我的偶像
That’s my hero.
球员里除了贝瑞·邦兹
That man gets walked more than anybody in baseball
没有人保送率比他高
except for Barry Bonds.
去年六月 我曾想说服夏皮罗签了他
I tried to convince Shapiro to pick him up last June,
但他说他打球时就像只鸭子
but he said he waddled like a duck.
后来 波士顿签了他
Yeah, Boston snagged him.
我想他们会给他点时间
I think they wanna wait and see.
还好吗 比利
Are you okay, Billy?
比利
Billy?
我们能谈谈吗
Can we talk?
好的 好
Yeah. Yeah.
你很不高兴 格雷迪 怎么回事
You’re unhappy, Grady. Why?
-我能直言吗 -当然 说
– May I speak candidly? – Sure, go ahead.
如果你们还是执迷不悟
Major League Baseball and its fans,
职棒大联盟和球迷们
they’re gonna be more than happy to
会很不高兴
throw you and Google Boy under the bus
甚至把你和谷歌♥小子扔到车底去
if you keep doing what you’re doing.
你不能用电脑来组建队伍
You don’t put a team together with a computer.
-不能吗 -不能
– No? – No.
棒球不是数据 更不是科学
Baseball isn’t just numbers. It’s not science.
如果是 早就有人做了 但是没有
If it was, anybody could do what we’re doing, but they can’t.
数据不是万能的
They don’t know what we know.
它们不具备我们的经验和智慧
They don’t have our experience and our intuition.
好吧
Okay.
在你的身边
You got a kid in there
那边是拥有耶鲁经济学位的高材生
that’s got a degree in economics from Yale.
这边却是拥有二十九年棒球经验的球探团队
You got a scout here with 29 years of baseball experience.
但你用错了人
You’re listening to the wrong one.
其中的内涵只有行业里的人才能理解
Now, there are intangibles that only baseball people understand.
你看不起一百五十年历史的球探制度吗
You’re discounting what scouts have done for 150 years?
甚至包括你自己
Even yourself?
适者生存
Adapt or die.
你想公报私仇 是吗
This is about you and your shit, isn’t it?
二十年前 某个球探看走了眼
Twenty years ago, some scout got it wrong.
-打住 打住 -所以你要挑战这个制度
– Whoa. Okay. Okay. – Now you declare war on the system.
好了 该我说了 你没能力预测未来
Okay, okay, my turn. You don’t have a crystal ball.
你和我一样都不能
You can’t look at a kid
看孩子一眼就预测到他的未来
and predict his future any more than I can.
我曾经坐在餐桌上
I’ve sat at those kitchen tables with you
听你对父母们说 机遇来的时候 我自然知道
and listened to you tell parents, “When I know, I know.
我知道你儿子什么时候会出人头地
And when it comes to your son, I know. ”
可你不知道
And you don’t.
你不知道
You don’t.
得了 我才不在乎什么友情
Okay. I don’t give a shit about friendship,
现在怎么样 过去怎么样
this situation, or the past.
我的思路和职棒大联盟一样
Major League Baseball thinks the way I think.
你们会输得很惨
You’re not gonna win.
再给你个免费忠告
And I’ll give you a nickel’s worth of free advice.
这个赛季你要是把我们都整惨了
You’re never gonna get another job when shout fires you
你就等着下课吧 而且永无翻身之日
after this catastrophic season you’re about to set us all up for.
以后你就得向你的孩子解释
You’ll have to explain to your kid
为什么要在体育用品商店工作
why you’re working at Dick’s Sporting Goods.
我不会炒掉你 格雷迪
I’m not gonna fire you, Grady.
-操♥你♥妈♥ 比利 -现在你被炒了
– Fuck you, Billy. – Now I will.
祝你好运 阿尔特
Good luck, Art.
库伯特 你玩过球吗
Kubota. You never played ball, right?
-小时候玩过点 -现在开始你来掌管球探队伍
– I played a little T-ball. – You’re the new head scout.
恭喜你升职
Congratulations.
波士顿那边在观望吗
So Boston’s gonna wait and see?

Yeah.
要保密 皮特
Yeah. It’s just you and me, Pete.
我们要拿下他
And we’re all in.
春季训练
你似乎在为他们的做法而道歉
It sounds like you’re apologizing for what they’re doing.
我不是道歉 我只是不清楚
I’m not apologize. I just don’t know what you’re gonna do
运动家队现有的预算能做什么 有你中意的吗
with the budget that the A’s have. Who are you gonna get?
我正在看春训的名册
I’m looking at the spring-training roster.
-开玩笑吧 -怎么了
– You gotta be kidding me. – How so?
他在场上就象个小丑
He looked like a clown out there.
-谁 -查德·布莱德福特
– Who? – Chad Bradford.
查德·布莱德福特
跟我说说布莱德福特
Tell me about Bradford.
我有点喜欢他 不过他技术不是很全面
I like him a little bit, but he’s a specialist.
他不像你说的那种 第八局就看你的了
He’s not a guy that you say, “The eighth inning is yours,
左撇子对右撇子
lefties vs. Righties. ”
在我看来
In my opinion.
我不知道比利·比恩和管理层
I don’t know what Billy Beane
到底看上他哪一点
and management understands about him.
他的投球速度只有八十二到八十三英里每小时
He only throws the ball about 82, 83 miles an hour.
肯定另有原因…
There must be something-
他就是个怪胎 很傻的那种
He is a freak, and not in a good way.
我来问问你
Let me ask you this.
大卫·贾斯蒂斯
说到力争小组出线
Talking about trying to win a division.
我们就指望大卫能重振雄风了
We’re counting on David to be the guy he was.
但我有点怀疑 他已老了
I have my doubts. He’s gotten old.
那也是纽约队和克利夫兰队
That’s why he’s not in New York anymore,
都不想要他的原因
not in Cleveland anymore.
我们付给他的工资
We paid him the money we should’ve
应该给乔尼·戴蒙
been giving to Johnny Damon.
谈谈杰瑞米·吉昂比
Hey. Jeremy Giambi.
杰瑞米·吉昂比
真正需要担心的是那小子
That’s the one need to worry about.
他花在维加斯赌场的钱比在奥克兰还多
He gets comps up and down Vegas more than in Oakland.
大家可以从这事了解个大概了
That should tell you something right there.
钱不会都花到这些家伙身上了吧
Isn’t that the all deal with these guys?
他第一年表现还可以
He has one good year.
之后得到了一个巨额合同 就被交易了
And he gets a huge offer and then he gets traded.
-鲍勃 狠点儿 -哈特伯格
– Bob. Harder. – Hatteberg.
不错 不错
Good. Good.
比利 我们得谈谈哈特伯格
Billy, we have to talk about Hatteberg.
-说 -他在垒上完全没有感觉
– Go. – There’s just no feel for the spot.
要成为大联盟里的一垒手
I think it’s a long shot
他还得花点时间
that he can be a big-league first baseman.
现在还是训练的第一周 现在评价为时过早
It’s day one of the first week. You can’t judge this yet.
我觉得可以下定论了
No, I think we can judge it.
我挺喜欢他 但我能评判他
I mean, I like him, you know, but I can judge him.
一垒对他来说犹如月中嫦娥
First base is the moon to him.
对 吉昂比不是
It wasn’t to Giambi.
吉昂比是最烂的一垒手
Giambi’s the worst first baseman in baseball.
拿吉昂比和他比吗
Gonna compare him to Giambi?
我们在胡扯些什么呢
What are we talking about?
好了
All right.
你怎么想 沃什
What do you think, Wash?
说好听点就是他缺乏自信
The nice way to say it is he lacks confidence.
那就鼓励他
Well, give him some.
我会的 但我们还有佩纳可以当一垒手
I’ll do that, but we got Pena, who can play first.
看他样子很不错
And he’s looking mighty good out there.
我坚持用哈蒂
We wanna go with Hattie.
我们还有六周时间
We got six weeks.
上垒吧
Get down in it.
-接住了 -史考特·H
– There you go. – Scotty H.
-干得漂亮 -接得漂亮
– That’s what I’m talking about. – Picking machine.
集中注意力
It’s only baseball.
这招最好管用
This better work.
开个玩笑
I’m just kidding you.
2002年4月1日 开赛日
别让信念止步
Don’t stop believin’
我们齐加油 奥克兰
ALL Let’s go, Oakland!
加油吧 奥克兰
Let’s go, Oakland!
霓虹闪亮
Streetlight
-这玩意怎么回事 -要钱的 伙计
– What is wrong with this thing? – It’s a dollar, man.
-什么 -欢迎加盟奥克兰 D.J

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!