we go to prom together.
什麽?
What?
班普朗基
Ben Plunkett,
你愿意跟我一起去毕业舞会吗?
will you go to prom with me?
准备好了
Get ready.
是怎样?
What the hell?
好,准备好录影
Okay. Get ready to record.
她不知道
She has no idea.
是毕舞邀请吗?不
A promposal? No!
别走
No.
曼蒂,只有妳能点亮我的世界
♪ Mandy, you light up my world Like nobody else ♪
妳帮我家教的方式让我招架不住
♪ The way that you tutor me Gets me overwhelmed ♪
妳为人♥权♥发声的模样好性感
♪ Your fight for human rights Makes you hot as hell ♪
曼蒂
♪ Mandy Oh, oh, oh ♪
妳愿意跟我一起去毕舞吗?
♪ Will you go to prom with me? ♪
好吗?
So?
答应他…答应他
Say yes! Say yes! Say yes!
班
Ben.
葛兰刚邀我去毕舞
Graham just asked me to prom.
菈托雅刚刚也邀了我
LaToya just asked me to prom.
太好了
That’s great!
难道不好吗?
Why isn’t that great?
我说我要跟妳去,所以她气坏了
Well, when I told her that I was going with you, she was pissed.
但妳告诉葛兰时,他怎麽说?
But, uh, what did Graham say when you told him?
妳没告诉他吗?
Uh… -You didn’t tell him?
妳答应他了吗?
You said yes?
两天前晚上,妳才在我车裡哭
Two nights ago, you were crying in my car
说葛兰朗辛在利用妳,他脚踏两条船
telling me that Graham Lansing was using you and that he had a girl on the side.
我知道,但我误会了
I know. I know. But I was wrong about all of it.
她是在帮他准备毕舞邀请
She was helping him plan the promposal.
我的毕舞邀请
My promposal.
你就告诉菈托雅发生了什麽事
So just tell LaToya what happened.
妳要我告诉菈托雅 妳有舞伴了,所以我能跟她去吗?
What? You want me to tell LaToya that you got a date, so now I’m free?
这样最好会很顺利,妳是怎样,曼蒂?
Yeah, that’ll go over real well. What the hell, Mandy?
好,冷静点
Okay. Calm down.
不,不要叫我冷静
No! Don’t tell me to calm down!
是妳邀我的,我们约定好 还拍过两次手背
You asked me to prom! We had a pact! We freaking double-tapped it!
我知道,我…我很抱歉
I-I know. I know, and I’m– I’m sorry.
妳很抱歉?妳很抱歉啊,我怎麽感觉不到
Oh. Oh, you’re sorry? You’re sorry. I– I did not realize you were sorry.
完全没关係,算了
Well, then it’s totally cool. Forget about it.
曼蒂,我应该是妳最好的朋友
Mandy, I am supposed to be your best friend.
我不是妳生活变得一团糟时 用完就丢掉的工具人
I am not some doormat for you to wipe your feet on when your life falls to crap.
妳真的喜欢葛兰朗辛吗?真的吗?
Do you even like Graham Lansing? Do you?
还是妳只是又要请他父亲 帮妳写申请哈佛的推荐函?
Or is this all part of your con to get a letter for Harvard from his father?
其实我根本不在乎,我不在乎了
You know what? I– I don’t even care. I don’t, just–
好好去当巅屁孩吧,曼蒂
Have fun being an Everest, Mandy.
曼蒂,过来,我想让妳看个影片
Hey, Mandy. Come here. I wanna show you this video.
妳真的喜欢葛兰朗辛吗?
Do you even like Graham Lansing?
还是妳只是又要请他父亲 帮妳写申请哈佛的推荐函?
Or is this all part of your con to get a letter for Harvard from his dad?
其实我根本不在乎
You know what? I– I don’t even care.
好好去当巅屁孩吧,曼蒂
Have fun being an Everest, Mandy.
我可以解释 -不必了
No, I can explain. -You don’t need to.
我爸离开前,我逼他写了
Made my dad write it before he left.
葛兰… -妳真的很厉害,曼蒂
Graham– -I gotta hand it to you, Mandy.
完全骗倒了我
You played me perfectly.
妳甚至让我相信没有条件
You even had me convinced there wasn’t a catch.
我真的是原始人
I really am a Neanderthal.
(祝妳好运) (曼蒂)
Best of luck Mandy
关于你们的事
We do not wanna take sides
我们不想选边站 -对
in this whole thing. -No.
你们俩都是我们的朋友 我们知道情况很複杂
You’re both our friends, and we know this was a complicated situation.
但我们邀请了班来乐队练习室 跟我们一起吃午餐
But we did invite Ben to eat with us in the band room.
我们不该放他一个人,因为他根本没错
He shouldn’t be alone ’cause he didn’t do anything wrong, you know?
但重申一次,我们没有选边站
But, again, we are not taking sides.
还撑得住吗? -很难
How are you holding up? – Barely.
我之前说妳得请参议员帮妳写推荐函
Um, you know when I said that you needed an in with the Senator,
妳知道我不是要妳跟他儿子交往吧?
you know I didn’t mean in his son’s pants, right?
发生什麽事了,曼蒂?
So, what happened, Mandy?
我假借家教之名接近他 才能请他爸写推荐函
Well, I used tutoring to get close to him so I could get the letter.
曼蒂,我知道时间很近,毕舞就是这週末
Hey, Mandy! I know it’s short notice ’cause it’s this weekend,
但我爸在老人中心工作
but my dad works at the senior center,
我在想,如果他帮妳写推荐函
and I was wondering, if he writes you a letter of recommendation,
妳愿意跟我去毕舞吗?
will you go to the prom with me?
但一切都变了
But things changed.
感觉变了
Feelings changed.
但一切都毁了
But that’s ruined.
包含我和班的友谊
As is my friendship with Ben.
(严禁坚果)
NUT-FREE ZONE
他和菈托雅刚萌生的情愫
As is whatever he had with LaToya.
我现在成了全校人人唾弃的人
And now I am officially the Hester Prynne of our school.
然后…
And then…
还有这个
…there’s this.
妳要寄过去吗?
Are you gonna send it in?
我一定要寄,是哈佛耶
I have to. It’s Harvard.
什麽都比不上哈佛
There’s nothing that beats Harvard.
还是有?
Is there?
几个月前
A few months ago,
我会说哈佛大学是杨曼蒂的人生中 最重要的事
I would have said that Harvard is the most important thing in Mandy Yang’s life.
但现在呢? -如果妳还没寄过去
But now? – If you haven’t mailed it in,
也许代表妳有其他更重要的事
maybe there are other things that are more important to you now.
我该怎麽办?
What do I do?
我没办法告诉妳 但我会支持妳所有的决定
I can’t tell you that, but I support any decision you make.
谢谢妳
Thank you.
私底下而已,大家现在都要跟妳切割
Just not publicly. You’re kind of poison right now.
妳应该离开
Hey, you should really leave.
可以帮我转交给他吗?
Will you give him this? For me?
告诉他我很抱歉
Tell him I’m sorry.
我做了那些事
For everything.
好
Okay.
葛兰
Graham.
范海伦的《喷发》 -对
“Eruption.” Van Halen. -Yes!
妳怎麽知道?
How did you know?
因为我了解我的男人
Because I know my man.
只要你这样,我就知道是《喷发》
And whenever you go… …I know it’s “Eruption.”
我能开车走吗?
Can I take the car?
钥匙在架上
Uh, keys are on the hook.
妳要去哪? -毕业舞会
Uh, where are you going? -Prom.
跟谁去? -大概自己去吧
With who? -Maybe no one.
再见
Bye.
她要去毕业舞会 -毕业舞会
She’s going to the prom! -The prom!
好耶
Yes!
回家吧,曼蒂
Go home, Mandy.
等等…等等
Wait! Wait, wait, wait.
拜託听我说完
Hear me out. Please.
我搞砸了,大错特错
Yeah, I screwed up. Majorly.
我对你呼来唤去
I took you for granted,
让你觉得我不重视你
and I made you feel like you weren’t a priority in my life,
我很抱歉
and I’m sorry.
但无论我们的未来会怎样
But wherever our futures take us,
我需要知道,你是我最好的朋友
I need to know that you’re my best friend.
更重要的是
And, more importantly,
我也要让你知道,我是你最好的朋友
I need you to know that I’m your best friend.
所以我想问你一个问题
Which is why I just have one question for you.
班…班,班普朗基,普朗基…普朗基
♪ Ben, Ben, Ben, Ben Plunkett, Plunkett, Plunkett, Plunkett ♪
毕…毕
♪ P P P P ♪
业…业
♪ R R R R ♪
舞…舞
♪ O O O O ♪
会…会
♪ M M M M ♪
跟我…一起去?
♪ With me, me, me, me? ♪
妳要搞多久?
Uh, how long does this go on for?
播放清单很长