Madame, madame.
都安顿好了吗
All settled in?
都安排好了 都如广♥告♥所说那样
Ah, merci! As advertised.
不过 车上最好的可不是食物
And yet, the best things on the train are not food.
而是一群陌生人…
You know there’s something about…
缘分使然坐上了同一趟列车
a tangle of strangers pressed together
一待就是几天…
for days on end, with nothing in common…
除此之外 毫无联♥系♥…
but the need to go from one place to another…
下车后就再也不见
then never to see each other again.
闲来无聊碰上萍水相逢…
Boredom plus anonymity plus a…
再配上这曼妙的晃动
constant, gentle rocking.
就你这样很难成大事
With your hobbies, you will never amount to anything.
我倒希望是这样
God, I hope so. Hmm.
我要点道鱼
Order me the fish.
把石斑鱼换成比目鱼
Um, exchange grouper for sole,
再把莴苣换成土豆…
escarole for the potato, and…
还有 牛肉汤换成骨汤
the beef sauce for the velouté.
服务员 这听上去很棒 给我也来一份
Garéon, that sounds superb. The same for me.
德拉戈米罗夫公主
The Princess Dragomiroff.
如果我为了钱和人结婚
You know, if I ever were to marry for money,
就找她这么有钱的
I’d marry for that much money.
早上我给达莉娅梳了毛
I brushed Dalia this morning.
不 我让你给我的小狗梳毛
No, you tortured my darling doggy.
你却在折磨她
I asked you to brush her.
你还是爱看狄更斯的书吗
Are you still enjoying your Dickens?
当然了 我的朋友
Very much, mon ami.
你这样光顾着看书和破案
You know, with your books and your capers,
很容易就错过艳遇
you are missing out on romance.
艳遇都是要付出代价的
Romance never goes unpunished.
我以前…
There was, uh…
也爱过一个人
There was someone once.
我希望之后别再让我坐在那个人旁边了
I would prefer, in the future, to be sat not with that man.
物以类聚 人以群分
Like should be seated with like.
我们并不是一类人
We are not alike.
不是所有人都会
Not all of us are so concerned
那么在意种族差异 教授
with the separateness of races, Professor.
我的坚持完全是
It is out of respect for all kinds
出于对所有种族的尊重
that I prefer to keep them separate.
如果把红酒和白酒混在一起
To mix your red wine and the white
两者就都毁了
would be to ruin them both.
我喜欢桃红酒
I like a good rosé.
你好吗 不介意…
Hey, how you doing? Would you mind…
我坐在这里吧
if I joined you?
甜品是一种享受…
Dessert is an indulgence…
一个人独享就实在太蠢了
and I feel kinda silly and stupid indulging alone.
我一个人待着挺好的
I am at my happiest alone.
不过…
But…
看在你这份丹麦卷的份上
for a small piece of your fragelité,
一起吧
please join me.
好的 不好意思 再拿把叉子
Oh, with pleasure. Excuse me, another fork?
我一直想找机会认识你 波洛先生
I’ve been trying to make your acquaintance, Mr. Poirot.
谢谢
Merci.
我从来没有这么近距离的接触过名人
I never ever sat so close to fame before.
不对我说谎了
No, I tell a lie.
我曾和泰·柯布坐过一辆车
Once, I was on a bus with Ty Cobb.
底特律的球员
Ball player, Detroit. Ah.
你不介意我把顶上这些吃掉吧
Would you mind if I have the little curly bit at the top?
你还挺奇葩的
You’re an odd bird there.
真是一个怪人
You’re a strange, peculiar man.
到了这把年纪
I am of an age
我很清楚自己想要什么 不要什么
where I know what I like and what I do not like.
喜欢的东西尽情享受
What I like, I enjoy enormously.
不喜欢的绝不容忍♥
What I dislike, I cannot abide.
比如 谈生意前 人们都爱说的
For instance, the temporary pleasantries
那些客套话 我就很讨厌
before what is determined to be a business discussion.
你很有趣
You’re fun.
好吧
All right.
我想雇你做一件事
I would like to offer you a job.
报纸称呼您为
“The avenger of the innocent.”
“为清白而战的复仇者”
It’s what they call you in the papers.
你是清白之人吗
And you are an innocent?
我是个商人
I’m a businessman.
我是个艺术商人 我是说 我还是个新手
I’m an art dealer. I mean, I’m new to it.
但是刚开始运气就挺好的
But my beginner’s luck has panned out.
文物 古董
Relics, antiquities.
地毯 奇怪的玩意 东方的物品
Rugs, weird. Orientals.
我是刚入行的 所以眼光有些业余
I’m new to the game, so I got the amateur eyeball.
不过我觉得那些 呃…
But I got a little problem with these, uh…
所谓的鉴定师有点儿问题
so-called appraisers.
其中任何一个都不能相信
You can’t trust a one of ’em.
我的一些顾客…
Some of my customers…
他们买♥♥了点东西…
they buy a piece…
然后发现那些东西是赝品…
they find out that they’re not exactly original…
不能说是我的错…
which is hardly my fault…
谁知道卡香丝绸围巾是假货
if a Kashan silk scarf is a fake.
对吧
Right? Huh?
没错
C’est bon.
但事情是我结下了点儿梁子
But I’ve managed to make a few enemies, is the thing.
我收到一些信 有人在威胁我
I got a few letters, people making threats.
我认为 很可能是那些意大利人
I think, most likely, it’s the Italians.
我在米兰卖♥♥给他们一套东方地毯
I sold them a set of Oriental carpets in Milan.
然而买♥♥家对其来源不是很满意
And the buyers weren’t so happy with the provenance.
他们想要把本钱和利润都要回去 你懂吧
And they want their money back with interest, you know?
意大利人
Italians.
他们就是这样
A guinea’s a guinea.
接着迎面而来一位大侦探
And then comes along the genius detective.
我吗
Me?
– 是的 就是你 赫拉克勒斯 波罗 – 赫尔克里
– Yes, you. Hercules Poirot. – Hercule.
呃…
Um…
我要说我想要做的事情
Here’s what I’d like to do.
我想要雇你保护我…
I would like to hire you to watch my back…
直到我安全到达某地
until I get someplace safe.
这对你来说是很容易到手的钱
It’s easy money for you.
我也是为了心安 你知道吧
And it’s peace of mind for me, you know?
我明白了 很好
I understand. Good.
我拒绝
I refuse.
抱歉 那就不好了
I’m sorry? That’s bad.
或许我说的不够清楚
Maybe I didn’t make myself clear enough.
你看 有人要对我不利
You see, someone’s out to get me.
我知道我并不是什么好人 也绝不可能是
And I know I’m not the best guy born, not by a long shot.
如果死后有另一个世界
And if there’s a world after this one,
我会和你一样面临审判
I will face judgment just like you.
但是…
But…
我还不急着去那儿
I ain’t in no goddamn rush to do it.
你在拿枪指着我吗 不是
You’re holding a gun on me? No.
不是你 是这个世界
Not you. On the world.
我存在于世界 不要用枪指着我
I exist in the world. Do not point a gun at me.
一个星期一万如何
How’s ten thousand sound for a week?
确实慷慨 雷切特先生 我必须拒绝
It’s a generous offer, Mr. Ratchett. I must decline.
一万五呢
Fifteen thousand?
你没听见我的说的 我拒绝
You didn’t hear me. I decline.
噢 我懂了
Oh, I get it.
对于伟大的赫拉克勒斯 波罗来说 这事儿不够光彩 是吧
It’s not flashy enough for the great Hercules Poirot, huh?
没有闪光灯…
No flashbulbs…
你卖♥♥假货给匪徒
You sell fakes to gangsters.
你得承担后果
You’re suffering the consequences.
我找出罪犯 但我不保护他们
I detect criminals. I do not protect them.
所以你是拒绝我的脏钱
So you say “No” To my dirty money.
我是拒绝你 雷切特先生
I say “No” To you, Mr. Ratchett.
是枪的事儿 对吧 就是这个吗
Business with the gun, right? Is that what it was?
更多的是个人原因

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!