北西雅图高中
North Seattle High…
誓师大会开始了
…it’s pep rally time.
一同高声欢呼吧,斗牛犬
So let’s get loud, Bulldogs!
(哈佛大学)
HARVARD UNIVERSITY
(我的申请) (杨曼蒂)
MY APPLICATION Mandy Yang
(录取状态:审查中)
Pending
毕业舞会委员会 也会宣布今年的毕业舞会主题
The prom committee’s also going to announce this year’s prom theme.
太讚了
Oh, yeah!
(斗牛犬)
BULLDOGS
《舞会契约》
Prom PACT
准备好嗨翻天
It’s about to get crunk!
现在以热烈掌声欢迎北西雅图高中的骄傲
Now, give it up for the pride of North Seattle High,
我们的冠军队伍,斗牛犬
your championship team, Bulldogs!
斗牛犬到来,百战不败
We are the Bulldogs, and we’re here to fight!
斗牛犬团结起来 -我爱死了
Bulldogs unite! – I love it!
加油、上吧、夺胜
Go, fight, win!
葛兰就在那,他来了
There’s Graham. There he goes!
(为街友捐款)
DONATIONS FOR THE UNHOUSED
(失物招领)
LOST & FOUND
斗牛犬,大家一起来,斗牛犬,斗牛犬
Bulldogs! Come on, everybody! Bulldogs! Bulldogs!
杨曼蒂,妳在干嘛?
Mandy Yang, what are you doing?
我们已经讨论过了
We’ve been over this.
妳不能翘掉誓师大会 到失物招领处偷东西
You cannot skip pep rallies to steal from the lost and found.
陈老师,我没有偷东西 我要把东西捐出来
Ms. Chen, I’m not stealing. I’m donating.
好,好吧 -为赢家鼓鼓掌
All right. All right, fine. – For the win! Give it up!
希望妳开心了
I hope you’re happy.
我是高中辅♥导♥老师
I’m a high school guidance counselor.
我永远都不会开心
I’m never happy.
妳该不会想逼我看完誓师大会吧?
You’re not gonna actually make me sit through that thing?
没错
I am.
妳看
Oh, look at that.
看来我有时候还是会开心的
I guess I am happy sometimes.
好啦
Fine.
看得开心
Have fun!
上啊,斗牛犬,加油…加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, go, go.
上啊,斗牛犬,上啊,斗牛犬,加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, Bulldogs, go!
上啊,斗牛犬,加油…加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, go, go.
上啊,斗牛犬,上啊,斗牛犬,加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, Bulldogs, go.
上啊,斗牛犬,加油…加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, go, go.
(金丝雀超烂)
BOOO! THE CANARIES
上啊,斗牛犬,上啊,斗牛犬,加油
Go, Bulldogs. Go, Bulldogs, go!
好耶,上啊,斗牛犬
Whoo! Go, Bulldogs.
认真吗,班? -怎样?
Really, Ben? -What?
所有斗牛犬好吗?
How we doing, Bulldogs?
我说,所有斗牛犬好吗?
I said, how we doing, Bulldogs?
很好
There ya go.
我们继续以掌声欢迎 篮球队长十号♥队员葛兰朗辛
Now, let’s keep it going for your team captain, number ten, Graham Lansing!
所有斗牛犬好吗?
How we doing, Bulldogs?
我说,所有斗牛犬…
I said, how we–
开玩笑的,我不会这样说,太老套了
Just kidding, I’m not gonna do that. That’s corny as hell.
不是针对你,莫斯勒校长
No offense, Principal Mossler.
算你厉害
Ah, you got me!
我就是这样,学得好
I do that. He got me.
真是个好孩子 -好…
Great guy. – Okay…
为什麽大家一直要把葛兰朗辛
Why do people insist on treating Graham Lansing
当成篮球金童一样来对待?
like he’s some sort of golden god?
因为他就算是啊
Well, because he kind of is.
拜託,他只是个爱用灿烂微笑和男性优势 养尊处优的白♥痴♥
Please. He’s just an entitled dumbass who uses his nice smile and male privilege
一直失败却越爬越高 最后成为巅屁孩之王
to fail upwards and become king of the Everests.
曼蒂,别一直看巅屁孩不顺眼
Whoa, Mandy, let’s chill with the Everests, okay?
大家都很期待这一刻
And now, for the moment we’ve all been waiting for,
我们将揭晓今年的毕业舞会主题
the reveal of this year’s prom theme.
让我们一起欢迎…
So please join me in welcoming…
大概只是老派的裙带关係
It’s probably old-fashioned nepotism. -Hmm.
学生会会长菈托雅雷诺斯
…class president, LaToya Reynolds.
葛兰朗辛的爸爸是参议员 所以大家都不会跟他计较
People let Graham Lansing get away with murder because his dad is a senator.
大家准备好了吗?
Are you guys ready?
我们应该要求他对自身行为负责…
We should be holding him more accountable–
可以…闭嘴,安静
Can we just– Shut up, shut up.
菈托雅快要宣布毕舞主题了
LaToya is about to announce the prom theme.
毕舞主题是什麽?
What’s the prom theme?
你想听毕舞主题,就叫我闭嘴吗?
Did you just tell me to shut up so you could hear the prom theme?
其他人也想听,我只是要注重礼貌
Other people wanna hear it, okay? I’m just being polite.
下鼓声
Drumroll, please!
毕业舞会主题是…
The prom theme is…
1980年代
the ’80s!
发生什麽事了?
What is happening?
天啊
Oh, my God!
是毕舞邀请
It’s a promposal.
不是预演
This is not a drill, people!
♪ Promposal ♪
♪ Promposal ♪
(一起去毕业舞会吗?)
PROM?
♪ Promposal ♪
葛兰朗辛,你要邀请我去毕舞吗?
Graham Lansing, are you asking me to prom?
什麽?不…不,裘蒂
What? N-N-No, no, no, Jodi.
是我,妳的男友欧文要邀妳一起去
Me, Owen, your-your boyfriend, is asking you to prom.
超尴尬
Epic fail.
当然好,没关係
Oh. Yeah, sure. That’s fine.
拜託
Dude!
她答应了
She said yes.
大家一起为今年第一个毕舞邀请鼓掌吧
Let’s hear a round of applause for the first promposal of the year!
很好
Okay, everyone.
刚刚真好
Ah, that was great.
有点尴尬
Little awkward.
好,大概五分钟后就要上课了 大家快解散吧
All right, we got about five minutes to get back to class. Now, everybody out!
我要回♥教♥职员休息室喝蔓越莓汁 大家走吧
I’m gonna hit the faculty lounge for a cranberry juice! Let’s go.
陈老师 -妳怎麽来了?
Ms. Chen. -What are you doing here?
我逼妳去誓师大会,所以妳要惩罚我吗?
Is this my punishment because I forced you to go to the pep rally?
我申请哈佛的结果还没出来
Look, I’m still pending at Harvard,
我只是好奇,也许妳有听到什麽消息?
and so, I was just wondering if maybe you’d heard anything?
曼蒂,事情不是这样…
Mandy, it doesn’t work–
是哈佛大学
Oh, it’s Harvard.
喂?
Hello?
嗨,对,曼蒂就在这裡
Oh, hi. Yes. Mandy’s right here.
你们要给她全额奖学金?
You wanna give her a full ride?
还有荣誉博士学位?
And an honorary doctorate?
天啊
Oh, wow.
谢谢,哈佛先生,谢谢你打来
Thanks, Mr. Harvard. Thanks for calling.
我马上转告她
I’ll let her know right away.
我之后再解释,亲爱的
I’ll explain later, honey.
那不是哈佛,是妳的妻子 -不是
That wasn’t Harvard. That was your wife. -No, it wasn’t.
是哈佛先生打来的
It was totally Mr. Harvard.
不好笑 -哪会
It’s not funny. -It is.
妳笑不出来是因为妳超级焦虑
You just can’t see it because you’re so tightly wound.
「超级焦虑」
“Tightly wound.”
妳知道我为什麽超级焦虑吗?
Huh. Do you want to know why I’m so tightly wound?
糟糕,妳又要高谈阔论了吗?
Oh, no. This is a speech again, isn’t it?
因为哈佛是全世界最棒的大学
Because Harvard is the best school in the world.
我的英雄,发展经济学家 英格唐恩斯博士也念哈佛
And Harvard is where my hero, development economist, Dr. Ingrid Downs went.
她还是哈佛大学的终身职教授
And Harvard is where she is a tenured professor.
因为研究如何减缓全球贫穷的 两届诺贝尔奖女性得主唐恩斯博士
And Harvard is where Dr. Downs, a woman who has literally won two Nobel Prizes
也会在哈佛大学
for her work reducing global poverty,
教导像我这种 一心想要改善世界的年轻女性
mentors young women like me who wanna change the world for the better!
所以如果我因为哈佛的入学审核超级焦虑 真是不好意思喔
So, please, forgive me if I seem a little tightly wound when it comes to Harvard.
不好意思,我没听到学校的名字 是「哈嗝斯」吗?
I’m sorry. I didn’t catch the name of the school. Is it “Hergerds”?
很好笑喔
That’s funny.
曼蒂,其他大学也能提供妳优良的教育
Mandy, there are other colleges where you can get an amazing education.
例如哪间?达特茅斯吗?
Like where? Dartmouth?
出去
Get out!
什麽?那我要怎麽成为 唐恩斯博士最爱的学生
What? How am I supposed to become Dr. Downs’ favorite student
她还会带去参加联♥合♥国♥的女力经济赋权…