– No. – Yes.
不是的
No.
我可不买♥♥账
I don’t believe that.
为什么你不打算当艺术家了
Why’d you give up on becoming an artist?
因为我太愤世嫉俗了 当不了艺术家
Because I’m too cynical to be an artist.
我认为要成为好的艺术家需要
I think that to be really, really good,
发自内心的想法 还要心无旁骛
you have to come from
而我不确定自己有没有这个心
someplace inside that I’m just not sure I have.
你低估自己了
You underestimate yourself.
你知道吗
Do you know that?
爱德华
Edward, um,
你愿意和我回家吗
will you come home with me?
-你好直白 -是啊
– Well, that’s a bit forward. – Yeah.
我没想到得州富家女会是这样的
It’s not what I’d expect from a Texas debutante.
富家女都很放荡不羁的 所以…
Well, you know all debutantes are sluts, so…
-你也是我的初恋 -我知道
– And you were my first crush too. – I know.
我们收到一起来自奥佐纳市的报案
We got a report from Ozona.
昨晚有人和你一样在高速路上受到骚扰
Someone else harassed on the highway last night just like you.
不介意的话 我们想收集你的指纹
If you don’t mind, we could use your fingerprints.
我的
Mine?
车的后备箱处有很多指纹
There’s just a bunch of prints on the trunk of the car.
这么做有利于我们分辨指纹
It could help us sort ’em out.
-还有些事 -怎么了
– There’s something else. – Yeah?
我们找到了死亡原因
We have the cause of death.
你妻子死于颅骨骨折
Your wife had a fractured skull.
她可能受到榔头或棒球棍的猛击
She was probably struck with a hammer or a baseball bat,
应该被击中一两次后就不行了…
probably just once or twice, so…
而你女儿则经历了长时间的折磨
Your daughter had a much more difficult time.
她死于窒息
She was suffocated.
手臂也骨折了
She also had a broken arm.
她们都被强♥奸♥了
And they had both been raped.
事实证明关于那辆房♥车 你说得没错
It turns out you were right about that trailer, too.
怎么回事
How?
那些混♥蛋♥把你们带去那里后
Those fellas, they took your folks in there,
正如你所想
just like you thought.
你怎么知道的
How do you know that?
我们在床柱发现了你妻子的指纹
We found your wife’s fingerprints on the bedpost.
-那是谁的房♥车 -车主是无辜的
– Whose trailer is it? – It’s clear.
他不住这附近 他在埃尔帕索
Guy doesn’t even live here. He’s in El Paso.
房♥车被撬了 有人一直住在里面
Trailer’s been broken into. Somebody’s been living in it.
那地方到处都有指纹
There’s prints all over the place.
我们要把指纹和车主的进行比对
We’re gonna have to check ’em against the owner’s,
看看能否筛选出凶手的指纹
see if we can separate ’em out.
-好吧 -我有信心会有收获
– Right. – I’m hopeful, though.
自去年秋天以来 车主就没用过车了
The owner hasn’t been there since last fall, so…
还是有希望的
Looks promising.
希…
Prom…
希望
Promising?
为什么你之前不告诉我
Why didn’t you tell me this before?
你打算离开纽约
You’re actually gonna leave New York,
搬去奥斯汀市 上他妈的得州大学
move to Austin and go to the goddamn University of Texas?
为什么你要这么做
Why are you doing this?
这个选择的结局是什么
I mean, where is this gonna go?
你这么问是什么意思
What do you mean, where is this going to go?
我会嫁给爱德华 这就是结局
I’m going to marry Edward. That’s where this is going to go.
这场对话太荒谬了
This is a ridiculous conversation.
-你太小了 还没到结婚的年纪 -是吗
– You’re too young to get married. – Really?
妈妈 去年夏天
Mom, last summer you tried
你就劝我嫁给巴斯了
to convince me that I had to marry Bass.
那不一样
That is different.
你和巴斯门当户对
Bass is your equal.
天啊 真不敢相信你竟然说出这种话
Oh, my god. Did you just say that? You really just said that.
这种话你居然真的说的出口
That came out of your mouth. That’s…
为什么你总把我想得那么坏
Why do you always think the worst of me?
我不是那个意思
That is not what I meant.
我想说的是 你太刚强
What I meant is that you are very strong-willed,
虽然爱德华贴心 但他对你来说太软弱了
and Edward, as sweet as he is, he’s too weak for you.
我不觉得爱德华软弱
Weak is not a word that I would use to describe Edward.
我觉得他是生性敏感
Sensitive is a word that I would use,
而我绝不会把”生性敏感”这个词
which isn’t a word I would
用在我们家的任何人身上
use to describe anyone else in this family,
除了库博以外
except maybe Cooper.
别扯上库博
Don’t bring Cooper into this.
抱歉
Sorry.
得了吧 苏珊
Come on, Susan.
我知道你认为我们的追求不一样
I know you think that we don’t care about the same things,
但你错了
but you’re wrong.
不出几年 你眼中那些
In a few years, all these bourgeois things,
市侩庸俗之事
as you so like to call them,
会变得非常重要
are gonna be very important to you,
而在这方面 爱德华无法满足你
and Edward’s not gonna be able to give them to you.
他没钱
He has no money.
他没决心 没野心
He’s not driven. He’s not ambitious.
而我可以保证 如果你嫁给了爱德华
And I can promise you, if you marry Edward,
你父亲也绝不会再满足你的金钱欲望了
your father’s not gonna give them to you either.
你说得没错 他的确没有
No, you’re right. He’s not driven
你眼中的所谓决心
the way that you would like him to be.
但他很坚强
But he is strong.
在很多方面 他比我强大得多
He’s stronger than I am in a lot of ways.
他的力量只是有点与众不同而已
Just… He just has a different kind of strength is all.
“与众不同的力量”
“A different kind of strength.”
那是哪门子的力量
And what kind of strength is that?
他坚定地相信着自己
He has the strength to believe in himself
也相信我
and believe in me.
苏珊
Susan,
你可以继续和他交往
keep seeing him if you have to,
同居也行
live with him,
我不在乎
I don’t care,
但别嫁给他
but do not marry him.
我明白你喜欢爱德华什么
I understand what you see in Edward.
我懂
I get it.
-不 -不 等等 我懂
– No. – No, wait, I do.
-不 你不懂 -我懂
– No, you don’t. No, you don’t. – Yes, I do.
他很浪漫
He is a romantic.
但也很脆弱
But he is also very fragile.
他父亲去世时 我看到了他的脆弱
I saw that when his father died.
别…
Don’t…
别嫁给他
Don’t do this.
你会后悔的
You’ll regret it.
而且最后你只会伤了爱德华
And you’ll only hurt Edward in the end.
你曾经深爱的优点会变成你痛恨的缺点
The things you love about him now are the things you’ll hate
过几年就会这样
in a few years.
你也许没意识到
You may not realize it,
但我们比你认为的要相似得多
but you and I are a lot more alike than you think.
不 你错了 我们完全不同
No. You’re wrong. You and I are nothing alike.
是吗
Really?
等着瞧吧
Just wait.
我们最终都会变成自己母亲的样子
We all eventually turn into our mothers.
亲爱的爱德华
我读了你的小说 令人悲伤 我深受感动 文字很美
我很愿意周二晚上和你见个面 不知你是否方便
爱你的苏珊
-哪位 -托尼·黑斯廷斯吗
– Yeah? – Tony Hastings?
是的 你是哪位
Yes. Who is this?
我是罗伯托·安德
Roberto Andes.
我给你发了邮件 你收到了吗
I’ve sent you an email. You get it?
收到了
Yes.
是这个人吗
Well, you recognize the guy?
-不是 -该死
– No. – Shit.
见鬼 你确定吗
God damn it. You sure?
确定 整件事我只有模糊的记忆
Yeah. The whole thing’s just a blur.
你车上全是他的指纹
Well, his prints are all over your car.
房♥车里也有他的指纹