我们的诗歌♥从来从来都是词不达意
Our poems never, never reach what we want them to.
对吧 我们一直以来都是 在某种程度上
You know, we’re always, in a way…
被我们的语言所束缚
hampered by language.
而这正是诗歌♥的奇妙之处
And that’s what’s wonderful.
正如叶芝所说的 对困难的迷恋
Yeats talks about “the fascination of what’s difficult,”
事实就是 语言并不是完美的
and the fact that language isn’t perfect, the fact that
当我说 手 这个词的时候 我指的不是手
when I say the word “hand” it is not my hand,
对我来说是美丽且深刻的
is really beautiful and poignant to me.
所以 某种程度上来说 我的所有诗歌♥都是为了将我想要表达的情绪
So in a way, all of my poems are efforts to translate
转换成语言而已 而它们从不完美
something else, and they never quite do.
语言与心境之间的间隙 才是我真正想要表达的
But the gap is… The meaning is all in the gaps.
而在 卡利斯托之歌♥ 这里
And I felt that with Callisto’s Song,
我感觉 已经不仅仅是间隙了
that I set myself, you know, not just a gap,
而是只能在光年外遥望
but sort of several light-years to straddle between
将她的婉转歌♥声转化成纸上文书
what she might sing and how I might transcribe it.