where I cannot be governed by fear.
我练过拳击
I trained to fight.
但自从那次惊吓后…
But you do not trust your god anymore…
你就不在信任你的上帝了吗
since your surprise?
不 以免上帝太忙碌
No, in case He is busy.
上帝总是忙碌的
God is always busy.
是马斯特曼干的
It’s Masterman.
一个濒死的人没什么可失去的
A man dying is a man with nothing to lose.
很好 布克 但是马奎兹先生…
Bravo, Bouc. Except for the problem of Mr. Marquez…
已经证实
who has now confirmed
与他同铺的马斯特曼…
that his bunkmate, Masterman…
在雷切特死亡的时候 正在床上睡觉
was reading in his bed at the time of death.
如果这么容易 我也不会出名了 下一个
If it were easy, I would not be famous. Next.
德贝纳姆小姐…
Miss Debenham…
你不介意我们在室外吹点风吧
you do not mind to brace the air?
我们为你准备了野餐
For you, we have the picnic.
却让我得室友在狭窄的车厢里受审
While you made my roommate suffer cramped quarters.
我明白了
I see.
选择最合适的地方
Choose the best location
来从不同的嫌疑人口中套出真话
to extract the truth from each suspect.
让她紧张 而让我受冻
Put her off-balance and me, freeze.
聪明
Clever.
可以请你写下你的全名
Will you write down your full name
和地址吗
and address, please?
顺便说一下 我的睡袍是淡紫色的
A pale mauve, by the way.
埃斯特拉瓦多斯小姐和我说 你问了
Miss Estravados told me you asked
她睡袍的颜色
the color of her dressing gown.
谢谢
Merci.
玛丽 赫迈奥妮 德贝纳姆
“Mary Hermione Debenham.”
你被人叫做赫迈奥妮过吗
Do you ever go by Hermione?
我没被雇佣作德贝纳姆老师时 别人一直叫我玛丽
A constant Mary, when I’m not employed as Miss Debenham.
我是左撇子
Left-handed.
不大寻常 我知道
Unusual, I know.
你不能就这么妄下结论
You mustn’t have your theory fixed
如果你在检查我的笔迹的话
if you’re testing my handwriting.
你对死者怎么看
What did you think of the dead man?
呃 我只能说 我没怎么想过他
Uh, I can’t say I did think about him.
我不太明白你问题的意义
I don’t quite see the point of your question.
喔 原谅我小小的发挥 小姐
Oh, forgive me, mademoiselle, my little originalities.
人性错综复杂 总是反常的
Human nature is perverse in its complexity.
要挖掘人性 需要正确的工具
To plumb it, it takes the right tools.
这些是玩具 不是工具 赫尔克里
These are toys, not tools, Hercule.
我建议你把它们放一边吧
I prefer you put them away.
直接的办法呢 冻糕
The direct method? Parfait.
乘车之前你认识那医生吗
You knew the doctor before traveling?
阿巴斯♥诺♥特医生
Dr. Arbuthnot?
不认识
No.
却如此一见钟情吗
But such instant attraction?
我们不是在美国…
We are not in America…
德贝纳姆小姐 没有法律禁止
Miss Debenham. There are no laws
你这样的情感
against what you may feel.
也没有法律禁止我保持沉默 对此…
Nor are there laws against silence, of which…
我保持…
I hold my…
我从未去过美国
I’ve never been to America.
或许我可以问问一些…
Perhaps I may ask about some…
我碰巧听见的话吗
words I overheard?
你和这位陌生人 阿巴斯♥诺♥特
You and the stranger, Arbuthnot,
比陌生人的关系更亲近
are closer than strangers might be.
你说…
You said…
现在不行 等我们成了 没人能阻止我们
“Not now. When we are done. Then no one can touch us.”
你是什么意思
What did you mean?
你觉得我是在说谋杀吗
You think I meant murder?
对一个拿着锤子的人来说 每个问题都是钉子
To a man with a hammer, every problem is a nail.
你活在犯罪中
You live crime.
– 你每天都目睹罪恶 – 并不是
– You see evil every day. – Not so.
我见过足够多的犯罪
I see enough crime to know
我知道 犯罪行为是反常的
that the criminal act is the anomaly.
我相信 谋杀一个人…
I believe it takes a fracture of the soul…
会带走灵魂的一部分
to murder another human being.
我再问一遍 你的话是什么意思
I ask again, what did you mean?
我们已达成一致…
As we established…
没有法律禁止我保持沉默
there are no laws against my silence.
很好
Very well.
那么之后呢 德卓戈米罗夫公主
And afterwards, Princess Dragomiroff?
晚餐后 我上♥床♥睡觉
After dinner, I came to bed.
上帝赐我长寿
God blessed me with long life,
却给了我这带病的背 让我痛苦
but cursed me with a bad back to make it miserable.
大约十二点四十五分…
About a quarter to 1:00…
我叫来施密特小姐
I called for Fraulein Schmidt.
– 嗯哼 – 她替我按♥摩♥…
– Mmm-hmm. – She massaged me…
给我读了一会书
and read to me for a while.
– 然后我就睡了 – 嗯哼
– Then I sleep. – Mmm-hmm.
您和阿姆斯壮一家…
Were you ever acquainted…
熟悉吗
with a family by the name of Armstrong?
他们遭受过无法言说的不幸
They endured an unspeakable tragedy.
我很仰慕索尼娅 阿姆斯壮的母亲…
I was an admirer of Sonia Armstrong’s mother…
女演员 琳达·亚登
Linda Arden, the actress.
百年难见的天才
A once-a-century talent.
亚登小姐本准备转做导演
Miss Arden was to turn to directing.
倘若没有那场悲剧
She would have become the first
[百老汇:纽约市重要的南北向道路,是美国戏剧]
[和音乐剧的重要发扬地,因此成为了音乐剧的代名词]
她本能成为百老汇…
woman titan of Broadway…
第一位女巨人
were it not for the tragedy.
这位琳达·亚登 她去世了吗
And this Linda Arden, she is dead?
她要是去世了倒还好些
She might as well be.
她不再离开家
She no longer leaves her home.
黛西是我的教女
Daisy was my goddaughter.
她是个…
She was a…
我不明白这和我们的问题有什么关系 侦探先生
I don’t see how this relates to our troubles, Detective.
昨晚被杀的男人 他的真名是卡塞蒂
The man killed last night, his true name was Cassetti.
他就是谋杀了黛西 阿姆斯壮的人
The man who murdered little Daisy Armstrong.
我知道了
I see.
我承认我认识这家人 现在这男人死了
I admit I know this family, and now this man is dead.
这样的巧合…
The coincidence…
一定让人难以置信
must seem unbearable.
巧合是允许出现的
You may be permitted a coincidence.
我现在要问施密特小姐几个问题
I must now ask a few questions of your Fraulein Schmidt.
不 没这个必要
No. There is no need.
我可以替她回答
I can answer to her character.
请您允许我亲自问她
Even still, if you will allow.
小姐 请你用德语回答我
Fraulein. Answer please in German.
但是公主殿下会听不懂
But her Excellency cannot comprehend me.
这才是重点
That is the point.
这是你的吗 H代表希尔德加德
This is yours? H for Hildegarde?
我不可能有这么贵重的东西
It is too fine for me.
公主说的昨晚的事属实吗
This is the truth about last night?
就像她说的一样 她让列车员来找我
As she said. She sent the conductor for me,
之后我就回床上去了
then I returned to bed.
你回去的时候有看到什么人吗
Did you see anyone when you returned?
只有另一个列车员
Only the other conductor.
另一个列车员
“The other conductor.”
你是说米歇尔吗
You mean Michel?
不是 不是叫醒我的人 是另一个
No. A different one than had awoken me.
请跟我来
Please come with me.
你确定你没看到他吗
Are you sure you did not see him?
我确定 另一个列车员
I’m certain. The other conductor
长得不高 胡子很短
was a small man with a short beard.
确定吗 这里只有一个列车员
Probably, there is no other conductor.
我知道我看到了什么
I know what I saw.
我能记得是因为他的声音很高
I remember because his voice was high
而且穿着一样的制♥服♥

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!