♪ But you can’t stay… ♪
-抱歉 -我还以为你迷路了
-Sorry. -Thought you’d got lost.
怎么
What?
在这里见到你 我觉得很奇怪 中校
Very strange to meet you here, Lieutenant Colonel.
-我从未见过你穿便服 -稍等
-I’ve never seen you out of uniform. -One second.
安迪 来三杯杜松子酒
Andi, three schnapps.
三杯杜松子酒 马上来
Three schnapps, coming right up.
说吧
Go ahead.
所有人都到场了 所有的高级国防将领
Everyone was there, all the top-ranking defence generals.
他们都再次确认
And they all confirmed again
反对与捷克开战的呼声很强烈
that there is strong opposition to a war with the Czechs.
这就是我们翘首以待的时刻
This is the moment we’ve been waiting for.
明天下午2点 当希♥特♥勒♥下令入侵时
At two o’clock tomorrow, when Hitler gives the order to invade,
国防军将会介入
the Wehrmacht will step in.
-而我们三人是关键 -到底是什么意思
-And the three of us are the key. -What exactly does that mean?
我们去总理府
We go to the Chancellery.
确保所有重要入口都安全无恙
We make sure that all important entry points are clear.
然后我们发出介入的信♥号♥♥ 希♥特♥勒♥就会被捕
Then we give the signal to step in, and Hitler will be arrested.
你认为国防军会采取行动对付他吗
You believe that the Wehrmacht will take action against him?
和捷克开战 这…
War with the Czechs, that’s…
这就意味着要同英法开战
That means war with Britain and France.
太疯狂了 这是将军们最不愿看到的事
That’s crazy! It’s the last thing the generals want.
对 汉斯 可我还是不相信那些将军
Right, Hans. But still, I don’t trust the generals.
他们不反希♥特♥勒♥
They’re not opposed to him.
他们反对的是战争 因为他们怕输
They’re just opposed to war because they’re scared they’ll lose it.
这真的是唯一的计划吗
Is this really the only plan?
这是我们唯一的计划 埃里希
It’s the only plan we have, Erich.
这一切听起来实在太不可靠了
It all sounds so incredibly fragile.
你们有没有想过要是我们错了呢
Have you ever wondered if we’re wrong?
要是我们搞错了怎么办
What if we’re mistaken?
万一他是对的 他说的是实话
What if he’s right, and he’s telling the truth
他只是想夺回属于德国的领土呢
that he just wants to take back the territories that belong to Germany?
然后他就会收手
-And he’ll stop there?
那你走吧 埃里希
-Then leave, Erich.
他就是个矮小粗俗的人
He’s a small, vulgar man.
希♥特♥勒♥就像个暴徒
Hitler is like a thug.
他有什么企图只有他自己知道 他只会变本加厉 欲壑难填
He only knows his own personal truth. He’ll keep taking more and more.
-会有更多的人受到伤害 -你怎么知道
-More people will get hurt. -How do you know?
-他永远不会收手 -现在不是争吵的时候
-He’ll never stop! -It’s not the time to argue!
-明天 明天就是… -三杯杜松子酒
– Tomorrow, tomorrow is the day– – Three schnapps.
你要加入我们吗 埃里希
Are you with us, Erich?
我们假设明天希♥特♥勒♥被捕
Let’s assume Hitler gets arrested tomorrow.
然后怎么办
What happens then?
我们一枪崩了那个混♥蛋♥
We shoot the bastard.
若是他不投降的话
If he doesn’t surrender.
明天下午2点 我们会听到动员开始的消息
Tomorrow at two o’clock, we will hear that mobilisation is beginning.
那就是我们的信♥号♥♥
That will be our cue.
朋友们 历史在注视着我们
Friends, history is watching us.
明晚的某个时候
Sometime tomorrow night,
这整个噩梦就会彻底结束
this whole nightmare will be over.
我看到了渴望
♪ I see the longing… ♪
但你不能留下
♪ But you can’t stay ♪
穿过蓝色之夜 来跳舞吧
♪ Come dance through the blue night ♪
再陪伴我一次
♪ With me one more time ♪
-什么 你们想逮捕他 -计划是这样 对
– What? You want to arrest him? – That’s the plan, yeah.
-你觉得这个计划可行 -是的
-You think that could work? -Yes.
国防军会背叛他们的顶头上司吗
This Wehrmacht will turn against the boss?
永远不会 记住我的话 我以前嫁给了一位将军
Never. Mark my word. I was married to a general.
你丈夫就是个不忠的混球
-Your husband was a disloyal arsehole.
是 对我可能不忠 但对希♥特♥勒♥从来不会
-Yes, to me, maybe, but never to Hitler.
他明天进行动员时 我们会阻止他
When he mobilises tomorrow, we will stop him.
-你想让他进行动员吗 -对 真该死
-You want him to mobilise? -Yes, damn it!
如果他不开战 你们就无法阻止他
If he doesn’t go to war, you can’t stop him.
不过保罗 这说明你们需要这场战争 这完全是悖谬
But, Paul, that means you need this war. That’s totally perverse.
当然是悖谬 海伦 他没犯罪 就不能逮捕他
Of course that’s perverse, Helen. Without a crime, there can be no arrest.
什么
What?
我在考虑该不该信任你
I’m considering if I should trust you.
-你已经信任我了 -这不一样
-You’ve already trusted me. -This is something different.
怎么了
What is it?
(外♥交♥部♥政♥治♥局)
FOREIGN OFFICE POLITICAL DEPARTMENT
这是什么
What’s this?
我从外♥交♥部♥拿到的 我今天拿的
I got it from the Foreign Office. I took it today.
是什么
What’s this?
这是他对欧洲的真正计划
This is his true plan for Europe.
(总理府会议纪要 1937年11月5日)
PROTOCOL OF THE MEETING IN THE CHANCELLERY ON NOVEMBER 5, 1937
他们会因此逮捕你的
They’ll arrest you for this.
我知道
I’m aware.
-简直骇人听闻 -你打算怎么做
-This is appalling. -What are you going to do with it?
你打算怎么做
What are you going to do with it?
进来
Come in.
跟您说一声 如果您需要我 长官 我就在楼上
Letting you know I’ll be upstairs, sir. If you need me.
好的 今晚你值班 是吗
Righto. You’re on tonight, are you?
是的 长官 我值夜班 直到明早
Yes, sir. I’m here till the morning.
好 罗马有回复吗
Good. Any reply from Rome?
还没有 长官
Not yet, sir.
但您知道 罗马毕竟不是一天建成的
But, you know, it wasn’t built in a day.
其实还没建完
Far as I can see, they haven’t finished it yet.
你是牛津毕业的吗
Are you an Oxford man?
是的 首相
Yes, Prime Minister.
进来 把门关一下
Aah. Come on in. Close the door a minute.
这个地方也太透风了
Terribly draughty, this place.
-你在牛津念的是什么专业 -德语
-What did you read at Oxford? -German.
他们有教英文写作吗
Did they teach you to write English as well?
他们尽力了
Well, they did their best.
比起写 我更擅长说 先生 辩论是我的长项
I was more of a talker than a writer, though, sir. Debating was my thing.
-辩论 -是的 长官
-Debating? -Yes, sir.
那你可来对地方了
Well, you’ve come to the right place.
似乎这里所有的人都只会辩论
It’s all anybody seems to do here is to debate.
我想让你做一件事
Listen, I’ve got something I’m going to ask you to do.
有点冒昧 但这是我要去下议院做的演说
It’s a little bit impertinent, but this is my speech for tomorrow to the House.
我感觉有点不流畅
But I– I feel somehow it doesn’t flow,
或许擅长辩论 精通德语的牛津高材生
and maybe– maybe an Oxford man, who… who debates and… and reads German,
能帮我润色一下
might be able to improve it a little.
-能请你帮这个忙吗 -当然可以 首相
-Would you mind? -Of course, Prime Minister.
非常感谢
Thank you so much.
-非常好 晚安 -晚安 长官
-Very good. Good night. -Good night, sir.
一定要带照相机
-Make sure you got your camera. -Ready?
罗马没有任何消息 首相
Nothing from Rome, Prime Minister.
还早 耐心等待吧
Still early. Just have to be patient and wait.
你知道吗
Do you know,
若能阻止战争 我心甘情愿靠着那面墙 被人击毙
I’d gladly stand against that wall and be shot if it prevented war.
过来
Come here.
我希望你不要说这样的话
I wish you wouldn’t say things like that.
起码在午餐前不要说
At least not before lunch. Right.
当然了 勒加特 一战时你年纪尚小 未能参战
Of course, you were too young to serve in the Great War, Legat.
我当时却超过年龄了
And I was too old.
在某种程度上 这让事情变得更糟
Somehow, that made things worse.
目睹这样的苦难
It is absolute agony to…
真是万般痛苦
see such suffering and…
感觉如此无力
feel so powerless.
现在每当我
Now every time I…
经过一座战争纪念碑
pass a war memorial or…
或者探访法国那些大♥片♥的墓地时
visit one of those vast cemeteries in France,
我很多朋友都埋葬在那边
where so many of my friends lie buried,
我都会发誓 要是我有权
I vow that if I find myself in the position
能阻止这样的灾难再次发生
where I could prevent such a catastrophe from happening again,
我会尽一切力量
I shall do anything…
做出一切牺牲
sacrifice anything…
来维持和平
to maintain the peace.
这对我来说很神圣
This is sacred to me.
我明白