们说运动精神很重要
No. But Coach always tells us sportsmanship is important.
他说得有道理
Well, he makes a good point.
但说真的,他带来的女生当中 我不算最差的吧?
But, be honest, I’m not the worst girl he’s brought here, right?
他只带过妳来
You’re the only girl he’s ever brought here.
你猜怎麽着? 我週五晚上要去葛兰家帮他家教
Hey. Guess what? I am tutoring Graham at his house on Friday night.
也就是他和朗辛参议员住的地方
Where he lives with Senator Lansing.
等等,就是曼蒂和班 逛书店、看电影、吃鬆饼的週五晚上吗?
Wait. Friday night as in Mandy and Ben’s bookstore-movie-waffle night?
对啊,很糟吧
Yeah, I know. It sucks.
我们得不去书店,看晚一点的电影
We’re gonna have to skip the bookstore and push back the movie.
你生气了吗?
Are you mad?
不会,只要能看到电影就没关係
No. I mean, as long as we can make it to the movie, it’s fine.
不是没关係,是很好
It’s better than fine. It’s good.
哈佛众神在给妳预兆
The Harvard Gods have given you a sign.
妳不能忽视祂们 不然祂们会惩罚妳,要妳去念布朗大学
You can’t ignore them, or they might smite you and make you go to Brown.
拜託不要开这种玩笑
Oh, don’t even joke about that.
我在干嘛?
What am I doing?
嗨 -妳就是曼蒂吧
Hi. -You must be Mandy.
对 -请进
Yeah. -Come on in.
谢谢
Thanks. -Mm-hmm.
终于见到协助我儿子
It’s so nice to finally meet the miracle worker
考B+的神奇救星 真是太好了
who helped my son get a B-plus on his test.
他很骄傲
Oh. -He’s so proud.
甚至把考试♥卷♥贴在冰箱上
He even put it on the fridge.
葛兰?
Graham?
嗨
Hey.
拜託喔,葛兰,把衣服穿上
Oh, for God’s sake, Graham, put a shirt on.
你的家教来了
Your tutor is here.
我马上下来
I’ll be right down.
我很抱歉
Oh. I’m so sorry.
扶养四个儿子让我学到一个道理
Raising four boys has taught me one thing.
他们都以为这间房♥子是个豪华的更衣室
It’s they think this whole house is a fancy locker room.
他有穿裤子算我们幸运
Oh. -We’re lucky he’s wearing pants.
真幸运
So lucky.
要什麽自己来,好吗? -谢谢
Oh. Make yourself at home, sweetie. Okay? -Thanks.
喂?
Hello.
对,我一直都想打给你
Oh, yes. I’ve been meaning to call you.
(哈佛大学) (泰迪朗辛)
HARVARD UNIVERSITY TEDDY LANSING
(美国学术十项全能第三名) (2015年,泰迪朗辛)
National Academic Decathlon 3RD PLACE – TEDDY LANSING 2015
妳找到了朗辛家的名人牆
You found the Lansing wall of fame.
真令人佩服
It’s very impressive.
你哥去比美国学术十项全能比赛吗?
Your brother went to nationals in Academic Decathlon?
泰迪?对,他得了第三名,之后哭了
Teddy? Yeah, he got third place. Cried afterwards.
那你在哪?
Where are you?
但你的奖状呢?
But where’s the real stuff?
例如,受封返校国王
You know, being crowned homecoming king
拿下年度篮球员等等
and winning basketball player of the year or whatever.
是「最有价值篮球员」 那些都不足以挂上这面牆
It’s called MVP. And none of that counts for the wall.
我爸说,这面牆要保留给真正的成就
According to my father, the wall is reserved for actual achievements,
不是愚蠢的球赛或看谁比较受欢迎
not silly games or popularity contests.
他是参议员,他的工作 基本上就是要当上最受欢迎的人
He’s a senator. His job is literally winning a popularity contest.
我也是这样说的
That’s what I said.
现在我只能在牆上挂着我小五毕业的照片
And now I’m stuck on the wall with my fifth-grade graduation picture.
帮我登上这面牆吧?
Let’s go get me on this wall for real, huh?
巴宾斯基反射和莫罗氏反射
The Babinski reflex and the Moro reflex.
没错,今天就这样吧
Correct. And that’s it for today.
看来我们有时间改进妳跳投的姿势
It looks like we got time to work on that jumper.
你们家庭如何?
So, what’s the deal with your folks?
相处愉快吗?
You guys get along?
拿球的人必须回答问题
Person with the ball has to answer the questions.
算是篮球家教的规则
It’s kind of the rule of our tutoring sessions.
好吧
Fine. Uh…
我们相处得还不错 只有一些父母常常做的烦人的事
Yeah, we do for the most part, just normal annoying parent stuff.
你呢? -球不在我手上
You? -I don’t have the ball.
没必要回答妳问题
I don’t have to answer your question.
你跟父母相处愉快吗?
Hmm. Do you get along with your parents?
对,跟我妈很轻鬆
Uh, yeah, with my mom it’s easy.
她会一直讲话,但我爸…
Hmm, she’s a talker, but my dad…
无论我多努力,我都…
No matter how hard I try, I just–