那你就根本进不了国家美术馆了
so you can’t get into the National Gallery.
结果 某个人做了个决定
So, someone else has made the decision –
我们这儿是马拉松终点的绝佳场所
we’re a great place for the end of a marathon.
那真是 我们被告知这必定会发生了
That’s… And now we’re told it’s going to happen anyway.
我想参与决定
Well, I want to be involved in the decision as to whether
是否国家美术馆是马拉松终点的合适场所
the National Gallery is the right place for ending a marathon.
而我并没有参与 另外某个人直接做了这个决定
And I’m not. Instead, someone else is making that decision –
我们要把马拉松的终点设在国家美术馆
“We’re going to end the marathon in front of the National Gallery.”
然后 我们就被告知 既然这是既定的了
And then we’re told, “Since it’s going to happen anyway,
而且没人能进的了国家美术馆
“and no-one will be able to get into the National Gallery,
那我们能不能 放一张巨型照片来展示告知
“can we, in fact, have a marvellous photo opportunity to show that,
国家美术馆就是关于运动救援的了
“in fact, the National Gallery is all about Sport Relief?”
我的意思是 而且你提到了 选中的慈善机构
I mean… And, also, you say, “chosen charities”,
但谁来负责选
but who’s going to choose them?
我对国家美术馆被用作慈善用途可是有
I do have a hell of a lot of requests for
各种各样一大堆的要求
the use of the National Gallery for charitable purposes.
另外一个相关的问题
One problem with this is also, you know,
是 我们是在用一个慈善机构
the whole question of a charity –
它的设施及所有
erm, which we are –
来为另一个慈善机构办活动
using its facilities and everything, for another charity.
这会让投资者们很困扰吧
Which trustees would be very concerned about.
而且 这也是我们的困扰
And, you know, it’s always a worry of ours that…
每次人们问他们是否可以在国家美术馆
You know, when people have asked if they can have charitable events
举办慈善活动的时候 我们总是
within the National Gallery, and we’ve always…
我们不举办 但是我们会用横幅出现在背景里
We don’t do that, but we appear in the backdrop, with our banners,
不管你喜不喜欢
like it or not.
而且 那只是伦敦的一部分
And that’s just part of the London…
那就是地标的一部分
That’s part of that landmark.
所以
So…
这个比赛 我猜 会在特拉法加广场结束
This race, I imagine, WILL end in Trafalgar Square.
嗯 而且我
Erm… And I…
你完全可以想象那镜头
You know, you can imagine the footage.
一个人向着特拉法加广场跑去的镜头
The filming of an individual running up towards Trafalgar Square,
向着北边的房♥子
to the north terrace…
而我们会出现在背景里
We’ll be in the backdrop.
我只是觉得国家美术馆作为一个整体
I just feel that the National Gallery as a whole…
它结束了整个广场的结尾
It closes the whole end of the square.
所有这些正举♥行♥的活动 所有已计划好的事
And all these events are going on, all these things are being planned,
我们却并没有正确参与
without us being properly involved.
而我们总是在最后一刻 说
And all we say is, at the last minute, you know,
这反正都是要发生的 所有我们能不能就直接用它呢
“Well, it’s going to happen anyway, so can we just use it?”
吉尔 你
Gill, you’re…
是的 我认为我们应该用这个
Yes, and I think we should use this,
格雷格和我会回威斯敏斯特
and Greg and I go back to Westminster,
用这个作为
and just use this as an example
他们应该和我们讨论的范例
of things that they have to talk to us about,
那样 我们可以和他们更好合作
so we’re much more joined up with them.
我们需要在这方面更注意点
We need more notice on this.
所以我认为 我们应该把此作为行动点
So I think we should pick that up as an action point.
如果你能支持的话 -我绝对支持
If you support that. – I totally do, yes!
而且这也能成为一个很好的范例
And it would be a good example to be able to quote.
嗯 我比较赞同朱莉 我们刚开始听到这个的时候
Erm… I supported Julie when we first heard about this,
因为我认为这样的曝光是有用的
because I thought the exposure is fantastic,
而且这也很亲民 这可以实实在在帮我们走进一亿八百万的群众中去
and it is very populist, it actually gets us to 18 million people,
所以这会是一个好的联盟
and it is therefore a good association.
但我现在的担心是 显然
And my only concern in this is that, obviously,
这在慈善机构中开了一个先例 它也确实
it is setting a precedent in terms of charities. So, it does,
在一定程度上 和慈善机构有关
in associating with charities, to a degree…
那是我仅有的烦恼了
That was the only struggle I’ve had with it.
如何 真正拒绝其他组织
How to, then, actually say no to other organisations.
然而 在此之前 我们可以直接拒绝
Whereas, before, we could be very cut and… Very cut-and-dry on it.
但 除此之外 如果你们能绕开那个问题
But, outside of that, if you’re able to get round that,
或者认为我们可以与之联♥系♥在一起 这只会有这一次
or felt that we could associate with it, and it was a one-off,
之后我们不会一直这么去做的话 那我认为这是可以去做的
and that we’d not do this as a habit, I think it could be quite doable.
我不会 在这么早的阶段 就开始考虑这些问题
I mean, I would’ve thought, at this relatively early stage,
当我们决定 我们是想要这么去做之后
we’d be at a point where, if we wanted to do it,
我们可以来和他们合作 那么我们是真正在使之可行化
we could work with them. So we actually make it possible.
如果这只是半小时长的一个面试而已
So if it’s only a half-hour shot of an interview,
或许 其中一个能让门廊打开
and maybe one can keep the portico open
让人们从另外一个地方进入
by having people directed through a different way…
我认为 如果我们相信这个能成功 那么我们就能实现它
I mean, I think, if we believed in it, we could make it happen.
你能明切说出国家美术馆
And could you articulate what you think the National Gallery
从这中获得什么吗
gets out of it?
我认为获得的是一个
I think it’s an associa…
我认为 事实上 因为我们只宁愿出现在神坛上
I think it’s, actually, because we do appear rather on our pedestal,
字面上 同时也实际上
physically and literally,
这确实是一个方法 去称为大众文化的一部分
it’s actually a way to be there and seem to be…part of common culture.
而且 运动救援有一大批拥护者
And Sport Relief has a massive following,
对于国家来说 它也是很重要的一环
and is very much for the nation, as it were.
所以 它代表了
Therefore, it is associating with something that gives
许多民众的极大愉悦感 这就是我如何将之合理化的
a lot of pleasure to a lot of people, is how I would rationalise it.
但 我理解在慈善机构中做如此先例是很困难的
But I accept it is quite difficult in setting precedents with charities.
我们的确收到了许多 许多问题要求
We do get many, many requests.
我认为 他们寻求的
I think what they’re looking for is either a no,
原则上 要么就可以 要么就是不行
or a yes, in principle.
如果原则上是可以的
If the answer is yes, in principle,
那么我们可以 吉尔和我 或者随便谁
then we can – Gill and I, or whomever –
可以想办法改进它
work to shape that so that,
如果我们认为之后我们会需要从中获得更多 如果你想的话
if we think we then need to get more out of it, if you like,
我们可以那么做
we can be doing that.
是否把此作为一个声望 或者事实上 资金上来说
Whether that’s in terms of profile, or, actually, financially, as well.
好 那中国的新年呢
OK, what about Chinese New Year?
为什么我们不参与进去
Why shouldn’t we be involved in that?
我是说 你会答应做中国的春节吗
I mean, would you say yes to Chinese New Year?
就声望而言
Well, you don’t have quite the same rationale
你没有差不多的理论了吧
in terms of profile, do you?
这是个提高声望的好事
It’s a profile-raising thing.
这和其他正在举办的活动不一样
It’s different from other events that are happening,
光想想你能因为得到的宽度
simply because of the breadth of the reach you’d get.
一个标准会是
Well, one criterion would be
多少万人会真正看它
how many millions are going to be actually watching it?
我认为暗示
I think it would be dangerous to suggest
我们会获得多少人的关注 对我们本身来说不太好
that we’re going to be able to get a lot of coverage, per se.
但 另一方面来说
But on the other hand,
如果我们认为 我们每一个合作对象
if we feel that, as per our corporate objectives,
我们想被认为更值得接近
we want to be seen as more approachable
在金钱方面
in the bank-positive sense,
这是一个实现的方法 每年半小时
it is one way of doing it, for half an hour, once a year.
嗯 -所以 如果我们说 -这有点意思
Mm. – So, you know, and if we said… – That’s interesting.
这不是我们 -这是有意思的一个观点 吉尔
..it’s not something we… – That’s a rather interesting one, Gill.
每年半小时 那可以作为我们的一个围墙
Half an hour every year… That’s going to be one of our fences.
哦 不 -不不不 说真的
Well, no… – No, no, no, seriously!
我们可以说 我们会每年考虑一个
We might say we will consider one thing a year
支持某项国家赞同
that supports something that is loved by the nation
且兼具大众喜爱的活动的项目
and compatible, and for everyone.
这是可以合理化的
One could rationalise that.
然后 我们就可以决定 如果某年没有类似的机会
And then we’d decide, if there wasn’t an opportunity on certain years,
我们就不做了
we wouldn’t do it.
如果这会妨碍大众 那我们也不做
And we wouldn’t do it if it causes a lot of disruption to our public.
但如果那个项目并不会
But if there’s something that’s not going to,
而且我们可以和运动救援合作
and that we can work with Sport Relief
来减少对大众的妨碍
to make it minimum disruption to our visitors…
我们来谈谈这个 稍微谈谈 这个所谓的妨碍
Let’s talk about that, for a bit – the disruption.
因为我们聚在一起 都
Because we sat round this table and we were all sure
非常确定 我们和哈利·波特的合作 会成功
that we were going to work with Harry Potter, to make it work.
而事实上 发生的是
What actually happened was that, in fact,
国家美术馆完全被堵住了
the National Gallery was completely blocked,
也不是说完全堵住了
and, in as much as it wasn’t blocked,
而是人们就直接把赛恩斯伯里展览室
people were just using the Sainsbury Wing
作为美术馆的观众休息点了
as a spectator-point in the gallery.