You could only leave if you pay them a hundred pounds.
我上哪儿去弄那么多钱
But where would I get that kind of money?
再说 我又能去哪呢
And where would I go?
那一天的情形 我记忆犹新
I remember that day so clearly.
我们都知道 一辆大车到来意味着什么
We all knew what it meant when a big car arrived.
凯丝琳伤心欲绝
Kathleen was inconsolable.
她知道这次他们是来接走玛丽的
She knew this time they’d come for Mary.
不要 不要 不要
No, no, no, no.
离开那儿
Come away from there!
你在这外面做什么
What are you doing out here?
我肚子疼 希尔德加德修女
I had a stomach ache, Sister Hildegarde.
来例假了
It’s my time of the month.
又不是只有你会来例假
Well, you’re not unique in that regard.
专心工作 自然就会好了
Put your mind to your work and it’ll pass.
菲 该去唱诗班练习了
Phil, it’s choir practice.
不去会有麻烦的
You’ll be in trouble if you don’t go.
平常我是很喜欢唱歌♥的
Normally, I loved to sing.
那是我在那里为数不多的乐趣之一
It was one of the only things I enjoyed at that place.
但我满脑子都想着可怜的凯丝琳
But all I could think about was poor Kathleen.
-菲洛梅娜 他们要带走安东尼 -不 不
– Philomena, they’re taking Anthony. – No, no.
-他们要把他带走了 -不
– They’re taking him away. – No.
他在哪儿
Where’s he?
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
他们本来只想接走玛丽
They’d only come for Mary,
但是安东尼不肯让她离开自己的视线
but Anthony wouldn’t let her out of his sight.
他们难舍难分
They were inseparable.
她们对你太残忍♥了
I think what they did to you was evil.
我不喜欢这个词
No, no, no. I don’t like that word.
残忍♥这词用得好
No, no, evil’s good.
我是说 对故事而言
Story-wise, I mean.
有的修女人很好
Some of the nuns were very nice.
当时是臀位分娩
It was a breech birth.
她们连止痛药都不给她吃
They wouldn’t even give her any painkillers.
很好
Excellent.
还是对故事而言
Again, story-wise.
我们能不能找这些修女聊聊
So, can we go and talk to these nuns?
可以试试
Yes, we could try.
也许你能比母亲走运一些
Maybe you’ll have more luck than Mum’s had.
这些年来我打听过好几次他的去向
I’ve been several times over the years to ask where he was.
她们很乐意帮忙
And they’re very helpful.
她们不像以前那样了
They are not like they used to be.
她们说会努力帮我找他
They said they’d try and trace him for me.
但还是没找到
But they haven’t?
没
No.
你能帮我找到他吗 马丁
Can you help me find him, Martin?
这个故事很有意思
Well, it’s an very interesting story.
这样吧 马丁
Do you know, Martin?
下周我要带母亲去爱尔兰待几天
I’m taking mum to Ireland next week for a few days.
你要不要和我们一起过去
Why don’t you come along with us
和她一起去罗斯克雷看看
and you can visit Roscrea with her?
对了 车里完全坐得下
Oh yes, there’s plenty of room.
是一辆沃克斯豪尔骑士[通用家用车]
It’s a Vauxhall Cavalier.
不用 我是说 谢谢
Oh no, I mean, thank you.
但我更喜欢乘飞机
But I… I like to fly.
你们好 抱歉 我来晚了
Hello, sorry I’m late.
你好 马丁
Hello, Martin.
租来的车开着有点小问题
I had a little bit of trouble with the hire car.
真不错 是吧 简
Well, this is lovely, isn’t it, Jane?
-上车吧 -我明白你为什么
– There you go. – I can see why you
不愿跟我们挤一辆骑士车了
wouldn’t want to squash up with us in the Cavalier.
不不 不是因为这个
No. No. It wasn’t that.
我有些别的事要办
It was… I just had a few things to do.
你真的不需要我陪吗 妈妈
Are you sure you don’t want me to come with you, mum?
你不跟我们一起吗
You’re not coming?
对 我跟简说我们自己去就好了
No, I told Jane we’ll be fine on our own,
就我们俩
just the two of us.
可以吧 马丁
Isn’t that right, Martin?
是啊 没问题
Yeah. That’s fine.
我在你包里放了点吃的 今晚见
I’ve put a few things in your bag. I’ll see you tonight.
-谢了 马丁 -没事
– Thanks, Martin. – OK.
这是什么车
What kind of car is this?
宝马
BMW.
德国车啊
That’s German.
来颗图恩糖吗[来一曲吗] 马丁
Would you like a Tune Martin?
要是我哼一曲 你会弹奏吗
If I hum it, will you play it?
不是 你要来颗图恩糖吗
No, would you like a Tune?
好的 我…
Yes. I’m just…
谢谢
Thanks.
会带来好运
For good luck.
我一直觉得
I’ve always thought that
圣克里斯多福不算个真正的圣徒
Saint Christopher was a bit of a Mickey Mouse Saint.
我以前做过祭台侍者
I used to be an altar boy.
你相信上帝吗 马丁
Do you believe in God, Martin?
从何说起呢
Well, where do you start.
我一直觉得这是个很复杂的问题
I’ve always thought that it was a very difficult question
无法简单地回答
to give a simple answer to.
你觉得呢
Do you?
也是
Yes.
罗斯克雷圣心修道院
你还好吧
You all right?
还好
I’m fine.
我算是比较幸运的 马丁
I’m one of the lucky ones, Martin.
有些产妇和孩子
Some of the mothers and babies
都没能挺过分娩这一关
didn’t even survive the childbirth.
需要帮忙吗
Can I help you?
我是菲洛梅娜·李
I’m Philomena Lee.
有预约
I made an appointment.
是的 请进 菲洛梅娜
Yes. Come in, Philomena.
这是我朋友马丁·西克史密斯 《十点新闻》主播
And this is my friend Martin Sixsmith, News At Ten.
是BBC新闻 不过现在已经不干了
Well, it’s BBC News, actually, but not any more.
-你好 -你好
– Oh, hello. – Hello.
克莱尔修女一会就来
Sister Claire will be with you shortly.
谢谢
Thank you.
能用下洗手间吗
May I use the bathroom?
在楼下
It’s down stairs.
我知道在哪
I knew where it is.
两位来杯茶吗
Would I get you both some tea?
好的 多谢
Yes, thank you.
希尔德加德修女肖像 1957年10月
芭芭拉嬷嬷与希尔德加德修女
罗斯克雷修道院外 1962年
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
安东尼
Anthony!
你好
Hello!
你好
Oh, hello.
我是克莱尔修女
I’m Sister Claire.
你好 我刚才在看简·曼斯菲尔德的照片
Yes, hello. I was just admiring your picture of Jayne Mansfield.
不 那是简·罗素
No. That’s Jane Russell.
简·曼斯菲尔德是金发那位
Jayne Mansfield was the blonde one.
没错 她们都很火
Yes, of course. I mean they were both very big.
我是说 她们两位都很成功
I mean the two of them, they were huge.
她们的事业
Their careers.
哪位死于车祸来着