That’s correct.
是的
What’s his condition?
他情况如何
Has he suffered any injury or trauma of any kind?
有没有受到任何外伤或其他伤害
He’s fine. Very good.
他很好 好的
How do I get to you?
我怎么去你那呢
The fastest way would be sea plane.
最快的方法是坐海上飞机
Jed can bring you in with the mail.
你可以跟着航♥空♥信一起来
I’ll come tomorrow morning, if that’s acceptable to you.
我明天早上就到 希望你时间方便
Is someone able to provide reasonable care
在此之前还有人照顾他
and nourishment for the boy until that time?
保证他的一日三餐吗
Is that a yes?
您的意思是有 对吗
Very good, I’ll contact you again before the end of the day.
很好 晚些我会再联♥系♥您
Wait a second.
等一下
Yes?
还有事吗
Social Services?
社会福利
Captain Sharp?
夏普警长
What’s going to happen to him?
他往后会去哪儿
Well, normally, we try to place him in another foster home,
一般我们会安排他去另一个寄养家庭
but that option’s no longer available to us,
但是这个办法行不通了
in my opinion, due to his case history.
我认为 从他的档案历史来看
Which means he’ll go to Juvenile Refuge.
他应该会去未成年人收♥容♥所♥
Wait. What does that mean? Is that an orphanage?
什么意思 孤儿院吗
Who’s speaking?
您是哪位
This is Scout Master Randy Ward.
我是童子军教官兰迪·华德
Right, an orphanage.
没错 是孤儿院
But the first step is the admissions panel
不过要由陪审员审核
requires a psychological evaluation to determine
先做个心理鉴定 看看这孩子是否需要
whether or not the boy is a candidate for institutional treatment
去相关机构做治疗
or electroshock therapy.
或者休克疗法
Excuse me. Shock therapy?
不好意思 你刚才说休克疗法
Why would that be called for? He’s not violent.
为什么要做这个 他又没有暴♥力♥倾向
The report describes an assault with scissors.
报告中提到剪刀伤人
That was the girl.
是那个女孩
That was the girl that did that.
是那个女孩拿剪刀伤的人
Well, maybe she needs help, too, but that’s not our job.
也许她也需要帮助 可我们管不着
Okay?
您明白吗
Okay.
知道了
I’ll be out back.
我出去一下
I’m going to find a tree to chop down.
找颗树砍倒
I do know what you’re feeling, Suzy-bean.
我了解你的感受 小西西
I’ve had moments myself where I say, “What am I doing here?
我也问过自己 “我在这干嘛”
“Who made this decision?
“谁做的这决定”
“How could I allow myself to do something so stupid?
“我怎么能做这种蠢事呢”
“And why is it still happening?”
“为什么事情还是发生了”
We women are more emotional…
我们女人情绪更丰沛
I hate you.
我恨你
Don’t say “Hate”.
不许说”恨”字
Why not? I mean it.
为什么不能说 我就是这么想的
You think you mean it, in this moment. You’re trying to hurt me.
你现在觉得恨我 你说这话是想伤害我
Exactly.
是的
I know what you do with that sad, dumb policeman.
我知道你跟那个苦瓜脸傻警♥察♥做了什么
He’s not dumb.
他不傻
But I guess he is kind of sad.
可他倒是一脸苦相
Anyway, we shouldn’t discuss that.
我们不该谈论这个
It’s not appropriate for me
我根本就不应该
to even acknowledge what I already just said.
说出我刚说的话
Poor Suzy.
可怜的苏西
Why is everything so hard for you?
你怎么总是多磨难呢
We’re in love. We just want to be together.
我们彼此相爱 只是想在一起罢了
What’s wrong with that?
哪不对了
Oh, my God! How are we going to get these fish hooks out?
天啊 我们怎么把这对鱼钩取出来呢
I admit we knew we’d get in trouble. That part’s true.
我们知道自己闯祸了 真的知道了
We knew people would be worried, and we still ran away, anyway.
明知大家会担心可我们还是出走了
But something also happened, which we didn’t do on purpose.
还发生了一些事 但我们不是故意的
When we first met each other, something happened to us.
我们刚碰头的时候发生点事情
That’s very eloquent.
有理有据有说服力
I can’t argue against anything you’re saying.
我无话可说了
But then again, I don’t have to, ’cause you’re 12 years old.
话说回来我也不用说 你只有12岁
Look, let’s face it.
我们就事论事
You’re probably a much more intelligent person than I am.
你比我要聪明的多
In fact, I guarantee it.
这点我敢肯定
But even smart kids stick their finger
但是聪明的孩子偶尔也会
in electrical sockets sometimes.
把手指头插♥进♥通电的插座
It takes time to figure things out.
实践出真知
It’s been proven by history. All mankind makes mistakes.
历来如此 人非圣贤孰能无过
It’s our job to try to protect you from making the dangerous ones,
我们的职责是保护你 远离伤害
if we can.
竭尽我们所能
You want a slug?
来点喝吗
What’s your rush?
你急什么呢
You’ve got your whole life in front of yourself.
你有一生的时光
Ahead of you, I mean.
你还年轻
Maybe so. Anyway, you’re a bachelor.
也许吧 可你是单身汉
So are you.
你还不是一样
That’s true.
没错
Did you love someone ever?
你有喜欢过的人吗
Yes, I did.
当然了
What happened?
然后呢
She didn’t love me back.
她不喜欢我
I’m sorry for your loss.
很遗憾你失去了她
Anyway, that’s what you’re supposed to say.
我觉得应该这么说
Scout Master’s log. September 4th.
童子军教官日记 9月4日
I heard he’s going to reform school.
我听说他要去少管所
I heard that they’re going to take out a piece of his brain,
我听说他会被切除部分大脑
send him to an insane asylum.
然后被送到精神病院
I like his girl.
我喜欢他女朋友
She’s too scruffy for me.
我觉得她太乱来了
Supposedly, they got to third base.
没准他们已经上♥床♥了
That’s not true. He just felt her up.
不可能 他顶多是爱抚她
Over shirt or under shirt?
隔着衣服还是脱了衣服
Damn us.
都想什么呢
It’s none of our business.
这些八卦跟我们有屁关系
This troop has been very shabby to Field Mate Sam Shakusky.
我们对自己的队友萨姆·沙考斯基很糟糕
In fact, we’ve been a bunch of mean jerks.
事实上 我们太混♥蛋♥了
Why’s he so unpopular?
他为什么不受欢迎
I admit, supposedly, he’s emotionally disturbed,
我承认他可能真的是有情绪障碍
but he’s also a disadvantaged orphan. How would you feel?
可他更是个苦命的娃 你们觉得呢
Nickleby?
尼克贝
Deluca?
德鲁克
Lazy-Eye?
瞌睡眼
Gadge?
佳杰
He’s a fellow Khaki Scout, and he needs our help.
他是卡其童子军的一员 需要帮助
Are we man enough to give that
那我们够不够男人
so part of his brain doesn’t get removed out of him?
帮他保住他的脑子呢
They were prepared to die for each other out there.
他俩当时可都准备好为对方去死了
Okay. Okay. What do you need?
好吧 你说 你需要什么
For starters? Three yards of chicken wire,
首先 3码长的细铁丝
some ripped up newspapers, and a bucket of wheat paste.
碎报纸 一桶浆糊
In other words, it’s over.
换句话说 完了
I guess so. For the moment.
我想是吧 就目前而言
Until further notice.
在另行通知前
That’s right.
是啊
I understand.
我明白
I have to do better, for everybody.
为了每个人我得做得更好
Except me.
除了我
Except you.
除了你
Well, I hope you can. I think you will.
希望你做得到 我想你会的
You’re doing the right thing.
你在做正确的事
Who knows what’s going to happen, Duffy?
谁知道会发生什么 达非
I’ll probably see you tomorrow.
可能我明天就会见你
Get out of my chimney.
从我烟囱里滚开

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!