我们的故事开始于纽约高空的
Our story begins high over New York City…
一栋豪华顶层公♥寓♥
in the luxurious penthouse apartment…
故事的主角也许是世界上最奇葩的天才
of perhaps the most unlikely genius the world has ever known.
失礼了 我正好在做瑜伽
Oh. Sorry. You caught me doing my yoga.
你是不是以为
You were expecting
我是在做下犬式瑜伽
downward dog, perhaps?
我的名字叫皮博迪先生
My name is Mr. Peabody.
既然我们要一起度过一段时光…
And since we’re going to be spending some time together…
也许我该先自我介绍一下
I’d like to tell you a little bit about myself.
从我还是只小狗的时候
You see, ever since I was a pup…
就不难看出我的独特
it was clear that I was different.
我尝试过融入集体
I tried to fit in…
不用 谢谢
No, thank you.
但从未成功过
but never could.
随着我渐渐长大 越来越多的小伙伴
As I grew, I saw more and more of my littermates…
被新的家人带走
being chosen by their new families.
但由于某种原因 我一直没有被选中
But for some reason, I never was.
过来 小家伙 去捡棍子
Come on, boy! Fetch the stick!
为什么 捡回来你又会再扔一次
But why? Won’t you just throw it again?
这完全是做无用功
It’s an exercise in futility.
我不想要这只 妈咪 他太刻薄了
I don’t want this one, Mommy. He’s sarcastic.
等等 回来 再扔一次吧
Wait, wait! Come back! Throw the stick.
我会听话 跟着你 甚至可以握个手
I’ll stay, I’ll heel, I’ll even shake hands.
汪 汪
Bark, bark?
于是 从未拥有家人的我
So, without a family of my own…
决定投身于追求知识
I dedicated myself to the pursuit of knowledge…
文化和运动的人生
culture, and athletics.
我拿到了哈佛的学位
I received my degree at Harvard.
当然也当上了致告别辞狗
Vale-dog-torian, of course.
之后 我致力于帮助人类
And then, I devoted myself to helping mankind.
我成为了替代能源技术的先驱
I pioneered new techniques in alternative energy.
解决了地球上的地缘政♥治♥冲突
Resolved geopolitical conflicts around the globe.
在业余时间里
And in my spare time…
我发明了拳击 平板支撑 流氓裤
I invented the fist bump, planking, tearaway pants…
自动调音
auto-Tune…
后转带板跳
the backside ollie…
还有尊巴舞
and Zumba.
走走
Now go
停停
Stop
摆摆
Drop
暂停
Pause
但我最骄傲的还是我儿子 舍曼
But what I’m most proud of is my son, Sherman.
你好 皮博迪先生
Hi, Mr. Peabody.
你跟他们讲时光机了吗
Oh! Have you told them about the WABAC?
正要讲呢
I was just getting to that.
收养舍曼时
When I adopted Sherman,
我发誓一定要成为最好的父亲
I vowed to be the best father I could be.
为了让他做好准备迎接世界上所有的奇迹
To prepare him for all the wonders of the world,
现在的和未来的
present and past.
于是在舍曼的启发下有了我此生最棒的发明
And so, Sherman inspired the greatest invention of my life…
一部时间机器
a time machine.
当然了 时间旅行中是会有些意外
Of course, time travel can be a bit unpredictable.
过程中难免有些小灾小难
There are bound to be a few mishaps along the way.
这么说吧 比萨斜塔并非
Let’s just say, the Leaning Tower of Pisa
一开始就是斜的
wasn’t always leaning.
但是要学历史 没有什么比
But there’s nothing like learning
亲身体验更有效了
the lessons of history firsthand.
对吗 舍曼
Right, Sherman?
我们今天去哪里 皮博迪先生
Where are we going today, Mr. Peabody?
不是哪里 舍曼
Not “Where,” Sherman.
是何时
“When.”
哇哦 这是我见过的最大的房♥子
Whoa! This is the biggest house I’ve ever seen!
法国大革命 1789年
这是凡尔赛宫 玛丽·安托瓦内特的家
It’s the Palace of Versailles, home of Marie Antoinette.
法王路易十六的王后
她以一件事最为著称
You know, she was mostly famous for one thing.
蛋糕
Cake!
我太爱蛋糕了
I love cake so much.
玛丽·安托瓦内特真的好喜欢蛋糕 皮博迪先生
Marie Antoinette sure likes cake, Mr. Peabody.
确实如此
Oh! Indeed she does.
玛丽对所有带糖霜的食物
Marie was a woman with a prodigious appetite…
都爱不释口
for all things covered with frosting.
但她昂贵的偏好也让她
But her expensive tastes made her
成为了批评家们的目标
the target of much criticism.
-为什么 -因为 舍曼…
– Why? – Because, Sherman…
在玛丽的统治时期 法国人♥民♥
during Marie’s reign, the common people
处于极度贫穷的状态
of France were exceedingly poor.
你有面包吗
You’ve got any bread?
没有 我太穷了
No! I’m exceedingly poor.
能给我们吃点蛋糕吗
Now, can we have some cake?
当然[法语]
Mais, oui.
抱歉
Oh, yeah, sorry.
能允许我们吃点蛋糕吗
“May we” Have some cake?
当然
Mais, oui!
也许她的头发影响了她的听力
Maybe she can’t hear me through the hair.
舍曼 王后的意思是…
Sherman, what the queen means is…
让他们吃蛋糕吧
Ah! Let them eat cake!
当王后听说
When the queen heard the
可怜的巴黎人♥民♥连面包都吃不起时
poor of Paris could not even buy bread…
她说 那就让他们去吃蛋糕吧
she said, “Let them eat cake.”
不会吧
No!
我亲耳听到的
I heard it myself.
-这是莫大的丑闻 -简直出离残暴了
– It’s a scandal! – It’s an outrage!
打倒王后
Down with the queen!
打倒君主制
Down with the monarchy!
等等
Wait!
她说的是哪种蛋糕
What kind of cake?
真是场绝妙的派对 女王陛下
Smashing party, Your Majesty.
但现在 恐怕到了我和舍曼告别的…
But now, I’m afraid Sherman and I must be…
舍曼 舍曼
Sherman? Sherman?
舍曼
Sherman!
舍曼
Sherman?
舍曼 过来 舍曼
Sherman! Here, Sherman.
你好啊 皮博迪先生
Hey, Mr. Peabody.
你在这儿干什么
What are you doing in here?
尝尝这些蛋糕
Trying these other cakes.
这儿有块草莓奶油霜口味的
There’s one in here with whipped cream and strawberries that’s…
简直太棒了
pretty fantastic!
舍曼
Sherman…
你不记得为什么我告诉你
don’t you remember why I told you to stay
法国大革命期间你要一直待在我身边了吗
close to me during the French Revolution?
因为法国大革命开始后
Because after the French Revolution…
-就要下雨了 -很接近了
– it was gonna rain? – Close.
我说的是 法国大革命开始后
I said, “After the French Revolution comes…
就是腥风血雨
the Reign of Terror!”
抓住贵族们
Round up the aristocrats.
王后和她的贵族朋友们
The queen and her aristocratic cronies…
要为她们的贪婪付出代价
must pay the price for their gluttony.
我们要用对待猪狗的方式
We will slaughter them
惩罚他们猪狗不如的暴行
like the dogs they are.
就从这只开始
Starting with this one!
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody!
我该做什么
What should I do?
什么也不用做 舍曼 待在原地
Nothing, Sherman. Just stay right there.
可是 皮博迪先生
But, Mr. Peabody!
不会有事的 舍曼
Everything is going to be fine, Sherman.
待在原地就行
Just stay right there.
砍掉它的头
Off with his head!
皮博迪先生
Mr. Peabody!
哈密瓜
A cantaloupe?
最低级的水果
The lowest of the fruits.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!