Is there something wrong with the food?
不,味道非常好
No, the food was excellent.
Perhaps you’re not happy with the service?
您对我们的服务不满意吗?
No, no complaints.
不,服务很好
可是我们得走了 我的月经很不舒服
It’s just that we have to go. I’m having rather a heavy period.
我们还得赶火车
And we have a train to catch.
喔,对,我们还要赶火车
Oh! Yes, of course. We have a train to catch
我不愿让经血流的到处都是
and I don’t want to start bleeding all over the seats.
女士? 我们该走了吧?
– Madam? – Perhaps we should be going?
啊,很好,非常谢谢您!
Very well, monsieur. Thank you so much.
很高兴见到您们
So nice to see you,
希望您们能再次光临
and I hope very much we will see you again very soon.
先生,再见
喔,该死,我踩到那个桶子了
Oh, dear. I have trodden in monsieur’s bucket.
再拿个桶来
Another bucket for monsieur,
如果可能把水管也拿来
and perhaps a hose.
喔,麦克斯,你怎么这样!
Oh, Max. Really!
最后,来一颗薄荷糖好吗?
Finally, monsieur, a wafer-thin mint.
不要!
只有薄薄一片
Oh, sir, it’s only a tiny, little thin one.
不,滚开,我饱了 您看!嗯!
– No, fuck off. I’m full. – Oh, sir.
这么薄
It’s only wafer-thin.
我胀死了,塞不下任何东西
Look, I couldn’t eat another thing. I’m absolutely stuffed.
走开
Bugger off.
哦!来,只有一个
Oh, sir, just…just one.
好吧!只能再吃一个
All right, just one.
就这么一个
Just the one, monsieur.
太好了
Voila.
好胃口!
Bon appetit.
谢谢您!这是帐单
Thank you, monsieur, and now, here’s your check.
第六部下 生命的真谛
玛丽亚,我常在想
You know, Maria, I sometimes wonder
在这种地方做事
if we’ll ever discover the meaning of it all,
根本无法发现生命的真谛
working in a place like this.
我曾在更糟的地方做过事
Well, I’ve worked in worse places, philosophically speaking.
真的吗? 真的
– Really, Maria? – Yes.
我曾在研究院做过事
I used to work in the Academie Francaise,
一点帮助也没有
but it didn’t do me any good at all.
我曾经在穆德里拜都图书馆做过事
I once worked in the library in the Prado in Madrid,
记忆中也没教过我任何东西
but it didn’t teach me nothin’, I recall,
还有众议院的图书馆 总该有点帮助吧!
and the Library of Congress you’d have thought would hold some key,
没有!巴多图书馆也一样
but it didn’t, and neither did the Bodleian Library.
我希望能在英国博物馆找到线索
In the British Museum, I hoped to find some clue.
从九点做到六点,读遍所有书籍
I worked there from 0:00 till 6:00, read every volume through,
也没有告诉我生命的奇迹
but it didn’t teach me nothing about life’s mystery.
我越来越老,越来越看不清楚
I just kept getting older, and it got more difficult to see.
直到有一天,视觉消失而关节炎更厉害
Till eventually, me eyes went and me arthritis got bad.
只好在这里做清洁工
So now, I’m cleaning up in here.
我并不觉得悲哀
But I can’t be really sad,
因为我发觉生命就是一场游戏
’cause you see, I feel that life’s a game.
有时赢,有时输
You sometimes win or lose,
也许现在我在走下坡
and though I may be down right now,
至少我没替犹太人做事
at least I don’t work for Jews.
我很抱歉
I’m so sorry.
我不知道我们有种族歧视的工人
I had no idea we had a racist working here.
我诚心诚意地道歉
I apologize most sincerely.
I mean…
我指…
你到哪去?不,我可以解释
Where are you going? No, I can explain…
哼!关于我…
As for me…
如果想知道我在想什么
If you want to know what I think
让我带你去看点东西
I’ll show you something.
跟我来
Come with me.
我是说那个…
I was saying that…
哈罗? 来呀
– Hello? – Come on.
喂,哈罗?
Hello?
哈罗!
Hello!
这边走
This way.
来呀!别害羞
Come on. Don’t be shy.
小心楼梯哟
Mind the stairs, all right?
这样会帮助我解释
I think this will help explain.
跟我来,跟我来
Come along. Come along.
在这里
Over here.
来,来呀!
Come on. Come on.
这边走
This way.
来
Come on.
这边
This way.
跟着我呀
Stay by me.
快到了
Nearly there now.
你看那边
You see that?
那是我出生的地方
That’s where I was born.
你知道,有一天
You know, one day
我妈妈把我放在腿上,对我说
my mother, she put me on her knee and she said to me,
阿盖,我的孩子
“Gaston, my son,
世界是个美丽的地方
“the world is a beautiful place.
你必须要融入 去爱每个人
“You must go into it and love everyone.”
试着让大家都高兴
“Try to make everyone happy
使你所到之处充满安宁和满足
and bring peace and contentment, everywhere you go.”
这就是我成为服务生的原因
So I became a waiter.
我知道,这跟哲学没什么关系
Well, it’s not much of a philosophy, I know.
那滚你的蛋
Well, fuck you.
I can live my own life in my own way if I want to.
我可以用自己喜欢的方式生活
滚蛋
Fuck off.
别再跟我
Don’t come following me.
第七部 死亡
这个人就快死了
This man is about to die.
他马上就要被处死
In a few moments now, he will be killed,
因为亚瑟杰瑞犯了罪
for Arthur Jarrett is a convicted criminal,
who has been allowed to choose the manner of his own execution.
不过他可以选择死亡的方法
他在这儿!
There he is.
亚瑟 查理 郝伯 旺西 麦克亚当 杰瑞
Arthur Charles Herbert Runcie MacAdam Jarrett,
你被十二个人定罪
you have been convicted by 12 good persons, and true,
因为在电影内开善意的黄色笑话
of the crime of first degree making of gratuitous sexist jokes,
被定一级犯罪
in a moving picture.
尘归尘,土归土
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
没有用
It’s no good.
我不想活了 我对任何人都没有好处
I just can’t go on. I’m no good anymore.
我要把一切结束掉
I want to end it all!
Goodbye! Goodbye!
再见!再见!
喔!我的天!
Oh, my God!
喔,不!我…
Oh, no! I…
我怎么办?没有他我不能活!
What’ll I do? I can’t live without him! I…
妈咪! 妈妈,你在哪儿?
– Mummy! – Mum, where are you?
爹地?妈咪?
Daddy? Mummy?
有什么事吗?
Yes?
是因为篱笆的事吗?
Is it about the hedge?
非常抱歉,但是…
Well, I’m awfully sorry, but…
我是恐怖收割者
I am the Grim Reaper.
谁?
Who?
恐怖收割者
The Grim Reaper.
哦!我明白
Yes, I see.
我是死神
I am Death.
是这样子的
Yes, well, the thing is,
we’ve got some people from America for dinner tonight…
我们有些美国朋友一起晚餐
亲爱的,是谁?
Who is it, darling?
是死神先生之类的人
It’s a Mr. Death or something.
为了收割的事而来
He’s come about the reaping?
我们现在不需要
I don’t think we need any at the moment.
哈罗!亲爱的,别让他在外面 请他进来
Hello. Don’t leave him hanging around outside, darling. Ask him in.
我认为不合适
I don’t think it’s quite the moment.
请进,来
Do come in. Come along.
来喝杯酒,请进来
Come and have a drink. Do. Come on.
It’s one of the little men from the village.
是当地的村民
Do come in. Please.