and the chance to kill him is clear.
为什么我要这么做
Why would I do any of that?
我们已经想到了你的动机
We have established your motive.
或许我可以提出另外一点
Perhaps I will suggest a different one.
一个不一样的原因 更加私人的原因
A different reason, a more personal reason.
一个靠教育而非性格的律师
“A lawyer by education, not by disposition.”
我想知道为什么你要学法律
Why did you pursue the law, I wonder?
是为了一个深爱的
Was it to appease a much loved,
但是希望子承父业的父亲…
but demanding father…
他在同样的领域
one who himself had made a great success
也很成功…
in the same field…
之后却失去了他的地位
and then lost his position?
麦昆曾经很有名 不是吗
There was a renowned MacQueen, was there not?
新泽西的区域律师…
The district attorney for the state of New Jersey…
为阿姆斯壮一案
responsible for the prosecution
做检察官
of the Armstrong case.
他们没有嫌疑人
They didn’t have a suspect.
我的父亲压力巨大
My dad was pressured to go after
在这个可怜的法国女人…
this poor French woman…
一个柔弱的女佣之后?
a maid with a weak alibi, Susanne.
他把整个案子都退给女佣
He hung his whole case on her.
她就自杀了
She killed herself.
她是无辜的
She was innocent.
当证据指向卡塞蒂的时候
By the time the evidence lead to Cassetti,
哦 他早已去世了
oh, he was long gone.
他们败坏了他的名声
They tore my old man apart.
我不能为他做任何事
I couldn’t do anything for him.
所以你说
And yet you claim
你不知道雷切特就是卡塞蒂
that you did not know Ratchett was Cassetti?
不 不
No, no.
但是你找到他了
But you found him.
没有
No.
你找到他了
You found him.
– 你榨干了他… – 没有
– You bled him dry… – No.
为了给你父亲报仇
in order to settle your father’s debts,
最后 完成计划
and then finally, to settle the score.
不 不 不
No, no, no.
不 不是…
No. It wasn’t…
不是这样的 不是这样的…
It wasn’t like that. It’s not the way…
有人闯了进来…
Someone kicked in the door…
医生
Doctor!
蒙住了我的脸
covered my face.
好吧 这个要立刻拔♥出♥来♥
All right, this needs to come out now.
– 我需要我的包 – 当然
– I want my bag. – Of course.
在我的车厢里
It’s in my compartment.
这样不会留下指纹
There will be no fingerprints.
凶手要销毁杀人凶器
The killer was disposing of the murder weapon.
在这儿
It’s there!
凶手没有刺中肺或者动脉
The killer didn’t hit a lung or artery.
她能活下来真是幸运
She’s lucky to be alive.
你们都很幸运
You all are.
是啊 天才
Yeah, some genius!
为什么你还不破案
Why haven’t you solved this case?
要给他些时间
You must give the man some time.
是啊…
Yeah, well…
我等不下去了 我要死了
I can’t give that much more. I don’t have any blood left.
是啊
Yeah.
你们询问麦奎因先生
Accosting Mr. MacQueen,
然而真正的凶手就在这里
and the real killer is right here.
你们中的一员
One of you people.
我不知道你是谁 我什么都没说
I don’t know who you are. I said nothing.
拜托 别来搞我
Please, leave me alone.
朋友们 早上轨道就会被清理干净
My friends, the tracks will be cleared by morning.
拜托 回房♥间去
Please, return to your rooms.
我要在这里睡…
I’m sleeping here…
我们互相都可以看到的地方
where everyone can see me and I can see everyone.
你们都应该这么做 这样比较暖
You should all do the same. Conserve heat.
请大家待在视野开阔 安全的地方 直到早上
Remain in the open, safely in view, until morning.
凶手要再杀人的话可是不会犹豫的
A killer will never hesitate to kill again.
不管他有没有外交豁免权…
I will convey the same message to the Andrenyis…
我都会告诉他同样的话
diplomatic immunity or not.
如果可以的话 我想看看你的护照
If I may, I will look at your passports.
你知道我必须要和她聊聊
You know that I must talk with her.
还有 你的妻子的名字上有块油斑
By the way, there is a grease spot on your wife’s name.
你或许想看看
You might want to look at that.
伊莲娜不太好
Elena is not well.
如果你不要我这么做的话
If you do not permit me, your reluctance
我会告诉南斯拉夫警方你不合作…
will be noted to the Yugoslav Police…
而且我不确定他们会不会把你们都抓起来…
and I have no doubt that they will arrest both you and…
你怎么可以
How dare you!
亲爱的
Darling!
亲爱的
Darling.
波罗先生 你看起来真好笑
You are funny-looking, monsieur Poirot.
所有侦探都长的这这么好笑吗
Are all detectives so funny-looking?
很抱歉叫醒你 康科斯夫人
I am sorry to wake you, Madame la Comtesse.
嗯
Hmm.
我总是在夜晚醒着
I am always awake at night.
在白天睡觉
In the day, I sleep.
有些怕黑 但我忍♥受不了光
Some fear darkness, but I cannot stand the light.
你总是服用…
You are always under the influence of…
巴比妥
Barbital.
[巴比妥:一种镇静剂]
巴比妥 巴比妥
Barbital, barbital.
我会服用很多
I take oceans of it.
哦 撒谎是没用的 亲爱的
Oh, there’s no use in a lie, love.
他能看透我们
He can see right through us.
我不能出门不带它
I cannot go outside without it.
没有它我睡不着
I cannot sleep without it.
我用它来驱赶恐惧
I take it against my fears.
你的恐惧是什么
What are you afraid of?
一切
Everything.
你护照上显示你本名戈登堡
Your passport has your maiden name as Goldenberg.
犹太人 是吗
Jewish, yes?
并不是纯犹太人 我的中间名不是玛丽亚
Not so Jewish. My middle name isn’t Maria.
那你和你丈夫一样是舞者吗
And you are a dancer like your husband?
不 和我丈夫不一样
No, not like my husband.
在芭蕾舞团
Corps de ballet.
他被天使触碰过
He is touched by angels.
我通过热情和
I have been shoved by passion
努力变得能胜任
and hard work to become adequate.
不好意思 我必须去躺着了
Excuse me, I must lie down again.
这是你唯一的一件睡衣吗
Is this your only dressing gown?
不 我还有一件 玉米色的雪纺衫
No, I have another. Corn-colored chiffon.
我喜欢和侦探聊天
I like speaking to detectives.
你永远不知道他们接下来要问什么
You never know what they’re going to ask you next.
我对首都特别擅长
I’m particularly good at capitals.
我的女家教对地理十分热衷
My governess was a stickler for geography.
你满意了吗
Are you satisfied?
我总会因为发现说谎者而感到满足
I am always satisfied when I uncover a liar.
夫人 你的名字不是艾琳娜 而是海伦娜
Madame, your name is not Elena. It is Helena.
尽管你笨拙地尝试去
Despite your clumsy attempts
在你的行李上改动它
to change it here and on your luggage.
我丈夫听说
My husband heard
发现了一些证据…
of a piece of evidence found…
一块刺绣着H的手帕
a handkerchief embroidered with an “H,”
他不想让我因为H被牵连
and didn’t want my “H” Involved.
所以我们做了手脚 行李还有护照
So we changed it. The luggage and the passport.
想要摆脱麻烦并不等同于犯罪
It’s no crime to want to be distant from trouble.
是 但问题就是
Yet, here is trouble.
一个令人好奇的细节是
A curious detail
在阿姆斯壮惨案中…
about the Armstrong tragedy at the heart of this case…