– her departure in a few moments. – ♪♪ [Band: “Star-Spangled Banner
上千人出迎都市机场
Thousands of people have turned out at Metro Airport…
迎接芭芭拉·简的到来
to greet Barbara Jean on her arrival.
现在,黑文·汉密尔顿刚刚到达,照例穿着一身白
Haven Hamilton has just arrived, typically dressed in white…
他的白色吉普今天是他儿子巴德开着
his white Jeep being driven today by his son, Bud.
商会成员正走过去会合黑文·汉密尔顿
Members of the Chamber of Commerce are going over to meet Haven Hamilton.
他向几位老朋友、生意上的相识打着招呼
He’s greeting some of his old friends, business acquaintances.
要签名的人现在都挤着过去
Autograph seekers are now making their way over.
芭芭拉·简仍然在飞机上
Barbara Jean still is aboard the aircraft…
– 你好,玛莎 – 嗨
– Hello, Martha. – Hi.
– 你好吗,玛莎? – 我还好,不过…
– How are you, Martha? – I’m okay, but, uh…
– 你说什么? – 听着,呃,我改名字了
– Pardon me? – Listen, uh, I’ve changed my name.
– 好 – 从现在开始就是L.A.琼了
– Okay. – It’s L.A. Joan from now on.
我去买♥♥包烟
Let me get some cigarettes.
你姨妈埃丝特很想见你
Your Aunt Esther wants to see you.
– 她在医院… – 等一下
– She’s in the hospital… – Wait a minute.
– 她想要见见… – 这人是个摇滚明星,等等
– And she’d like to see… – This guy’s a rock star. Hang on.
我能要你的签名吗?你是汤姆,对不对?
Can I get your autograph? You’re Tom, aren’t you?
“汤姆,比尔,和玛丽”的?
Tom, Bill, and Mary?
老天,你得停止节食,不然就毁了
Jesus, you ought to stop that diet before you ruin yourself.
你相信吗?他们这里有我们的唱片
Do you believe this? They have our album here.
喂,卖♥♥得怎么样?
Hey, how’s it selling?
– 哪一张? – 比尔,玛丽和汤姆
– What’s that? – Bill, Mary, and Tom.
有点不好卖♥♥,不过我们主要卖♥♥乡村音乐
A little slow, but we sell mostly country.
我就是站在前面这个帅哥
I’m the handsome one in the front.
照片里我没戴眼镜,不过我…
I don’t have my glasses on in the picture, but I…
等一下,哈尔·菲利普·沃克尔看起来完全就像是康妮·怀特
Wait a minute! Hal Phillip Walker looks exactly like Connie White.
喂,德尔,我喜欢…
Now, Del, I like…
我喜欢乐队这个主意
I like the idea of bands.
我要你听听那些孩子们的,亲爱的
I want you to listen to those little kids, honey.
我要你知道 他们每天放学练习两小时…
I want you to know they practiced every day after school for two hours…
整整一个月,就为了这次活动
for a whole month just for this event.
– 耶,那可太好了 – 不是很可爱吗?
– Yes, that’s so nice. – Isn’t that cute?
我想那样能鼓舞她,珀尔,闭嘴
I think that’ll cheer her up. Pearl, shut up.
– 长得就像你妈妈,孩子 – 对对,确实像
– Just like your mama, son. – Yes, yes, I’m sure he is.
…因一根着火的指挥棒意外而不幸烧伤
[Jenkins]… tragically burned in an accident involving a fire baton.
她现在完全康复了,无论如何,她需要…
She has now fully recovered. However, she’s required to take…
– 打扰,巴奈特 – 我现在没时间
– Excuse me, Barnett. – I got no time right now!
老天
Jesus!
我觉得她们太可爱了,巴迪
I just think they’re so cute, Buddy.
喂喂,测试,不知道这东西开了没
Hello, hello. Testing. I wonder if this thing’s on.
喂,等等,你是“比尔,玛丽和汤姆”的汤姆吗?
Hey, wait. Are you Tom of Bill, Mary, and Tom?
– 对,你叫什么? – 杰米
– Yeah. What’s your name? – Jamie.
你考虑投票沃克尔当总统吗?
You thought of voting for Walker for president?
– 我不投谁当总统 – 哦,得了吧
– I don’t vote for nobody for president. – Oh, come on.
读读它,他有一套极好的纲领
Just read it. He’s got a fantastic platform.
你好吗,警司?这周你杀人了吗?
How you doin’, Sarge? Ya kill anybody this week?
多美妙
[Haven] So beautiful.
你们这辈子见过这么漂亮的女孩吗?
Did you ever see such pretty girls in your life?
总有一天,你们会变成像你们母亲那样的淑女
Someday you’re gonna be big girls like your mommies…
然后你们会去寻找一个正派、年轻、英俊的男子…
and you’re gonna be lookin’ for a nice, young, handsome man.
过来,巴迪,打声招呼
Come on, Buddy. You say hello.
我儿子巴迪,他刚从哈弗法学院毕业
My son Buddy, he just graduated from Harvard Law School…
我们正想办法给他我们不曾有过的突破机会
and we’re tryin’ to give him all the breaks we never got.
– 巴迪,跟大家打招呼 – 嗨
– Buddy, say hello to the people. – Hi.
谢谢,巴迪
[Haven] Thank you, Buddy.
再次感谢你们的到来,让我们有宾至如归的感觉
And thank you again for comin’ here and makin’ us all feel so at home.
哇,看,她来了
[Haven] Look! Here she comes!
她来了!我们的芭芭拉·简!
Here she comes! Our Barbara Jean!
来吧
[Barnett] Come on.
到另一边去
[Barnett] Get on the other side.
这就是我们自己的芭芭拉·简
Here’s our own Barbara Jean!
我能说句话吗,巴奈特?
May I have a word, Barnett?
不要搞采访
None of that shit.
快走 快走
Come on. Come on.
快起来,快走
Get up there. Come on.
你以为你是谁?马龙·白兰度吗?
[Barbara Jean] Who do you think you are? Marlon Brando?
芭芭拉·简,女士们先生们!
[Haven] Barbara Jean, ladies and gentlemen!
– 嗨 – 啊,看哪
– Hi! – [Haven] Ah, look at that!
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
嗨,亲爱的
Hi, sweetie, darling!
嗨,比尔,嗨,玛丽,汤姆在哪里?
Hi, Bill. Hi, Mary. Where’s Tom?
– 给我拿包? – 当然
– Take my bag? – Sure.
– 你应该在大门处见我们 – 那我们就去大门见
– You were supposed to meet us at the gate. – Then let’s go meet at the gate.
– 诺曼,我们到轿车上去 – 轿车就在外面
– Norman, let’s go to the limo. – The limo is just outside.
芭芭拉·简,给你的
Barbara Jean, for you.
– 谢谢,黑文 – 看这边,照相
– Thank you, Haven. – Right here for the photographer.
谢谢你们,田纳西军乐队,谢谢今天的到来
Thank you, Tennessee Twirlers, for coming out today…
还要谢谢你们,富兰克林高中乐队
and thank you, Franklin High School Band.
我认为孩子们你们一年比一年好了
I think you kids get better every year.
♪♪ [进行曲]
♪♪ [Band: Up-tempo March]
好啦,军乐队,奏起来
All right, Twirlers, let’s twirl!
哦,小美女
Oh, little beauty!
太感谢了
Thank you so much!
你要坐我车进城还是不要?
Are you gonna ride into town with me or not?
田纳西…
Tennessee…
你不用带我,我要等等,因为我觉得她要唱歌♥
You go on without me. I’m gonna wait, ’cause I think she’s gonna sing.
谁?她吗?她不会唱的
Who? Her? She ain’t gonna sing.
除非给钱,否则她不会唱的,算了吧
She don’t sing unless she get paid. Now, come on.
我要感谢你们
I’d like to thank you…
今天前来迎接我
for coming out to greet me today.
回家简直太好了,就像放鞭炮一样热烈
It’s great to be home. It’s hot as a firecracker.
这有什么好乐的?
[Barnett] What’s so funny about that?
我和小伙子们这周要在奥普瑞演出
Me and the boys are gonna be out at the Opry this week…
就像我爷爷常说的那样
and like my granddaddy always used to say…
既然你们都到河边了,希望你们跳下来玩
if you’re down to the river, I hope you’ll drop in.
哦,好,说得好
[Haven] Oh! Yes, that’s sweet.
谁给你写的材料,亲爱的?
Who writes your material, darlin’?
巴奈特,里面那些人都谁啊?
Barnett, who are all those people inside?
只是机场保安,因为有那些劫机的人
It’s just airport security, ’cause of all the hijackers.
– 他们来看我吗? – 他们可以很清楚看到你
– Did they come to see me? – They can see you pretty good.
那我愿意去打个招呼
Then I’d like to go in and say hello.
我相信芭芭拉·简是想要走进去…
[Jenkins] I believe Barbara Jean wants to go inside…
– 巴奈特,抱歉亲爱的 – …去看看那些粉丝…
– Barnett, I’m sorry, darlin’. – To see the fans who were not able…
…因为他们出不来
to make it out here.
这有一点不在计划内
This was a little bit unscheduled.
走到下面去,可能会…
all the way down there, probably a…
她正在往下走,也许是要去感谢里面的粉丝
She’s on her way down there probably to greet some fans inside there.
– …走下通道,巴奈特伴随 – 小心那些水
– Stepping down the walkway with Barnett. – Watch out for the water.
就在后面,黑文·汉密尔顿…
Right behind, Haven Hamilton…
还有所有别的朋友,成员们,以及…
and all the other friends, members, and, uh…
她跌倒了!哈罗德,快!
She’s fallen! Harold, come on!
她倒在那边某处
She’s fallen somewhere down there.
但愿我们能下去那边…但愿我们的电线够长
If we can get down there… if we have enough cable.
不知道我们能拉多远
Don’t know how far we can make it.
你以为是谁在掌控国会?
[Walker Over P.A.] Who do you think is running Congress?
农场主?工程师?教师?商人?
Farmers? Engineers? Teachers? Businessmen?
不,我们的朋友们,国会由律师们掌控
No, my friends. Congress is run by lawyers.
一个律师受训做两件事情,只做两件事
A lawyer is trained for two things and two things only:
澄清事实…这是其一
To clarify… that’s one…
还有混淆事情…这是另一件
And to confuse… that’s the other thing.
他做哪一件,取决于他客户的利益
He does whichever is to his client’s advantage.
你问过哪个律师一天中的的时间吗?
Did you ever ask a lawyer the time of day?
他告诉你怎么制♥作♥钟表,不是吗?
He told you how to make a watch, didn’t he?
曾问过律师怎么去琼斯先生在乡下的房♥子吗?
Ever ask a lawyer how to get to Mr. Jones’s house in the country?
你迷路了,是不是?
You got lost, didn’t you?
国会由535个个人组成
Congress is composed of 535 individuals.
288个是律师
Two hundred and eighty-eight are lawyers.
而你还想知道国会出了什么问题
And you wonder what’s wrong in Congress.
难怪我们总是知道怎么制♥造♥钟表
No wonder we often know how to make a watch…
可我们不知道一天里的时间

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!