I understand.
这并不是说 对于战争 我们在军事上没有未雨绸缪
It’s not that we’re militarily unprepared for war.
这倒是可以补救 也正在补救
That can be remedied, is being remedied.
我更担心的是 若是看不到国家领导人
It’s– it is rather that I… I fear for the spiritual wellbeing of our people
尽一切努力 采取一切行动 来阻止冲突再次发生
if they don’t see their leaders doing everything, absolutely everything,
我国人♥民♥的心理安康会有问题
to prevent another conflict.
因为有一件事我很确定
‘Cause of one thing, I’m certain.
战火一开
If it comes,
下一次战争将比上一次更可怕
the next war will be infinitely worse than the last.
人♥民♥需要更大的毅力才能熬过去
And they will need even greater fortitude to survive it.
-内维尔 -不
-Neville. -No.
没事的
It’s all right. It’s all right.
走吧 进去吧
Come on. Let’s go in.
这位是琼 勒加特先生 她是速度最快的打字员
This is Joan, Mr. Legat. She’s our fastest.
琼 把手上的活儿停一下
Joan, stop what you’re doing now.
勒加特先生需要你 把首相的下议院演说稿打出来
Mr. Legat needs you to type up the PM’s speech for the House.
-没问题 -谢谢
-Of course. -Thank you.
-谢谢你速度这么快 -不客气
-Thank you for doing this so quickly. -You’re most welcome.
请打出四份
If you could make four copies, please.
这些红色的备注和修改 保持原位就行
These notes in red, these amendments, if you can put them in where they are.
没问题 谢谢
Absolutely, thank you.
麻烦你站远一点行吗
Could you, um… stand a little further away, please?
好 抱歉
Right, sorry.
抱歉 你贵姓…
Sorry, Miss, um…
叫我琼就行了
Joan will be sufficient.
如果你想知道我来自哪里…
And if you want to know where I’m from…
-我… -…答案是诺丁汉
– I– – …the answer is Nottingham.
什么事
Yes?
抱歉我耽搁了 先生
Sorry for my delay, sir. !
勒加特 来得正好
Legat, good, good.
我们必须跟柏林保持密切联络
Now, we can’t risk losing the connection to Berlin.
塞耶斯守着来自罗马的电♥话♥ 我希望你坐在这里
Syers has the line to Rome, so I want you to sit here…
把那把椅子挪过来
Bring that chair over.
保持线路畅通 仔细听 别错过任何消息
…and keep the line open and listen out for news.
-你觉得你可以做到吗 -是的 长官
-Do you think you can manage that? -Of course, sir.
我具体要听什么消息
What exactly am I listening for?
看墨索里尼是否介入
To see whether Mussolini’s intervened.
在发表下议院演说前 首相需要知情
The PM needs to know before he addresses the House.
形势越来越紧张了
Things are getting tight.
是啊 很明显 真令人不爽
Yes. That is painfully obvious.
-有消息吗 -还没有
-Anything? -Not yet.
怎么…
What…
-恐怕现在得离开了 长官 -好
-I’m afraid we do need to leave now, sir. -Yes.
您将于10分钟后在下议院演说
-You address the House in ten minutes. -Yes, I know.
-没消息 -没有 先生
-Nothing? -Nothing, sir.
-没占线吧 -没有 没回复
-The line’s open? -The line’s open. No reply.
长官
-Sir. -Yes.
好 好的
Yes, all right!
勒加特 如果首相演说时有消息传来
If news comes once the PM is speaking, Legat,
请马上通知
-bring it to the chamber immediately.
好 长官
-Yes, sir.
-安妮来了吗 -她先走了
-Is Anne here? -She’s gone on ahead.
她会坐在旁听席 我也是
She’ll be in the gallery, as will I.
-您的帽子 先生 -非常感谢
-Your hat, sir. -Thank you so much.
-上帝保佑您 张伯伦先生 -张伯伦先生
– God bless you, Mr. Chamberlain! – Mr. Chamberlain!
祝您好运 长官
Good luck, sir.
我们都支持您 上帝保佑您
We’re all behind you. God bless you.
-喂 -我是大使
– Hello? – This is the ambassador.
韩德森先生 我是休勒加特 首相的私人秘书
Mr. Henderson, this is Hugh Legat, the prime minister’s private secretary.
我刚从希♥特♥勒♥先生那里回来 首相呢
I just returned from Herr Hitler. Where’s the PM?
对于英王陛下的政♥府♥来说
For His Majesty’s Government,
有三种可能被采纳的
there were three alternative courses
替代方案
that might have been adopted.
我们可以威胁 如果德国侵捷
Either we could have threatened to go to war with Germany
我们将与之开战
if it attacked Czechoslovakia,
抑或我们可以袖手旁观 任由事态发展
or we could have stood aside and allowed matters to take their course.
抑或最后一个替代方案 我们也可以试图
Or finally, we could attempt
通过调解来达成和平解决
a peaceful settlement by way of mediation.
同意
Hear, hear.
我很清楚 我敞开心扉接受批评
I know very well that I have opened myself to criticism
-理由是我有损… -柏林传来的消息
-on the grounds that I was detracting… -It’s a message from Berlin.
英国首相的尊严
…from the dignity of a British prime minister,
令众人失望
and to disappointment
如果我无法达成
and perhaps even resentment…
令人满意的协议 甚至可能让怨恨声四起
…if I failed to deliver a satisfactory agreement.

I am…
可以向下议院报告
able to report to the House
我刚获悉来自柏林的消息
that I have just received news from Berlin
希♥特♥勒♥先生
that Herr Hitler
推迟了动员
has postponed mobilisation.
此外
Furthermore,
他还邀请我
– he has invited me… – Very well done, Prime Minister!
以及墨索里尼先生
…along with Signor Mussolini
和法国总理达拉第先生
and the prime minister of France, Monsieur Daladier,
明天在慕尼黑与他会面
to meet him in Munich tomorrow…
以解决苏台德地区这一问题
…to resolve the Sudetenland issue.
各位
Gentlemen.
开始了吗
Is it starting?
墨索里尼说服希♥特♥勒♥明天在慕尼黑
Mussolini talked Hitler into a conference with Chamberlain and Daladier.
与张伯伦和达拉第会晤
Tomorrow in Munich.
他们要牺牲苏台德地区来阻止战争
They’re going to sacrifice the Sudetenland to prevent war.
-可恶 -他们会让他如愿以偿
-Damn it! -They’re doing exactly what he wants.
-国防军会反叛吗 -别指望了
-Will the Wehrmacht move against him? -We can forget about that.
-绝无可能 -所以就这样了
-Not a chance. -So this is it?
-该死 -别这样 拜托
-God damn it! -Honestly, please.
抱歉
Pardon me.
你们几位打算怎么做
What do the gentlemen plan on doing?
事情已经板上钉钉了 这种会议只是走走过场而已
It’s as good as decided. A conference like this is a formality.
你们必须想办法跟张伯伦见面
You need to find a way to meet Chamberlain.
你们必须阻止他们达成这份协议
You have to prevent this agreement from being made.
谢天谢地 你还笑得出来
Thank God you can still laugh.
把证据拿给他看
Show him the proof.
-什么证据 -希♥特♥勒♥决心要发动一场征服之战
-What proof? -That Hitler is bent on a war of conquest.
我掌握了一份文件
I am in possession of a document.
什么文件
What kind of document?
请相信我
Trust me, please.
-保罗 -我能…
-Paul. -Can I just…
稍等…
Just a moment…
(休勒加特)
休勒加特是张伯伦的秘书之一
Hugh Legat is one of Chamberlain’s secretaries.
你能安排他到慕尼黑来吗 他是英国代表团的一员
Can you arrange for him to come to Munich? That he’s part of the English delegation?
有这个可能性
Possibly, yes.
-他会不会… -不会
-Will he be expecting– -No.
但他会帮我们
But he will help us.
好吧
All right.
好 我会尽力
Right, I’ll do what I can.
各位
Gentlemen.
你能让保罗参加会议吗
And can you get Paul into the conference?
我会让你以口译员的身份加入
I’ll try and add you as an interpreter.
我得回去了
I have to get back.
这里是什么情况
What’s happening here?
你认为可以把非法文件
Do you think you can smuggle illegal documents
偷偷带入国际会议
into an international conference
然后在元首的眼皮底下
and have a secret meeting with the British prime minister,
跟英国首相秘密会面
right under the Führer’s nose?
是的
Yes.
保罗
Paul?
那你应该带上这个
Then you should have this with you.
用过吗
Ever used one?
小时候 我们经常去打兔子
As children, we used to shoot rabbits.
这可不一样
This is different.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!