这个姑娘啊 她实在太可爱了
and this girl, this girl, oh she is lovely.
她说罗伯特应该履行诺言 已有所属
She says Robert has to do his duty, he’s already spoken for.
他正在量身订做自己的礼服
And he’s being measured up for his suit,
但看得出来他根本心不在焉
but you can tell his heart’s not in it,
因为他脑海里想的全都是
cos all the while he’s thinking about
那些马和那个马厩姑娘
the horses and the stable girl.
所有人都在教堂等着他
So they’re all waiting for him in the church,
父老乡亲都来了
all hoi polloi.
但问题是 马丁
But the thing is, Martin,
这个女公爵 她仅仅是想利用罗伯特
this duchess, she only wants Robert
来刺♥激♥她真正喜欢的那个人
to spite the fella she’s really after.
最终女公爵发现
And then towards the end she finds out
马厩姑娘对罗伯特一往情深
that the stable girl has designs on Robert,
而在那之前 姑娘的独脚父亲去世了
but before that, the father with the one foot dies,
他死前告诉罗伯特要坚持本心
and he says to Robert “Follow your heart”.
于是女公爵解雇了马厩姑娘
And then the duchess gives the stable girl her marching orders,
她收拾好自己的行李
and she packs her things,
外面一辆马车等着 这是个悬念
there’s a pony and trap waiting outside,
她上车之后问
and she gets in, she says,
你知道我们去哪儿吗
“Do you know where we’re going?”
车夫转过头
And the driver turns round,
正是她的心上人罗伯特
and if it isn’t your man Robert.
他说我要带你去一个
And he says I’m taking you to a place
没人能再伤害你的地方
where no one can hurt you anymore.
这结局我可怎么也猜不出 马丁
Well, I didn’t see that coming, Martin, not in a million years.
有惊喜确实很不错
It’s nice when there’s a surprise.
听起来真的引人入胜
Sounds like a real page-turner.
可以借你看啊
You can borrow it.
不用了
That’s OK.
没关系 我已经读完了
No, no. I’ve just finished it now.
我也差不多算读了一遍了
Well, I feel like I’ve almost read it.
《拖鞋和马蹄铁》
The Slipper And The Horseshoe.
这还是个系列丛书呢
Oh, there’s a series of them.
您要香槟还是巴克鸡尾酒
Champagne or Buck’s Fizz?
-不用了 谢谢 -我也不用 谢谢
– No, thank you. – No, thank you.
免费的
It’s free.
那个 我来一杯霸克鸡尾酒
I say! I’ll have a Buck’s Fizz!
谢谢
Thank you.
这真好 马丁
This is lovely, Martin.
瑞安航♥空♥什么都要钱
You have to pay for everything on Ryan Air.
-他们可没那么高档 -干杯
– Well, they don’t have top class. – Sláinte!
马丁
Martin!
埃里克斯 别来无恙
Alex, how are you?
部门一别后就再没见过你
Not seen you since you left the department.
我都准备给你打电♥话♥了
I was gonna call you, actually.
还把我当朋友吗
Still friends?
当然
Absolutely.
希望你知道不是我拖你下水的
Listen, I hope you didn’t think I dropped you in it?
不用在意 时局混乱 难免的
Don’t worry about it honestly, the fog of war.
是啊 难免误伤自己人
Yeh, collateral damage.
你这是要去哪儿 采访大选吗
So what are you up to? Off to the primaries?
-是啊 是啊 -不 他是在帮我找…
– Yes, yes. – No. He’s helping me look…
我只是…我们只是…
I’m just… We’re just here…
这是个情感故事 新闻报道
It’s a human interest story. Journalism.
祝你好运 我该回去了
Well, good luck with it. Listen, I better scoot back.
好的
Ok.
抱歉 马丁 我们是不是该装作不认识
I’m sorry, Martin. Should we pretend we don’t know each other?
没事 我以前的同事罢了
No, no, no, it’s… He’s just someone I used to work with.
他是个政♥治♥顾问 我见了都躲着走
A spin doctor. I’m trying to avoid them.
那边是头等舱吗
Is that First Class in there?
这工作就这好处
It’s a perk of the job.
坐头等舱不代表
Just because you’re in first class,
你就是头等的人
doesn’t make you a first class person.
他还行吧
He’s all right.
我看他就一脸欠抽样
I think he needs a good swipe of shite.
或许你说的对
Yes. You’re probably right.
女士们先生们 欢迎来到华盛顿杜勒斯机场
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Washington Dulles Airport.
华盛顿庭院酒店
马丁 他们在你的枕头上放巧克力了吗
Martin, did you have a little chocolate on your pillow?
放了 是的
Yes. I did. Yes.
-西半球的人真是浪漫 是吧 -是啊
– How the other half lives, eh? – Yes.
-瞧这景色啊 -是啊
– Would you look at the view! – Wow. Yeah.
我那屋只能看到空调管道
Mine is of the air condition ducts.
档案室的卡洛琳打来的 我得接一下
It’s Caroline from the records office. Better get this.
喂
Hello!
那只是猜想
Well, that’s conjecture, guess work.
靠谱的猜想 把清单发过来吧 我再…
Good guess work. Send over the long list, then I can sort of…
马丁·劳伦斯打算当卧底
Martin Lawrence is going undercover.
很好 很好 明早联♥系♥
Great. Fabulous. I’ll talk to you in the morning.
好的 再见
OK. Bye-bye.
要不要出去散个步 调调时差
Shall we go for a walk, get rid of the jet lag?
你不是说想看看林肯纪念堂吗
You said you wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial?
我们可以去看林肯先生
Well, we can go to see Mr. Lincoln.
或者 看会儿电视也不错
Or, we could watch, on television,
《绝地奶霸》
Big Momma’s House.
讲的是一个黑人小伙子
It’s about a little black man
扮作一个肥胖的黑人老妈子
pretending to be a fat black lady.
我以前在电视上看过片段
They’ve just showed some of it on the television.
他们所有人追着他跑
And they’re all chasing after him.
简直乐坏了 马丁
It looked hilarious, Martin.
他多伟大啊
Isn’t he wonderful.
我一直想看看他坐在这张大椅子里的样子
I’ve always wanted to see him in his big chair.
他本来就是个身材高大的人
Well he was a, he was a big man.
确实高 6.4英尺 最高的美国总统
Literally. Six foot four. Tallest American president.
看得出 他坐着就很高
Well, you can see that. He’s tall even sitting down.
我有个朋友的女儿为庆祝她七十大寿
I had a friend whose daughter paid for her to go to Florida
送她去佛罗里达州玩
for her seventieth birthday.
她告诉我
She said to me,
菲 那里的饮食份量足到不可思议
“Phil, the size of the portions you wouldn’t believe”.
你站过去 我给你拍张快照好吗
If you just go… Let’s just take a quick picture, see.
-站到那条线后面去 -是报道用的吗
– You just stand by the line. – Is this for the article?
对 再往后点
It is. Go back little further.
我只是有点担心
Only I’m a little bit worried, you see,
如果我们找到他了
because if we find him,
他可能很不赞成把这件事登报
he might be very disapproving of talking to the papers.
家事可是很隐私的
Families are very private things.
好吧 站回那边
Alright, go and stand by there.
没错 确实很隐私
That’s true, they are very private,
但为了找到他可花了不少钱
but then tracking him down’s a rather expensive business,
这该算作是一种等价交换 对吧
and so it’s sort of like a quid pro quo, isn’t it?
什么意思
What does that mean?
就是一物换一物
It literally means this for that.
不过不用担心
But don’t worry.
我不会写任何让你不快的内容
I won’t write anything you’re unhappy with.
我只想实话实说
I just want to tell the truth.
我担心的就是这个
That’s the thing I’m worried about.
我该笑还是该严肃点
Should I smile or should I be serious?
拍一张开心些的 一张不那么开心的
Let’s do one happy, one not so happy.
想到离真♥相♥越来越近 我就越发担心
I’m getting scared now we’re getting closer.
这些年我日思夜想 安东尼会不会遇到麻烦
All these years, wondering whether Anthony was in trouble,
或者身陷牢笼
or in prison,
或者遇到什么别的意外
or goodness knows what.
但只要我还不知道
As long as I didn’t know,
我就可以告诉自己
I could always tell myself
他在某处安居乐业 过得很好
that he was happy somewhere, and that he was doing all right.
但他如果在越南战死了怎么办
But what if he died in Vietnam?
或者在战争中失去双腿
Or came back with no legs,
或者流落街头
or lived on the street.
别自寻烦恼
Don’t upset yourself.
对未知的事谁都无能为力
We don’t know what we don’t know.
该来的 坦然面对就是了