We didn’t say nice things to grace, did we?
麦可
Michael?
你迟到了
You’re late.
对不起
I’m sorry.
可以走了吗
Can we go now?
可以跟葛丽丝和茱蒂道歉 说下次不会了吗
And can you say sorry to grace and to Judy for not being nice?
对不起
Sorry.
没关系 麦可
It’s OK, Michael.
别担心 总是 有点难
Don’t worry about it. It must be… difficult.
再见 茱蒂
Cheers, Judy.
谢谢你 葛丽丝
And thank you, grace.
谢谢你 葛丽丝
Thank you, grace.
好客气 麦可 随时欢迎你来 好吗
You are welcome, Michael. And you come again anytime you want, OK?
走了 再见 学校见
– Come on. See you. – See you at school.
要去认识更多新朋友吗
Are we gonna see any more new friends?
今天不
Not today.
绑上安全带
Put your belt on.
爸
Daddy.
什么
What is it?
看到什么 它不动了
– What did you find? – It doesn’t go.
金龟子喔 麦可
It’s a beetle, Michael.
死了
It’s dead.
走不动了
It can’t walk anymore.
让它动
Make it go.
不行 它死了
I can’t. It’s dead.
金龟子死了 身体就不会动了
When a beetle dies, its body doesn’t work anymore.
不会走 不会吃 也不会玩耍
It stops moving. And eating. And playing.
为什么
Why?
因为
Because…
因为跟所有动物植物一样
Because like all the animals and the plants,
所有生物都一样
all the living things,
出生然后快乐过一生
it was born and lived a happy life…
然后 变老然后死掉
and… then it got old and it died.
死掉后 留下身体
And when it died, it left its body behind,
它的脚 它的头 它的肚子 都空了
its wee legs, its head, its tummy, all empty.
但金龟子不在这里了 只
But the beetle really isn’t there anymore, it’s…
只剩下身体
It’s just its body.
它会难过吗
Is it sad?
不会 麦可 它不会难过 它
No, Michael, it’s not sad, it’s…
它 他就是不在这了
It’s, It’s just not there.
冰淇淋 冰淇淋
– Ice cream! – Ice cream!
第一名的爹
嘿
Oi!
我不是付钱给你还睡觉的
I’m not paying you to sleep up there.
你忘了擦窗缴
You missed that corner.
老板 这扇窗还没开始擦
Sir, I haven’t started on this one yet.
不知还能说什么
Don’t know what there was to recommend.
下次不用来了 兄弟
First and last time. Won’t have you around again, mate.
省省吧 我也不是你兄弟
No risk of that. And I’m not your mate.
是啊 不过是个窗户擦不干净的傲慢窗户清洁工
Right, just an uppity window cleaner who can’t clean fucking windows.
嗨 露
Hi, lu.
待会见
See you later.
你长大了可以自己来
Sure, you’re old enough to do this yourself.
不会割到手
And without cutting your fingers.
有时小孩一吵架 就躲进房♥间
Sometimes the children fight, hide in their rooms.
有时会从学校蹦蹦跳跳回家
Yeah, but then the same child will skip through the door from school,
紧握着刚刚赢得的数学奖
you know, clutching a prize that they’ve just won for maths…
然后你知道做对了
and you know you’ve done something right.
我以他们为荣也很感谢有这荣幸
I’m so proud of them and grateful for the privilege…
跟这些年轻人一起生活
of sharing our lives with such incredible young people.
真的 爸 汤姆也是
Really, dad, even Tom?
汤姆也是 尤其是汤姆
Yes. Even Thomas. In fact, especially Thomas.
爸说的没错 还记得他怎样吗
Dad is right. Do you remember what he was like?
妈 可以走了吗 要迟到了
Mum, can we go now? I’m gonna be late.
弗雷迪 麻烦去拿你的东西 放在车上
Freddy, can you get your stuff together, please, and put it in the car?
这次别又忘了带书 我马上来
Make sure you don’t forget your boots this time. I’ll be there in a minute.
谁把空罐子放冰箱
Who put the empty carton back in the fridge?
弗雷迪
Freddy!
妈 弗雷迪穿我的鞋
Mum, Freddy’s taken my boots.
妈 迟到了 来了
– Mum, I’m late. – Coming.
我能说什么呢 约翰
I mean, what can I tell you, John?
对我来说 对他们的感觉没有什么不同
To me there’s no difference in the way I feel about them.
不管是亲生的还是领养的
The birth children and the adopted ones.
孩子是我自己的 所以爱他们就像我自己的
My children are me own so I love them as me own.
他 会是最后一个
And he’ll, he’ll be our last one.
是啊 如果上帝希望这样
Oh, yeah, but if it’s god’s wish,
他将是我们家最后一份子 可以这么说
then he will be the last one to join our wee family, so to speak.
他也会得到
And he’ll be loved…
我们全部的爱
By all of us.
对吧 比利
Right, Billy?
妈
Mum!
我请客
That’s on me.
谢谢
Cheers.
可以的话明天再来 或星期五
Come back and do them tomorrow if you can, or Friday.
明天吧 雨应该会停
Tomorrow. It should’ve settled by then.
又一天泡汤了 早知道躺床上
Another wasted day. I should’ve stayed in bed.
原本以为有了孩子会改善情况
I hoped a baby would’ve made everything OK,
但 孩子出生六个月后
but, er… six months after he was born,
他买♥♥了回俄♥罗♥斯♥的票走了
she bought a ticket back to Russia and she left.
一去不回
She just left.
没留下地址
Didn’t even give us a fonnarding address.
不管她在哪 都不知道她错过了什么
Wherever she is, she has no idea of what she’s missed out on…
还有这个可爱的小男生渐渐长大
and the lovely wee man he’s grown into.
这也不是她的错 是
Well, it wasn’t her fault. She…
是我没法满足她想要的
Here I just couldn’t give her what she wanted.
她太想念老家
She missed her country too much.
事实是 我不是她想要的
The truth is, I wasn’t what she wanted.
但是 当我知道这个[快死了]
But, er… when I was told about, you know…
或许她可以
I thought maybe she could, you know…
哪天
Maybe one day…
帕克太太解释过了 已经来不及了 约翰
As Mrs. parkes explained, it really is too late, John.
就算能找到她
Even if we were able to trace her,
委员会也不能评估情况
the council would have no way of assessing the situation…
我们不能冒险伤及麦可的权益
and we couldn’t risk Michael’s wellbeing.
约翰
John…
把握眼前 好吗
One day at a time, yeah?
一定可以的
We’ll get there.
早安 约翰
Good morning, John.
抱歉让你久等
I’m sorry for keeping you waiting.
还好吗 约翰
How are you, John?
你说呢
You tell me.
约翰 我们理解你想帮你儿子找到最好的
John, we realise you want the best for your son.
真的 相信我
We all do. Believe me.
你的情况很特殊
And your circumstances are exceptional.
所以我们用特殊的方式来处理
Which is why we’re treating this in an exceptional way.
但做决定前能考虑的家庭有限
But there’s a limit to the number of families we can consider before taking a decision.
这是我们的责任 知道吗 这些家庭都不错
This is our responsibility, you understand? And these are all good families…
我了解 但你不能要求我
I know. I do understand. But you can’t ask me to…
我
I…
我以为第一次见到他们
I thought I would, you know, know when I first saw them.
我就会知道 要或不要
I thought it would be simple. No, yes.
这些不行 他们可以
Not these. That’s them.
但要是我错了呢 就是 要是我
But what if I’m wrong? You know, what if I…
我要确定 当然
– I need to be sure. – Of course.
不能登广♥告♥吗 或贴在商店橱窗上
Can’t we just put an A.D. in the paper? In a frigging shop window?
因为需要经过核可的程序
Because they’d still need to go through the approval process…
时间也快不够了
and we’re running out of time.
车应该好了
She should be fine.
或许你想想换组新轮圈
You might want to think about getting a new set of wheels on her.
但是 原来的还很新
But she’s, er… she’s as good as new.
只 只算碟盘
That’s… just for the discs.