“Well… Well… “? That’s all you got to say?
我小孩刚刚转到新学校
My kid just started a new school.
-交了新朋友 -那…
– They made friends. – That’s, uh…
孩子们不该在年中转学
You shouldn’t pull them out in the middle of the year.
-你应该等等 -你胡诌些什么呢
– You should wait. – What the hell are you talking about?
不知道 我就不该
I don’t know. I shouldn’t have-
这种事我做不来 这荒谬了
I’m not gonna do this. I think this is stupid.
我谁都不想解雇 这太蠢了
I’m not gonna fire anybody, and this is dumb.
他们是职业球员 直截了当就行
They’re professional ballplayers. Just be straight with them.
不用绕来绕去 讲♥事♥实♥
No fluff, just facts.
皮特 你被炒了 详情请咨♥询♥杰克
Pete, I gotta let you go. Jack’s office will handle the details.
这样就行了吗
That’s it?
真的
Really?
你是愿意头部中弹
You rather get a bullet to the head
还是愿意胸部中五弹 慢慢流血身亡呢
or five to the chest and bleed to death?
只有这两种选择吗
Are those my only two options?
随队比赛去
Go on the road with the team.

Okay.
老兄
Say, bro.
-我问个问题 -好
– Let me ask you a question. – Yeah.
你老板为什么不随队比赛
How come your boss doesn’t travel with the team?
他不爱和球员攀交情
He doesn’t like to mingle with the players.
是为了裁掉我们更容易些吧
Is that supposed to make us easier to cut?
不知道 我也不知道
I don’t know. I don’t know.
为什么俱乐部的汽水还要收一块钱
And how come soda is a dollar in the clubhouse?
从没见过这么抠门的
I never seen nothing like that.
比利想把钱花在球场上
Billy likes to keep the money on the field.
汽水钱吗
Soda money?
真的吗
Really?
汽水钱花在场上哪里了
Where on the field is the dollar I’m paying for soda?
这事搞清楚有点难
It’s hard to see exactly,
-但确实花了 -对 是搞不清楚
– but it’s there, yeah. – Yeah, it is hard to see.
我问完了
I’m done.
-爸 -宝贝
– Hey, Dad. – Hi, honey.
-你还好吗 -不错
– How are you? – I’m good.
-旅途还顺利吗 -还行
– Was it bumpy? – It was okay.
我们依然支持你们
经历了今晚的失败 奥克兰运动家队
So with this loss tonight, the Oakland Athletics incredibly,
不可思议地在最近17场比赛中输了14场
have lost 14 of their last 17 games.
他们在西部赛区还剩十场比赛
They are 10 games back in the American League West.
可以宣布这次创新失败了吧
Is it fair to say the experiment has failed?
绝对没错 谁都猜得出来
Well, absolutely. It was predictable.
虽然我们希望每个人都成功
You don’t wish anybody a lack of success,
但是事实就摆在面前
but the facts are in front of you.
这不能怪阿尔特·豪
You can’t blame Art Howe.

No.
问题的根本在于
The fact of the matter is,
这和数据统计无关 完全是人的问题
this is not about statistics, this is about people.
阿尔特·豪不是问题所在
Art Howe is not the problem.
问题在比利·比恩领导的管理团队
The problem is in the general manager’s office with Billy Beane.
问题的根源在我看来很明显了
The root of the problem for me is philosophical.
我以前说过 他的想法过于虚幻
I said it before. This is fantasy baseball.
比利失去了理智
Billy is just not thinking.
应该考虑换个经理 改变一下
Start thinking about a new GM, making changes.
他从来不去赛场观战
He never goes to the games.
那是肯定的
This was very predictable.
他应该来看看这里发生了什么
He needs to look at what’s going on.
-他得面对现实 -比利·比恩下课
– The man needs to get real. – I want Billy Beane gone.
要求比恩公开计划 公开你的想法
Calling for Beane’s head. I want your thoughts.
在上十八场比赛里
The past 18 games,
他们不是被完封就是只得四分
they’ve been shut out or scored one run four times.
他们得分太低了
They’re just not scoring enough.
原因不止在于进攻
It’s not just the offense,
也不止在于撒德·博斯利和击球手
not Thad Bosley and the hitters.
所有环节都有问题
It’s everything.
如果只是在于某一个环节 你还可以补救
If there was one thing you could pick out, you’d try to fix it,
但现在一切都很糟糕
but just everything is in a funk right now.
我他妈的在干嘛呢
What the hell am I doing?
老天啊
Oh, man.
听着 史蒂夫
Look, Steve.
我对我们的所作所为充满信心
I believe in what we’re doing.
战绩并不能反映球队的实力
The record doesn’t reflect the strength of this team
这赛季末我们还可以有所作为
or where we’re gonna be at the end of the season.
现在 皮特和我坚信
Now, Pete and I here feel very strongly
我们当初的想法
that we stay on the track we’ve chosen.
我们的抽样还不够
Our sample size has been too small.
现在评判还为时尚早
It’s too early. It’s still early.
我们在全明星赛之前能做些什么呢
Where do we expect to be by the All-Star break?
我们的期望和目标是
Our goal and our expectation is
到七月中旬能在7场比赛内拿到第一
by mid-July to be within seven games of first.
不出意外应该会实现
That would be this working.
-那样我们就有机会了 -太对了
– That keeps us in the hunt. – Exceptionally well.
-七月之前 -对
– By July. – July.
要实现目标有什么阻力吗
And what’s gonna prevent you from accomplishing that?
有什么不敢做的吗
What are you afraid of?
没有 这就是来此的原因 史蒂夫
Nothing. That’s why we’re here, Steve.
这就是我们早起的原因 我们的职责所在
That’s why we get up in the morning. That’s all we do.
-还要吗 -再来一点
– More? – Yeah, a little more.
-别告诉你妈 -不会
– Don’t tell your mother. – I won’t.
-巧克力酱要吗 -要
– Chocolate sauce? – Yes.
够了
Stop.
-大勺还是小勺 -小勺
– Big spoon or little spoon? – Little spoon.
谢谢
Thank you.
爸 你不会失业吧
Dad, there’s no way you’re gonna lose your job, right?
什么
What?
我也不太清楚
Well, I don’t know.
-只是好奇 -听谁说的
– I’m just wondering. – Where’d you hear that?
网上看到的
Well, I go on the Internet sometimes.
以后别上网了
Well, don’t do that. Don’t go on the Internet.
多看看电视或读读报纸
Or watch TV or read newspapers
或找人聊聊天
or talk to people.
我不爱聊天 我喜欢阅读
I don’t talk to people. I just read stuff.
亲爱的 没事的
Honey, everything’s fine. Everything’s fine.
真的 你不用担心
Really, you don’t have to worry.
你一旦失业 就得搬走吗
But if you lose your job, will you have to move away?
亲爱的 我不会失业的
Honey, I’m not gonna lose my job.
不用担心
You don’t have to worry.
好吧
Okay.
-没问题的 -好吧
– There’s no problem. – Okay.
我只是住得比较偏僻 那根本不是问题
All right? I got uptown problems, which are not problems at all.
别担心 好吗
You’re not worried, right?
-我不担心了 -乖
– No, I’m not worried. – Okay.
佩纳
Pena.

Okay.
把戴安排在右侧
I want Dye in right,
贾斯蒂斯指定打击 佩纳替补
Justice DH’ing, Pena on the bench,
哈特伯格一垒手
Hatteberg at first,
梅格斯作第一投手
and anyone but Mags first out of the pen.
佩纳坐板凳吗
You want Pena on the bench?
对 这样哈蒂就能上场了
That’s right. So you can play Hattie.
佩纳不仅是我们最好的一垒手
Pena is not only the best first baseman on the roster,
也是唯一的
he’s the only first baseman on the roster.
哈蒂上垒次数高于佩纳
Hattie gets on base more than Pena.
整整高了二十个百分点
In fact, 20 percent more.
那防守呢
And his fielding?
防守并不重要
His fielding does not matter.
-我受够了 -是吗
– I’ve heard enough of this conversation. – Have you?
还有我…
And I, uh…
我肯定不能同意你的安排
I disagree with you, plain and simple.
此外 我要用自己的方式来用人
And moreover, I’m playing my team
这样下个冬季我就能另谋他就
in a way that I can explain in job interviews next winter.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!