but we don’t know the time of day.
难怪花了我们六到七年…
No wonder it takes six or seven years…
你在搞什么鬼?
What the hell is the matter with you?
(纳什维尔机场)
没错,我说的正是换代
[Walker Continues Over P.A.] Yes, I’m talking about replacement.
换掉这个律师化的,官样文章的…
Replacing this lawyeristic, red-taped…
以及空洞无物的政♥府♥
and blank-taped government…
代之以农场主和教师…
with the yes-and-no language of farmers and teachers…
工程师和商人的明确体系
engineers and businessmen.
我对这个国家并不悲观
I’m not pessimistic about this country.
(哈尔·菲利普·沃克尔 换代党 总统)
她最终倒在这边人行道上,似乎晕厥了
She finally collapsed here on the sidewalk. Sort of a faint.
我们此刻能够确定的就是这些
That’s all we’ve been able to determine at this moment.
我们采访了斯佩里先生,他说了同样的话
We interviewed Mr. Sperry. He said the same thing.
黑文·汉密尔顿也说了同样的话
Haven Hamilton said the same thing as well.
此刻在都市机场大概就是这样
That’s about it for the moment from Metro Airport.
2频道新闻,这里是比尔·詹金斯报导
For Channel Two News, this is Bill Jenkins reporting.
我们考虑一下我们的国歌♥
[Walker Over P.A.] Let’s consider our national anthem.
没人知道歌♥词
Nobody knows the words.
没人能唱
Nobody can sing it.
没人能懂
Nobody understands it.
我估计所有的律师都支持它
I suppose all the lawyers supported it…
因为是一个律师写的歌♥词
because a lawyer wrote the words…
一个法官谱的曲
and a judge wrote the tune.
小心,巴迪
[Haven] Careful, Buddy.
– 仔细读一读 – 小心那辆卡车
– Read it carefully. – Watch out for that truck.
我说“读一读”,因为我知道你们唱不了它
And I say “read it”
because I know you can’t sing it.
读了全部四节,你们就知道我在说什么了
Read all four verses, and you’ll understand what I’m talking about.
好的先生,我会支持投票轮替政党
Yes, sir, I would support work and vote for replacement.
把我们的国歌♥改成…
Change our national anthem
– …大家能理解的… – 这太棒了,诺曼
– …back to something people can understand… – This is terrific, Norman.
改成那种一束光照亮他们的脸庞
Back to something that would make a light shine in their faces.
喂,老兄,离我的车远点!
Hey, man, get off my car!
不要靠在我车上
Don’t lean on my car!
我刚修好这该死的东西,别靠在上面
I just got this goddamn thing fixed, so don’t lean on it.
哦,老天爷,哦,天啊
Oh, Jesus Christ. Oh, God.
喂,老兄,快从我车上滚下来
Hey, man, get the hell off my car!
你差点害我摔倒
You almost made me fall!
太好了,谢谢,我也能要一个吗?
Great, thanks. Can I have one too?
多谢,把那些卡片和信件传过来吧,大伙儿
Thanks a lot. Just keep those cards and letters comin’ in, folks.
– 我觉得好晕 – 我给咱俩卖♥♥冰棍儿去
– I feel faint. – I’m gonna get us a Popsicle.
等一下 你好
Just a minute. Hello?
– 那些残缺的尸体… – 你可以去冰柜车…
– All those mangled bodies. – Would you go to that Popsicle truck…
给我们拿两个甜冰吗?
and get us a couple sweet ices?
一定有20辆车堆在一起
There must be 20 cars piled up
一辆压一辆,有些都翻了
one on top of the other, some of them upside-down.
– 赶紧 – 我看见一条腿伸出来
– Come on. – I saw a leg sticking out.
这会是一团糟,我不知道还得多久…
This is gonna be a mess. I don’t know how long it…
你能不能挪一挪,救护车要走的地方
Can you just pull on through where the ambulance went?
你要试试吗?
You want to try it?
– 怎么了,孩子? – 熄火了
– What’s the matter, son? – It’s stalled.
– 你刚才要什么?冰棍吗? – 我希望我的摄像师在这里
– What did you want? Popsicle? – I wish my cameraman had been here.
他总是不在,我的纪录片里需要这样的东西
He’s never around. I need something like this for my documentary.
我需要它,这是…这就是美国
I need it. It’s… It’s America.
那些车互相撞在一起
Those cars smashing into each other…
还有那些残缺的尸体
and all those mangled corpses…
等一下 等一下
Just a minute. Just a minute.
– ♪♪ [乡村音乐] – 纳什维尔就没有一家摇滚电台吗?
– ♪♪ [Radio: Country] – Aren’t there any rock and roll stations in Nashville?
哦,真的很难说
Well, it’s hard to really say.
你看
You see…
他们给她开刀以后,就琢磨应给做一个探查
after they opened her up, they figured they ought to do an exploratory.
你懂的,像是给她来一次大修
You know, give her kind of an overhaul.
– 20美元? – 20美元
– Twenty dollars? – Twenty dollars.
– 我给你5元 – 不,我要15
– I’ll give you five. – No, I’ll take 15.
你要15?我给你10元
You’ll take 15? I’ll give you ten.
我想不出什么合适的理由,为什么纽约…
[Walker Over P.A.] I can think of no sensible reason why New York…
必须要有1.2万起重大犯罪…
must of necessity have 12,000 major crimes committed…
而同时东京只有1万起
for every 1,000
committed in Tokyo.
– 打扰了 – 而这些才是真正的受害者
– Excuse me. – Yet these are the true victims.
有一些非常搞笑的观念在美国政坛发展
Some very funny notions have developed in American politics.
嗯,我看看
Um, let me see.
嗯,你有孩子吗?
Um, have you any children?
有,我有两个孩子,我有一个男孩一个女孩
Yes, I have two children. I have a boy and a girl.
哦,那不是很好吗?他们多大了?
Oh, isn’t that nice! How old are they?
12岁和11岁
Twelve and 11.
他们想不想像他们的妈妈一样当歌♥手?
Do they want to be singers like their mummy?
呃,我的孩子们是聋的
Um, well, my children are deaf.
他们…他们是聋的,生下来就是
They’re… They are deaf. They were born deaf.
哦,我的天,太可怕了
Oh, my God, how awful!
– 多么让人难过 – 哦,等等,不是这样的
– It’s so depressing. – Now, just a minute. That’s not so.
– 我希望你能见见我儿子 – 哦,我不行
– I wish you could see my boy. – Oh, I couldn’t.
– 他有着最不可思议的个性 – 主要是太悲伤了
– He has the most incredible personality. – It’s the sadness of it.
情况是,他靠一个苍蝇拍赚了上百万美元
What happened is, he made a million dollars on a flyswatter…
因为中间有个红点
because it had a red dot in the center.
– 苍蝇拍? – 对,就一个红点
– Flyswatter? – That’s right. Just a red dot.
他正坐在一家快餐店,正吃着…
He was sittin’ in a buffet, and he was eatin’…
他看见一个女人,正在打苍蝇
and he saw a woman, and she was swattin’ flies.
呃,她…他就说…
And, uh, she… He said…
“是什么导致了苍蝇拍之间的区别?”
“What makes the difference in flyswatters?”
因为这一定跟工业革命有关
‘Cause it has to do with the Industrial Revolution.
这些乡村音乐人的特点是 他们有真正的草根诉求
The thing with these country people is they have a real grassroots appeal.
对啊,见鬼,他们有粉丝
Well, hell, they got fans.
而他们正是选出总统的人
And they’re the people that elect the president.
– 我们要全力以赴 – 你排出一串电影明星来
– We’re gonna do everything we can. – You line up a lot of movie stars…
我认为这里的人♥民♥觉得电影明星不正常又疯癫
I think people here feel that movie stars are eccentric and crazy.
– 共♥产♥主义者 – 哦…
– Communists. – Well… [Laughing]
– 他们好多人都是 – 据说是,现在
– A lot of ’em are. – It’s been said, now.
– 然后我想要去奥普瑞大剧院 – 算了吧
– Then I want to go to the Grand Ole Opry. – Forget that.
– 因为我得让人把我的唱片… – 我不喜欢音乐
– ‘Cause I have to have my record… – I don’t like music.
– 我要去看看发生什么事 – 我有一张金唱片
– I’m gonna go see what’s goin’ on. – I have a gold record…
– …需要签名 – 离我的卡车滚远点
– and it needs to be signed. – Get the hell away from my truck!
– 该死!婊♥子♥养♥的♥! – 狗屎
– Goddamn it! Sons of bitches! – Shit!
我说,我能否跟汤米·布朗先生说话?
I say, could I please speak to Mr. Tommy Brown?
– 什么? – 抱歉
– What? – I’m sorry.
可以跟汤米·布朗先生说两句话吗?
Is it possible to have a few words with Mr. Tommy Brown?
我是BBC的,我在纳什维尔做一个纪录片
I’m from the BBC. I’m doing a documentary on Nashville.
BBC是什么?
What is the BBC?
– 英国广播公♥司♥ – 哦,英国
– British Broadcasting Company. – Oh, English.
它叫做“旺达,旺德”
It was called “Wanda, Wander.”
不,那首歌♥叫做“旺德,旺达”
No, that song was called “Wonder, Wanda.”
– ♪ 旺达旺德让我难过 – 我没有笔
– ♪ Wanda, wander’s got me bad ♪ – I don’t have a pen.
– 不,“旺德旺达让我难过” – ♪ 我不停旅行
– No. ♪ Wonder, Wanda’s got me bad ♪ – ♪ I keep travelin’ ♪
“我难过” 巴迪,是哪个?
♪ And I’m sad ♪
Buddy, which was it?
– 我不太知道 – 谢谢你,谢谢你
– I don’t really know. – Thank you, thank you.
– 该死,是“旺达旺德” – 是“旺德旺达”
– Goddamn it, it was “Wanda, Wander.”
– It was “Wonder, Wanda.”
“旺达旺德”!有什么区别?它很红就是了
“Wanda, Wander”! What difference does it make? It was a hit!
没有呼吸的空间
[Walker Over P.A.] There’s no breathing space.
我们所需要的,首当其冲的…
What we need, first and foremost…
是一种常识性的方法
is a commonsense approach.
没什么复杂的
Nothing complicated.
布朗先生是要去… 他很快会回来吗?
Is Mr. Brown going to… Will he be here soon?
对,他在后台换衣服,他必须化妆
Yeah, he’s in the back changin’. He has to put his makeup on.
无论何时他有采访,他就要化妆
Whenever he’s going to have an interview, he puts his makeup on…
喜欢全都漂漂亮亮的,你知道
and likes to get all prettied up, you know?
那不错
[Laughing] That’s nice.
他一定是个非凡的人物
He must be a marvelous person…
有你们这些好人为他工作
to have all you lovely people working for him.
我知道南方的问题,我是说,我听说过
I know the problems in the South. I mean, I’ve heard of them.
哦,对啊
[Chuckles] Well, yeah.
– 他是个很自♥由♥派的人 – 那很好啊

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!