我画我所看到的
I paint what I see.
我画我的感觉
I paint how I feel.
我是个画画的人 没有更多 没有少
I’m a man who paints. Nothing more, nothing less.
我画的每幅画总是以同样的方式开始
Every picture I paint always begins the same way.
它以相同的颜色开始
It begins in the same colour.
每张照片的下面是白色
Underneath every picture is the colour white.
白色薄片
Flake white.
嗯
Hmmm.
是的 呵呵
Yeah. Huh.
嗯
Hmm.
不
No.
啊 抓到你了!我有 不 不 我看见你了 我看见你了
Ah, caught you! I got, no, no. I saw you, I saw you.
不 不 不是今天 今天没有甜心
No, no, not today, no sweeties today.
不 我把它们给了所有好孩子…
No, I’ve given them to all the good children…
…不 不 不 不是今天 不 不
…no, no, no, not today, no, no.
明天如果你幸运的话如果你不淘气.
Tomorrow if you’re lucky. If you’re not naughty.
我今天需要它!
I need it today!
洗脸 我明天给你一些
Wash your face and I’ll give you some tomorrow.
两分钟
Two minutes.
哦 哦 你好
Oh, oh, hello.
哦 哦 很好 嗯 很好 是的 那是…
Oh, oh, very well, um, very well, yes, that’s…
告诉他我明天这个时候会打电♥话♥
Tell him I’ll call around this time tomorrow.
谢谢 谢谢
Thank you, thank you.
对不起
Sorry.
那个女人又来了
There’s that woman again.
非常精致 头发和衣服完美无暇
Very refined. Hair and clothes immaculate.
我同意 中产阶级
I approve. Middle class.
我梦想成为一名音乐会钢琴家
I dreamt of becoming a concert pianist.
我每天都练习和练习
I practised and practised every day.
当我们住在维♥多♥利♥亚♥公♥园♥时
When we lived in Victoria Park.
啊 一个不同的世界
Ah, a different world.
是你吗 劳丽?
Is that you, Laurie?
是的 妈妈 是我还会是谁?
Yes, mother, it’s me. Who else would it be?
我不知道你可能是个窃贼!
I’ve no idea. You could’ve been a burglar!
窃贼没有自己的前门钥匙
Burglars don’t have their own front door key.
一切皆有可能 住在彭德伯里
Anything’s possible, living in Pendlebury.
人们开始应对各种弊端
People get up to all sorts of malpractices
一旦你的背被转动
as soon as your back is turned.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
我挂我的雨衣 妈妈
I’m hanging up me raincoat, mother.
不要让它滴
Don’t let it drip.
不 妈妈
No, mother.
擦你的脚 摇动那把伞
Wipe your feet. Shake that umbrella.
你听见我说话了吗 劳丽?
Do you hear me, Laurie?
是的 我听见了 妈妈
Yes, I hear you, mother.
那你为什么不回答我?
Then why don’t you answer me?
别这么好战
Don’t be so belligerent.
你真是烦恼
You’re such a vexation.
进入
Enter.
晚上好 妈妈
Good evening, mother.
晚上好 劳丽
Good evening, Laurie.
右图哦
Right-oh.
你记得把前门锁上吗?
Did you remember to bolt the front door?
-总是这样 -啊 很好
-Always do. -Ah, good.
你不能太小心
You can’t be too careful.
不 妈妈
No, mother.
上周有个女人
There was a woman last week
把她的前门放在闩锁上
left her front door on the latch
不到一个小时 她没有地毯
and in less than an hour she had no carpets.
罪犯已经滚走了很多
The culprits had rolled away the lot,
包括一块抹布地毯哦 偷盗者
including a rag rug. Oh, the pilferers.
谁告诉你的那个故事的?
Who told you that story?
英国圣公会时报 他们不说谎
The Anglican Times, they don’t lie.
这就是我们住在这里的那种人
That’s the kind of people we have living around here –
我们的邻居…
our neighbours, the…
工人阶级
the working class.
你去哪了?你迟到了
Where have you been? You’re very late.
你知道我去哪儿了 妈妈;花了一天的工作
You know where I’ve been, mother; spent the day working.
你今天在哪里?
Where were you today?
老特拉福德
Old Trafford.
我希望你记得洗手
I hope you’ve remembered to wash your hands.
我的手是干净的 妈妈
My hands are clean, mother.
哦 我会是法官的 让我想想
Oh, I’ll be the judge of that. Let me see.
满意?
Satisfied?
我想他们会的
I suppose they’ll do.
啊 现在.
Ah, now then.
哦
Oh…
妈妈 你今天怎么样?
How was your day, mother?
哦 和往常一样
Oh, same as usual.
我只是躺在这里 等待不可避免的
I just lie here, waiting for the inevitable.
不 别这么说
No, don’t say that.
为什么不呢?是真的 自欺欺人是没有用的
Why not? It’s true. There’s no use deluding ourselves.
我们都知道我的生活将走向何方
We both know where my life is heading.
不 你还有好几年了
No. You got years left in you.
你怎么知道?
How do you know?
我能说的
I can tell.
希望如此
Hope so.
-哦 哦 对不起 是的 -在下面
-Oh, oh, sorry, yeah. -Under there.
好了 都做完了
All right, all done.
好的 谢谢
Right, thank you.
-但你还没吃糖! -哦 很抱歉
-But you haven’t sugared! -Oh, sorry about that.
你今天没有在无线上发现任何干扰吗?
Did you not find any distractions on your wireless today?
-不 -下午音乐会?
-No. -The afternoon concert?
不 我没有
No, I did not.
今天是我糟糕的日子之一 痛苦…
Today’s been one of my bad days. The pains…
我以为我的床变成了棺材
I, I thought my bed was turning into a coffin.
你不能放弃 妈妈
You mustn’t give up, mother.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
什么样的女人梦想住在一个两上 两个向下的露台
What kind of woman dreams of living in a two-up, two-down terrace
在彭德伯里?
in Pendlebury?
-那儿 你的茶 -谢谢
-There, your tea. -Thank you.
你明天会感觉好些的 不是吗 艾?
You’ll feel better tomorrow. Won’t you, ay?
记住 米尔斯博士来拜访 不是吗?
And mind, Dr Mills makes his visit, doesn’t he?
哦 是的
Oh, yes.
米尔斯博士每周出动一次
Dr Mills makes one of his weekly sorties
我很感激他的每一个补品
and I’m grateful for every one of his tonics.
是的 妈妈米尔斯医生让你开心 不是吗?
Yes, mother. Dr Mills keeps you cheerful, doesn’t he?
不 我从不快乐
No, I’m never cheerful.
自从1868年 我确认的一年 我就一直没有感到快乐
I haven’t felt cheerful since 1868, the year of my confirmation.
那是很久以前的事了 妈妈
That was a long time ago, mother.
一辈子
A lifetime.
我们住在1934年
We’re living in 1934.
我知道
I’m aware of that.
我责怪你父亲的一切
I blame your father for everything.
这样的失败
Such a downfall.
你好?是房♥租人
Hello? It’s the rent man.
是我
It’s me.
我对你和你的父亲寄予厚望
I had great hopes for you and your father.
我以为你们都是成功的生意人
I thought you’d both be successful men of business.
投机的人
Men of speculation.
但他没有能力 你也没有
But he wasn’t capable and neither were you.
无望
Hopeless.
我来了!
I’m coming!
晚餐做什么?劳丽!
What’s for dinner? Laurie!
-香肠 -猪肉还是牛肉?
-Sausages. -Pork or the beef?
-波克 -我希望烤好
-Pork. -Properly grilled, I hope.
烧 焦 我消化不了任何油腻的东西
Singed. I can’t digest anything greasy.
我知道 妈妈
I’m aware of that, mother.
伦敦
London.
妈妈 你要多少香肠?
How many sausages do you want, mother?