I was born jaundiced.
我生下来就有黄疸。
Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop
有一次我坐在卡车站的马桶上
and caught hemorrhoids,
得了痔疮,
and I’ve learned to live with this chicken bone
我已经学会了忍♥受这种鸡骨
that’s been lodged in my throat for the past three years.
这三年来一直卡在我喉咙里。
So I knew Dad would be devastated
所以我知道爸爸会很伤心
when he learned of my latest affliction.
当他得知我最近的痛苦时。
Dad, I don’t want to upset you,
爸爸,我不想让你难过,
but my left breast is developing
但我的左乳正在发育
at a significantly faster rate than my right.
以比我右边快得多的速度。
It can only mean one thing, cancer.
它只能意味着一件事,癌症。
I’m dying.
我要死了。
Okay.
可以。
Sweetie, hand me the mayonnaise out of the fridge.
甜心,把冰箱里的蛋黄酱递给我。
All right. Who’s in? Raise your hand.
好吧。谁在里面?举起你的手。
Are you coming or not, Thomas J?
你来不来,托马斯J?
I don’t think so.
我不这么认为。
VADA: I knew he wouldn’t come.
瓦达:我就知道他不会来。
I can’t. I have to go home.
不行,我得回家了。
Yeah, to play with his dolls.
是啊,玩他的娃娃。
Leave him alone.
别管他。
Come on, let’s go.
快点,我们走。
Hey! You didn’t pay me.
嘿!你没付我钱。
How do I know you’re gonna show us one?
我怎么知道你要给我们看一个?
You’re such a baby.
你真是个孩子。
All right.
好吧。
Here.
在这里。
Okay, follow me and don’t say a word.
好的,跟我来,一句话也别说。
You ready? Uh-huh.
准备好了吗?啊哈。
You sure you want to see it?
你确定要看吗?
Or is someone going to go yellowbelly?
还是有人要去黄肚子?
I’m not chicken!
我不是胆小鬼!
Okay. Lean forward.
可以。身体前倾。
(BOYS GASPING)
(男孩们喘息着)
It’s empty.
它是空的。
You’re so weird.
你真奇怪。
I want my money back.
我要拿回我的钱。
I was afraid of this.
我害怕这个。
Of what?
什么原因?
Well, sometimes when we get them, they’re not completely dead.
嗯,有时候当我们得到它们时,它们还没有完全死去。
You know, like when they cut a chicken’s head off
你知道,就像他们把鸡的头砍下来一样
and they still run around crazy.
他们仍然疯狂地跑来跑去。
You’re full of shit.
你满脑子都是狗屎。
I bet she’s roaming around this house somewhere.
我敢打赌她一定在这房♥子里到处转悠。
(SHUSHING)
(舒欣)
There she is. In the rocking chair.
她来了。在摇椅上。
(BOYS GASPING)
(男孩们喘息着)
BOY: Let’s get out of here.
男孩:我们走吧。
Quick. Come on.
快点。来吧。
Hurry up.
快点。
Hi, Gramoo.
嗨,格拉莫。
HARRY: Vada, would you bring down my cigarettes?
哈利:瓦达,你能把我的香烟拿下来吗?
See you later.
再见。
Did I tell you he was my woodshop teacher?
我告诉过你他是我的木工老师吗?
You took woodshop?
你拿了木屋?
Yeah, I made a tie rack.
是的,我做了个领带架。
I made a tie rack.
我做了个领带架。
Was it fancy? Yeah.
是不是很花哨?是 啊。
(CLEARS THROAT)
(清嗓子)
Vada, just put them on the stool.
瓦达,把它们放在凳子上。
Daddy, guess what? I beat Thomas J. in Monopoly yesterday.
爸爸,你猜怎么着?我昨天在大富翁中打败了托马斯J。
Yeah. Rack holds six ties.
是 啊。架子上有六条领带。
I still have mine.
我还有我的。
Arthur!
亚瑟!
Vada!
瓦达!
VADA: I beat Thomas J. in Monopoly yesterday.
瓦达:我昨天在《大富翁》中打败了托马斯J。
Good for you, baby.
对你有好处,宝贝。
Once you put the hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place,
一旦你把酒店放在木板路和公园广场上,
you’re a shoo-in to win.
你一定会赢的。
I like to buy up all the railroads.
我喜欢买♥♥下所有的铁路。
Vada, we’re trying to work here.
瓦达,我们在这里工作。
(MUSIC PLAYING ON RADIO)
(收音机播放音乐)
Cruella De Vil stole all the puppies.
克鲁拉·德维尔偷走了所有的小狗。
She was going to make a fur out of them.
她打算把它们做成毛皮。
Hand me the cannula.
把插管递给我。
(SINGING DO WAH DIDDY DIDDY)
(唱道:多华迪迪)
(SINGING ALONG)
(跟着唱)
Vada.
瓦达。
Dad?
爸爸?
I’m embalming my high school teacher.
我在给我的高中老师防腐。
Don’t sing.
别唱歌♥。
All right, Arthur. Just slide him to me a little bit.
好吧,亚瑟。把他推给我一点。
That’s it. That’s good.
就这样。那很好。
Okay. Put him in a nice model c-501.
可以。把他放在一个漂亮的模型c-501里。
Bronze, stainless Eternal Journey.
青铜,不锈钢永恒之旅。
Yeah, he’ll look like a champion.
是的,他看起来会像个冠军。
(DOORBELL CHIMES)
(门铃响了)
Is Mr. Harry Sultenfuss in?
哈里·苏丹福斯先生在吗?
Sure. Come on in.
当然。进来吧。
So, have you had the unfortunate experience
那么,你有过这种不幸的经历吗
of recently losing a loved one?
最近失去了爱人?
Could I see your dad? Just for a second?
我能看看你♥爸♥爸吗?就一会儿?
Dad, somebody’s here!
爸爸,有人来了!
He’s downstairs working on Mr. Layton.
他在楼下为莱顿先生干活。
Prostate cancer.
前列腺癌。
Once it hits your prostate, you’re a goner.
一旦它击中你的前列腺,你就死定了。
Oh.
哦。
(FOOTSTEPS APPROACHING)
(脚步声逼近)
How may I help you?
我能为您效劳吗?
I’m Shelly DeVoto.
我是雪莉·德维托。
We spoke the other day regarding the makeup artist job?
前几天我们谈过化妆师的工作?
Oh, yes.
哦,是的。
It’s still available, I hope?
我希望还能买♥♥到?
I think it’s still available.
我想还是可以的。
I’m a licensed cosmetologist.
我是有执照的美容师。
I worked for two years at the Dino Raphael salon.
我在迪诺拉斐尔沙龙工作了两年。
All my customers cried when I told them I was leaving.
当我告诉顾客我要离开时,他们都哭了。
Uh, Miss DeVoto…
呃,德维托小姐。。。
I have a wonderful disposition.
我的性情很好。
I put people right at ease.
我让人们安心。
Uh, Miss DeVoto, these people are already at ease.
呃,德维托小姐,这些人已经很放松了。
This is not a beauty parlor.
这不是美容院。
It’s a funeral parlor.
这是个殡仪馆。
They’re dead?
他们死了?
Yes, they are.
是的,他们是。
Stiffs?
斯蒂夫?
Deceased.
已故的。
The ad just said makeup artist.
广♥告♥上说是化妆师。
(DOORBELL RINGS)
(门铃响了)
Uh, excuse me a second, will you?
呃,打扰一下,好吗?
Sure.
当然。
Oh, hi, George.
哦,嗨,乔治。
This is a 1♥2♥5♥8♥.
这是1♥2♥5♥8♥。
I didn’t want the burnished handles.
我不想要磨光的把手。
VADA: Is that your camper? SHELLY: Yes, it is.
瓦达:那是你的露营车吗?雪莉:是的。
That’s really cool.
那真的很酷。
Hello.
你好。
She’s shy.
她很害羞。
Oh.
哦。
Just put it back in the display room, fellas.
把它放回陈列室,伙计们。

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!