是的
Yes.
-你发誓 -是的 我发誓 -很好
-You promise? -Yes. Yes, absolutely, I promise. -Hm.
那么我就准许你们做的事了
Then I will, as you put it, let you do whatever you have to do.
谢谢您
Thank you.
谢谢您
Thank you.
看看他们 你看见他们啦
Look at them! Will you just look at them?
哇
Aw!
这些小东西
The little, small things.
孩子们 这是嗯…魁克丽夫人
Children, this is, er… Mrs Quickly.
哦 你不用这样正式
Oh, you mustn’t be so formal.
你们就叫我赛玛阿姨好了
You must call me Auntie Selma.
哦 天哪 那么热 让我激动万分
Oh, dear me, one does work up such a thirst in this heat.
哦 茶 是的…
Oh. Tea, of course. Do go through. I’II…
离开这些小家伙 你怎么能这样要求我呢
And leave these dear creatures? How can you ask it of me?
-哦 房♥子的中♥央♥ -是的 是的
-Oh, the heart of the house. -Yes, yes.
-老单身汉的窝 -麽
-The old bachelor’s den. -Mm.
-好吧 我… -不是很好看吗
-Well, I… -Isn’t it enchanting?
哦 你读了那么多书
Ooh! Have you read all those books?
-恩 我 啊… -真聪明
-Well, I, er… -Clever.
坐我的椅子吧 更舒服一些
Take my chair. It’s more comfortable.
谢谢你 哦
Thank you. Ooh!
看看这是什么
Well, what have we here?
我发现这儿已经为女士准备好了
I see there is already provision for a lady.
您真体贴啊
How thoughtful you are.
真是一位绅士
What a gentleman.
等一下 呃… 让我来
Wait! Er… just let me make it, er…
让我来招待你
comfy for you.
非常非常的宝贵
Too, too precious.
这里是男人的管辖区
Here in the centre of the male dominion,
…一个女士的美丽优雅的绿洲
…an oasis of feminine charm and elegance.
这儿 就像我想的一样都是灰尘
There, just as I thought. It’s dusty.
需要打扫一下
It just needs a good old thump.
好了 灰都拍干净了 您可以坐了
There. All thumped and ready to go.
又麻烦你了 你从来都不嫌麻烦
There you go again. Nothing is too much trouble for you.
埋葬魁克里先生的那天
I observed that very characteristic on the
我非常的悲痛
sad day we buried Mr Quickly.
即使当时我悲痛的都发疯了
Even in my demented grief,
我还是跟我的朋友莱提亚卡特说…
I said to my friend Letitia Carter…
记得她吗 就是脸色比我还红润的那个
Remember her? A pinker complexion than my own.
她日照太多了
She takes too much sun.
我对她说 他是多么好的一个人啊
I said, ” Kindness seems to be second nature to him.”
他简直就是一位完美的绅士
“He is a perfect gentleman.”
他的行为举止既充满
“There’s something so masculine and
阳刚之气又不张扬…
yet retiring in his manner…”
布朗先生
Mr Brown!
-呃 -别急 我求您别急
-Urgh. -Un moment, I pray you.
我不知我怎么啦
I don’t know what came over me.
我知道 我理解 我从未让您…
I do. I understand. I never took you for such.
但是现在我发现了 热情是您的天性
But now I see it. Passion is clearly your nature, too.
我感受到了 谁又知道原来我们有着
I feel it. Who would have thought we were
那么相似的亲人般的性格
such kindred spirits?
热情就是我的生活 事实上
Passion is my life. In fact,
布朗先生 没有了热情怎么会有生活呢
Mr Brown, what is life without it?
嗯…
Er…
习惯的车轮 满满的转着
A grey wheel of habit, spinning idly on.
-麽 -麽
-Mmm! -Mmm!
现在不是吃东西的时候
This is no time for food,
-魁克丽夫人… -叫我赛玛
-Mrs Quickly… -Selma.
在这种情况下我无法下咽
I couldn’t possibly swallow it under the circumstances.
您就像是暴风骤雨 布朗先生
You are tempestuous, Mr Brown.
-喝茶吗 -好的
-Tea? -Yes, tea.
我们必须用一些温和的饮料
We must blanket the raw impulse
来压解我们的那些原始的欲望
with that reliable beverage.
这陶瓷真不错 斯波德牌的
That’s a nice bit of porcelain. Is that Spode?
我喜欢斯波德牌的 很有品位
I like a bit of Spode. Tasteful.
不管怎么说 保持矜持是很重要的…
Anyway, so essential for upholding the normal…
-您不会想要那个的 -您说得很对
-You don’t want that. -How right you are.
您看穿了我的心思
You see into my inmost self.
当我们在分享我们情感的甘露时
What is tea when we can drink
茶水又算什么呢
from the nectar of our emotions?
让那些庸人们喝茶吧
Let the common herd drink tea.
我的灵魂需要神一般的美酒
Our souls need a more divine libation!
哦 您发疯了 我说
Oh! You mad fool! I say.
不 不 不 别在这些厨具里弄
No, no, not here amongst the cutlery.
我说
I say!
在我的名誉在这块地毯上
I must go before my reputation
被玷污之前 我必须离开了
is in tatters on this rug.
可爱的地毯 是中国丝织的
Lovely rug. Is it Chinese silk?
在失去所有之前 必须逃了
Must escape before all is lost.
等一下
Wait!
我的天哪 您发♥情♥了
Heavens to Betsy! You are inflamed!
一个孤独的寡妇又能怎么做呢
How does a Ionely widow best you?
她手无缚鸡之力
What defences does she have?
这里只有一个问题
All it takes is one question,
赛德克 那就是我要把我交给你
Cedric, and I’m yours.
向我求婚吧 不然你就永远的失去我了
Ask me or you’ll lose me forever.
哦 不… 当然
Oh, no… Absolutely.
快说 快说
Say it. Say it.
-说啊 说啊 -不
-Say it. Say it. -No!
哦 不 先生 这太过分了
Oh! No! This is too much, sir!
你是个花♥花♥公♥子♥
You are a cad!
一个流氓和花♥花♥公♥子♥
A bounder and a cad!
爸爸来了
Papa’s coming.
她走了
She’s gone.
这个世上唯一
The only person in the whole world
能救我们的人
who stands between all of us
一切都完了…
and total ruin…
她已经走了
and she’s gone.
什么完了
What’s ruin?
没有时间再说废话了 我不能支撑这个家
There’s no time to mince words. I can’t support my own family.
我从来都没能支撑这个家 你们太多了
I never have been able to. There are so many of you.
但你们又全都那么可爱
But you’re all so delicious.
当阿吉出生的时候
When Aggy came along and
你们的母亲病得很厉害 我说
your mother was so ill, I said,
我们不能再要孩子了 她说…
“We may have to stop now, dear,” and she said…
她说 我知道
She said, “I know.”
事实是 你们的阿德莱德姑妈
The fact of the matter is, your Great-Aunt Adelaide
承担了这几年来我们每月的房♥租
has been supporting us for years with a monthly allowance.
前段时间 她要求我
A little while ago, she told me
她要我再结婚
that I had to remarry or
不然就停止对我们的经济援助
the allowance would stop.
今天的这个寡妇是我最后的希望
This woman today was my last chance.
我们最后的希望
Our last chance.
我们的
Ours?
当没有了钱 房♥子就会被扣押
When the money stops, the house will be taken.
你们中的一些就得去工厂打工
Some of you will perhaps be put into the workhouse.
有一些会被送进收容…
Some will be put into the care…
会被交给别人抚养
into the care of others.
我不知道你们有多少
I don’t know how many of you will
还可以呆在一起
be allowed to stay together.
我很抱歉让你们伤心了
I’m sorry to have failed you, children.
你们本应当生活得更好的
You deserve so much better.
-想想办法啊 -你有什么主意
-Do something. -What would you suggest?
改变发生的一切
Change what happened.
只要敲一下您的棍子就好了
Bang your stick. Make it undo itself.
我不能这样做 这是你们的行为
I cannot. These were your actions.
赛门说过 你们会承担这些后果的
Simon promised that you would accept the consequences.
我们该怎么做 帮帮我们 告诉我们该怎么做
What shall we do? Help us. Tell us what to do.
你们必须自己解决这个问题
You must undo it for yourselves.
怎么解决 怎么做
How? How?