Oh, boy! I hope so.
– 这是怎么回事?- 读了营地报告的那些孩子寄来的
What’s all this?From boys who read about your camp.
已经有了?这些所有的信
Already? All these letter…
这些只是当地的,等着那些从各地方寄来的
Those are only local. Wait till theystart pouring in from all over.
你是说我最好打开一封看看他们说些什么
You mean… I’d better open one up.Let’s see what they say here.
看,这里有钱让我看
Look, there’s money.Let me see.
亲爱的史密斯议员
“Dear Senator Smith,
我想到营地去我在车站擦鞋
I’d like to come to camp.I shine shoes at the station.
这里有九分钱这不是很棒吗?
Here’s 9 cents.”Isn’t that wonderful?
而且他还署名, “诚挚的臭摩尔”
And he signs it, “Yours truly,Stinky Moore.”
不是很棒吗?
Isn’t that marvelous?
如果这里每封信都有钱我们该怎么办?
If there’s money in each one of these,what will we do with it?
一个存钱筒!太完美了
A bank! That’s perfect.
你看这议案多重要有纸吗?
You can see how importantthis bill will be. Is there any paper?
第二个抽屉
Second drawer.
很好我今天晚上会很忙
That’s fine. I’ll be pretty busy tonight.
该不是又要提另一个议案?
Not another bill?Oh, no.
信,有太多的消息了!
Letters. I’m busting with news!
我提了一个议案是我,杰夫·史密斯!
I introduced a bill.Me, Jeff Smith!
我在议院发言!
I spoke in the Senate!
– 要速记他们吗?- 信?我不能口速信
Want to dictate them?The letters? I couldn’t talk letters.
我会坐在这里写信
I’ll sit here and scratch them down.
而且
Oh. And say,
我要告诉妈关于你的事
I’m going to tell Ma all about you.
如果我说对了你会有最好吃的果酱
And if I tell it right, you’ll get thebest jar of preserves you ever tasted.
非常谢谢你
Thank you very much.Oh, and Saunders.
老天,我忘记谢谢你
Gee whiz, I forgot to thank you.
小意思
Aww. Don’t mention it.No, no.
没有你,我不可能我是说
Without you, I couldn’t have, I mean…
[PHONE RINGING]
Hello?
谁?
Who?
苏珊·潘恩
Susan Paine.
你好吗?是,我可以说话,请继续
How do you do?Yes, I can talk. Go right ahead.
很抱歉打搅你但你一定要帮我
I’m sorry to bother you,but you’ve got to help me.
我被选上明天要把史密斯议员从议院里带走
I’m elected to snatch Mr. Smithfrom the Senate tomorrow.
什么?
You’re what?
我要为他展现魅力你同情我吗?
Mm-hm. I’m to turnmy glamour on for him.You sympathize, don’t you?
很奇怪,对不对?
Awkward, isn’t it?
带他出去帮他买♥♥合身的衣服
Take him out and buy hima suit of clothes that fits
还有一顶他能拿稳的帽子
and a hat that he can hang on to.
修修指甲,剪剪头发更好
And a manicure and a haircutwouldn’t do any harm.
都是身为一个女人我不愿意要求你这么做,但
As one woman to another,I hate to ask you to do this, but…
同样身为女人,当然
As one woman to another, of course.
谢谢,还有
Thanks, and…
等等
Just a minute.
潘恩小姐
Miss Paine.
苏珊·潘恩?
Susan Paine?
她要跟我说话?
She wants to talk to me?Yeah.
她要?
What does she?
老天
Holy mackerel.
Hello?
嗨,潘恩小姐你好吗?
Hello, Miss Paine.How are you? Uh…
是
Yes.
很好
Fine. Uh…
什么?
What? Uh, uh…
什么?陪你?
What? Escort you?
Yes.
我很乐意
I’d be delighted.
好
Yeah, all right.
要招待公主?
Reception for a princess?
她要我
She wants me to…Goodbye, Miss Paine.
再见,潘恩小姐
再见
Goodbye.
你知道什么吗?一个迎接公主的接待会
What do you know?A reception for a princess.
– 你想像得到吗?- 拿你的帽子
Can you imagine?Get your hat.
我们在明天前要买♥♥很多东西
We have a lot of shopping to do
before tomorrow.Wow.
你的苦酒在哪?
Where are your bitters?
在那里面在那后面
In the thing there. Behind the thing.
我不介意在公平竞争中输掉
I don’t mind who gets lickedin a fair fight.
我不能忍♥受下三滥招数
It’s these clouts below the beltI can’t take.
当他很迷恋她的时候引用美人计
Siccing that horrible dame on himwhen he’s goofy about her.
什么美人?
What dame?Paine.
潘恩
[PLAYS DISCORDANT NOTES]
最好对她好一点
Better be nice to her.
她爸是党挑选的白宫候选人
Her dad’s the party choicefor the White House.
她也许会是下一个第♥一♥夫♥人♥
She may be the nextFirst Lady of the land.
想想看读着苏珊“痛苦”的“我的一天”
Imagine reading “My Day”by Susan “Paine-In-The-Neck.”
他不会有太大的伤害她要在他身上刺一刀
He isn’t going to be hurt enough.She has to twist a knife in him too.
傻子女王
The regal jackass.
“我要对他施展魅力”她说
“I’ll turn my glamour on him,”she says.
你怎么了?
What’s it to you?
没有,我只是说
Nothing. I’m just saying…
别担心了
Then stop worrying.
我告诉你笨蛋将统领世界
I told you, the dopeswill inherit the earth.
我想这个唐吉柯德是比我们聪明
I wonder if this Don Quixotehasn’t got the jump on all of us.
如果这样像你我明眼人的生活不是一种诅咒
If it isn’t a curse to gothrough life wised up like you and me.
如果你怀疑我们先下去边吃牛排边说
If you’re going to wonder,let’s go down and do it over a steak.
快,别说了喝完!
Come on, snap out of it. Drink up!
为更大更好的笨蛋干杯
Here’s to bigger and better dopes.
敬唐吉柯德
And to Don Quixote.
你知道我什么感觉?
[SLURRING]Do you know how I felt?
你觉得如何?快
How did you feel? Quick.
我觉得像个妈
I felt just like a mother.
第一次送她的小孩上学
Sending her kid off to schoolfor the first time.
看这他穿着围兜兜走路
Watching the little fellowtoddling off in his best bib and tucker.
希望他能防卫他自己
Hoping he can stand upto the other kids.
说,是谁起的头?
Say, who started this?
我只是在等市区电车
I’m just waiting for a streetcar.
别扯了,好吗?
Well, cut it out, see?
反正,谁在乎?
Who cares, anyway?
我道歉
I apologize.
没关系
All right, then.
毕竟,跟我有什么关系?他们把他从热气球上丢下来
After all, what’s it to me?So they drop him out of a balloon.
我在意的是我不要在现场
All I care is,I don’t want to be around.
我很神经质,看吧?这就是我
I’m squeamish, see?That’s what I am.
[SIGHS]
不
No, sir.
我不一定要接受我不会成为杀人共犯
I don’t have to take it.I won’t be party to murder.
我要辞职了我受够了
I’m going to quit. I’m through.
又来了?这是个好主意
Again? It’s a good idea.
[HICCUPS]
Uh, Diz?Yeah.
我们结婚吧
Let’s get married.
这是个好主意
It’s a good idea.
什么时候?
When?Anytime.
都行
今晚?
Tonight?Okay.
你不介意?
You don’t mind?
我会珍惜你
I’d cherish you.
Ha, ha. Gee…
迪斯,你很好
You’re a good egg, Diz.
我知道
I know.
我们可以离开这里
Maybe we could clearout of this town.
跟一般人一样
Get to feel like people.
就像我们走出隧♥道♥一样
Live like we just got out of a tunnel.
– 隧♥道♥?- 隧♥道♥
Tunnel?A tunnel.
你从没看过草原上的草
You’ve never seen prairie grass
被微风吹拂对不对,迪斯?
with the wind leaning on it,have you, Diz?
那里的风会累吗?
Does the wind get tired out there?
或是活泼的山里小溪
Or angry little mountain streams,
或是太阳照着移♥动♥的牛群?
or the sun movingagainst the cattle?
你从没看过这些,对吧,迪斯?
You’ve never seen anything like that,have you, Diz?
你看过吗?
Have you?No.
Hmm.
我们一定要吗?