和巅屁孩一起狂灌啤酒吗? -不是
Keg stands with the Everests? – No.
也许吧,我不知道
Maybe. I don’t know.
就连查尔斯和萨诺比雅都过得很充实
Um, you know, it’s like, even Charles and Zenobia do stuff, you know?
他们会去比赛、参加派对、去跳舞
Like, they go to games, and they go to parties and dances.
谁在乎啊?
Who cares about that stuff?
我们都看透了真♥相♥,那些都不重要
You and I know the truth. None of that matters.
等我们离开这裡上大学后 我们才会展开真正的人生
Okay, real life starts once we get out of here and go to college,
到时我们就能发挥影响力
where we get to make a real difference.
对,但不是所有人都能上哈佛
Not all of us are going to Harvard.
有些人会念本州 距离这裡20分钟车程的大学
Okay? Some of us are going to an in-state college, like, 20 minutes down the road
和一半的巅屁孩共处四年
with half the Everests for the next four years,
我们还得一直听他们吹捧
where we’re gonna have to listen to them wax nostalgic
自己风光的高中日子
about their high school glory days.
因为他们只能拿高中来吹嘘
Because high school is all they have.
他们的人生巅峰已经过了 所以才叫「巅屁孩」
Their lives have peaked. That’s why we call them Everests.
但妳从没觉得也许…
But don’t you wanna, just for once, feel like…
也许…
like…
也许怎样?
Like what?
也许这就是我的人生巅峰了?
What if this is my peak?
我没有什麽风光的过往能拿来怀念
I don’t have any glory days to look back on.
好喔,你有点夸张
Okay, that’s a little dramatic.
妳说得倒容易,妳不是不坚普朗基
That’s easy for you to say. You’re not No Nuts Plunkett.
算了,我就点一份鬆饼吧
Forget it. I will order us a waffle.
谢谢
Thanks.
茱莉,妳愿意跟我去毕舞吗?
Julie, will you go to prom with me?
愿意
Yes!
天啊 -好耶,恭喜
Oh, my God! – Yay! Congratulations!
做得好
Good job!
(一起去毕舞吗?)
PROM?
一起去毕舞吗?
Prom?
很好笑喔
Ha, ha. Very funny.
我不是开玩笑
It’s not a joke.
怎麽不是开玩笑?
Why is this not a joke?
你喜欢老套,我就老套一下
You want trite, I give you trite.
但只因为你是我最好的朋友
But only because you’re my best friend. Okay?
不要坐豪华轿车
But no limos.
我也不会花钱做头髮和化妆
I’m not paying for hair and makeup, okay?
我就这样
This is it.
也不准跳慢舞
And no slow dancing.
除了性别薪资落差,我最恨的就是跳慢舞
The only thing I hate more than slow dancing is the gender wage gap.
天啊,我真是受宠若惊
Wow, you really know how to make a boy feel special.
班哲明华特普朗基
So, Benjamin Walter Plunkett,
你是否接受我毕舞邀请的条款和条件
do you accept the terms and conditions of my promposal
并同意这个毕舞契约?
and agree to this prom pact?
曼蒂伊莉莎白杨
Mandy Elizabeth Yang,
我很荣幸
it would be my honor.
谢谢妳,好耶
Thank you. Yes.
没有巧克力豆
There’s no chocolate chips in that.
对,我刚刚点餐时很气妳
Yeah, well, I was mad at you when I put in the order, so…
抱歉
Sorry.
这是庆祝鬆饼,我们要参加毕舞了
It’s a celebratory waffle. We’re going to prom.
(投给詹姆斯朗辛参议员) (为人♥民♥着想的人选)
ELECT – SENATOR JAMES LANSING A MAN FOR THE PEOPLE
(北西雅图高中) (上啊,斗牛犬)
NORTH SEATTLE HIGH GO BULLDOGS!
接下来,我们将访问朗辛参议员
Coming up, a sit-down with Senator Lansing.
我们将在全国公共广播电台 讨论振兴和连任等议题
We’ll talk revitalizing and reelection, today on NPR.
睡得好,人生就更顺利
When you sleep better, you live better.
因此睡错了床垫
Which is why sleeping on the wrong mattress is more
比芒刺在背更糟糕
than just a pain in the neck.
立即进行睡得好测验 了解您最适合什麽样的床垫…
Take our sleep-better quiz to find out which mattress will…
把广播关掉
Turn that off.
妳常说要支持 支持全国公共广播电台的企业
You always say it’s important to support the businesses that support NPR.
我知道,是哈佛,公告更新了
I know. It’s Harvard. It’s updated.
上面写什麽?
What does it say?
(录取状态:候补)
Waitlisted
你走吧,我们七个小时后见
Just leave me here. Uh, I’ll see you in seven hours.
曼蒂 -别说了
Mandy. -Don’t.
没救了
It’s over.
哈佛、唐恩斯博士 拯救世界、我的人生都毁了
Harvard, Dr. Downs, saving the world, my life. It’s all over.
好了,妳是候补,他们没有淘汰妳
Stop. You’ve been wait-listed, okay? You haven’t been rejected.
那没差
It’s the same thing.
哈佛本来是我的归属
Harvard was supposed to be the place. My place.
但他们也不想收我
And they don’t want me either.
现在是在演哪齣?
What am I looking at?
这个难过又淼小的人是谁?
Who is this sad, little person?
这不是我认识的曼蒂
This is not the Mandy I know.
我认识的曼蒂会振作起来
The Mandy I know would get up,
穿着「女人主导未来」上衣走进学校
march into school in her “Future is Female” T-shirt,
她一定会想办法进哈佛
and she would figure out a way to get into Harvard!
拿出那样的态度吧
Be that Mandy.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我得跟妳谈谈
I need to talk to you.
我正在跟别的学生谈 -没关係,我能等
I am with a student right now! -Oh, that’s okay. I’ll wait.
好,我不会追究 但只是因为我不喜欢那个学生
Okay, the only reason I’m gonna let that fly is because I don’t like that kid.
话说… -我在哈佛的候补名单
So– -I got wait-listed at Harvard.
真遗憾
Oh. I’m sorry.
不必遗憾,帮我想办法录取
Don’t be sorry. Just help me figure out how to get in.
曼蒂,我们思考一下
Mandy, let’s take a beat.
也许现在正适合讨论其他大学选项
Maybe it’s finally time to start to discuss backup schools.
以妳的成绩、社区服务和课外活动表现…
You know, with your grades, community service, extracurriculars–
我申请后就忘了,回到重点
They’ve been applied to and forgotten. Next.
好吧,妳得拿到出色的推荐函
Fine. You need a killer letter of rec.
好,真不敢相信我要这麽说
Okay, I can’t believe I’m about to say this,
葛兰朗辛的爸爸可以吗?
but what about Graham Lansing’s dad?
那个毕业于哈佛的参议员? 这点子真好,去问他吧
The Harvard-alum senator? That’s a great idea. Ask him.
我不认识他,我本来希望妳也许认识他
Uh, I don’t know him, but I was hoping maybe you knew him.
我喔?对,我们超麻吉,我来打给他
Oh, me? Yeah, we’re super close. Let’s just call him right now.
陈老师? -安静点
Ms. Chen? -No, be quiet.
我要跟他心电感应
I’m trying to psychically connect with him.
好啦,够了,我懂妳的意思
Okay, stop! You made your point.
我知道请参议员帮妳写推荐函 感觉很厉害又神气
I know that a letter from a senator would seem big and flashy,
但除非妳有特殊的人脉
but unless you have a magic in with him,
不然就找一个了解妳的热忱
get a rec from a teacher who can speak to your passion,
性格和个人特色的老师写
your character, your Mandy-ness.
这是最可靠的方法
That is your best bet.
好喔,懂了,我明白
Yeah, yeah. Totally. Okay, okay.
我完全明白
Uh, I hear you, loud and clear.
看来是不明白
She don’t hear me.
陈老师叫妳去当葛兰朗辛的死党
So, Ms. Chen told you to become BFFs with Graham Lansing
妳才能请他的参议员爸爸 帮妳写推荐函吗?
so you can ask his senator father for a letter of recommendation?
她没说那麽多
Uh, not in so many words.
但你为什麽要抗拒?
But what’s with the pushback?
我以为你想体验充满派对的平庸高中生活
I thought you wanted a banal, party-filled high school experience.
跟葛兰朗辛交朋友就能让你如愿
Hanging out with Graham Lansing can give you that.
我也说过想让手臂变壮 但妳看过我去健身房♥吗?
Yeah, I also said I want arm muscles, but have you seen me sign up for a gym?
再说,妳在操控别人,这不道德
Besides, this is– this is manipulation, okay? It’s unethical.
妳真的要为了推荐函违背妳的价值观吗?
Are you really willing to compromise your values for some letter of rec?
不只是推荐函,事关我的毕生志业
Okay, this is not some letter of rec! This is my life’s ambition.
再说,长久以来 男人都因为比哈佛更不重要的事
Besides, there is a long history of men taking advantage of women
占女人的便宜
for things far less important than Harvard.
我不知道,曼蒂
I don’t know, Mandy.
放我下来
Put me down!
他疯了
He’s crazy.
好,但我们会和所有巅屁孩打交道吗?
Okay, but we would, like, hang out with all the Everests?
大概吧
Probably.
算我一份
I’m in.
就这麽做吧,重现妳的1980年代电影
Let’s do it. Let’s live out this little ’80s movie of yours.
这不是1980年代电影
Okay, this is not an ’80s movie.
在1980年代电影中 茉莉林瓦德爱上了有酒窝的帅哥
In an ’80s movie, Molly Ringwald falls in love with the cute boy with dimples,
无所不用其极要跟他交往,葬送掉未来
going to great lengths to be with him, future be damned.
在我的电影裡,茉莉林瓦德爱上哈佛
In my movie, Molly Ringwald falls in love with Harvard,

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!