– He’s a very liberal guy. – That’s lovely.
对了,我想要你见见他妻子,这位是乔伊
By the way, I’d like for you to meet his wife. This is Joy.
– 布朗太太? – 对
– Mrs. Brown? – Yes.
♪ 你可能会说
[Gospel Choir]
♪ You may say ♪
♪ 我并不自♥由♥
♪ That I ain’t free ♪
♪ 但这并不让我担心
♪ But it don’t worry me ♪
今天在美国
[Walker Over P.A.] Today in America…
尽管有着其无可匹敌的资源
with its unmatched resources…
而极为荒谬的…
it is exceedingly ridiculous…
一个彻底的荒唐之处
a total absurdity…
是任何公民有了任何疾病…
that any citizen with any ailment…
不管是精神的还是身体的,应该在无人陪伴下就医
mental or physical, should go medically unattended.
我们为你布置好一切
We’re settin’ up everything for you.
– 我们把照片挂在正确的高度 – 哦,又是那只小鸟
– We got pictures the right height. – Oh, the little bird again.
不是很漂亮吗?我记得你把它给我的时候
Isn’t that beautiful? I remember when you gave that to me.
我记得我差点把它扔出去
I remember I almost threw it out. [Laughs]
下午好,姑娘们
Good afternoon, girls.
我想要你到房♥间外面去等一会儿
I’d like you to wait outside the room a while…
因为我知道埃丝特姨妈会想要稍微打理一下自己
because I know Aunt Esther would like to fix herself up a little.
我要我的狗,我的狗在哪里?
I want my dog. Where is my dog?
– 我只要一杯 – 抱歉 – 能让我们一下吗?
– I just need one shot. – I’m sorry. – Could you excuse us?
– 进来吧,先生 – 你好吗,霍华德?
– Come on in, sir. – How you doin’, Howard?
抱歉,不准媒体进去
I’m sorry. No press allowed.
– 我们会把这些画挂在你头顶上方 – 很好,巴德
– [Buddy] We’ll put these pictures above your head. – Good, Buddy
– 德尔伯特,我没有时间 – 我知道
– Delbert, I got no time. – I know.
我只是顺路来看看芭芭拉·简
I just stopped by to see Barbara Jean.
你怎么样?律师当得怎么样?
How you doin’? How’s lawyerin’?
没人对我上心,我就像是又一个奴才
Nobody pays me no mind. I’m just like another flunky.
– 你可以帮我把床抬一点吗? – 又是白色康乃馨
– Would you mind crankin’ me up? – More white carnations!
我告诉过他一次,就是告诉过他两次
If I told him once, I told him twice.
巴德,你干什么?这是医院!
Bud, this is a hospital!
这里不是什么建筑工地!
This ain’t no construction site!
– 我不是媒体的 – 去再拿一把椅子
– I am not the press. – [Barnett] Go build another chair!
该死的
Goddamn it!
我不是媒体的,我是BBC的
I am not the press. I am from the BBC.
我要是不遵守承诺就咒我死好了
Damned if I don’t keep my pledge.
– 看谁来了…布朗先生 – 很高兴见到你,不过长话短说
– Look who’s here… Mr. Brown. – Glad you’re here, but cut it short.
你好吗?见到你真好
How do you do? Nice to see you.
你看起来美得像一只黑色大蝴蝶
You look as beautiful as a big, black butterfly.
我要嫉妒了,我要嫉妒了
I’m gettin’ jealous. I’m gettin’ jealous.
– 你最好出去 – 他现在非常妒忌
– You better get out of here. – [Barbara Jean] He’s gettin’ mighty jealous.
我得坐起来一点,嗨
I gotta sit myself up a bit. Hi.
– 我要跟你谈谈 – 好啊
– I need to talk to you. – [Barnett] You got it.
好了,大家,医生要说术语了
All right, everybody. Doctor’s gotta talk turkey.
巴奈特,有个人我想要你认识一下
Barnett, there’s somebody I want you to meet.
– 加利福尼亚来到约翰·崔普莱特 – 约翰·崔普?
– John Triplette from California. – John Triple?
– 崔普莱特 – 好,可以
– Triplette. – Okay. All right.
– 他很厉害 – 给我们来点好消息
– He’s a killer. – [Barnett] Give us some good news.
抱歉,我们过一下
Excuse us, please.
– 你是亲属吗? – 什么?不不
– Are you a relative? – What? No, no.
– 你能告诉我她怎么样吗? – 她挺好
– Can you tell me how she is? – She’s fine.
我担心的是她丈夫
It’s her husband I’m concerned about.
– 说点好消息,你有两秒时间 – 可以
– [Barnett] Now, say somethin’ good. You got two seconds. – Fair.
– 能借个火吗? – 什么?
– Can I have a light? – Excuse me?
– 能借个火吗? – 可以,当然
– Can I have a light? – Yeah, sure.
你刚才描述的事故很像是…
The incident you described just now is very similar…
你第二次入院时候的…
to what you have here for your second admission…
– 当时被诊断为某种肠紊乱 – 你叫什么名字?
– when it was diagnosed as some kind of intestinal disorder. – [L.A. Joan] What’s your name?
巴德·汉密尔顿是我的名字
Bud Hamilton’s my name.
这里真的很热
埃丝特醒了,她渴望见你
Esther’s awake, and she’s dying to see you.
我一分钟后去好吗?我现在正跟人说话
I’ll be there in a minute, okay? I’m talking to someone right now.
– 我正跟人说话 – 请原谅
– I’m talking to someone. – I beg your pardon.
– 那是我姨父 – 你姨父?
– That’s my uncle. – Your uncle?
我有个生病的姨妈在住院
I’ve got a sick aunt down the hall.
我几个小时前刚从洛杉矶赶过来
I just got in from Los Angeles a few hours ago.
– 我是L.A.琼 – L.A.琼?
– I’m L.A. Joan. – L.A. Joan?
你是做什么的?
What do you do?
哦,我知道这话听起来很嚣张
Well, I know it sounds arrogant…
不过我正要去城里,如果我做成了…
but I’m on my way to town, if I ever make it…
会成为一个西部乡村歌♥手或是明星
to become a country-western singer or a star.
– 是吗? – 是的
– Yeah? – Yeah.
要是你没成你打算干嘛?
What are you gonna do if you don’t?
要是我没成?我不知道,反正我可以去卖♥♥东西
If I don’t? I don’t know. I could always go into sales.
– 比如女士服装? – 我不知道
– Like ladies’ clothes? – I don’t know.
哦,我了解卡车的一切,所以我可以去卡车业,我猜想
Well, I know all about trucks, so I’d go into trucking, I guess.
– 你耍我呢吧? – 不,我没有耍你
– You’re kiddin’ me. – No, I’m not kiddin’ you.
我住卡车住够了
I’m in a truck enough.
而且我懂得如何修发动机以及全部东西
And I know how to fix motors and all that.
– 没人跟一女的买♥♥卡车 – 我修发动机很长时间了
– Nobody’d buy trucks from a girl. – I been fixin’ motors a long time.
他们会跟我买♥♥的,因为我懂发动机的一切
They’d buy ’em from me ’cause I know all about motors.
你干嘛说这些?因为现在…
Why do you say that? Because now…
你看,情况是,如果我不能卖♥♥卡车也不能去…
See, what’s happenin’ is, if I can’t sell trucks and I can’t go…
– 没人跟女的买♥♥卡车 – 我早知道会这样
– Nobody’d buy a truck from a girl. – I knew this would happen.
别说你见过我
Don’t say you saw me.
喂,你没见到我妻子吧,有吗?
Hey, you haven’t seen my wife, have ya?
她就是普普通通的一个女士样子
She’s sort of an ordinary-lookin’ lady.
– 你要进城吗? – 你不是一个乡村歌♥手吧,是吗?
– Are you going into town? – You’re not one of them country singers, are ya?
– 不是,你能搭我吗? – 好,进来把 – 谢谢你
– No. Can you give me a ride? – All right, get in. – Thank you.
你样子像我在海军时的一个人
You look like a guy I was in the navy with.
他不洗澡,我们不得不尿他床上让他被撤职
He wouldn’t take a bath. We had to pee in his bed to get him discharged.
♪♪ [乡村音乐]
♪♪ [Radio: Country]
Hi.
我叫苏琳·盖伊
My name’s Sueleen Gay…
今晚我来给你们唱几首我写的歌♥
and I’m here to sing you all a couple of songs tonight that I wrote.
我当然希望你们会享受其中,亲们
And I sure hope you’re gonna enjoy ’em, honey…
因为我知道我会享受给你们唱歌♥
’cause I know I’m gonna enjoy singin’ ’em to ya.
我今晚要唱的第一首叫做
The first one I’m gonna sing tonight is called…
《让我成为那个人》
“Let Me Be The One.”
开始
Let’s go.
哦,那你…你的姨妈和姨父怎么办?
Oh, what about your… your aunt and uncle?
哦,没事,我随时能见他们
Oh, it’s cool. I can see them anytime.
– 你是一辆什么车? – 我有一辆小…这边
– What kind of car you got? – I have a little… Here.
玛莎
Martha!
啊,那个
[Doctor] And, uh…
那…那是真的
that… that being true…
我要建议,在第一次说明的基础上…
I would suggest, on the basis of the first account…
♪♪ [蓝草音乐:快节奏]
♪♪ [Bluegrass: Up-tempo]
♪ 密西西比河
♪ Mississippi River ♪
♪ 不停流淌
♪ Keep on flowing ♪
♪ 推动你那浑浊的河水
♪ Push your muddy waters ♪
♪ 流入大海
♪ Down to the sea ♪
♪ 我多么孤单
♪ I’m so lonely ♪
♪ 在这河上翻滚
♪ Rolling on this river ♪
♪ 老家伙密西西比河
♪ Ole man Mississippi River ♪
♪ 带我回家
♪ Carry me home ♪
♪ 有个可爱的小姑娘在等着我
♪ I got a cute little gal waitin’ for me ♪
♪ 在田纳西的孟菲斯
♪ Down in Memphis, Tennessee ♪
♪ 要是她没有在那里当上卡津人的女王
♪ And if she’s not there got a Cajun queen ♪
♪ 在新奥尔良等待着
♪ Waitin’ down in New Orleans ♪
你怎么没有穿那条蓝裙子?
How come you’re not wearing the blue dress?
因为我不想穿
Because I didn’t want to.
我穿这个的时候你应该穿那条蓝裙子
You’re supposed to wear the blue dress when I wear this.
我不想再穿得像是双胞胎了
I don’t want to dress like twins anymore.
我们不是双胞胎,我们是三重唱
We’re not twins. We’re a trio.
喂,小种马,进来,坐这里
Hi, young stud. Come on in, sit down right over here.
耶!喔!
Yeah! Whoo.
抱歉,对不起我…
I’m sorry. I’m sorry to…
没事
That’s okay.
他看起来像是豪迪·杜迪
[Quietly] He looks like Howdy Doody.
好了,这里就是… Okay, this is, uh…
这里就是“迪门斯兽穴”