Uh-huh.
在那里?
In there?
在门里面?
Right in this door?
好了,议员
All right, now, senator…
他在哪?他又出去了吗?
Where is he? Has he gone out again?No, no.
他在里面
He’s in there.
待会见
I’ll see you later.
我要去为这个喝一杯
I got to go outand drink this over.
那雕像是谁?
Whose statue’s that?
就是在白天我也不会知道
I wouldn’t know, in the daytime.
你不知道?你看!
You wouldn’t? Oh, look!
看国会大厦!全都亮了
Look at the Capitol dome!It’s all lighted up.
你最好放轻松,议员你会把自己累坏了
You better relax, senator.You’ll get yourself plum wore out.
老天!一下子发生这么多事
Gee whiz! So many thingshappening all at once.
桑德斯小姐议会几点…
Miss Saunders,what time does the Senate…
召开?
Convene?Convene. Convene. What time?
– 中午十二点- 中午十二点?
Twelve noon.Twelve noon, huh?
老天,真令人兴奋!
Oh, boy, that’ll be something!
你知道我早上最好去做什么?
You know what I better doin the morning?
不知道,你最好去做什么?
No, what had you better?
我想我最好去佛农山
I think I better go outto Mount Vernon.
是件不错的好事
Be sort of a fine thing to do.
在第一次进入国会前先拜访华盛顿的家
Visit Washington’s home before walkinginto the Senate for the first time.
这个主意好吗?
Think it’s a good idea?Wonderful! Puts you right in the mood.
太好了!让你心理完全做好准备
Uh-huh.
那是什么?那是什么?
What’s that? What’s that? Oh.
电影院
Movie houses.
嗨,桑德斯
Hi, Saunders.
我问我自己他到底是什么:
I’m still asking myself, what is he:
动物,蔬菜,还是矿物?
Animal, vegetable or mineral?Maybe an oyster.
也许是个牡蛎
When I think of myself playing straightfor that phony, patriotic chatter. Me!
当我想到我被那个假惺惺的爱国话有所感动,我!
为个手里拿着国旗的幼儿拿着围兜
Carrying bibs for an infantwith little flags in his fists.
我受够了,迪斯我不干了,我受够了
I can’t take it, Diz.I quit. I’m through.
别激动别激动,这里
Now take it easy.Simmer down. Here.
试一口
Take this.
你知道在他宣誓之前会做什么?
Know what he’s doing tomorrowbefore taking the Senate seat?
去佛农山
Going up to Mount Vernon
好培养心情先暖身一下
to get in the mood. A warm-up.Who? Your boss?
谁?你老板?
A nut! I knew there wasa story in him. I smelled it!
白♥痴♥!我知道他有问题!我闻得出来!
去追救护车吧
Go chase an ambulance.
对我来说不是问题让我来访问他五分钟
It’s meat and drink to me.Let me at him five minutes.
我会处理好
I’ll make it right with you.What do you mean “right”?
你说“好”是什么意思?
我告诉你我会怎么做
I’ll tell you what I’ll do.World Series. A pass!
年度冠军赛的一张票!
In a month it’ll be worth 15 bucks.
在一个月内就会变成十五元!
这样啊!
Well!You’re not talking to this guy.
你别跟他说话
Eh. What do you say?Nothing. Beat it.
你觉得呢?
没有,走吧
How would your palslike to get in on this?
你的朋友们想加入吗?
– 我要独家- 走吧!
Hey, I want a scoop.Beat it!
不可能,不是很多记者或很多票就是
That’s out. Either it’s lots ofreporters and tickets, or…
最好在我改变心意前打给他
Better call him beforeI change my mind.
好,我在这里见你
Okay. I’ll see you right here.
你要怎么办?
What are you going to do?
够买♥♥全季的秋装隆重的辞职
Get my whole fall outfitand quit this job in style.
你太理智,不会让那好管闲事的傢伙访问他吧
You’ve got more sensethan to put Nosey on to that guy.
MAN 1: That’s it!MAN 2: Open your eyes! Open your eyes!
张大你的眼睛!张大你的眼睛!
[MEN CLAMORING]
告诉我们你的事
MAN 3:Tell us about yourself.
议员,我听说你有个童军俱乐部
MAN 4:I hear you got a boys’ club, senator.
有什么特殊立场吗?
Any special ax to grind?
– 立场?- 你知道
Ax?You know.
致爱的主张拯救水牛,退休计划之类的
Pet idea. Save the buffaloes,pension bill.
你一定有个对国家有贡献的想法
You must have one idea that wouldbe good for the country.
我有个想法
Well, I have got one idea.
这就是我们要的
That’s what we want.
过去两年我一直觉得
For the last couple years,I’ve thought it would be
有个国立儿童营在我的州是个不错的主意
a wonderful idea to havea national boys’ camp in our state.
儿童营?没错,很好!
MAN 5:Boys’ camp? Sure. Very good!
可以让那些可怜的小孩别在街上鬼混
If we could getpoor kids off the streets,
在夏天到郊外去好好的玩几个月
out of the cities fora few months in the summer
让他们学习大自然
and let them learn somethingabout nature,
美国的理想
American ideals…
太棒了
Marvelous.
政♥府♥需要花多少预算?
What would itcost the government?
不用,什么都不用因为
Nothing. Nothing at all.You see,
要是政♥府♥借我们钱建立这个营
the government justlends us the money for the camp,
然后这些孩子
and then the boys
会一分五分但不会超过一角的还
pay it back by sending pennies,nickels, nothing more than a dime.
真了不起
MAN 6:That’s really something.
Oh, no, no. Government’s gotenough on its hands already…
政♥府♥已经有很多事要做
政♥府♥投入太多的金钱
The government’sputting too much dough
在太多地方,各位
in too many places now, boys.
告诉我,议员
Well, now, senator, tell me,
你觉得这城市的女孩如何?
what do you think ofthe girls in this town?
有四个
Down at the station, four of them
在我一下火车的时候就亲我
kissed me when I got off the train.
[ALL LAUGH]
– 他们很美吗?- 美?
Were they pretty?Pretty?
苏珊·潘恩小姐
That Miss Susan Paine
是我见过最美的女子
is about the prettiest I ever saw.
议员,你眼光很好!
Senator,you got a good eye!
再多拍几张像?
MAN 7:How about some more pictures?
你崇尚自然
You’re a nature lover,
你会手语吗?
can you handle sign language?
我能,如果
I could manage, if…
鸟叫声呢?你知道任何鸟叫声吗?
What about birdcalls?You know any?
– 你能学老鹰叫吗?- 山齿鹑如何?
Can you make a sound like an eagle?How about a bobwhite?
想起来一个我是全州唯一
Here’s one.I’m the only one in the state
懂这个的
我们可以用这个!
[TRILLING]
[REPORTERS CHATTERING]
华盛顿初“鸣”
[???]
史密斯要求更多常识少一点政♥府♥法律
在国会写下印第安的符号♥
带自己的斧头捣碎
会再听到他的
寻求改善
制♥造♥火替国会加温
他的“华盛顿初”鸣“”?
His “First ‘Whiff’ of Washington”?
我真的在看这个吗?
Do I actually see this?
是什么?
What is it?
你要见我吗?
Did you want to see me?What’s this I hear about your quitting?
– 我听说你要辞职,怎么回事?- 我不是护士
I’m not a nurse.Stop being funny.
别逗了
How’d this happen?I haven’t the slightest idea.
怎么发生的?
– 我也不知道- 你知道是怎么发生的?
Yes, you have. How’d it happen?I merely took him home.
我只是带他回家
I didn’t tuck him in.That’s McGann’s job.
我没哄他睡觉那是麦克葛恩的工作
麦克葛恩刚打电♥话♥来说史密斯又失踪了,他哪去了?
McGann just phoned.Smith’s gone again.Do you know where?
他去佛农山去发表他自己的爱国演说
He went to Mount Vernonto give himself a patriotic address.
这很好
That’s fine.
你现在回去史密斯的办公室
Now you go back to Smith’s office
十二点前把他接来议院
and get him to the Senate by 12:00.
议员,我的脑袋不是专门被用来
Senator, I wasn’t given a brain
告诉童子军时间的
just to tell a Boy Ranger the time.Don’t be a fool.
别傻了
If certain things happen,
要是有什么事发生
you’ll get one of the biggest jobsin Washington.
你会担任到华盛顿最重要的工作之一
当我来的时候我的眼睛是个蓝色问号♥
When I came here, my eyes werebig blue question marks.
现在已经变成绿色钱的记号♥
Now they’re big green dollar marks.
聪明的女孩?
Smart girl, eh?
完成这项工作你会得到额外的奖金
Finish this job properlyand you’ll get a bonus.
我是说,别让史密斯接近
I mean, keep Smith away
任何有政♥治♥意味的东西
from anything thatsmacks of politics.
包括威利溪水坝?
Including Willet Creek Dam?

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!