《东方快车谋杀案》
[一九三四年 耶路撒冷 哭墙]
他四分钟前就要求了
He said four minutes precisely.
不 不 不
Non, non, non.
快点
Quickly.
这次是两个完美的鸡蛋了 是吧
Two perfect eggs this time, no?
噢
Ah.
嗯
Hmm.
也许吧
Maybe.
我怪那只鸡
I blame the chicken.
为什么母鸡们要下出不一样的蛋呢
Why do hens lay eggs of different sizes?
这不是你的错 我的朋友
It’s not you, mon ami.
这是两个不错的鸡蛋
These are two perfectly good oeufs.
波洛先生…
Mr. Poirot…
三个教派处于骚乱之中
I’ve got three religions bent on riot.
如果你要表演你的魔法
If you’re going to perform one of your miracles,
现在正是时候
the time is now.
你吃吧 我们走
Have the eggs. Allons-y!
波洛
Poirot!
不好意思 呃…
Sorry for the, um…
不是这 呃…
It is not the, uh…
是这种不平衡感…
It is the imbalance of the…
好吧
Right.
好多了
That’s better.
让一下 这边走
Excuse me. Coming through.
请让一下 不好意思
Make way, please. Excuse me.
请传唤被告人
Please call for the accused.
拉比…
The rabbi…
神父…
the priest…
阿訇
and the imam.
就像过去的笑话 对吧
It is like the old joke, yes?
拉比 神父 阿訇
The rabbi, the priest, and the imam.
请原谅 我是比利时人
Forgive me, I am Belgian.
那么 让我们开始吧
So, let us begin.
就在上方的圣墓教堂里…
In the Church of the Holy Sepulchre above us…
三位代表人在警方总督察的…
three representatives meet under the supervision…
监视之下会面
of the Chief Inspector of Police
为利用集♥会♥讨论划分时间表
to discuss a divided timetable for market use.
在紧张的会面一小时后…
One hour after this tense meeting…
一个珍贵的宝物发现被窃
a priceless relic is found to be stolen.
据说是三人中的一人偷窃的
It is said, one of these three men has stolen it.
警方没有发现任何蛛丝马迹
The police find no pieces of evidence at all.
但我发现了
I find one.
在精心保存的壁画墙上…
On the meticulously well-kept wall of a fresco…
小偷在攀爬时不小心留下了一条裂缝…
a single crack from an indelicate climb…
他穿着硬底鞋或靴子
with a hard-soled shoe or perhaps a boot.
那么 女士们先生们 我们必须想想…
So, ladies and gentlemen, we must ask…
谁从此案中获益
who stands to benefit from the crime.
三位神职人员生活拮据
Our three holy men live humbly.
他们穿着薄底鞋
They’re thin-soled shoes poor.
突然发横财或者拿着红宝石对他们来说太显眼了…
Sudden riches and rubies would be…
无福消受 他们不会获益
too conspicuous, yes, to enjoy. They do not gain.
此时 请一名武装守卫守在南门
At this point, we need an armed guard at the south gate.
非常感谢
Thank you very much.
因此 唯一…
No, the only one…
能从偷窃以及引起的骚乱中获益的人…
who benefits from the theft and the unrest it causes…
我今早已经搜查过他的办公室了…
is a man whose office I had searched this morning…
在我等待的过程中 我不得不说
as I waited, I have to tell you,
我对早餐非常失望
rather disappointedly upon my breakfast.
尺寸不一的鸡蛋 你们没必要知道这个
Difficulty with eggs. You don’t need to know this.
一个被予以重金来维持耶路撒冷秩序的人
A man who is paid lavishly to keep order in Jerusalem.
我指的当然是
I mean, of course,
警方总督察
the Chief Inspector of the Police.
他不希望失去这份待遇优厚的工作…
A man who does not wish to lose a well-paid post…
因为此时当地人
when there is discussion
正讨论着自治…
among the local peoples of self-governance…
并且他穿着靴子 我想 他正在后悔…
who does wear boots, and who, I believe, now does regret…
请我来调查这桩案子
inviting me to consult on this case.
你胆敢控告我
How dare you accuse me!
请问 军士…
Please, Sergeant…
你如我所说搜查了办公室吗
did you search the office as I asked?
是的 先生
Uh, yes, sir.
你找到我说的东西了吗
And did you find what I said you might?
是的 先生 如你所说的那样
Uh, yes, sir. Just as you said.
谢谢
Merci.
站住
Halt!
你需要递送那个 上尉
You need to deliver that, Captain.
必须要一早首先送到
It should be through first thing in the morning.
很好 先生
Very good, sir.
行李已经送上船了 先生
Luggage is on board, sir.
我很荣幸地护送您上船
I won the right to escort you to your boat.
开往伊斯坦布尔 然后呢
To Stamboul, then?
您直接回伦敦吗
Will you be back to London straight off?
我累了 我要给自己放个小长假
I am tired, and I have earned myself a little holiday.
我想去看看画展
I want to look at paintings
反正有大把时间
and have too much time on my hands.
你一直盯着我看 有事吗
You are staring. Does it stop?
我只是…
It’s just…
您怎么知道是他偷的 先生
How did you know it was him, sir?
只是从墙上一个小裂缝吗
From just a tiny crack on the wall.
我有一种天赋…
I have the advantage…
我能看见世界本来的模样
I can only see the world as it should be.
当它不符合时 那种不完美感就会很突兀…
And when it is not, the imperfection stands out…
就像脸上的鼻子
like the nose in the middle of a face.
这种天赋使生活大多数时候难以忍♥受
It makes most of life unbearable.
但它在查案时很有用
But it is useful in the detection of crime.
感觉您看透了人们的心
But it’s as though you see into their hearts
探知他们的本性
and divine their true natures.
无论人们说什么
And whatever people say,
要么是对的 要么是错的
there is right, there is wrong.
没有灰色地带
There is nothing in between.
就送到这吧
We must part here.
不 先生 我要送你上船
Oh, no, sir, I’m to escort you on the ferry.
再见 上尉
Au revoir, mon capitaine.
我们一定永远不会再见了
We must never meet again.
你能把领带戴正吗 有一点歪
Could you straighten your tie, please? Just a little.
没错 那样好多了
Yes. That is perfect.
请所有乘客上船
Final passengers, please!
噢 对不起
Oh, I’m sorry.
很快就修好了
Will be fixed soon.
能及时修好吗
But, will it be fixed in time?
我们在想办法
We are working!
我要去伊斯坦布尔转火车
I have a connection in Stamboul.
明早七点开车
Leaves tomorrow at seven.
伦敦有一个重病患者在等我医治
There’s a very ill patient waiting for me in London.
我是医生
I am a doctor.
医生
Doctor.
我是医生
I am a doctor.
我竟然用英语对你们吼
I am shouting at you in English,
嗓门那么大 还说的很慢
and now I’m doing it louder and slower.
真愚蠢 请原谅
Very silly, forgive me.
我能帮得上忙吗 让我帮忙吧
May I help? Let me help.
我认得你的胡子
I know your mustache.
在报纸上
From the papers.
你是那个侦探 赫勒克勒斯 波洛
You’re the detective, Hercules Poirot?
赫尔克里 波洛 你说的那位是杀死狮子的大力神 小姐
Hercule Poirot. I do not slay the lions. Mademoiselle.
我叫玛丽 德贝纳姆 先生
Mary Debenham, monsieur.
我可能会记错名字但是不会认错脸的
I’ll forget a name but never a face.
至少你的脸我不会认错
Not yours, anyway.
你从巴格达来的
You come from Baghdad?
没错 果真没什么能逃开你的法眼
It’s true. No detail escapes his notice.