What? – Welcome to Oakland, D.J.
真是活见鬼
Oh, you gotta be shitting me.
我想今年 我们应该展现整体实力
I think this year, we’re gonna show that it takes a team to win,
而不是个人能力 我们是一个团队
not any individual guy, just a team.
而且我们今年的阵容很完整
And I think we got a hell of a ball club here.
查德 你今天紧张吗
Chad, are you intimidated at all today?
不紧张
I wouldn’t say I’m intimidated,
真的 我感到很兴奋 就象你说的
really. I’m just really excited, like you said.
杰里米 没有你哥杰森在
Jeremy, how’s the team gonna
你们如何取得成功
fare without your brother, Jason?
球队的组织工作十分出色
Well, you know, the organization did a great job
有不少优秀年轻球员加入填补了空缺
of bringing in good young guys to fill that role.
恕我直言 他们正和你谈合约
Let’s face it, they’re getting a deal with you.
杨基队准备付给杰森一大笔钱
The Yankees are paying Jason a lot of money.
而你准备加入这个小地方 你对此有何感受
You are coming here on a dime. How does that make you feel?
我感觉不错
I feel good. Um…
-你的手指神经好点了没 -你们知道的
– How are the nerves in your fingers? – You know.
你已经三十六岁了 再重新开始
Gotta start with the age, 36 years old.
你觉得身体扛得住吗
How do you think your body’s gonna hold up?
你经常进出脱衣舞俱乐部 参加晚会
You spend a lot of time at strip clubs, partying.
你上不了场恼火吗
Do you resent the attention you get off the field?
没有的事 超喜欢
I don’t. I love it.
-你还经常去维加斯 -没错
– You spend a lot of time in Vegas. – I do.
我感觉好极了 我已经…
I feel great. I did a lot
-很努力去… -不好意思 别挡镜头
– of work to get… – Excuse me. Get out of my shot.
抱歉 请继续
Sorry, go ahead.
有些人对于我的年龄
There have been questions about my age
和球技提出了质疑
and my declining skills, some say,
但是我来这里就是要证明他们错了
but I’m here to prove that wrong.
我问的是 你是否百分之百肯定
I asked if you were 100 percent.
-打扰 比恩先生吧 -你好 查德
– Excuse me, Mr. Beane? – Hey, Chad.
-你不会嫌我烦吧 -哪里话 什么事
– Hey, I’m not disturbing you, am I? – Not at all. What’s up?
我想谢谢你给了我这个机会
I wanted to say thank you for this opportunity.
我们欢迎你加入
Well, we enjoy having you.
对我们大家都是个好事
It’s gonna work out well for all of us.
非常感谢 先生
I appreciate it, sir.
以前从没人给过我这种机会
Nobody’s ever given me a chance like this before.
真的吗
Nobody?
您是第一个 先生
Well, just you, sir.
今天是个大日子 会让你难忘的
Well, it’s a big day, one you won’t forget.
非常感谢 我想让您知道
Appreciate it. And I wanna let you know
我会为您和您的家人祈祷的
I’m gonna be praying for you and your family.
好的
No problem.
距离奥克兰运动家队的
Well, here we are just minutes away
2002新赛季开幕只有不到几分钟时间了
from the season opener of 2002 for the Oakland A’s.
第一场比赛就要开始了
The first pitch is moments away.
我们会在国歌♥声中回来
We’ll come back with the national anthem.
开幕式即将开始
Opening day is upon us.
大家笑笑 好了
All right, fellas, smile. Here we go.
她的爱带给我安康
Hey, she give me love And I feel all right now
我进去了 发短♥信♥报告比赛情况
I’m going in. Text me the play-by-play.
什么 为什么
What? Why?
我看不得比赛
I don’t watch the games.
立定
Detail, halt!
向前看
And forward face!
佩纳
发给比利 怎么是佩纳首发 不是哈特伯格吗
他是今天游骑兵队第三位击出安打的选手
That’s the third Ranger batter to be hit today.
亚历克斯·罗德里格兹两次盗垒 第九…
Twice Alex Rodriguez was nicked. The ninth-
我应该在第一天就给你更大的发言权
I should’ve made you a bigger part of the conversation from day one.
那样就会让工作职责更明确
It’d be clear what we’re trying to do.
都是我的错 我负全责
That was my mistake, Art. I take responsibility for that.
你到底想说什么
What are you trying to say?
如果你不按既定战术安排球员
Doesn’t matter what moves I make
就算我再怎么部署都没用
if you don’t play the team the way they’re designed to be.
比利 你管得太宽了吧
Billy, you’re out of your depth.
为什么不让哈特伯格当一垒手
Why not Hatteberg at first?
因为他当不了一垒手
Because he can’t play first.
-你怎么知道 -凭我的临场经验
– How do you know? – Not my first baseball game.
-斯科特·海特伯格不会击球… -他能上垒
– Scott Hatteberg can’t hit… – He gets on base.
如果我们想继续待在候补区
Still keeps us in the plus column.
只需赢得七分
We need to be 7 over 500.
什么
What?
还有事吗
Anything else?
有 比起马格南特
Yeah. I would’ve rather seen
最后我还是更想看到布莱德福特出场
Bradford in the end than Magnante.
他是右撇子
Bradford’s a righty.
-我才不在乎左撇子右撇子 -我在乎
– I don’t care about righty-lefty. – I do.
-都因为你合约的事吗 -不是
– Could this be about your contract? – No.
是因为你管得太宽
This is about you doing your job and me doing mine.
现在我得一个人
Mine’s me being left alone
收拾你留下的烂摊子
to manage this team you assembled for me.
-我可没留烂摊子给你 阿尔特 -那就是
– I didn’t assemble them for you, Art. – No shit.
很好
Good meeting.
每次和你谈话
Every time we talk,
都会重新唤起我对棒球的热爱
I’m reinvigorated by my love of the game.
我们请来了格雷迪·弗森
We got Grady Fuson,
运动家队的前星探主管
former head of scouting with the Athletics.
格雷迪 你能为我们解读一下怎么回事吗
And, Grady, can you interpret for us what’s going on?
-他们管这叫金球 -什么是金球
– They call it Moneyball. – Moneyball?
对 本来是个好理论 但现在不管用了
Yes, and it was a nice theory, and now it’s just not working out.
比利·比恩借鉴了比尔·詹姆斯的棒球统计学理论
Billy Beane has built this team on the ideas of a guy, Bill James,
组建了现在这支球队
who wrote an interesting book on baseball statistics.
问题是比尔·詹姆斯没打过棒球
The problem is that Bill James never played,
也没管理过棒球队
never managed.
他原本只是食品加工厂的保安
He was in fact a security guard at a pork-and-beans company.
这是大厦将倾的前兆吗
Do you see this as a decimation of the organization?
他已经走上了不归路
He bought a ticket on the Titanic.
危险啊
Oh, boy.
他固执地一意孤行
He’s tried to come up with a new approach.
我即使向他认错 也没用
My hat’s off to him. It won’t work.
投球两好一坏 特谢达三振出局
One-two pitch. Tejada strikes out.
比赛结束
And that is the game.
西雅图水手队主客场都赢了 雷
The Seattle Mariners win both games on this series, Ray.
他们已经连胜十场 本赛季已胜十三场败三场
They’ve won 10 in a row. Seattle is 13 and 3.
看不下去了
I can’t watch this shit.
以后你随队比赛
Go on the road with the team.
你从来没有随队比赛过
You don’t go on the road with the team.
-所以我叫你去 -你为什么不去
– That’s why I want you to do it. – Why don’t you?
我不能和这些家伙过于亲近
I can’t develop personal relationships with these guys.
以后可能得转卖♥♥他们 开除他们
I gotta be able to trade them, send them down,
有时要裁掉他们
sometimes cut them.
顺便说一句 这些招你也应该学学
Which is something you should learn to do, by the way.
我从没想过裁人 除非你…
I would never have to cut a player, unless you…
-行了吧 -行什么行
– Oh, come on. – “Come on” What?
-我们来练习一下 -不
– Let’s practice. – No.
现在我是球员 你要裁掉我
Yeah. I’m a player. You gotta cut me from the roster.
-不 -开始吧
– No. – Go.
-试试看 -不
– What do you mean, no? – No.
-快点 -这太荒谬了
– Do it. – This is stupid.
这是工作需要 伙计
Part of the job, man.
好吧
Fine.
比利 请坐 我们要谈一下
Billy, please have a seat. I need to talk to you for a minute.
继续
Go on.
你一直以来都是球队主力
You’ve been a huge part of this team.
但是有时候你要为球队考虑一下
But sometimes you have to make decisions for the team.
我相信你能理解
I’m sure you can understand.
-你要炒了我吗 -很抱歉
– You’re cutting me? – I’m really sorry.
我刚在这里买♥♥了房♥
I just bought a house here.
-那… -就在奥克兰
– Well… – In Oakland.
那… 那…
Well, uh… Well…
变结巴了吗 无语了吗

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!