I should never have let him out of my sight.
我们只需要去找皮特·奥尔森聊聊
We just need to talk to Pete Olssen.
有什么可以帮您吗
Can I help you?
你好 我想约见一下皮特·奥尔森
Hello. Yes, i’m trying to set up a meeting with Pete Olsson.
您之前来过电♥话♥吧 先生
I believe you’ve called before, sir.
是的 我打过几次电♥话♥
Yes, I’ve called a couple of times
但是没人给我回电
and no-one’s calling me back.
所以我有点处处碰壁的感觉
So I feel like I’m hitting my head against a brick wall.
我们解释过 奥尔森先生没时间处理这件事
We have explained Mr Olsson is too busy to deal with this matter.
-是的 是的 -所以我无法帮您接通…
– Yes, yes. – So, I am unable to put you through…
但我觉得 如果你把他的个人号♥码给我
Right, but I think if you give me his personal number
他不会有意见 真的
I think he’ll be OK with that. I really do.
-我不能给个人号♥码 -我明白
– I can’t give out personal numbers. – Yes, I know.
但我不明白他为什么不肯抽出一个小时来
But I don’t understand why he won’t meet with Philomena
见见菲洛梅娜
for just an hour.
-谢谢您 再见 -这又不是…
– Thank you. Goodbye. – I mean, it’s not a…
菲洛梅娜 你还好吧
Philomena, are you alright?
抱歉 先生 无人接听
I’m sorry, sir, there’s no answer.
她不可能独自一人出去
She wouldn’t have gone anywhere by herself.
也许没什么大事
It’s probably nothing
但她年纪大了 又是爱尔兰人
but she is really old and Irish.
她是您的亲戚吗
And she’s a relative?
如果不是 我不能给您开门
‘Cos I can’t let you in unless she’s a relative.
是 她是我母亲
Yes. She’s… my mother.
门房♥
Concierge.

Phil?

Mum?
有人吗
Hello?

Mum?
原来你在这啊
There you are!
怎么了
What’s the matter?
我到处找你
I wondered where you were.
你母亲现在没事了吧
Is your mother okay now?
-没事了 谢谢 -好的 先生
– Yes, thank you. – Okay, sir.
我得说你是我母亲 他才肯给我开门
I had to say that to get him to let me in.
你怎么把阳台的门关了呢
You shouldn’t have the balcony door shut
这样你就听不见敲门声了
if you can’t hear the door to your room.
我只是躲在这哭一会 没别的
I was just having a little cry, that’s all.
好吧
Right.
那你可以进来了吗
Are you going to come back inside?
你不会以为我要从阳台上跳下去吧
You didn’t think I was going to jump off the balcony, did you?
当然没有
No, of course not.
你联♥系♥上皮特·奥尔森了吗
Did you get through to Pete Olsson?
只联♥系♥上他的办公室 他不在
Just his office, he… he wasn’t there.
他是不想见我 对吧
He doesn’t wanna see me, does he?
有些人无法面对过去
Some people have a problem dealing with the past.
不是说你
Not you, though.
但我相信 他一定会想明白的
But I’m sure… I’m sure he’ll come around.
你的车在等着了
Your chariot awaits.
我叫了辆黄色的
I got it in yellow.
马丁 我有话要跟你说
Now, Martin, there’s something I want to say to you.
我做了个决定 我心意已决
Now I’ve made a decision and my mind’s made up.
无论你说什么都不能改变我的决定了
Nothing you can say is going to change it.
我非常感谢你为我做的一切
I appreciate very much everything you’ve done for me,
感谢你对我的照顾
and thank you for looking after me,
我对酒店 食物 和其它的一切都很满意
and I’ve loved the hotels, the food and everything,
但事情的发展和我的预期并不相同
but it isn’t working out the way that I wanted it to.
所以我觉得我们明天应该
So, tomorrow I think we ought to
坐上飞机直接回英国
get on a plane and go straight back to England.
就这样 就这么结束了吧
There it is, now that’s an end to it.
你别想着说些俏皮话
Don’t try and change my mind
来改变我的主意
by saying all those clever things about this and that,
就因为你上过牛桥 而我没上过
just cos you went to Oxbridge and I didn’t.
萨莉·米切尔来电
我上的是牛津
I went to Oxford.
牛桥是牛津和剑桥的合成词
Oxbridge is a portmanteau of Oxford and Cambridge,
就是把这两个词拼在一起
where two words are joined together.
我才他…我才不在乎这些呢
I don’t give a shi… shiny shoe about any of that.
对我来说都一样
It’s all the same to me.
我认为我们明天应该去见皮特·奥尔森
I think tomorrow we should go and visit Pete Olsson.
你要去就自己去
You can go on your own,
我可不打算大老远跑过去
’cause I’m not prepered to go all that way
听别人教训我 说我不在乎安东尼
to hear someone else tell me I didn’t give two hoots about Anthony,
说我抛弃亲生骨肉之类的话
and that I abandoned my child and all the rest of it.
这是什么
What’s that?
-什么 -杯子边上这个
– What? – On the side of the glass.
-哪个 哪个 -这里 这个
– What? What? – There. This.
这是个凯尔特竖琴
It’s a Celtic harp.
所以我觉得我该回家 操心我自己的事
So I think I should go home. I should mind my own business.
在电视上看看大卫·爱登堡[BBC知名自然节目主持]
I want to watch David Attenborough on the television
我就很开心了
and I’ll be happy with that.
那个是什么
And what’s that?
那是个凯尔特竖琴
That’s a Celtic Harp.
如果他这么不在乎自己从何而来
Why would someone who cared so little about where he came from,
怎么会佩戴如此有爱尔兰特色的东西呢
wear something so Irish?
没准他弹竖琴呢 他可是同性恋啊
Well, perhaps he played the harp? He was gay.
他不弹竖琴
He didn’t play the harp.
到了
Well, there is it.
我就给不了他这样的生活
I could never have given him a life like this.
看啊 马丁 一辆红色马自达小跑
Oh, look, Martin, a little red Mazda.
就是他 他就是皮特·奥尔森
That’s him – that’s Pete Olssen.
再见
See you.
我们现在怎么办
What do we do now?
登门拜访
We doorstep him.
什么意思
What’s that?
这是难缠的记者
It’s what nasty journalists do
想采访一些不愿接受采访的人时
when they want to speak to somebody
采取的对策
who doesn’t want to speak to them.
我去去就来
This shouldn’t take long.
皮特·奥尔森吗
Pete Olssen?
哪位
Yes?
我是马丁·西克史密斯
I’m Martin Sixsmith,
我和菲洛梅娜·李一起来的
I’m here with Philomena Lee,
她是你已故伴侣迈克尔·赫斯的母亲
the mother of your late partner Michael Hess.
等一下
Wait.
我可以就问你一个问题吗
Can I just ask you one question?
你可以把脚从我门缝里移走吗
Can you get your foot out of my door?
你好 你好
Hello? Hello?
先生 请你离开 否则我就叫警♥察♥了
Sir, you can leave or I’m calling the police.
抱歉 我没能帮上忙
I’m sorry. I haven’t been very helpful.
没关系 至少你试过了
Never mind, at least you tried.
你要干吗
What are you doing?
在这等着
Wait here.
离我家远点 不然我就…
Get off my property or I’ll…
我只想跟你聊聊我儿子
I just want to talk to you about my son.
他从我身边被夺走
He was taken from me.
从那之后我一直在找他
And I’ve been looking for him ever since.
迈克尔·A·赫斯
1952年7月5日出生
1995年8月15日去世
你看他呀 马丁
Would you look at him, Martin.
等一下
Wait.
怎么了
What?
怎么了 出什么事了
What? What’s wrong?
他去过爱尔兰
He went to Ireland.
他去了罗斯克雷
He went to Roscrea?
是的 我带他去的
Yeah, yeah, I took him.
他是去找你的 菲洛梅娜
He was looking for you, Philomena.
那个修女 我在罗斯克雷见到过她
That nun, I saw her at Roscrea.
希尔德加德修女
Sister Hildegard.
她现在年纪更大了 但肯定是她
She’s older now but it was definitely her.
她们一直跟我说不知道安东尼的下落
They always told me they didn’t know where Anthony was.
可她们跟我们说 她们找不到你

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!