左,右,左
Left, right, left.
民♥主♥制度和人道主义
Democracy and humanitarianism
一直是英国♥军♥队的标志…
have always been trademarks of the British Army.
废话!
– Rubbish! – Shh!
嘘!
…并已经贯彻到了帝国里的每个角落
And have stamped its triumph in the furthest-flung corners of the Empire.
一八七九年第一次祖鲁战争
格拉斯哥
纳塔尔
不管在何时何处,只要打战
But no matter where or when there was fighting to be done,
就要有冷静的指挥官
it has always been the calm leadership of the officer class
也因此而形成今日的英国♥军♥队
that has made the British Army what it is.
借光
Excuse me.
早安,安斯
Morning, Ainsworth.
早安,派肯
Morning, Pakenham.
睡的好吗?
Sleep well?
还好,不过被咬得乱七八糟
Not bad. Bitten to shreds, though.
一定是蚊帐上的洞
Must be that hole in the bloody mosquito net.
对,真是讨厌野蛮的家伙?
Yes, savage little blighters, aren’t they?
抱歉,长官
Excuse me, sir.
什么事?洽得
Yes, Chadwick?
昨晚伯金被咬的很厉害
I’m afraid Perkins got rather badly bitten during the night.
哈!我们也一样
Well, so did we.
我想医生得去看看他
Yes, but I do think Doctor ought to see him.
好!那我去看看他吧!
Well, go and fetch him then.
好的,长官
Right you are, sir.
我该去了 派肯,一起来吗?
Suppose I’d better go along. Coming, Pakenham?
好吧!
Yes, I suppose so.
孩子,来呀
– Here, now. – Come on, boy.
早安,伯金
Morning, Perkins.
长官,早
Morning, sir.
有什么问题?
What’s all the trouble, then?
长官,我昨晚被咬
Bitten, sir. During the night.
整条腿都不见了?
Oh? The whole leg gone, eh?
是的
Yes.
你觉得怎样?
How’s it feel?
有点刺痛
Stings a bit.
那是正常的,不是吗?
Well, it would, wouldn’t it?
咬得真厉害
That’s quite a bite you’ve got there.
Yes. A real beauty, isn’t it?
杰作,是不是?
你知道怎么发生的?
Any idea how it happened?
不,一点线索也没有
None whatsoever. Complete mystery to me.
一觉醒来袜子就多出一只了
Woke up just now, one sock too many.
你的蚊帐一定有很大的洞
You must have a hell of a hole in your net.
我们已经叫医生了
We’ve sent for the doctor.
没有这个必要吧?
Hardly worth it, is it?
为了安全起见以免将来后悔
Yes. Better safe than sorry.
是的,我的天,看看这个
Yes. Good Lord, look at this.
我的上帝,这么大
By Jove! That’s enormous.
你想它会回来吗?
You don’t think it’ll come back, do you?
你指再回来吃人?
For more, you mean?
对!最好把洞缝好
You’re right. We’d better get this stitched.
好 哈罗,医生
Right. Hello, Doc!
早,我尽快赶来,什么事?
Morning. I came as fast as I could. Is something up?
昨晚伯金的腿被咬掉
Yes. During the night, old Perkins got his leg bitten sort of off.
唉!这就是战争
Oh, yeah. Been in the wars, have we?
不错
Yes.
会头痛吗?大便正常吗?
Any headache? Bowels all right?
让我们检查剩下来的这条腿
Well, let’s have a look at this one leg of yours, then, eh?
好…
Yes. Yes, yes, yes.
不用耽心
well, this is nothing to worry about.
喔,好的
Oh, good.
有很多可能性 可能是滤过性病毒
There’s a lot of it about. Probably a virus.
Keep warm, plenty of rest and if you’re playing football or anything,
保暖,多休息,如果踢足球的话
尽量用另一条腿踢
try and favor the other leg.
没问题了
Oh, righto.
我的保证就像再过几天就要下雨一样准确
As right as rain in a couple of days.
医生,谢谢你的保证
Oh. Thanks for the reassurance, Doc.
这是我的职责
Not at all. That’s what I’m here for.
还有其他地方要我检查吗?
Any other problems I can reassure you about?
没有,我很好
No, I’m fine.
太好了,我走了
Jolly good. Well, must be off.
它,还会再长回来吧?
So it’ll just grow back again, then, will it?

Uh…
我必须跟你澄清一件事
I think I’d better come clean with you about this.
这恐怕不是滤过性病毒
It’s not a virus, I’m afraid.
医学上认为病毒是很小,很小
You see, a virus is what we doctors call very, very small,
小到没法吃光整条腿
so small it could not possibly have made off with a whole leg.
据推测,我们所寻找的…
What we’re looking for, and this is no more than an educated guess,
让我说清楚,是一种多细胞的生命型式
I’d like to make that clear, is some multi-cellular life-form
有斑纹、巨大、利牙,大约十一英尺长
with stripes, huge, razor-sharp teeth, about 11-foot long
属于很恐怖的种类
and of the genus Felis Horribilis.
我们医生称之为 老虎
What we doctors, in fact, call a tiger.
老虎?
A tiger?
老虎?
A tiger?
非洲老虎?
A tiger in Africa?
非洲老虎!
A tiger in Africa!
可能从动物园逃出来的
Ah, well, it’s probably escaped from a zoo.
听起来不大对劲
Doesn’t sound very likely to me.
长官!长官!
Sir! Sir!
The attack’s over, sir. The Zulus are retreating.
祖鲁人在撤退
Oh, jolly good.
喔,太好了
长官,伤亡惨重
Quite a lot of casualties, sir.
C区全军覆没,没有信♥号♥♥
C-division wiped out. Signals gone.
– Thirty men killed in F-section. – Yes, I see.
F区三十人死亡
长官,一共一百五十人
I should think about 150 men altogether, sir.
非常好
Jolly good.
I haven’t got the final figures,
战场上有许多重伤患者
but there’s a lot of seriously wounded in the compound…
是的,不过中士我有一点小问题
Yes, well, the thing is, Sergeant, I’ve got a bit of a problem here.
一个军官丧失一条腿
One of the officers has lost a leg.
喔,长官,不会吧
Oh, no, sir!
没有错
I’m afraid so.
可能被老虎咬掉
Probably a tiger.
在非洲?
In Africa?
医官说,或许还能缝上去
The MO says we can stitch it back on
如果马上找回来
if we can find it immediately.
好,长官,我去组织一个派对
Right, sir. I’ll organize a party.
时候不对,现在是紧急状况
It’s hardly the time for that, Sergeant.
一个搜索队
A search party.
嗯!好主意
Much better idea.
抱歉,长官
Sorry about the mess, sir.
在你们回来前我们会把这里收拾好
We’ll try and get it cleared up by the time you get back.
我们给他们颜色看了,是不是,长官?
We showed ’em, didn’t we, sir?
不错
Yes.
你来参加搜索队,别管他
Here. We got a search party. Leave that alone.
这种杀人、流血很好玩,是不是?
All this killing, bloodshed. Bloody good fun, sir, isn’t it?
是的,很好
Yes, very good.
长官,早
Morning, sir.
你伤的不轻
Nasty wound you’ve got there, fella.
谢谢你的关心
Thank you very much, sir.
来,士兵,来参加搜索队
Come on, Private. Making up a search party.
比留在家乡里好多了,对不对?
Better than staying home, isn’t it?
我是说,在家乡杀了人会被捕
I mean, at home if you kill someone, they arrest you.
而这里,他们给我们枪,还教我们怎么用
Here, they give you a gun and show you what to do, sir.
I mean, I killed 15 of those buggers, sir.
我杀了十五个人
在家乡早就被吊死了
At home, they’d hang me.
而在这里,他们居然给我勋章
Here, they’ll give me a fucking medal, sir.
长官,抱歉
Sorry, sir.
谢谢你,军士长
Thank you, Sergeant Major.
看!
Look!
我的天,好大
My God! It’s huge!
别开枪,我们不是老虎

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!