Okay, Harry.
好吧,哈利。
Daddy, how come that coffin’s so small?
爸爸,棺材怎么这么小?
They come in all sizes, honey, just like shoes.
它们有各种尺寸,亲爱的,就像鞋子一样。
Is it for a child?
是给孩子的吗?
Of course not.
当然不是。
Then who’s it for?
那是给谁的?
Short people. Very short people.
矮个子。很矮的人。
Excuse me.
请原谅我。
What about the job?
那工作呢?
Pardon?
什么?
I need the job.
我需要这份工作。
You still want it, even though…
你仍然想要它,即使。。。
Oh… Oh, sure, it’s no big deal.
哦。。。哦,当然,没什么大不了的。
You see, all my former clients will eventually die,
你看,我以前的客户最终都会死,
and all your clients used to be alive.
你所有的客户都还活着。
So they have something in common.
所以他们有共同点。
You’d be doing hair and makeup and answering the phone.
你要做头发化妆接电♥话♥。
Okay, Mr. Sultenfuss.
好的,苏丹福斯先生。
You’ve got a deal. Great.
你说定了。伟大的。
You can start right away. Okay.
你可以马上开始。可以。
Call me Harry.
叫我哈里。
Now, uh…
现在,呃。。。
Is this what you’d normally wear for work or…
这是你平时上班穿的还是。。。
Look… Don’t get me wrong.
看。。。别误会我。
I like it very much, but the…
我很喜欢,但是。。。
I promise I’ll take good care of these people.
我保证会好好照顾这些人。
They deserve it.
他们活该。
They’re dead.
他们死了。
All they’ve got left is their looks.
他们只剩下长相了。
Hey, look at this. No feet.
嘿,看看这个。没有脚。
(SARCASTICALLY) Oh, wow, a real Evel Knievel.
(讽刺地)哦,哇,一个真正的伊芙·克尼芙。
What the hell are you doing in my garage? Get out of here!
你到底在我的车♥库♥里干什么?离开这里!
Hi, Vada, what’s wrong today?
嗨,瓦达,今天怎么了?
I’m very sick.
我病得很重。
Okay, take a seat. I’ll check if the doctor can see you.
好的,请坐。我去看看医生能不能给你看病。
(WHISPERING) Vada’s here. She says she’s very sick.
瓦达来了。她说她病得很重。
She looks all right to me.
我觉得她很好。
Yeah. Yeah. Okay. He’ll see you.
是 啊。是 啊。可以。他会看到你的。
Why don’t you go in?
你为什么不进去?
Well, what is it? I can handle it.
那是什么?我能应付。
You are perfectly healthy.
你非常健康。
That can’t be. I have all the classic symptoms.
那不可能。我有所有的典型症状。
Sweetheart, did they bring Mr. Layton to your house today?
亲爱的,他们今天带莱顿先生来你家了吗?
Yes.
对。
Vada, you’ve got to stop this.
瓦达,你必须阻止这一切。
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with you.
你绝对没什么问题。
I’ll just have to get a second opinion.
我得再听听你的意见。
So what did he say was wrong with you?
他说你有什么问题?
The whole medical profession is a crock.
整个医疗行业都是个废物。
Hey, wait up for me.
嘿,等等我。
(BOTH SINGING)
(两人都在唱歌♥)
(SINGING CONTINUES)
(继续唱)
Hey, look. At what?
嘿,看。什么时候?
That’s Mr. Bixler. Let’s go talk to him.
那是比克斯勒先生。我们去和他谈谈。
I don’t want to talk to no teacher. It’s summer.
我不想和老师说话。现在是夏天。
Hi, Mr. Bixler.
嗨,比克斯勒先生。
Mademoiselle Sultenfuss and the amazing Dr. J.
苏丹福斯小姐和令人惊奇的J。
How’s the summer treating you?
夏天过得怎么样?
VADA: It’s okay.
瓦达:没关系。
Mr. Bixler, I finished all the books for summer reading.
比克斯勒先生,我写完了所有暑期读物。
Really? Already? The summer’s just begun.
真正地?已经开始了?夏天才刚刚开始。
Yes, and now I’m reading War and Peace for fun.
是的,现在我读《战争与和平》是为了好玩。
No wonder you’re my prize pupil.
难怪你是我的得奖学生。
What about you, Thomas J?
你呢,托马斯J?
I haven’t started yet.
我还没开始呢。
Better get on his case, Vada.
最好继续他的案子,瓦达。
Mr. Bixler, how come you’re painting this old house?
比克斯勒先生,你为什么要粉刷这幢老房♥子?
Well, I just bought it. Now I’m fixing it up.
嗯,我刚买♥♥的。现在我在修理它。
This is one big house for one single person.
这是一个人住的大房♥子。
Well, you never can tell.
好吧,你永远不知道。
I might get a pet.
我可能会养宠物。
How are you going to get the money to pay for this old house
你打算怎么弄到钱来买♥♥这所老房♥子
if you’re not working?
如果你不工作?
Well, I’m going to teach creative writing this summer.
嗯,今年夏天我要教创意写作。
So, I’m doing some work.
所以,我在做一些工作。
How much does it cost? BIXLER: $35.
要多少钱?比克斯勒:35美元。
VADA: What do you get for that?
瓦达:你能得到什么?
Me, two hours a week, talking about poetry.
我,一周两个小时,谈论诗歌♥。
This an interrogation, Vada? No.
这是审问吗,瓦达?不。
Well, I guess I’ll go home and finish off War and Peace.
好吧,我想我会回家结束战争与和平。
(RADIO PLAYING LOUDER) It’s summer.
(收音机声音更大)现在是夏天。
You’re kids. Go play.
你们是孩子。去玩吧。
Want to go to Gray’s orchard and pick some peaches?
想去格雷的果园摘些桃子吗?
No, I’m going home.
不,我要回家了。
Why? It’s not dinnertime yet.
为什么?还没到吃饭时间。
“Dinnertime”? You’re like a dog. You just go home to eat!
晚餐时间?你就像条狗。你就回家吃吧!
Don’t pee on the hydrant!
不要在消防栓上撒尿!
(WEDDING BELL BLUES PLAYING)
(婚礼铃♥声♥蓝调)
* Bill, I love you so *
比尔,我是如此爱你
* I always will *
我永远都会
五月的激♥情♥之眼我看着你
♪ I look at you and see
* Oh, but am I ever gonna see my wedding day *
“哦,但是我会看到我的婚礼吗”
Rupert Gwynn called. There was a big accident on PA-34.
鲁伯特·格温打来电♥话♥。PA-34发生了一起重大事故。
They’re bringing in two tomorrow.
他们明天会带来两个。
Excuse me, Harry, I finished Mr. Layton’s hair.
对不起,哈里,我把莱顿先生的头发弄好了。
He kinda looked… Harry, what’s wrong with her?
他看起来。。。哈利,她怎么了?
Oh, she’s just pretending. Vada, get up here and eat your broccoli.
哦,她只是在假装。瓦达,上来吃你的花椰菜。
I think it’s my prostate.
我想是我的前列腺。
No. How many removals did you say we were expecting?
没有。你说我们要搬走多少人?
(SINGING I GOT RHYTHM)
(唱歌♥我有节奏)
Two. I’m gonna have to do a v-section on one.
两个。我要在其中一个上做个v型剖宫产。
Can you give me a hand?
你能帮我一下吗?
Well, I guess so. If you want.
嗯,我想是的。如果你愿意的话。
Now this isn’t gonna be a repeat of
现在这不会是重复的
that smelter accident a few years ago, is it?
几年前的那个冶炼厂事故,是吗?
Don’t mock that. That’s how we bought the new Cadillac.
别开玩笑了。我们就是这样买♥♥了新凯迪拉克的。
Yes, I know that. Except, I had a body in my bedroom,
是的,我知道。不过,我卧室里有具尸体,
you had a body in your bedroom.
你卧室里有具尸体。
We were littered with peoples’ bodies. (CONTINUES SINGING)
我们到处都是人的尸体。(继续唱)
Who’s winning? I am.
谁赢了?我是。
(GIRLS LAUGHING)
(女孩们笑)
Look. Vada and her little boyfriend.
你看。瓦达和她的小男友。
He is not my boyfriend.
他不是我男朋友。
I bet she kisses him on the lips.
我打赌她吻了他的嘴唇。
Do you think I’d kiss that ugly old thing?
你觉得我会吻那丑陋的老东西吗?
Yeah, anyway.
是的,不管怎样。
GIRL 1: Come on, let’s go.
女孩1:来吧,我们走。
GIRL 2: Judy’s father owns the Bijou Theater,
女孩2:朱迪的父亲拥有比约剧院,
and we get to see all the movies for free.
我们可以免费看所有的电影。
Maybe you can come sometime.
也许你什么时候能来。
Ew! Don’t invite her.
电子战!别邀请她。
She’ll have to bring her boyfriend.
她得带她男朋友来。
两者:坐在树上 *瓦达和托马斯
♪ Vada and Thomas
**K-I-S-S-I-N-G *
*K-I-S-S-I-N-G公♥司♥
**First comes love *
*首先是爱
** Then comes marriage *
*然后是婚姻
** Then comes Thomas J. in the baby carriage *
*然后托马斯J.坐在婴儿车里来了
You know, Vada, you shouldn’t let those girls upset you.
你知道,瓦达,你不应该让那些女孩让你难过。
I’m not upset. I will never play with those girls.
我不难过。我永远不会和那些女孩玩。
I only surround myself with people
我身边只有人