这个想法是令人憎恶的
The very idea is abhorrent.
街对面有一家工厂 妈妈 拐角处
There’s a mill across the street, mother. And around the corner.
我们 听到它的声音
We… hear the sound of it.
人们每天都在那里劳动
People labour there every day.
它的生命 我们听到它砰的一声 砰的一声
The life of it, we hear it thumping, thumping away.
我们就属于它 妈妈
We’re part of it, mother.
是人性
It’s humanity.
生存
Survival.
这是生命之战
It’s the battle for life.
美在哪里?
Where is the beauty?
那里
There.
和老鼠一样 它们也是
Like rats, they are.
象牙黑 乌文 普鲁士蓝 黄紫罗兰
Ivory black, vermillion, Prussian blue, yellow ochre.
人群可能是最孤独的地方
Crowds can be the loneliest of places.
他们困扰着我…孤独的灵魂
They haunt me… the lonely souls.

Ghosts…
是你吗 劳丽?
Is that you, Laurie?
是的 妈妈
Yes, mother.
还会是谁?
Who else would it be?
我不知道 你可能是任何人
I’ve no idea, you could’ve been anyone.
如在.
Come in.
晚上好
Good evening…
哦 对 是的…
Ooh, right, yeah…
可爱 什么是…
Lovely. What’s a…
告诉我 为什么…
Tell me, why the…
今天我有个客人
Today I had a visitor.
-访客? -嗯 -嗯
-A visitor? -Mm-hm.
我们没有访客
We don’t have visitors.
-我知道 -不 你没有
-I do. -No, you don’t.
你确保世界付出了10年
You made sure the world paid for 10 years.
你得到的唯一访客是米尔斯博士和做你除尘的女孩
The only visitors you get are Dr Mills and the girl who does your dusting.
偷看晚报
Sneaks in the evening newspaper.
嗯…今天我有个客人
Well… today I had a visitor.
游客 谁?
Visitor… who?
-你看不上吗? -没有
-Can’t you guess? -No.
-是的 你可以 -不 我不能
-Yes you can. -No, I can’t.
-是的 你可以 -不 我不能是法警吗?
-Yes, you can. -No, I can’t. Was it a bailiff?
哦不 你总是带来如此可怕的事情
Oh, no. You always bring in such horrible things.
不 今天
No… today…
我有位女士来电
I had a lady caller.
谁?
Who?
我们隔壁的新邻居
Our new neighbour from next door.
斯坦霍普夫人
Mrs Stanhope.
-斯坦霍普夫人? -斯坦霍普夫人
-Mrs Stanhope? -Mrs Stanhope.
她想见我
She wanted to see me.
她正在为圣博尼法斯教堂做收藏
She’s making collection for St. Boniface’s Church.
修复基金
The restoration fund.
所以我说 当然 她可以进来 让她进来
So I said, of course, she could come in. Let her in.
你?你让一个陌生人进屋?你?
You? You let a stranger in the house? You?
斯坦霍普夫人不是陌生人
Mrs Stanhope’s not a stranger.
劳丽!
Laurie!
多琳是我新找到的朋友!
Doreen’s my new found friend!
多琳?
Doreen?
是的
Yes.
我们有很多共同点
We’ve a lot in common.
多琳的丈夫使她的生活变得痛苦
Doreen’s husband is making her life a misery.
你认为我是有钱的吗?
Do you think I’m made of money?
你向我求求时一直这么说
Well that’s what you kept saying when you were courting me.
他是工党议员
He’s a Labour Party Councillor.
我不能和你一起赢 是吗?
I can’t win with you, can I?
所以她被迫住在彭德伯里
So she’s forced to live in Pendlebury.
在污秽中
In the filth.
你坚持你的行动
You keep your act.
她不高兴
She’s not pleased.
你可以独自住在彭德伯里可怕的房♥子
And you can live alone horrible house in Pendlebury.
她在马歇尔和斯内尔格罗夫的商店里购物
She shops in Marshall and Snelgrove’s.

Oh.
她呆了很久?
She stay for long?
哦 足够长的时间进行礼貌的谈话
Oh, long enough to have a polite conversation
并形成一个熟人和劳里…
and to form an acquaintance and Laurie…
这还不全是
that’s not all.
她欣赏你的一幅画
She admired one of your paintings.
哪个 哪个?
Which, which one?
“帆船” 1930年
‘Sailing Boats’, 1930.
斯坦霍普夫人知道绘画 她去艺术表演
Mrs Stanhope knows about paintings, she goes to art shows.
当然 她从来没有听说过你 但她钦佩你的画
Course she’d never heard about you, but she admired your painting.
她从不…
She never…
“这是一个完全令人愉快的图片
“It’s a perfectly delightful picture.”
“这是一个完全令人愉快的图片
“It’s a perfectly delightful picture.”
-那太好了 不是吗? -是的!
-That’s wonderful, isn’t it? -Yes!
我很惊讶事实上 我…
I’m amazed. Actually, I’m…
嗯 实际上 这个大手大口
Well, flabbergasted, actually.
我也一 哦 劳丽 把它拿过来 这样我就能自己看到它了
So was I. Oh, Laurie. Fetch it up here so I can see it for myself.
我想品尝斯坦霍普夫人的”完美令人愉快的画面”
I want to savour Mrs Stanhope’s “perfectly delightful picture.”
-你有吗? -我知道!
-You do? -I do!
继续 现在 快点!
Go on, now, hurry up!
小心点!
Be careful now!
哦 太激动了
Oh, such excitement.
小心我的中国饰品
Be careful of my china ornaments.
我的小狗帕格狗
My little Pug dog.
我想这是古董
It’s an antique, I think.
是这个 妈妈
Here it is, mother.

The painting.
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
哦 是的 我看到斯坦霍普夫人看到的
Oh, yes, I see what Mrs Stanhope sees.
-你喜欢吗 妈妈? -我知道其优点是显而易见的
-You like it, mother? -I do. Its merits are obvious.
我为你画的
I painted it for you.
-你做到了? -我做到了 是的 是的
-You did? -I did, yes, yeah.
-我不记得什么时候 -那是你的生日
-Well, I don’t recall when. -It was for your birthday.
你不记得了?
You not remember?
我是从记忆中画的这是过去的礼物
I painted it from memory. It’s a gift of the past.
-‘帆船’ -礼物…过去
-‘Sailing Boats.’ -A gift… of the past.
现在 这就是我所说的一幅合适的画
Now this is what I call a proper painting.
为什么你不能再这样画?
Why can’t you paint like this anymore?
哦 大海…天空…
Oh, the sea… the sky…
你说你不喜欢它
Well, you said you didn’t like it.
-我没有 -是的 你做到了
-I didn’t. -Yes, you did.
当我第一次给你的时候…你把头转过身去
When I first gave it to you… you turned your head away,
闭上你的眼睛
and closed your eyes.
那一定是我朦胧的脑袋里的日子
Well that must’ve been one of my hazy head days.
不 不 我喜欢这幅画 谢谢你
No, no I like this painting. Very much.
我们在海边一起跳舞
We danced at the seaside together.
是的 莱森圣安妮斯 长廊
Yes. Lytham St. Annes, the promenade.
-我七岁 -是的 你是
-I was seven years old. -Yes, you were.
惠特森
Whitson.
你有多漂亮
How beautiful you were.
我是多么的幸运
And how blessed was I.
生命在开始的时候就拥有了太多的希望…
Life held so much promise in the beginning…
白色…
The whiteness…
-‘帆船’ -‘帆船’
-‘Sailing Boats’. -‘Sailing Boats’.
-你真的喜欢这幅画 妈妈? -哦 是的 我知道
-You truly like the painting, mother? -Oh yes, I do.
“一个完全令人愉快的图片
“A perfectly delightful picture.”
你要我把它挂在你卧室的墙上吗?
Would you like me to, to hang it on your bedroom wall?
在这里?
In here?
是的 所以你可以每天看到它
Yes, so you can see it every day.
那有什么意义呢?
What would be the point of that?
-我以为你喜欢 -哦 我喜欢
-I thought you liked it. -Oh, I do like it.
-我付两先令的入场费 -为了什么?
-I shall pay the two shillings entry fee. -For what?
曼彻斯特学院夏季秀
For the Manchester Academy Summer Show.
斯坦霍普夫人说业余艺术家可以进入
Mrs Stanhope says amateur artists can enter.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!