我消化不了一件事 今晚不是
I can’t digest a thing. Not this evening.
-一两个? -三个
-One or two? -Three.

Righto.
和一轮面包和黄油 以缓解我的消化
And a round of bread and butter. To ease my digestion.
面包会铺上衬里
Bread will lay a lining.

Righto.
你在哪里买♥♥的?
Where did you purchase them?
-什么? -香肠
-What? -The sausages.
-屠夫的 -哪个屠夫?
-A butcher’s. -Which butchers?
麦克里迪的还是哈里森的?
McCreadie’s or Harrison’s?
-麦克里迪的 -啊
-McCreadie’s. -Aah.
亚瑟·麦克里迪不能出错
You can’t go wrong with Arthur McCreadie.
他杀人好几年了
He’s been slaughtering things for years.
你是从亚瑟·麦克里迪还是那个男孩买♥♥的?
Mm, did you purchase them from Arthur McCreadie or the boy?
嗯 那个男孩
Um, the boy.
哦 他看见你来了 那个男孩
Ohh, he sees you coming, that boy.
-他不知道 -是的 他有
-He does not. -Yes, he does.
他会卖♥♥给你任何旧香肠
He’ll sell you any old sausage.
他很精明
He’s canny.
他出生在乔尔顿和哈代
He was born in Chorlton-cum-Hardy.
而你出生的时候…
Whereas you were born…
-什么? -…不为人天意
-What? -…unworldly.
不为人天意…不为人所共 没有坏处 是吗?
Unworldly… There’s no harm done in being unworldly, is there?
一次次 我被生活逗乐了
Time after time, I’m amused by life.
并感到悲伤
And saddened by it.
哦 哦!
Oh, oh!
-还在下雨 -还在下雨吗?
-Still raining. -Still raining?
皮特·帕特
Pitter patter.
-皮特·帕特 -皮特·帕特
-Pitter patter. -Pitter patter.
-上帝的眼泪 -上帝的眼泪
-God’s tears. -God’s tears.
我渴望你快乐 妈妈 有一天
I long for you to be happy, mother. One day.
-是吗? -是的
-Do you? -Yes.
我们不要情绪化 劳丽
Let’s not be sentimental, Laurie.
那个女人又来了
There’s that woman again.
-哪个女人? -我们的新邻居
-Which woman? -Our new neighbour.
真的?哦
Oh, really? Oh.
如此的社交生活 不是吗?你能看见她穿什么吗?
Such a social life, hasn’t she? Can you see what she’s wearing?
呃 衣服
Uh, clothes.
-哦 别这么蠢 -我在开玩笑 妈妈
-Oh, don’t be so stupid. -I was joking, mother.
谁在笑?
Who’s laughing?
她总是衣着整洁 不是吗?
She’s always immaculately dressed, isn’t she?
一个有品质的女人
A woman of quality.
我同意
I approve.
来吧 到妈妈来吧!
Come on, come on to mummy!
我的孩子 来吧
My baby, come on.
我想知道她为什么住在这里
I wonder why she’s living ’round here.
我的想法♥正♥是 她肯定比其他人还高
My thoughts precisely. She’s certainly a cut above the rest.
也许她陷入了艰难时期
Perhaps she’s fallen on hard times.
不是用毛皮修剪的衣领
Not with a fur-trimmed collar.
和丈夫谁穿昂贵的削减西装
And a husband who wears expensively cut suits.
你没注意到他的德博内尔·特里比吗?
What haven’t you noticed his debonair trilby?
-不 我没有 -你应该更敏锐
-No I haven’t. -You should be more observant.
男人需要表现出对商人的兴趣
A man needs to show an interest in business people.
如果他要继续生活 我总是告诉你
If he is to get on in life. I’m always telling you that.
好孩子
Good boy.
你需要培养重要的人 劳丽 以更好的自己
You need to cultivate important people, Laurie, to better yourself.
但你从没听过
But you never listened,
你宁愿坐在楼上的阁楼 照顾你的爱好
you preferred to sit upstairs in the attic, attending to your hobby.
这不是爱好 妈妈
It’s not a hobby, mother.
-不是吗? -不 不是
-Isn’t it? -No, it’s not.
你叫它什么?
What do you call it?
这个爱好把你从哪里弄到哪儿了?
And where has it got you, this hobby?
无处 我们买♥♥不起
Nowhere. We can’t afford it.
你坐在那里 夜以继日 燃烧着煤气
You sitting up there, night after night, burning the gas.
想想未付的账单
Think of the unpaid bills.
我要还他们 妈妈
I’m paying them back, mother.
父亲的债你不用担心
Father’s debts. You’re not to worry.
你打算如何偿还初级职员的工资?
How are you going to pay them back on the wages of a junior clerk?
你是个中年人25年来没有一句晋升的话
You’re a middle-aged man. Not a word of promotion in 25 years.
我会做的 妈妈 我保证
I shall do it, mother. I promise.
我决心还钱给父亲的债权人 一点一点
I’m determined to pay father’s creditors back. Bit by bit.
啊 曾经充满希望
Ah, ever hopeful.
希望让很多人通过生活 母亲
Hope gets a lot of people through life, mother.
曾经充满希望
Ever hopeful.
彭德伯里的大多数人都是无所事事的人 这就是他们的麻烦
Most people in Pendlebury are bone idle, that’s their trouble.
人们不能不穷 一无所有 没什么可耻的 是吗?
People can’t help being poor. No shame having nothing, is there?
当然有羞耻 我们是中产阶级 劳丽
Of course there’s shame. We are middle-class, Laurie.
我们生活不及我们的意思 母亲
We lived above our means, mother.
父亲知道他试图让你开心
Father knew it. He tried to keep you happy.
快乐?我们结婚的那天下雨了 从此 不幸降临到我身上
Happy? The day we married it rained. Misfortune poured upon me ever since.
他让我成为家庭笑话
He made me into the family joke.
多年来 他从我的关系中借钱
For years and years he borrowed money off my relations,
我一无所知
I knew nothing about it.
我为你姑姑和叔叔们从格林哈尔格的意大利面食服务
I served your aunties and uncles French pastries from Greenhalgh’s,
而所有的时间 我们都是身无分文
while all the time we were penniless.
他们一定认为我的诺丁汉蕾丝很可笑
They must’ve thought my Nottingham lace doilies ridiculous.
-我可以再给别人点茶吗? -啊 是的
-May I offer anybody else more tea? -Ah, yes.
你从来不喜欢我的画 妈妈?
You never liked any one of my paintings, mother?

No.
我不是唯一一个 是吗?
I’m not the only one, am I?
你看过晚报吗?
Have you read the evening newspaper?
晚报 妈妈?
The evening paper, mother?
是的 你通常带一份晚报回家 是吗?
Yes, you usually bring an evening newspaper home, don’t you?
-今晚…我忘了 -哦 哦 你忘了
-Well, this evening… I forgot. -Oh, oh you forgot.
哦 那好吧我该给你读一下吗?
Oh, well then. Shall I read it to you?
我不需要你读报纸 妈妈
I don’t need you to read me the newspaper, mother.
为什么不呢?你需要开悟
Why not? You need to be enlightened.
“一幅丑陋的画
‘An ugly painting.
洛里先生的画作 – 来自磨坊 –
The painting by Mr L.S. Lowry -Coming From The Mill –
是混乱的 似乎是被一个孩子画的
is confusing and appears to have been painted by a child.
如果我们可以称这些数字为数字 则无非是污点
The figures if we may call them figures are nothing but smudges.
荒谬的木偶悬挂在肮脏的工业场景
Ridiculous marionettes suspended in a squalid industrial scene.
如果这是劳里先生对兰开夏郡景观及其人♥民♥的愿景
If this is Mr Lowry’s vision of the Lancashire landscape and its people,
我为他感到难过
I feel very sorry for him.
这是一个最不满意的画面 是兰开夏郡人♥民♥的侮辱
It is a most unsatisfactory picture and an insult to the people of Lancashire.’
丹比先生不以为然 劳丽!
Mr Denby is not impressed, Laurie!
他知道什么?
What does he know?
他知道什么?
What does he know?
他知道的比你想象的多他知道一切!他是个艺术评论家!
He knows more than you know. He knows everything! He’s an art critic!
我对丹比先生所知道的不感兴趣 妈妈
I’m not interested in what Mr Denby knows, mother.
他不认识我 我也不认识他
He doesn’t know me and I don’t know him.
他知道你的照片!”从磨坊里来”
He knows something about your picture! ‘Coming From The Mill’.
他不赞成!他命令这是侮辱!
He doesn’t approve! He decrees it an insult!
你为什么这么做 劳丽?
Why do you do it, Laurie?
粉刷这些肮脏的工业场景
Painting these squalid industrial scenes,
没人想买♥♥!
that nobody wants to buy!
画我所看到的 妈妈
Paint what I see, mother.
没有更多 没有少
Nothing more, nothing less.
画出我的感受
Paint how I feel.
你感觉如何?我的感觉怎么样?
How you feel? What about how I feel?
我不想觉得每个人都在嘲笑我
I don’t want to feel like everybody’s laughing at me.
没人在嘲笑妈
Nobody’s laughing at you, mother.
嘲笑我的画是嘲笑我
Laughing at my paintings is a laugh at me.
是的!每幅画都看起来像是被一个孩子画的
Yes! Every painting looks as if it was painted by a child.
是的 但是一个孩子没有画 妈妈 我画的
Yes, but a child didn’t paint it, mother, I did.
是的 确切地说
Yes, precisely.
哦 放弃吧劳丽
Oh, give it up. Laurie.
为我着想
For my sake.
试着另找一个爱好
Try and find another hobby.
这不是爱好!母亲 我上过艺术学校
It’s not a hobby! Mother. I went to art school.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!