你不该那么做
You shouldn’t do that.
敲打玻璃
Tap the glass.
你怎么知道我这么打算的
How did you know I was going to?
还请见谅 我儿子很爱蜜蜂
You must forgive my son. He loves bees.
这不是蜜蜂 这是黄蜂
It isn’t a bee. It’s a wasp.
完全不是一回事
Different thing entirely.
那是他吗
Was that him?
啊 浪子归巢
Ah, the prodigal returns.
出去 罗杰 你知道不能进这里的
Outside, Roger. You know you’re not allowed.
跟养了一匹威尔士小马驹一样
Like having a Welsh pony.
你要上楼去书房♥吗
Will you be going up to your study?
不 先不上去
No, not as yet.
啊 舒服 又回家了
Ah, yes. Home again.
终于回家了
Home again.
门罗太太
Mrs. Munro!
我们遭遇了人口减少事件
It would appear we’ve had a decrease in population.
我不在的时候希利先生有来照料蜂房♥吗
Did Mr. Healy not come by to take care of the apiary whilst I was gone?
来了 不过他下次就不能帮忙了
Yes, but he won’t be able to do it next time.
-他说的吗 -不是 他女儿说的
-Did Mr. Healy say that? -No, his daughter did.
她带他搬走一起住了 她说他太虚弱了
She’s taken him to live with her. Too feeble, she said.
-他很虚弱吗 -看着精神头倒是挺好的
-Is he too feeble? -Seemed spry enough.
-比以前爱聊天了 也许 -和你吗
-Chattier, maybe. -With you?
自言自语
With himself.
书房♥钥匙
Key to the study.
-那是午饭吗 -嗯
-Is that lunch? -Mm.
华生已经结婚了 我还是孤身一人
Watson had married and I was alone.
事实上 就是在那天 他离开了贝克街
In fact, it was on the very day he left Baker Street
也是在那天 我的最后一案拉开序幕
that the case which was to be my last began to unfold.
大约30年前 一战结束
It was almost 30 years ago. The Great War had ended
游客们也来到贝克街观光
and the tourists had come back to Baker Street
想看一眼真实的夏洛克·福尔摩斯
to catch a glimpse of the real Sherlock Holmes.
还好在华生在故事里
Thankfully, in his stories,
用假地址
Watson had always published a false address
代替了我们真实的住所
for our actual quarters.
看来你找到了正确的地址
So you found the right address.
-你为什么要这么做呢 -先生
-Why did you do it? -Sir?
闯进我的书房♥
Break into my study.
我的书房♥是至圣之所
My study is my sanctum sanctorum.
私人领地
Private place.
你去日本之前 我看到你在写那个故事
Before you went to Japan, I saw you writing that story.
我不知道你竟然写故事
I didn’t know you wrote stories.
噢 华生医生 他是作者
Oh, Dr. Watson, yes, he was the writer.
所以 我跟妈妈借了钥匙进了你的书房♥
Well, so I borrowed Mum’s key and went into your study,
它就在那里
and there it was.
你看了多少了
And how much did you read?
就到你停下来的那里 那部分很好看
Just to where you stopped. It was a good part too.
一个男人来到贝克街
A man comes to Baker Street.
你说 你是为你妻子而来的
You say, “You’ve come about your wife.”
你怎么看出来的 你有没有做那件事
How could you tell? Did you do the thing?
做什么事
What thing would that be?
手杖上有狗的牙印
“The cane shows the marks of a dog’s teeth.
木材来自马德拉西南部的一个岛上
The wood is from an island southwest of Madeira.”
这种事情
That thing.
你怎么知道那个男人是为他妻子来的
And how would you tell that a man’s visit was about his wife?
他戴了婚戒吗
He wears a wedding ring?
没 线索都在那一页上
No. The clues are all on that page.
确切来说 在这句话里
This sentence, to be exact.
一天 房♥间里进来一个年轻人
“One day, into the room came a young man,
穿着一身刚刚熨烫过 却不甚昂贵的衣服
in newly-pressed, albeit inexpensive clothes.”
衣服刚熨烫过 但他是个年轻的男性
The clothes are freshly-pressed. He’s a young man, though.
衣服不贵
Not expensive clothes.
所以一定是他妻子给他熨衣服 男人没这个才能
Then his wife must press them. Men don’t have the talent
他也请不起仆人
and he can’t afford a servant to do so.
很不错
Very good.
-你是这么知道他是为妻子而来的 -嗯 并不是
-That’s how you knew it was about the wife. -Well, no.
如果你是个侦探 而一个男人来找你
When you’re a detective and a man comes to visit you…
通常都是为了他的妻子
it’s usually about his wife.
所以你为什么到这就停了
So why did you stop where you did?
你从药店那把东西拿来了吗
Ah, did you get the things from the chemist?
下订单了 说需要等几天
On order. Said it would be a few days.
我们得盯着他们弄好
We’ll hold them to that.
除此之外一切都非常成功是吗
Otherwise, triumphant, were you?
成功得和二战胜利日一样
Like V-E Day.
噢 医生来了
Oh. Doctor’s here.
-你在日本感冒了吗 -像是这样吗
-Did you catch cold in Japan? -Does it sound it?
我以为你终于了结了什么事
I thought you might be coming off the tail end of something.
-体重也轻了 -嗯
Lost some weight as well. -Hmm.
你找到你要的了吗
Did you find what you were looking for,
神秘的椒山岩
the mysterious ashy prick?
岩山椒
Prickly ash.
噢 不好意思
Oh, yes, sorry.
那家伙就是为了这个邀你去日本的 对吗
That was the reason the fellow invited you to Japan, wasn’t it?
挖出一堆东西 走私回家
Dig up a pile of the stuff, smuggle it home?
它不会影响到你开的药物的作用
It can’t interfere with anything you’ve prescribed.
-但是它也不可能让我生病吧 -单凭它 不会
-But surely it can’t do me ill. -In and of itself, no.
-你是说有副作用 -有可能
-You mean there might be side effects? -Perhaps.
-比如呢 -希望
-Such as? -Hope.
请你去日本的那个人叫什么
What was the name of the fellow who invited you to Japan?
你刚和那个人一起呆了一个星期
You just spent a week with the man,
书信来往有几个月了
corresponded with him for months.
你还记得他的名字吗
Do you recall his name?
我诊所附近的一间公♥寓♥马上要出租了
There’s a flat adjacent to my surgery that’s gone to let…
不要
No!
要是你不记得电♥话♥在哪怎么办
What happens when you don’t recall where the telephone is,
或者你忘了把煤气关上
or you forget to turn off the gas?
-你不能一个人住着 -我不是一个人住
-You can’t live alone. -I don’t live alone.
我有管家
I have the housekeeper.
拿着这本日记
Take this diary.
每次你不记得一个名字或者地方
Each day you don’t recall a name or place,
就在日记本上的那天做个记号♥
make a mark on the page for that day’s date.
要是我忘记做记号♥呢
And if I forget to make the mark?
不 不 不 不要
No, no, no. No. No, no, no.
-这是蜂王浆 -以后我们不用这个了
-It’s the royal jelly. -Yes, well, we’re not using it anymore.
我们用这个
Instead, we’re going to use this.
-它叫岩山椒 -这是吃的吗
-It’s called prickly ash. -Is it food?
呃 看着像是下水道里挖出来的
Eurgh. Looks like it came out the down-spout.
从日本来的
It came from Japan.
难怪这么可怕
That makes all the difference.
像用蜂王浆一样把它加到茶和咖啡里
You add it in as you would the royal jelly, in the tea or the coffee.
而且你应该试试用这个做饭
And you should try cooking with it
让你的拿手菜更上一层楼
to enhance your specialities.
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
福尔摩斯先生
Mr. Holmes?
民喜梅崎
Tamiki Umezaki.
欢迎来日本
Welcome to Japan.
您能接受邀请 我真是深感荣幸
I am so honoured you have accepted my invitation.
今晚在我家过夜 明天我们开始搜寻
We spend tonight at my house. Tomorrow we begin our search.
您的这本书我收藏二十年了
I have owned your book for 20 years.
第一次印刷出版的时候我就买♥♥了
I purchased my copy when it first appeared in print.
我希望您赐我一个签名
I hope you’ll do me the honour of a personal inscription.
噢 好 当然了
Oh, yes. Of course.
梅崎先生 岩山椒生长的地方离这儿多远
Mr. Umezaki, how close to the city does the prickly ash grow?
大部分生长在海边
It is found mostly near the sea.
我们得走多远
And how far shall we have to go?
坐火车需要两天
Where I am thinking is two days’ journey by train.
您很心急吗
You are very eager?
有个项目我正进行到一半 我想早点完成
I’m in the middle of a project that I’m keen to finish
我的思维得保持在最佳状态
and my wits must be at their sharpest.
我希望能尽快从它的药效中获益
I want to be able to benefit from the effect as soon as possible.
-有那么急吗 -恐怕是的
-It’s that urgent? -I fear it’s so.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!