然后
弗吉尼娅 就会出现了
And then the –
Virginia will appear.

Oh.
该死的眼泪
Now the goddamn tears.
[ Chuckling ]
你继续吧
Keep me up all night.
我不得不在我妻子的面前告诉你我爱你
I have to tell you I love you
in front of my wife.
现在你却哭了
Now we getyour goddamn tears.
得了吧,曼尼
[David]Aw, come on, Manny.
That’s too strong.
好吧
All right.
戴维 我想和她谈谈
David, I want to talk to her.
等在外面 好吗?
Wait outside, will ya?
好的
Okay.
我不是为你难过
I’m not sore at you.
进来
[Sarah ]
Come on in.
我自己造了个酒吧
喝一杯?
I have a barset up.
How about a drink?
– 不,谢了
– 不要推辞了
– No, thanks.
– Oh, come on.
喝一点吧
Loosen up a little.
Have a drink.
不,我不想喝酒
No, Thank you.
I don’t want one.

Sit down.
要叫服务吗?
Should we call room service?
– 你不饿吗?
– 不,谢谢
– You’re not hungry?
– No, thanks.
你真的多少岁?
How old are you really?
我有耐心
I’m trying to be patient.
How old are you, hmm?
我65
I’m 65.
多少岁?
How old are you?
你不说实话,你就不能接我的戏了
Well, ifyou can’t sayyour age,
then you can’t accept my play.
我认可自己的年龄
I accept my age.
– 你为何不能念我写的台词?
– 听好 莎拉
– Why can’tyou read my lines?
– Listen, Sarah.
每个剧作家都写她自己的故事
Every playwright
writes a play about herself.
你写的是关于变老的
You’ve written a play about aging.
– 我不是和你同龄
– 你的年龄是多少?
– I’m notyour age.
– What is your age?
扮个老女人的确是我的问题
I am aware that, uh, playing an olde rwoman is part of my problem.
我没有幻想自己是个青春少女
I have no illusions about being a teenager.
但在舞台上 你要
弗吉尼娅闪着耀眼的光彩
But on stage, you have Virginia having hot flashes.
我没有这些东西,但我也没到更年期
I don’t have hot flashes. I’m not going through menopause.
我不会再扮老奶奶了
I’m not ready to play grandmothers yet. You know, you’re very clever.
如果对那个拿手,我的生涯就被限制了
IfI’m good at this part, my career is severely limited.
– 限制?
– 一旦你在某段戏中
– Limited to what?
– Onceyou’re convincing in a part…
– 让观众接受了你
– 什么?
– the audience accepts you as that.
– As what?
年老的人
As old, that’s what. Old.
– 你想退出吗?
– 不
– Areyou gonna quit?
– No.
我在寻找一个能不会受年龄影响的方法
来演这个角色
I’m looking for a way to play this part
where age doesn’t make any difference.
年龄很无趣 令人绝望
Age isn’t interesting.
Age is depressing. Age is dull.
年龄什么都不是
Age doesn’t have anything to do with anything.
莎拉,我没有丈夫
Listen, Sarah, I don’t have a husband.
我也没有家庭 这就是我
I don’t have a family. This is it for me.
我把自己踢出演出
I mean, I get my kicks
out ofacting.
如果你能让某个人
Ifl can reach a woman sitting in the audience…
认为那个无名小子能演任何东西
who thinks that nobody
understands anything…
并且我的特质已经完全被接受了
and my character goes through
everything that she’s going through…
我觉得那才是真好
I feel like I’ve done a good job.
你觉得演老人没有力度?
You think that anyone who’s old
can’t be vulnerable?
我不是这个意思
That’s not what I’m saying.
那你是什么意思?
Well, what are you saying?
我18岁,什么都能做了
When I was 18,
I could do anything.
我的情感随着外表流露
My emotions were
so close to the surface…
我觉得什么事都是容易的
I could feel everything easily.
但现在 –
But now –
多年后 –
This is years later –
再演出
Plays later.
Years later.
结果呢?
So, what’s the answer?
我在想那个死去的女孩
I have this dead girl.
那个死于事故的女孩
You know. You remember that kid
that was in the accident.
她 –
She’s, uh –
她是那样的坦诚 –
She’s so open. She’s –
她-
She’s really –
在情绪上,她超越了所有的一切
She’s reallyjust on top
of everything emotionally.
她 –
She’s –
她让我想起 –
She reminds me –
你说你想这个女孩
You said you have this dead girl.
是什么意思?
What does “”have” mean?
她在这里?在屋里?
Is she here now? In this room?
晚安 莎拉
Good night, Sarah.
戴维?
David?
-我在等你
– 我和 莎拉在一起
– I’ve been waiting foryou.
– Oh, I’ve been with Sarah.
请你喝一杯吧
I thought I’d buyyou a drink.
我太累了 戴维
I’m so tired, David.
[Phone Ringing]

Hello?
[ Ringing ]

Hello?
我现在不能见你
No, I – I can’t seeyou now.
我不想见你 我有约了
– I don’t want to see you. I’m with someone.
我很担心
I’m very concerned.
[Door Opens ]
只要有人陪你
Well, as long as somebody’s going to be with you…
我就放心了
I’ll say good night.
– 晚安
– 晚安 戴维
– Good night.
– Good night, David.
默特尔 天哪
Myrtle, for Christ’s sake!
– 你要证明什么?
– 给我
– What the hell are you trying to prove?
– Give me.
你要证明什么?
你演的就像小学生!
What areyou trying to prove?
You’re acting like some grade school theatrical kid, for Christ’s sake!
每个人都爱你
Everybody loves you.
-你很厉害
-我是什么?
-You’re a super, high-priced professional.
-I’m what?
– 冷静
– 我是什么?
– Now, calm down.
– Huh? I’m what?
– 冷静,好吗?
– 我是什么
– Calm down, will you?
– What am I?
我不知道是什么
I don’t know what the hell it is.
她是什么?
一个白日梦?
What is she?
A political fantasy?
一个莎拉失败的形象
A -A farustrated vision
ofaSarah’s own inability?
对这场戏真的没什么好说的了
对这个女人我也无话可说
I don’t know anything about this play.
I don’t know anything about this woman.
我告诉我妻子 “”桃乐茜
我不知道这出戏是关于什么 ,,
I told my wife tonight. I said, “”Dorothy,
I don’t know what this play is about.”
– 我不知道这个女人在干吗
– 曼尼 曼尼
– I don’t know what this woman is about.
– Manny, Manny.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!